Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Resource Production

2»

Comments

• hge (US1)hge (US1) Posts: 986
    @BM_Friedrich  Kill it please.
    @Cordial Warrior (US1)   Please refrain from resurrecting long dead threads. Thanks.
    HGE
    I am a non-ruby buying Level 70, Legend 100-something-but-I-am-to-lazy-to-update-this-every-time-I-level-up

"He was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy; his eyes were bright and clean, and his voice like music; on his brow set wisdom, and in his hand was strength."

He firecasted.
    His alliance supported.

• I like to have a steady amount of resource production so I am not dependent upon looting. It's nice to log on and find storehouses full. 
    I have only been playing a year and a few months. But I like having the resources automatically produced. 

It's easier just to make a loot commander with loot gems and hit 1-2 players and fill up on resources.

• I like to have a steady amount of resource production so I am not dependent upon looting. It's nice to log on and find storehouses full. 
    I have only been playing a year and a few months. But I like having the resources automatically produced. 

It's easier just to make a loot commander with loot gems and hit 1-2 players and fill up on resources.
    I am guessing I won't be able to make it a 90 90 commander. What level of range and melee does your loot commander have?  Do you use it on sams and nomads and robber barons only?
    Can I see a screen shot of your loot commanders and its attributes?
    Thanks for your advice
  • hge (US1) said:
    @Cordial Warrior (US1)   Please refrain from resurrecting long dead threads. Thanks.
    Sorry, but I wanted to seek advice. 
  • hge (US1) said:
    Sorry, but I wanted to seek advice. 

Don't mind hge, he just has nothing else to do.

If you want to make a loot commander, your gonna wanna to hit towers like crazy and combining equipment until you find the pieces that have loot and a melee/range bonus. Currently, my loot commander sucks, but in my old account I had 70% loot with 60 melee/50 range, I would either add flank/wall gems(More troops = More loot) or just add loot gems. 

Again, you don't really need a 90/90, because loot commanders are supposed to be used on semi-empty castles.

Yes you can use a loot commander on sams and nomads, you just have to make sure that it has the stats it needs. If you want Loot/Event commanders, then I would suggest you find pieces that have Wall/Gate and 90 range with maybe some loot stats and then just add the loot gems.

• Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,104
    The Building Material (Wood), Stone to Spare (Stone) and Many Mouths to Feed achievements each give 300 achievement points at level 10 and decent points on the way up.  Achievement points are useful to gain banners which provide percentage bonuses for production, glory and the food production at the top level is 40% plus the for the top glory one you'll need those achievements.  So I'd recommend not knocking your resource buildings down at least until you've done those.  Small margins against top opponents in a war can make a big difference.  Players with high achievement points tend in general to have enjoyed success in events.  

To max your towers out in an achievement sense you need rings of 15 towers currently in green, ice, sand and fire.  I didn't realise that and had to go back and start from scratch which took ages.  So do that from as early as you can.  If you want to compete in the tower hit nobility contests you will need more than 15 towers in each realm.  Top players will be well over 50 in some realms maxed out, I'm pretty sire there is a limit of 300 maxed towers in green I guess the same elsewhere as well but realistically you shouldn't need that many.  You can use skips to level towers more quickly an option older players didn't have so potentially allows you to build your resources more quickly than we older guys could have done.   

Having a hunting lodge helps adjust the balance of resource production and if I'm not as active I might set resource production up and drop food production or split my banner to fill my storage more quickly overnight or during times I'm not on.  I send Stone from stone ops to wood ops and reverse that for wood to stone ops to keep them full.  I use event troops bought with tokens in Sams and Nomads and volume hit (lots of hits 16-30) creating an excess of food tapering troops numbers back down at night to avoid being over the limit.  I use resource and skips to fast build more quickly with greater volume of resources coming in and send excess to other players or add them to the alliance fund.     Event looting for Sams and Noms allows quicker travel times than hitting towers which means I can get more hits in which is why I prefer it.  

Looting from players as a result of multi-accounting, password sharing and alliance farms with specific alliances controlling the inactive accounts means PVP looting is just to risky for smaller alliance players unless you are very strong.  I hit two players in top alliances successfully after they said they wanted PVP the resulting wars cost my alliance a lot and this is my third or fourth set of RV's.  The risk is not to you if you are a strong player its to the less strong developing players around you that's the conundrum for smaller alliances although the new terms of engagement on GB1 look to be off to a more promising start in this regard.  If you are a strong player in a strong alliance and you like PVP it's unlikely to be an issue but for me I haven't risk that beyond shady hits for the achievements which I now have to do 50 of to finish - warning there for all players in my vicinity.  I can get what I need from overnight production and from event hits why risk it and slow someone's else development I'm confident in my account so I don't see the need to take out developing players who could be future allies.  
    Batten @ en 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file