Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Favourite Moments

2»

Comments

• Cassander (GB1)Cassander (GB1) GB1 Posts: 74
    edited 23.05.2018
    Well yeah , but i was here when you added that line , you wouldn't actually write it all of sudden ;)

Fortnite is shit , punish the kids who told ya i play it ... such a liars . your birds aren't that experts .

I think we had enough :)

but you really smart guy ;)

next time i will take note of your sneaky actions :)
    Dont spam pls.

Oh forgot ,

"My apology"

• Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,104
    Our alliance isn't entirely in agreement on the proposed fairplay rules.  Kaj our Syndicate representative organised a thread in our alliance where we could debate the rules and it's been lively with an open exchange of views.  In general terms we agree with the terms of engagement and we trust Fuji so we have to my knowledge agreed to be bound by them - myself included - and are following the rules.  And to be fair to my knowledge to date we have experienced no attacks or instances of any alliances acting outside the rules so far so in that regard clearly as terms of engagement they are working.  

As the guidance stands I would see it as terms of engagement which alliances have mutually agreed to be bound by but without the clear statements of intent I think it is misleading to describe them as fairplay rules at this stage.  The test is not whether the strong can enforce them on the weak but whether the weak can enforce them on the strong.  

I believe that they remain fundamentally flawed unless they start with a clear commitment from all signatories to play within the terms and conditions, a commitment to honour one player one account and a commitment to act collectively to try and enforce the rules in the event of a breach even if that requires action against a stronger alliance.  I appreciate exactly how difficult it is to enforce those commitments but I believe it's better to aspire to and work towards a clear commitment than ignore it because it's difficult to achieve.  A lot of Syndicate players are more pragmatic which is fortunate.  The terms and conditions are there to protect all players and all alliances and the commitment to one player one account is simply a player led initiative to reinforce why those rules are important.  

From what I saw in the recent En1 war players were removed from the conflict repeatedly and at key times because of breaches of the terms and conditions and not the fairplay rules.  These breaches led to some pretty significant momentum swings and the players concerned let themselves down, their alliances down and their allies down at key moments.  Internal alliance discipline varies but I would imagine it wasn't much fun for them and I personally think failing players of the calibre involved isn't a pathway to future success, what do people remember 10 successful hits or 1 suspension at the worst possible moment.  In clutch situations you need to trust the people you play with aren't going to let you down. 

Having seen the personal benefit though I may need to review my position as other players multi-accounting and password sharing doesn't prevent me from being successful it actually increases the chances of my success.   I should probably be all for it...but clearly I'm not their is no joy in winning by default because some else does something stupid.  For all the bots, farms, account exchanges, passwords flying around like confetti and account jumping honest players can still be successful, so in real terms the sad thing is the only people who suffer really as those involved.  I can see the temptation but it really isn't worth it.  As long as you want to give me a massive advantage I and other OPOA players will be happy to take it.  And I am not reference specific players or alliances hear just talking in general terms to anyone making those types of strategic mistakes.  What the war showed is alliances with less active, inconsistent or dodgy accounts over the long haul will struggle against active and talented players.  

The terms of engagement are a great starting point and the application is encouraging so those who've worked hard to bring them in deserve credit there is just a extra step I'd personally like to see taken both to protect players and to support our development as a server and as a great place to play a game that at times is a lot of fun. 

In terms of gang up my views also differ in terms of 1 v 1 wars.  I think the terms of engagement need to go further in defining a 1 v 1 war.  If that means a pre-agreed war where both parties reach an understanding through their diplomats that they will fight at some point in the future with both given warning and time to prepare to establish who is stronger then yes that is how we used to more or less do it.  We had some perameters in terms of length conditions to achieve a win pre-agreed and they worked.  If you mean a war where one alliance attacks another without warning, without specifying their war aims and attempts to completely strip a weaker alliances of assets, resources refusing to stop despite a clear imbalance then no I wouldn't view that as 1 v 1 war I would view that as a war of destruction where the purpose is destroy an alliance.  In that instance I see the defending alliance as having no option than calling on their pacted partners and allies to survive, that situation is why pacts and alliance agreements were built into the game and it's reflective of the alliance system in the real world.  Asking small alliances who by definition are weaker to give up pacts they have worked hard to gain to protect themselves is tough.  I would make the point that when Odins asked for the war to stop it stopped and from my perspective, that CG, Wraith, RevX supported Odins.  I think the clarity around players not jumping in and out make sense.  It was fun a lot of players acquitted themselves well I learnt a huge amount and whilst I thought it was sad some players left as a result - and I'd wish them well.  I gained a greater respect and appreciation for a number of players as a result and the terms of engagement give us a place to starting place to iron out the issues which impact on us all as players, alliances and server going forward. 

And just to be 100% clear at this stage, I have taken hits from CG but those hits from my view have been fair and within the terms of engagement agreed I have no issues with that.  M Santos has honoured the commitment he made during the war in my experience, I cannot speak to other players experience, I'd also say I have taken no hits whilst competing and I certainly have appreciate that fairness.  Good or bad is relative to your position but I certainly have benefited from a more stable environment in which to compete so despite my reservations I'd say whilst there are still issues we are heading in the right direction and I certainly feel more comfortable and confident looking forward than I did during the worst of the bot and alliance farm excesses.  I try to see CG, Odins and other players as good opponents now rather than bad players until provided evidence to the contrary.  We all have a clean slate lets make the most of it.    

Batten @ en 1
    edited 23.05.2018

In terms of gang up my views also differ in terms of 1 v 1 wars.  I think the terms of engagement need to go further in defining a 1 v 1 war.  If that means a pre-agreed war where both parties reach an understanding through their diplomats that they will fight at some point in the future with both given warning and time to prepare to establish who is stronger then yes that is how we used to more or less do it.  We had some perameters in terms of length conditions to achieve a win pre-agreed and they worked.  If you mean a war where one alliance attacks another without warning, without specifying their war aims and attempts to completely strip a weaker alliances of assets, resources refusing to stop despite a clear imbalance then no I wouldn't view that as 1 v 1 war I would view that as a war of destruction where the purpose is destroy an alliance.  In that instance I see the defending alliance as having no option than calling on their pacted partners and allies to survive, that situation is why pacts and alliance agreements were built into the game and it's reflective of the alliance system in the real world.  Asking small alliances who by definition are weaker to give up pacts they have worked hard to gain to protect themselves is tough.  I would make the point that when Odins asked for the war to stop it stopped and from my perspective, that CG, Wraith, RevX supported Odins.  I think the clarity around players not jumping in and out make sense.  It was fun a lot of players acquitted themselves well I learnt a huge amount and whilst I thought it was sad some players left as a result - and I'd wish them well.  I gained a greater respect and appreciation for a number of players as a result and the terms of engagement give us a place to starting place to iron out the issues which impact on us all as players, alliances and server going forward. 

And just to be 100% clear at this stage, I have taken hits from CG but those hits from my view have been fair and within the terms of engagement agreed I have no issues with that.  M Santos has honoured the commitment he made during the war in my experience, I cannot speak to other players experience, I'd also say I have taken no hits whilst competing and I certainly have appreciate that fairness.  Good or bad is relative to your position but I certainly have benefited from a more stable environment in which to compete so despite my reservations I'd say whilst there are still issues we are heading in the right direction and I certainly feel more comfortable and confident looking forward than I did during the worst of the bot and alliance farm excesses.  I try to see CG, Odins and other players as good opponents now rather than bad players until provided evidence to the contrary.  We all have a clean slate lets make the most of it.    

In terms of Fair Play rules , i would like to express my opinion cause alliances supposed to vote for any new additional rules .. SE is a democratic alliance so our vote by our own members ( Unlike some other alliances tho ) and sometimes there are disagreements but the rule that benefit our small players the most we go with it . Such a small alliances even like Syndicate we don't have right to put our rules tho , are we ? of course the major force like Prae , CG , Odin's and TRT can do wtf they like tho . well , somehow CG/Odins treating who participated in the server war against them in very aggressive actions that an alliance like us can't take the most of their daily hits on us every day but we try and show our best . 

Odin's recently are going wild , Santos if you are on the opposite side you would have complained so please don't keep backing up their asses . you don't suffer like us , you sitting in a summer home enjoying the beach with a bunch of big spenders and oldies . The current rules are unbalanced for most of the server but the top forces don't give a shit about other alliances but themselves only and only them . Being in top8 in MPs ranking is dangerous cause of the Mighty Odin's rules so we have to kick players to drop out of them , on the other hand we need players to push with us into top20 alliances in events so what should we do to satisfy their damn desire ? tell me !! . is that fair to you that one of our members get hit repeatedly like 3 times in row at the same time at one place so that OP/Castle get burnt so Odin's have to look away !!? .

Alliances like CG/Odin's will keep hitting you Batten till you join them , till they make you lose your desire in competing with a small alliances that can't help you in defense ! .. your 1mil score in sam's is just an amazing score mate well done ( i know you don't use bots so thats really impressive work unlike others not to mention :p ) , i wouldn't recommend it showing it to CG cause won't stop till they get that prize ( you ) . that's how it works on our server .
    Odin's looking for their interest but don't care about players that doesn't want such wild rules .. we adapted to their 5 hits a day for being in top8 in rankings , but that's too much really now . Rev X and Wraith will provide their humble services for a protection . if they abandoned you , you will treat them like us of course . I prefer PvP but not that way . i am sure Rev X and Wraith themselves would oppose these rules if they are on the opposite side but now their mouth is shut so you don't rage on them .

Santos only posted here cause he is interested in Batten's work that will benefit CG more . ( i think you really need to change your Forum account description ) lol . :)
    Post edited by Cassander (GB1) on
  • msantos29 (GB1)msantos29 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 81
    edited 23.05.2018
    now thats crying.

I have never asked Batten to join CG nor will i ever do it - so thats just how wrong you are.

Plus, a sensible person would probably know that if you want to recruit someone you probably wont come to their posts writing some of the stuff i did.

On top of all that, i cant see how Steel Elite can have trouble with incomings, being one of the worst cases of password sharing in our server.

edited 23.05.2018

On top of all that, i cant see how Steel Elite can have trouble with incomings, being one of the worst cases of password sharing in our server.

Impressing words from the father of mulits and password sharing lmao and bot users  ... your alliance reputation is already known across the server . :p

I wasn't crying , i explained you a point that you have been talking about it like it the most fairest alliance ( Odins ) on the server , if I were you I would stop licking their a**** cause it has been pretty obvious .

Your character is the shittest i met really even tho you one of the best players on the server . people talking to you in respect and you reply like you want to start a war lol . very bad person , aren't you ? :D i hate arguing with CG baddies so i am stopping at here .

Come at me baby .

Btw , you can complain to GGS about our "Password sharing" ( Like you say ) and see how many bans can we get .. if we got higher than the ones your alliance members got in the server war i will give you a kiss and a flower honey :)
    Very simple .
    edited 23.05.2018
    i dont mean to start any war. I wasn't impolite in any way. i was just stating facts. You're clearly overreacting.

You know that what you are writing about CG is only speculation and completetly unfounded.
    I will call your bluff any day of the week.

In fact, I'd like to see some proof of your accusations.
    Otherwise you're just another kid that comes to the forums talking crap.

However, you know very well what goes on in your alliance...  (attention, im not condoning of judging anything...)

So....   am i bluffing about what i said about your team?
    If you are an angel and CG are the devil, why dont you call my bluff?   

Who knows, maybe a favorite moment will be born from this.

I would like you as well to prove ur accusations to SE and you too know what's going on in your team but you don't want to believe it .. if i am kid throwing rubbish by accusing ur alliance you also being a kid throwing rubbish to my alliance , didn't you ?

you try defending your alliance  ,  i do too .. but we both won't stop throwing rubbish then ? so we better close the case and arguments gives no benefits at the end .

Everyone on the server knows the facts and mostly denying just to survive . don't treat me like a fool don't know anything about CG , I have been playing on the server for 3 years and know their shitz ( Note that you were in Prae about 2 years ago if i remember well but not the main topic ) .. so more talks about them will gain me no benefit .

I don't have to clarify the bans of your alliance members in server war as the ones who was in knows very well i don't have to prove that tho . you don't stating facts you stating BS .

I look at my alliance and respect them and look at yours and their actions clearly gains no respect from any "but the baddies who backing CG ass" , you look at SE and treat it like rubbish left behind top1 spot that you don't care about . Cheers we don't give a fuck about your look at us ( in anyway ) .

I think we have gone further on this thread so feel like to post your whole crap that left to say .
    Few months ? years ? that will show the truth ? maybe . we just gotta be patient :)

Note : i have screened your previous posts and understand them very well so you don't need to edit your "grammar" or wtf you was editing :p
    I don't have to clarify the bans of your alliance members in server war as the ones who was in knows very well i don't have to prove that tho . 

This is very funny and it has come up many times and in the most various of circumstances, but in truth, you have absolutely no evidence of what you are saying.

Its like if you are not online for 1 day, then you were banned, as if there are not a million explanations for it.

I know very well what happenned but due to the fact that it involves with other players real life situations, i cannot go into details - and i dont have to. Its you that have to prove your accusations...  I can tell you though that one of the situations was due to a celebration and another involved something terrible.

But again - unfounded speculations from you. seems like its all you have to offer.

So far, your participation in this post seems to have been an unfortunate accident... 

I would like you as well to prove ur accusations to SE 

Ok, here goes.

Act 1 - The active recruit
    A while ago i received a message from a SE player wanting to join CG. This happens every once in a while (me getting this kind of PMs), but this case was different than any before. Also, it was really late, like 2.30AM or something like that - i cannot remember it anymore.
    We started talking and among the usual questions i asked him why he wanted to leave SE. 
    He said he wasnt confortable with some situations going on - mentioned some folks weren't too friendly in chat..  He said Eric8 had a go at him for some suggestion he made - whatever..
    But then i asked this guy what was he unconfortable with.

Act 2 - The honorable attacker
    Coincidently or not - in this case, not! - some minutes before a player from CG was trying to get rid of some troops, so he send a blind hit.
    This happens often - players buy offers, play events but end up wanting to go to bed but with a bigger food burn than they can sustain. the solution? send a PvP hit to lose troops. simple. but to many its more of a case of "here come the CG bullys".
    Anyway, he sent a blind hit because his spies were spying a FL castle or something.. however, at some point the spies were available so he spied the target he had launched at..

Guess what he found? a castle loaded with attackers and with a fire cast. This wasn't what he wanted. So he messaged some players in SE and asked if he could withdraw his hit. He didnt get any reply so he decided to pull his hit anyway.

Act 3 - The Revelation
    The guy never said what he was unconfortable with.

His reply contained only a couple of links.

this is what the first link contained  (the red arrows are mine - i added them now):

So, people started supporting apparently, then a player spied the castle and saw a fire cast (1st red arrow)

At 1:06, the player being hit shows online!!!!  (2nd arrow)

However, the person in the account isnt "Jan"... it is Mikey (3rd arrow)

And as i mentioned, our player pulled his hit (4th arrow)

this is what the second link contained:

- At this point your player had seen the pm from our guy, saying he was going to pull the hit (1st arrow)

- Another one of your players tells the guy that he can log in his account after he leaves and read the pm's exchanged (2nd arrow)

- the third arrow is a killer.....  "any of you can go in" - its like a party over there isnt it?

Btw , you can complain to GGS about our "Password sharing" ( Like you say ) and see how many bans can we get 
    Very simple .

Dont worry... like i said before, im no kid... im not going to tell on you, like 6 year olds do... i couldnt care less.

I hope this answers your question. you asked for it so there you go. you got served.

That participation of yours i mention at the start of my post - the unfortunate accident - well... it has just turned into a disaster.

I dont talk shite. When i say something i can back it up. Always.

So go ahead and do the same - if you can. Because at the moment you are nothing but a shite talker.

PS: please, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee dont come to me with any spy crap...... we dont spy anyone and i even provided you with the entire online list.......

edited 24.05.2018
    'I have never asked Batten to join CG nor will i ever do it - so thats just how wrong you are'.  This is true. 

But other CG players have sought to recruit me in the past and more recently. Canucks was the funniest and John made the most considered and compelling case, I was / am impressed by him.  I doubt I am towards the top of most recruitment lists and it was probably a slow day;)   I have always politely declined as I'm sure other players in alliances older than CG have done because of the time, good memories, aspirations and  frankly money I've invested in the Syndicate.  Saying no is never meant to be disrespectful and it is always a positive to be asked but for players of rank or in a leadership role their is a responsibility to your alliance and the sense sometimes of taking a step back or of losing an element of control.  

After the Server League War with two thirds of our alliances strongest line up having left or quit the game and everybody else burning Karsten presented those of us who were left with a vision of how as an alliance the Syndicate would move forward.  That vision has allowed me to be successful and provided me with a framework and motivation that has kept me playing for six years plus.  I appreciate many of you won't have been fortunate to know him or of played with him but he epitomises for me the characteristics of an alliance leader.  He is one of the best people I know.  He has led by example and he has delivered for me consistently.  It isn't easy to stick to the principles he laid out and at times it's been hard rebuilding after we yet again lose our best players to top alliances but we are still there, still fighting, still challenging ourselves and still having fun.  BSK showed how cruel this game can be if you overreach and anything after that was always going to be an improvement.  I am not consistent enough for the top guys playing with TRT taught me that I can be brilliant in bursts but to stik at the very top you need to be consistently excellent that escapes me as yet.  I enjoy supporting others players to develop and because we have to work so much harder individually and collectively for me sticking with my alliance makes the small victories against impossible odds that much sweeter.  The players who achieve those victories week in and out work no less hard though and also deserve credit for what they achieve.  

I have been lucky I had good experiences with Empire Warriors, the Syndicate, Dragon Legion, Immortal Legion, Tenth Legion and TRT.   Gondor were also fun to visit so I have had a sheltered upbringing compared to some players.  I've always been a war marshall or a deputy and I do have some pretty demanding riders in my contract, people scattering rose petals on my keyboard, a gold mouse, that type of thing.  I'm a fan of the Dream Team on the US Server so that would be the one I'd target if I ever fancy a holiday frankly the only way I'd make their cut would be as a tea boy or mascot we don't get enough news about them these days sadly.  I just always there felt there to be a quiet extravagance to the excellence of their alliance eliminations and player executions.    

Batten @ en 1
  • 'I have never asked Batten to join CG nor will i ever do it - so thats just how wrong you are'.  This is true. 

But other CG players have sought to recruit me in the past and more recently. Canucks was the funniest and John made the most considered and compelling case, I was / am impressed by him.  I doubt I am towards the top of most recruitment lists and it was probably a slow day;)   I have always politely declined as I'm sure other players in alliances older than CG have done because of the time, good memories, aspirations and  frankly money I've invested in the Syndicate.  Saying no is never meant to be disrespectful and it is always a positive to be asked but for players of rank or in a leadership role their is a responsibility to your alliance and the sense sometimes of taking a step back or of losing an element of control.  

After the Server League War with two thirds of our alliances strongest line up having left or quit the game and everybody else burning Karsten presented those of us who were left with a vision of how as an alliance the Syndicate would move forward.  That vision has allowed me to be successful and provided me with a framework and motivation that has kept me playing for six years plus.  I appreciate many of you won't have been fortunate to know him or of played with him but he epitomises for me the characteristics of an alliance leader.  He is one of the best people I know.  He has led by example and he has delivered for me consistently.  It isn't easy to stick to the principles he laid out and at times it's been hard rebuilding after we yet again lose our best players to top alliances but we are still there, still fighting, still challenging ourselves and still having fun.  BSK showed how cruel this game can be if you overreach and anything after that was always going to be an improvement.  I am not consistent enough for the top guys playing with TRT taught me that I can be brilliant in bursts but to stik at the very top you need to be consistently excellent that escapes me as yet.  I enjoy supporting others players to develop and because we have to work so much harder individually and collectively for me sticking with my alliance makes the small victories against impossible odds that much sweeter.  The players who achieve those victories week in and out work no less hard though and also deserve credit for what they achieve.  

I have been lucky I had good experiences with Empire Warriors, the Syndicate, Dragon Legion, Immortal Legion, Tenth Legion and TRT.   Gondor were also fun to visit so I have had a sheltered upbringing compared to some players.  I've always been a war marshall or a deputy and I do have some pretty demanding riders in my contract, people scattering rose petals on my keyboard, a gold mouse, that type of thing.  I'm a fan of the Dream Team on the US Server so that would be the one I'd target if I ever fancy a holiday frankly the only way I'd make their cut would be as a tea boy or mascot we don't get enough news about them these days sadly.  I just always there felt there to be a quiet extravagance to the excellence of their alliance eliminations and player executions.    

Batten you do write so well, I wouldn’t put the time aside to make such marvellous speeches for such insignificant threads and, often, people. It’s always a pleasure to read.
    WAR PLAYER
    My going rate is currently sixty pounds an hour which remarkably people pay so perhaps I shouldn't be offering my services free of charge Jhon :wink:
    Batten @ en 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file