Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Return of the Wishing Well

Prime Offers for Wishing Well Coins, as opposed to, just buying r00bies?

Great thing to do while your game barely even works.
neuterable, shameless slaughterer of peasants, collector of princesses and fan of homestuck

α ЯTFM ¿¿¿Want Free $tuff??? Then Go Write Santa a Letter ЯTFM Ω

Comments

• http://prntscr.com/jwj1eb

must try harder...

l6 lucky pennies in exchange for buying 32000 rubies?

1. you can't buy 32000 rubies so it is effectively less than a 100% bonus, free ruby doubler offers a better return
    2. with a 100% (or other) bonus the rubies are instant and count for tiered offers etc, lucky pennies do not
    3. 16 lucky pannies will give ruby returns in slow time, spread over weeks, possibly months
    GamerGac5754 @ en 1
  • SteelSlayer (US1)SteelSlayer (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    Buy 32,000 rubies get 32,000 more rubies over the course of 14 - 48 days
  • Kiwikiler95 (AU1)Kiwikiler95 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 419
    I dont see the point or the value of these as you say buy when you got a ruby doubler or a 100% offer and its just as valuable plus you will have another offer that gives you better stuff than 16 lucky pennies
  • fujiwara (GB1)fujiwara (GB1) GB1 Posts: 647
    It's basically an extra 32k rubies on top of whatever other offer is going on that you're really buying it for. It's exactly 32k rubies better than it not being there as an offer :tongue:
    fujiwara @ en 1

Author of the Empire alliance management studio web app - contact me if you want to try it out

invpng
  • It's basically an extra 32k rubies on top of whatever other offer is going on that you're really buying it for. It's exactly 32k rubies better than it not being there as an offer :tongue:
    What? you are missing the point
  • VenomЖ (US1)VenomЖ (US1) US1 Posts: 110
    It's basically an extra 32k rubies on top of whatever other offer is going on that you're really buying it for. It's exactly 32k rubies better than it not being there as an offer :tongue:

He does have a point tbh, I bought and it came up roughly 10 minutes later with all the other offers still up. So I missed out on an extra 32K rubies (kinda I didn't buy enough rubies for it, but I would have if I knew that was coming along).
  • OxO (AU1)OxO (AU1) AU1 Posts: 962
    it's a stupid time to reintroduce it. Hey, the games had so many bugs this last week. Lets re-introduce something we considered "unbalanced the economy".

• sjc (IN1)sjc (IN1) IN1 Posts: 160
    OxO (AU1) said:
    it's a stupid time to reintroduce it. Hey, the games had so many bugs this last week. Lets re-introduce something we considered "unbalanced the economy".
    haha, around the time this statement is released, I have temporarily left the game.

and still the game is more or less in the same state.
    sjc @ in 1
  • i dont get the point of it though

• i dont get the point of it though

To keep the wishing well from never being used again? Plus, some of us have spent rubies to level it up as well before GGS removed it and some of do not have any lucky pennies left either. The simple fact is even though you can get lucky pennies again you can only get them from spending money which are available from no other source and while 32k rubies may seem like a small amount you can only get them for a limited period of time as well. What about the people who wanted the lucky pennies to be returned back and those complaining that they could not demolish the wishing well? I have seen people asking about the lucky pennies before and wanting them back and have also seen people wishing their wishing well could be demolished. Now one could argue that the pennies are not worth it because of the 100% bonuses being more important and instant instead of taking time to get, but that does not mean that nobody is willing to spend money to buy the lucky pennies.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • I think that they will be back in the next event just will be alot harder to get and maybe take longer
    I like this one.  ;)

King clone
  • sir-haba (SKN1)sir-haba (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 316
    I believe that if you have ruby doubler, and buy 50k rubies, you get 100k rubies AND 16lucky pennies, so that is almost 3xrubies than normally.

• sir-haba (SKN1)sir-haba (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 316

• neuterable (US1)neuterable (US1) US1 Posts: 757
    The Coins are already programmed to show up on prime Day, so if you are lucky, they will show up with, rather than in place of Double Bonuses, in which case they probably still won't be better than whatever other offer they replace. All things considered this is a bad deal. Coins were a nice mid level reward for events and a nice, though e%pensive thing to buy through the Merc Station. As a thing you buy with rubies, they are a bad deal. GGS made the mistake of thinking that rubies acquired through coins, were replacing rubies sold. This is a common mistake made by a company that begins to feel entitled. Other industries make this mistake as well. A sale not made is not a lost sale. You can't lose something you don't have and haven't earned. This is like advertisers who attempt to circumvent ad blockers, not realizing that the people blocking their ads aren't going to buy their products anyway The downturn in sales wasn't caused by coins, it was cause by general negative opinions regarding the developers. The really bad e%cuse about "unbalanced the economy" only made this worse.
    neuterable, shameless slaughterer of peasants, collector of princesses and fan of homestuck

• The Coins are already programmed to show up on prime Day, so if you are lucky, they will show up with, rather than in place of Double Bonuses, in which case they probably still won't be better than whatever other offer they replace. All things considered this is a bad deal. Coins were a nice mid level reward for events and a nice, though e%pensive thing to buy through the Merc Station. As a thing you buy with rubies, they are a bad deal. GGS made the mistake of thinking that rubies acquired through coins, were replacing rubies sold. This is a common mistake made by a company that begins to feel entitled. Other industries make this mistake as well. A sale not made is not a lost sale. You can't lose something you don't have and haven't earned. This is like advertisers who attempt to circumvent ad blockers, not realizing that the people blocking their ads aren't going to buy their products anyway The downturn in sales wasn't caused by coins, it was cause by general negative opinions regarding the developers. The really bad e%cuse about "unbalanced the economy" only made this worse.
    You do have consider though how many times per month you are going to spend money and how much money you are willing to spend per month as well. If you spend $50 or more on one purchase then yes you may not get the ruby double, but if you spend only $20 or $30 that is pretty much close to the the ruby double bonus for 16 lucky pennies even without the 100% bonus for instant rubies.
    David Noble @ usa 1
    You do have consider though how many times per month you are going to spend money and how much money you are willing to spend per month as well. If you spend $50 or more on one purchase then yes you may not get the ruby double, but if you spend only $20 or $30 that is pretty much close to the the ruby double bonus for 16 lucky pennies even without the 100% bonus for instant rubies.
    Can you rephrase this?

• David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 21.06.2018
    Can you rephrase this?
    What do you not understand? The $20 or $30 amount even when doubled is similar to what you would get from lucky pennies. Without the ruby double you get 68,000 rubies total from a value of $30 or in other words only 4,000 rubies less than a ruby double. (For a value of $30 it is only 36k rubies total before you add in any ruby double or lucky pennies.) As for $20 I can not get that offer anymore which could be in part because I have spent so much money on this game that I can not get that offer anymore, but in general my best guess is that you would get at least a ruby double or better for a value of $20 especially when you consider the fact there is only a 4k difference in rubies with lucky pennies and a ruby double for a value of $30.
    David Noble @ usa 1
    David Noble (US1) said:
    Can you rephrase this?
    What do you not understand? The $20 or $30 amount even when doubled is similar to what you would get from lucky pennies. Without the ruby double you get 68,000 rubies total from a value of $30 or in other words only 4,000 rubies less than a ruby double. (For a value of $30 it is only 36k rubies total before you add in any ruby double or lucky pennies.) As for $20 I can not get that offer anymore which could be in part because I have spent so much money on this game that I can not get that offer anymore, but in general my best guess is that you would get at least a ruby double or better for a value of $20 especially when you consider the fact there is only a 4k difference in rubies with lucky pennies and a ruby double for a value of $30.
    I believe I understand what you are saying now, but they are still replacing a Prime Bonus, with a Prime Bonus.

Stacking this with the quest based double bonus would be critical to making it useful at all, as they e%plicitly forbid stacking the quest double with the prime double.

If you are already buying rubies and you are timing these purchases to stack, then this will get you a few more rubies over the duration, at the e%pense of whatever bonus would have been there without it.

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    i agree neutrable,  this is just another nail in the coffin for a company that has lost touch with reality.

A company that genuinly believes its entitled to your money.  A company that if it operated in any other area, in any other industry, would have been in court so many times it would already be bankrupt. it is very very fortunate it operates in an industry where there is no consumer protection,  however even the most addicted players sooner or later vote with their wallet, by putting it in their pocket.  and then eventually with their feet by walking totally from the game.

The reality is everyone has a limit of how many times they can get shafted.  and gge keep pushing.

the reality is the only real new players to this game are old players starting new accounts, either because their old account have been banned for cheating or they want to play in a cheaper currency. 

There are so many bots, the amount of multis is now completly out of control, the game is so laggy, so buggy and so full of glitches, its barely playable.  and GGE's answer is to completly ignore all of this, and plough on with shafting those ever diminishing number of legit players left.

GO FIGURE!  if thats not a company that not only lost touch with reality but has long lost any sembalance of morality i dont know what is.  

No matter what industry you are in if you dont look after your customers you are going to lose out, and I have never met a company that treats is customers with as much contempt as GGS does, whilst at the same time completly neglecting its responsibilities a game developer / operator.
    Philt123 @ en 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file