Home Technical Assistance

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Technical Issues 17/6

Comments

• @TwistedMind (GB1) 
    I literally just wasted 15 minutes of my life staring at your GIF. I need more sleep :tired_face: 

• @TwistedMind (GB1) 
    I literally just wasted 15 minutes of my life staring at your GIF. I need more sleep :tired_face: 

I know..
    It just has a hypnotize effect..
    __ shh, tell no one! i just pretend to control the world with it..

Frankie Goes To Hollywood - The World Is My Oyster

Aaaah... Aaah.. Aaahh..

httpsikinja-imgcomgawker-mediaimageuploads--XyQ7zT-V--c_fitfl_progressiveq_80w_636d840ldmbc8smsqrrdxyvgif
                          @MarchOfTheDamn
  • LeWatcher (US1)LeWatcher (US1) US1 Posts: 6
    edited 09.06.2018
    And now I can't look away!!!!
    Post edited by LeWatcher (US1) on
  • I need likes on my comments, I literally have more "Spam" than "Likes" and "LOLs" :disappointed:

LOL telling people that will just make you have more spam posts!
    Lady Twilight @ usa 1
  • How the peep do i have to play al events whit this LAG??????????

And no its not the problem whit flas player grrrrr.

I have to del. sols. to get to de day and night :( So slow is the game after the update ????????????

• lol i have an old P/C here and running on windows vista with auto updates switched off - i use firefox as a browser , and have adobe flash 17 the lag is worse but manageable - just something i have to deal with as Cash is always an issue - all i have to do is run my independant cache cleaner every 2/3 hrs - PS am medically retired so here is how i pass my time !
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • Why dont you, set all food stop, ????? And fix the problem. ?????????

Its a joke playing like this :(

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,038

Why dont you, set all food stop, ????? And fix the problem. ?????????

Its a joke playing like this :(

downgrade flash amd it works again and they cannot fix it as for once it is not their fault but flash's

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • i have done all that :(

but i'm done for now, del some of my sols and see it some next time.

I dont think its my problem at all :) I'm only a player :P

• I had to reload the game 20 times to play my booster in berimond, I wasted over 45 minutes of my booster doing so..
    Please FIX THE LAG -_-

The Devil

i have done all that :(

but i'm done for now, del some of my sols and see it some next time.

I dont think its my problem at all :) I'm only a player :P

did you try uninstall9ing the most recent windows update, that makes edge run smoother

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • Steel 69 (US1)Steel 69 (US1) US1 Posts: 53
    GGE   FIX THE GOOD DAM LAG .. THIS IS BS   USA1
    Steel 69 @ usa 1
    NOT THEIR FAULT FOR ONCE.
    heard that is runs good on maxthon browser though

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) AU1 Posts: 575
    see above..it IS their fault in that they can fix the problem caused by update
    Shares @ au 1
    see above..it IS their fault in that they can fix the problem caused by update
    the problem is caused by the newest flash update.
    you can try playing on Maxthon is uses an older version of flash and there the game runs smooth

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,713
    edited 10.06.2018
    It seems like some browsers has flash built in, which means if you are running the latest version of your browser, it is likely that you are also stuck with the latest version of flash. I found this to be the case with chrome which is the browser which i am using. 

For those who are still having issues and using chrome browser.. Try this.. 

1. Uninstall flash player completely, go and download flash player version 26.0.0.137, install this version.. 
    https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

2. Uninstall chrome and wipe all the data completely and then download and install an older version of chrome, i am running version 67.0.3396.79 which is one year old. Google that chrome version and you will find it, not 100% sure if i am allowed to link it here.. 

After you've done all this, everything should work flawless again. At least it did so for me. 

Just keep in mind that step 2 will delete and wipe all your saved data in chrome, make sure you backup your important data so that you can restore it later. 

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• kampo (US1)kampo (US1) US1 Posts: 283
    Its a bunch of BS , switching Flash doesn't work , everything is fine when I do things from inside my castles , as soon as I hit the world map , LAG!! This is really not fun , infact it frustrates me and takes away my gaming enjoyment !
  • Nambala (AU1)Nambala (AU1) AU1 Posts: 171
    So who's going to pay for me to study IT so that I can work out how to play an on line game?

The game works with flash (or doesn't), and worked with the latest version of flash till the latest "update".  But now it doesn't.  So now I need to spend a couple hours figuring out how to delete things and update things and downdate things and make sure I don't lose things in doing so ... or just quit a game that doesn't work.  That's really the choices they are giving us?  And meanwhile we are told by GGS that they are not prioritising fixing problems in the game, they are focussed almost exclusively on introducing new content, most of which is buggy and probably contributes to the lag.

Yep, more and more content making the game more and more unplayable - seems a sound concept to me.
    Nambala @ au 1
  • TwistedMind (GB1)TwistedMind (GB1) Posts: 309
    edited 10.06.2018
    Yes, you are right!

It is not their fault!

httpwwwreactiongifscomroplzgif

It is players fault:  //LOL//

- for putting offers one after the other that collide with game play basis code and hurt its environment in all servers.. beside the bugs and errors that can also create,..

- for putting events one after another and do not make any kind of maintenance to them, and even to the game..

This all thing got much more worst since that sh#tty sword stuff..
    After all, it become like the "Fury`s Blade" of our sins for having to handle with non professional and irresponsible managers that only care about game marketing and sells leaving all the rest behind and taking it to the limit!
    Never seen so much hypocrisy..
    What they are doing it is just pushing it to the limit!.. To take as much as they can!

All they worry is make more cash at all costs even if it includes letting maintenance of game behind.. This just has no excuse at all..
    They just keep on using old flash tables..

Or they change to html5.. or they update the flash stuff they are using.. it is very simple!..

But no they just care about money.. do not know if original coders are still there, and this one`s just keep watching the show.. afraid to make it worst then it is..

They are not even IT experts..
    What kind of idiot says to downgrade versions of plugins and browsers..

It might be a security risk!
    Your PC can be at risk cause newer versions are also created to make sure that you are more safe... in web browsers and plugins like flash..

And i do not see flash collide with any other website..
    Only this poor game that has zero maintenance correcting its errors and bugs.. and do not adapt to html5 or something else.. they just kinda are stuck in time..

For me the best solution still is an independent flash projector that only run the game...

This 26 version:
    https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/26/flashplayer_26_sa.exe

*flash projectors from 27 to 30 versions.. are not good to play game and it stuck sooner or later.. and this is just a proof of how much lost in time they are

And this idea was already also advised by them at some point this thread here September 2017 as a game tip:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/340863/tech-tip-seperate-flash-player

But they have chicken memory, and now came with poor downgrade idea...

Ps.
    To clean do not do that, and instead close the flash projector and use global cleaner like CCleaner or other!
    It is far way more efficient!

Post edited by TwistedMind (GB1) on

httpsikinja-imgcomgawker-mediaimageuploads--XyQ7zT-V--c_fitfl_progressiveq_80w_636d840ldmbc8smsqrrdxyvgif
                          @MarchOfTheDamn
  • Chainsaw (GB1)Chainsaw (GB1) GB1 Posts: 4
    So, if I have got this right.

The game works well on flash 26, which was released a year ago.

There are lots of problems now, which GGE blame on the current version of flash.
    So GGE haven't updated the base game correctly in over a year and it is beginning to badly effect game play.

It seems they need to concentrate on tweaking the base game, so it runs smoothly. Rather than telling folk to load out of date software. Are they going to say we all need to load XP instead next?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file