Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

May Update: Discussion Thread

Comments

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,063
    The problem still exists that different servers get different quality of castles,  so its not just a case of  bigger servers do better becasue there are more players playing.  I have not played that many servers but those i have played I am 100% positive they get given very very different castles.   Yes no server is great but on some servers if you hit enough castles you get the smattering of 2-8k castles thrown in periodically.  if you hit 500+ castles you can expect a decent number of the bigger castles within those numbers.  On some severs you can hit 5-600 castles and still never see anything bigger than 1500.  

realistically that means to get 10m points someone on a server that never sees larger castles has to hit 500 castles all at 500 size and needs to get an average of 20k points per castle, realistically that means using up somewhere in the region of 150,000  of the 2% banners, to just about scrape the 10m points.  

Now if you used 150,000 banners on some servers you would be looking at 50 million glory.  

How can that be right ?  How can you globally compare servers where there is such a disparity?  

Yes I get that a server with 50,000 active players will get higher scores than a server with 1000 active players, BUT if a players hits  500 castles with the same coms, same number of banners etc.  Then they should expect to get the same scores and the current reality is they would be looking at getting scores of 4-500% different.  Or to put it in context getting 10 million points is 4-500% more difficult on some servers.

I suppose you are right about smaller servers needing bigger castles and especially if your server is also small. I think that the problem is not so much about needing 10 million glory points to get all of the rewards especially on bigger servers, but about the smaller servers needing to have castles at a similar size to castles on bigger servers. The only other alternative that I can think of is for GGS to significantly reduce the requirement to get all the rewards on smaller servers while keeping it at 10 million on the biggest servers. Only problem with that is it still does not resolve the problem as to why the biggest servers get the biggest castles and smaller servers get smaller castles. That would be an imbalance and even I would agree with this coming from a bigger server. Also, perhaps it would give players on smaller servers more of a reason to spend money on this game if GGS gave them BC and Foreign castles equal in size to the biggest servers.
    or have it relate to the own troop number / strength [in some way at least so that just buying loads of troops does not instantly get you only good castles], as I have noticed I am getting the same amount of trash castles now when I am keeping a tenfold the troops I kept at the lower legendary levels.
    Does Philt123 buy rubies? Here is someone complaining about this problem. If he buys rubies and is still complaining about it from a smaller server then in theory I think that if this were true this may help solve the problem as to why the smaller servers do not get big enough castles. Perhaps it is only because of their size instead of it only being about the non ruby buyers not getting big enough castles. I think it would be good to know if it is the server size or buying rubies that determines getting bigger castles. You may have a good idea as well about perhaps number of troops determining the size of castles instead of buying rubies, but where it gets confusing and unclear is when it comes to server size vs. buying rubies where it currently stands now as the deciding factor for the size of castles.
    Not sure if he still buys but he definilty used to be a whale CBEE/Negan level.
    And ruby buying is a non-factor as I know a few dozen complete non ruby players (a few of them spent 5$ for WoF pro mode but that is all) and they are very active and get as much shit and good stuff as I do, wether server Size plays a role I cannot say anything about as I do not know enough to give a definite awnser on that but some servers Like asia1 that are matched against other small servers more often get more bad castles in general obviously. 

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • rotkiv (HU2)rotkiv (HU2) HU2 Posts: 569
    edited 15.05.2018
    2 part of the old foreign commander are the rewards at lvl 10-59, wtf is this???
    And the lvl 60-69 rewards same as lvl 70 rewards (the new commander's parts too), but at lvl 60-69 need less glory point.
    This is a very bad joke, the GGE killed the PvP battles with the new commanders. :( 
                                   Tippek új fórumozóknak                                                                                Gyorsabb játékmenet                               

Szabályzat                                                                                            Játék Androidon/IOS-en                               
    És még sok más útmutató...
  • JYT (US1)JYT (US1) US1 Posts: 895
    Is BR1 short for Brazil1? If that is the case here you might be surprised they are ranked number 3 based on May 11th, 2018, JYT. https://empire.community/language/en/empire-rankings-11-05-2018/
    LOL you totally missed my point.
    The point was that the US server was "fighting" Germany, which on average has larger "castles" than US, whereas Brazil generally has smaller ones. This is why I stated that the glory totals for the past round would be higher than the average.
    I did not imply anything about how well Brazil does as a server in the event competitions, but rather that when the foreign invasion matches US against BR, players on average score fewer glory points than if US was matched against Germany.

An easy solution to this, and what Phil was saying about the disparity in servers, is to just match up all servers against a common, random pool of castles chosen from every server. Make sure that every server is matched against the same pool, rather than some servers be matched against US while others fight Romania. Thus a disparity can be avoided. Of course, have the relative "difficulty" of the matched pool vary from event to event, to keep the event from getting REALLY MONOTONE LIKE IT CURRENTLY IS
    UPDATE THE CASTLES GEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ
    Discord: JYT#1574
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    I agree i think this is why the castle levels differ between servers, as GGE in their wisdom tried to pretend that the castles were based on real castles they "cloned" from each server.  

Now when the event started this may have been true, so if you get put up against USA or Germany then you would expect to be hitting larger castles.  However the event has been dummed down so many times since then the average castle size shrunk to minute sizes.  

The problem is the big servers with the better average castle size tend to be paired with the big servers.  Meaning the smaller servers tend to get paired with the smaller servers.  Ie they tend to get the crap sized castles.

When there is a global competition on like there currently is, then ALL servers should get the same server to fight ie the same castle profile.  Lets be honest no one actually believes this event has anything to do with real servers anymore.  

And all events should really have the same castle profile,  why should it be any different just becasue you are on a small server?  you all have to hit the same 10m target.  why make it harder for smaller servers?  

At the very least GGE should give all servers the chance to hit Germany every event.  At least that way we all have the maximum castle sizes possible.  Yes there will be still way too many 500 castles for reality but its better then it is currently.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • linne (SKN1)linne (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 16
    hehe  then red flags must be used do not bother their shit anymore

( buy buy buy buy buy buy buy or stop playing . That's the only thing they get out of it. The server I'm on is soon dead)
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,104
    I can understand why the smaller castles are necessary.  Imagine for a minute the castles of the alliance you face that are cloned are Crimson Guard castles on En1, in normal gameplay you end up having to hit out all their castles one after another you would be looking at as many as 20K plus troops a time and if they randomly rock up to support an awful lot more.  Now imagine you are a level 40 player in the alliance that is unlucky enough to draw them.  Good luck retaining your significantly smaller level of troops for longer than the first hour.  I'm level 70 800 and I might manage two hours on a good day with a following wind.  Essentially given castles quite often have those American Independence Day star and stripes horrors that we see once in a blue moon on a far more regular basis than we actual do in the game then my feeling is a snapshot of castles was taken at the beginning and hasn't been changed to reflect how our actual castles have changed since FI came in.  

If all the castles were incredibly tough and reflected those castles of all the top players in all the top alliances then the attrition rate on troops for average or developing players would be too high to allow the event for most players to last more than an evening.  That's why I guess the  big castles are spaced out and unlocked by a certain number of hits.  There are awful lot of inactive castles and have been for a time I have maybe eight surrounding me in green non of which have many troops so the really weak castles are representative in that regard.  Maybe more player led pressure to close inactive accounts might help improve the quality if castles really are updated each time the event runs which to me seems pretty unlikely.  

Maybe what players actually want is a shorter FI /. BC  with tougher castles and reduced glory targets for rewards.  Interested to know whether data supports my belief that player activity in FI and BC nosedives on day 3.  If that's the case better surely to have an intense two days.  Maybe Short two day blocks but more frequently to allow for players who can't be active on the two days to catch up?  Not sure it needs to rebalanced and developed but how is a tricky one.  
    Batten @ en 1
  • Kage (ASIA1)Kage (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,943
    edited 17.05.2018
    I can understand why the smaller castles are necessary.  Imagine for a minute the castles of the alliance you face that are cloned are Crimson Guard castles on En1, in normal gameplay you end up having to hit out all their castles one after another you would be looking at as many as 20K plus troops a time and if they randomly rock up to support an awful lot more.  Now imagine you are a level 40 player in the alliance that is unlucky enough to draw them.  Good luck retaining your significantly smaller level of troops for longer than the first hour.  I'm level 70 800 and I might manage two hours on a good day with a following wind.  Essentially given castles quite often have those American Independence Day star and stripes horrors that we see once in a blue moon on a far more regular basis than we actual do in the game then my feeling is a snapshot of castles was taken at the beginning and hasn't been changed to reflect how our actual castles have changed since FI came in.  

If all the castles were incredibly tough and reflected those castles of all the top players in all the top alliances then the attrition rate on troops for average or developing players would be too high to allow the event for most players to last more than an evening.  That's why I guess the  big castles are spaced out and unlocked by a certain number of hits.  There are awful lot of inactive castles and have been for a time I have maybe eight surrounding me in green non of which have many troops so the really weak castles are representative in that regard.  Maybe more player led pressure to close inactive accounts might help improve the quality if castles really are updated each time the event runs which to me seems pretty unlikely.  

Maybe what players actually want is a shorter FI /. BC  with tougher castles and reduced glory targets for rewards.  Interested to know whether data supports my belief that player activity in FI and BC nosedives on day 3.  If that's the case better surely to have an intense two days.  Maybe Short two day blocks but more frequently to allow for players who can't be active on the two days to catch up?  Not sure it needs to rebalanced and developed but how is a tricky one.  
    Your point is right, but not really.
    GGS doesn't want glory to be made in such easy ways, once they said, glory points / gallentry points is a important tool for the game, and "if" we have many events that give acces to this tool, well we have imbalance in the game.I'm talking about the berimond events. That was their reason in the first plan i think, back when the gallentry decay was high. (An easy explanation these tools can be exploited// glory//galentry points)
    Same for glory, but i think with the number of defenders in the fl/bc.
    So, a easy fix, less defenders, the ballance for the glory is fine.
    Even if there are players in big servers with 30+ m in the titles.

Like now with the berimond events, players extended their titles for days, my titles still will be up for 1 week or more, because of how easy is to maintain the gallentry poins) so this is why they don't like to give such easy ways to these "tools"

] - asia 1 / Second player on power -   - 2.8m power - Oct. 04. 2019 

I'm a ghost, but i'm still here.
     To be continued....

• Ok guys, im gonna need some help here. I feel REALLY REALLY stuck at this point. As i said before, i cant get any Invader commander sets now, Nomad and Samurai comms are complete trash for hitting NPC and basically i have the Shadow commander and 2 custom made 90 ranged comms for hitting NPC. As a result ,in NPC events, i advance ridiculously slow. There is no way for me to acquire any decent commanders(not even close to Ivory queen and Shapeshifter one will take me about 2 months according to my calculations). As there are much more experienced players in here, i would greatly appreciate advice on how to continue
    Αλάστωρ @ GR 1
  • Kage (ASIA1)Kage (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,943
    Ok guys, im gonna need some help here. I feel REALLY REALLY stuck at this point. As i said before, i cant get any Invader commander sets now, Nomad and Samurai comms are complete trash for hitting NPC and basically i have the Shadow commander and 2 custom made 90 ranged comms for hitting NPC. As a result ,in NPC events, i advance ridiculously slow. There is no way for me to acquire any decent commanders(not even close to Ivory queen and Shapeshifter one will take me about 2 months according to my calculations). As there are much more experienced players in here, i would greatly appreciate advice on how to continue
    Well first option, QUIT game.
    That's what i'd do, because there is no hope for the new players that already reached level 70 to gain new 5 piece commanders, not now, not in the near feature.
    Other option, wait until you will get a good 9 piece commander from the long events. There were some npc commanders and in the last month i think it was a pvp commander. (If i'm not mistaken).
    Or, buy some equipments from other events, win them and so on.
    Make some combinations, if you have enough piece equipments.
    You can have some decent commanders with -% wall/gate/speed .
    ] - asia 1 / Second player on power -   - 2.8m power - Oct. 04. 2019 

I'm a ghost, but i'm still here.
     To be continued....

• TwistedMind (GB1)TwistedMind (GB1) Posts: 309
    edited 17.05.2018
    Ok guys, im gonna need some help here. I feel REALLY REALLY stuck at this point. As i said before, i cant get any Invader commander sets now, Nomad and Samurai comms are complete trash for hitting NPC and basically i have the Shadow commander and 2 custom made 90 ranged comms for hitting NPC. As a result ,in NPC events, i advance ridiculously slow. There is no way for me to acquire any decent commanders(not even close to Ivory queen and Shapeshifter one will take me about 2 months according to my calculations). As there are much more experienced players in here, i would greatly appreciate advice on how to continue
    Dude your commanders just are what you make of them!..
    Here is my king of shadows now.. that it can be done even better:

And here is one of my best commanders since my level 30, my first time in Beri..
    It is made with two old Beri equip and two orange pieces..
    Not even tech to maX.. lol

Right!...
    I do not show gems.. What i do with them is my business..

Even this idiot that came with Zero Gate, i made this:

Right, it still needs to go to that guy with big nose!..
    Whatever.. but not that bad without upgrades, for not that stronger targets..

So if i made it, you can make it also!..
    Loot as much as you can!... And, do not be afraid to mix pieces of equip, gems whatever.. Sometimes better results than a freshly new commander that you just have to spend millions of coins upgrading it..
    Post edited by TwistedMind (GB1) on

httpsikinja-imgcomgawker-mediaimageuploads--XyQ7zT-V--c_fitfl_progressiveq_80w_636d840ldmbc8smsqrrdxyvgif
                          @MarchOfTheDamn
  • UD1 (INT1)UD1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,321
    If GGE decided to upgrade our castles , nothing would actually change , we will all get more glory , but i guess gge would just upgrade the amount of glory needed to win rewards , so we would be back at Status Quo .
    Although i do get a lot of glory and can compete but i never can win because i do have crap troops never buy booster for fori , and we hardly ever do glory booster from alliance , so i can taste victory but it is ellusive to me .
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Ok guys, im gonna need some help here. I feel REALLY REALLY stuck at this point. As i said before, i cant get any Invader commander sets now, Nomad and Samurai comms are complete trash for hitting NPC and basically i have the Shadow commander and 2 custom made 90 ranged comms for hitting NPC. As a result ,in NPC events, i advance ridiculously slow. There is no way for me to acquire any decent commanders(not even close to Ivory queen and Shapeshifter one will take me about 2 months according to my calculations). As there are much more experienced players in here, i would greatly appreciate advice on how to continue

And here is one of my best commanders since my level 30, my first time in Beri..

Right!...

Loot as much as you can!... And, do not be afraid to mix pieces of equip, gems whatever.. Sometimes better results than a freshly new commander that you just have to spend millions of coins upgrading it..
    Come on dude, with all the respect, i think all you wanted to do with your answer is show off. Yes i have 4 of the berimond 2 piece sets, yes i use them as somewhat decent NPC commanders, but they all lack wall and gate reduction even almost fully teched. Now, you clearly used ruby gems, as you have plus 50 wall-50 gate on the shadow comm than normal and there arent any normal gems that increase those stats. Ok i may sound a bit harsh, but the commanders are rly not what i do with them, and im frustrated right now with the game(yeah i made 4 rant posts about the update)
    Αλάστωρ @ GR 1
    edited 17.05.2018

Come on dude, with all the respect, i think all you wanted to do with your answer is show off. Yes i have 4 of the berimond 2 piece sets, yes i use them as somewhat decent NPC commanders, but they all lack wall and gate reduction even almost fully teched. Now, you clearly used ruby gems, as you have plus 50 wall-50 gate on the shadow comm than normal and there arent any normal gems that increase those stats. Ok i may sound a bit harsh, but the commanders are rly not what i do with them, and im frustrated right now with the game(yeah i made 4 rant posts about the update)
    Wrong answer dude!
    I am a full non ruby.. since start..

What do ya think of this:

I just do not have ruby gems..

You have to be wise..
    And, i just do not show my gems for idiots of GGS, remember to come with another crazy cap idea on the way we use the gems, we fairly win and conquer with our work..

The gems used in king of shadows are out there at your reach also.. perhaps if you do not only think in the whole of something, but in just in some parts.. but, i clearly see you can never be able to reach that level of thinking.. sometimes the "parts of something" with another "parts of something" are way far better than the "whole of something" together..

You have just have to use your head..

So, i came with advice and you start kicking..

So you no good for this game..
    Better Quit, like someone said above!..
    if you want everything on a plate without work.. you not going far..

httpamemegencomxi7kobgif

httpsimgbuzzfeedcombuzzfeed-staticstatic2015-09422enhancedwebdr02anigif_enhanced-2917-1441421250-2gif

httpsikinja-imgcomgawker-mediaimageuploads--XyQ7zT-V--c_fitfl_progressiveq_80w_636d840ldmbc8smsqrrdxyvgif
                          @MarchOfTheDamn
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,063

Right!...

Ever thought of those new fresh shapeshifer gems they are incredly good on the shadow king commander and he used them on there, not the best combo to use them on it though imo.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
    edited 17.05.2018

Ever thought of those new fresh shapeshifer gems they are incredly good on the shadow king commander and he used them on there, not the best combo to use them on it though imo.
    Well.. since Herveus blew my cover..
    I can say we have a set of gems that we can acquire more easily than the other.. maybe i just put the weakest in some NPC commanders and the more advanced in other kind commanders..

So not bad at all applying this kind of gems to the King of Shadows..  It just makes him like the "Everwinter Imp", the "fortunes of Desert Sands" and the "summoning".. and not another useless commander..
    And a way better than the "Nutcracker" and far way more better than the "Garb of Emerald"..
    Speaking in Beri and nomad and sams targets..
    As much commanders you have of this better when this events are on.. it saves you time and effort.. ideal for the life of a non ruby..

For towers "Nutcracker" is better only because of - 50 cooldown..

Everyone must build is own way, and find out what is better for their own gameplay..

@MarchOfTheDamn
  •     ''So you no good for this game..''
    Ok i will not even comment on that. 
         So, i came with advice and you start kicking..
    You showed me one of your custom made commanders, didnt say how you made him and expect me to understand what ? I too try to think combinations using gems from different sets on 5 piece commanders and castellans.You know what i miss ? Yeah, the pieces. Now, if you made yourself clear from the beginning and explain the process, i would thank you for your precious help. The way you presented it it seemed like a show off. ''Look what ive done,you should too'' style. And i didnt kick you at all,i stated very politely my honest opinion.Anyway i think the conversation has diverged from its original purpose and i will end it here
    Αλάστωρ @ GR 1
  • linne (SKN1)linne (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 16
     21 reaches 10 million. and the  50 reaches 7.5millioner on my server.
  •  21 reaches 10 million. and the  50 reaches 7.5millioner on my server.
    i got like 5m this time hehe only 60k normad flags left :)

• where are the events scheduled for today? And no nobility contest?
    shootfighter @ usa 1
  • There are some members in my alliance who can no longer log into their accounts since the last update which has a effect on our alliance position in the events. Has anyone else experienced this?
Sign In to comment.