Home English (UK) Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Wheel of Fortune

Hello, I do not usually write in the forum. I however do need to address the issues I see as dragging the game down and destroying the faith in the game and its administrators and owners. The wheel has been so badly compromised that it will make it impossible for anyone to use it or gain anything from it. You constantly update and say your making things better but all I see are more mess ups, more glitches, more backstabbing and more pain caused by the owners to make more greed and money. What used to be a good game is now who has the most money and who can do the most damage! Well for me its Goodgame itself that wins hands down! You have taken a decent game and perverted it into a fest of who can have the most money to spend and corrupt the game the most! This is why so many of your loyal followers have quit over the last 3 years because it just isnt fun anymore. The glitches, the updates, the promises, the lying is all food for the owners of Goodgame Inc and nothing for the loyal(or who were) to the game itself.
 I agree with haytoro when she complains about the Wheel. It has gotten to the point where you cant even play it. I am not a rich person however, I have been playing this game for 9 years. I enjoy because I have met some awesome people on the game and enjoy their company and their views. I have lost a few from death, from leaving and basically from being sick of the crap that GGE and GGS demand we deal with! When is enough enough?
Just a question.
 The moderators do a decent job at what they do but, their hands are tied also. I am just a little person, not a millionaire! So when do you all think you have enough money to turn the game back into what it was a fun game!?

indianwoman @ usa 1

Comments

• Taggart (US1)Taggart (US1) US1 Posts: 548
    +1. I tip my hat to you sir, for speaking up against the greed of GGS.

^ reached at level 18.
    Taggart @ US1. Level 50 Count Palatine, the Shieldcrusher, 120k MP, proud denier of buying rubies, proud member of Excalibur Echo, proud forum community member.
    Taggart @ Int3

I'm the Sandravlc from ye olde days. Been here since 2014...
    Frenemy of Graycat since 2015

• honkey12b (US1)honkey12b (US1) US1 Posts: 27
    I agree.  In fact, they just up the minimum tickets to thirty from three (that used to be pro-mode, which is 300 tickets now.)  I used to spend a couple of hours playing the wheel for enjoyment and some gain.  Now I can't afford it.
  • and now the pro mode takes 300 tickets per spin
    how are we suppose to get that much when gge give like 10-20 tickets in rewards
    great rahul @ in 1
    and now the pro mode takes 300 tickets per spin
    how are we suppose to get that much when gge give like 10-20 tickets in rewards
    Buy them, which seems to be the common census now xd

^ reached at level 18.
    Taggart @ US1. Level 50 Count Palatine, the Shieldcrusher, 120k MP, proud denier of buying rubies, proud member of Excalibur Echo, proud forum community member.
    Taggart @ Int3

• from 3 to 6 would have been a 100% increase from 3 to 30 is 1000% increase  so good game would you ever give your staff a pay increase of 1000% I don't think so

you know the highway man that comes to our castle  that's you good game

itismetoday

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LV 70 @ en 1
  • Good point Lord Taggart.  Even the missions only give a player 2-4 tickets at at time. It is no longer worth it to buy them as part of a package, and it makes it impossible for non-ruby buyers  and new players to enjoy the event at all. I'll take my "free" spin and that's it. It is now just one more useless thing in the game -- ie the wishing well and seemingly the alliance cities.  GG needs to change this back to what it was.
  • If the wheel is gonna be 30 tickets per spin now make the rewards a bit better like you were spinning old promode
    I like this one.  ;)

King clone
    Good point Lord Taggart.  Even the missions only give a player 2-4 tickets at at time. It is no longer worth it to buy them as part of a package, and it makes it impossible for non-ruby buyers  and new players to enjoy the event at all. I'll take my "free" spin and that's it. It is now just one more useless thing in the game -- ie the wishing well and seemingly the alliance cities.  GG needs to change this back to what it was.
    That's exactly what I'll do too. I will only use my free spin until/unless they, as king clone said:king clone (US1) said:
    make the rewards a bit better like you were spinning old promode

^ reached at level 18.
    Taggart @ Int3

• jema3 (US1)jema3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,110
    #freespinonly.
    jema3 @ usa 1
  • Lee_41 (US1)Lee_41 (US1) US1 Posts: 31
    edited 26.06.2018
    I had roughly 7000 tickets... 

so in my estimation... after the change... to equal everything out
    GGE owes me 2.1 million tickets

only free spinning until that happens

Lee_41 @ usa 1
  • The wheel is completely useless for everyone except wealthy players that can buy LOTS of tickets. So I guess I'm not doing the wheel anymore. It's just a decoration outside my castle now. 
  • Howling73 (US1)Howling73 (US1) US1 Posts: 50
    Very well said IW.  This is at the very heart of the problem.  GGS lost sight of this game a long time ago.  2017 was a year of taking away as much as they could, under the banner of "re-balancing", reducing it to the lowest common denominator, but it appears the overall changes now have been a blatant attempt to shift competition back to those that can spend the most.

This game used to offer competitiveness to those that played hard.  It seems that aspect was lost a long time ago with all the disappointing changes that are now too many to re-list.

A year ago I decided this game wasn't worth spending money on anymore.  Unfortunately it's getting to the point where it's no longer worth spending time on anymore either.
  • I sympathize with all the people here giving Negative criticism.  Good Game was a "Good Game" when I started playing 5 years ago.

Now its just an expensive hobby(if you are crazy enough to actually spend money on it) which has lost its fun,

Like many I only continue to lay the game because of the people I've met but even that can change.

Since GGS keeps making it impossible to play the game due to expense, I'm searching for a new role-play game similar to this game.

If I find one I'll do my best to take my friends in my alliance and as many others as I can to a new home where we can actually enjoy each others company again without the worry of "Whats it gonna cost me now"

GGS you may think you're doing well making money but what happens when the small people who comprise I would say 75% of you're clients leave for another game.

You will be left with none but the big spenders and since they wont have any less fortunate players to pick on Even they wont stay and this is not just Empire .. its all your games ..

Make the money now while the wealth players are willing to give you the profit because the path you are on will lead to the games demise.

• Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) AU1 Posts: 575
    I had roughly 7000 tickets... 

so in my estimation... after the change... to equal everything out
    GGE owes me 2.1 million tickets

only free spinning until that happens

210,000 tickets but your pt is still valid..
    Shares @ au 1
  • LiseBel1 (US1)LiseBel1 (US1) US1 Posts: 14
    I totally agree with you Sir and I too have seen so many who have left the game because of the greed, the glitches and making this game for the rich, and leaving the poor working class behind to burn.  While the Wheel of Fortune, at 3 tickets per spin were something I looked forward to, since I could be getting the coveted rubies, are still spewing out the level 2 equipment, I mean can you honestly say these are worth the 30 tickets you've increased these spins to.  For shame GGE, for shame in gauging your players in this way, the same for the red flags, and fewer and fewer blue ones, it's to the point of it being disgusting and blatant high way robbery.  Seems to me that GGE & GGS are looking for approximately 1000-3000 players to be able to play this game fairly.

Disappointed player!
    LiseBel1 @ usa 1
  • BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 575
    edited 19.10.2018
    I remember when the wheel came out. With all the fuss about its recent update, you'd think people must have loved it originally right? No, the complaints were "OMG what a P2W feature" and "encouraging children to gamble is illegal and we're going to sue you". It was quite widely disliked by the vocal majority, and yet here we are receiving all the "bring back our beloved old wheel" shouts.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I also think at 30 tickets a spin it's pointless, but meh, I just ignore it now (except when I remember to do the three spins at the beginning) and that's fine, the game is just "sans-wheel" for me as opposed to saving and throwing 2k odd tickets at it each time I liked the tier 6 reward. Saying it's about greed and gouging makes no sense to me though - I don't know anyone who has bought a lot of tickets for the wheel since the update (and I knew quite a few who spent relatively big money on it before hand), and I don't feel gouged or robbed as I don't do anything with the thing.

The false entitlement is insane. You were basically given lots of rubies and VIP time (both of which are effectively paid content) for pretty much free, for a very long time. Now it's not viable, you're back to earning them the hard way (and fortress / towers for rubies + events for VIP time are still paid content for zero financial investment), and you're complaining that your freebies aren't bountiful enough?

C'mon, give me a break, this isn't the criticism of a mechanic that's broken, it's criticism of a mechanic that's too expensive in a freemium game where it's pretty common to have paywalls protecting the high end stuff. There's literally nothing useful I can take back to the development team if the only thing that's really being suggested is "make it 3 tickets again", because it's a very clear business decision to have changed it to 30 in the first place. It would be far more useful to have a viable reward set suggested that comes closer to being worth the 30 tickets a spin - that's a push you may have chance of getting somewhere with.
    fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

• The wheel of fortune game is a scam.  It teases you that you will have a chance to win Phoenix tools in the jackpot portion of the game, but these tools rarely show up in the jackpot, even at level six.  I placed 2nd in the game and didn't even come close to getting a set of the Phoenix tools, mainly because they didn't show up in the jackpot despite the game saying it will be a prize potential in the jackpot.  LIES!!!  SHAME ON YOU GGE!!!
  • Dudester (INT1)Dudester (INT1) INT1 Posts: 127
    Well its a jackpot... not gonna appear every time is it
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    Right now I am sitting on 1 Artifact, 1 Helm, 3 Weapons, and 1 Gem from the set.

Yeah, don't expect to get it all in one setting.  As I recall, some of the pieces are only available when playing in ProMode as well.  Don't KNOW that as fact, but read it here on the Forum as I recall...……...
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file