We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

May Update: Discussion Thread

Comments

• I'm quite sad to see FI commander go. He was a solid commander and even if you were running a bad streak of luck, still manageable to grab. Plus 5 commander sets seem to be becoming rarer and rarer. The customization through gems is disappearing. Usually the sets make up for it in some way or another, but I don't see it as much in this set or even in the nomad set you need 100k each run to get. They are extremely event driven commanders which makes it harder to create more universal commanders. I would like to see another prize commander that returns to the basic 5 piece set and doesn't have all its perks aimed at a singular goal.

Overall not too thrilled with the update, but I did love the FI commander so probably to be expected.
    Well, what can I say - it's what happens if you forget to get a haircut in too long ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I don't even think that's growing hair in the design, it is harder to see the hair in the left picture but it is there and relatively the same... They just added earpiece/headband and colored it differently... Well played.
    I have no loyalty.

• BM ang1243 BM ang1243 Posts: 3,836
    Can you explain to me how you can have a global competitions comparing server to server when you run events with different difficulties from server to server.

Anyone who has ever played more than one server can see that some servers have to put up with lower sized FI / Crow castles than others, please do not deny this, anyone who has played multiple servers knows it to be true.

So given you get more monthly points the more glory you get, and you get more glory for more troops in the caste.  How can you run a competition generally those on bigger servers get better castles therefore can earn more season points.  Those on smaller servers generally have worse castles and therefor its harder to gain the 10k glory needed to accrue maximum season points.

So straight away your competition is inherently unfair,  unless you can gurantee that you use exactly the same castles generation size for EVERY server then your competition is rigged from the start.  as some servers will have a handicap before they start.

So do you intend to ensure EVERY server recieves the same size castles?  or do you intend to run a rigged competition?
    Hey @Philt123 (GB1)

Firstly, I'm not saying this disproves your argument that things are unfair between servers - but, I would argue in the opposite direction than the bigger servers being better off - as the point is to get season points, and you'll lose far fewer troops (and therefore in most cases be able to go for much longer) hitting smaller castles - and if you have a decent level of honor, and don't mind spending a few rubies on Glory booster tools - it's actually a heck of a lot more efficient in all/most ways (in terms of season points) to hit lots of the smaller castles - rather than having to gather bigger armies for 'big' castles.

I'm quite sad to see FI commander go. He was a solid commander and even if you were running a bad streak of luck, still manageable to grab. Plus 5 commander sets seem to be becoming rarer and rarer. The customization through gems is disappearing. Usually the sets make up for it in some way or another, but I don't see it as much in this set or even in the nomad set you need 100k each run to get. They are extremely event driven commanders which makes it harder to create more universal commanders. I would like to see another prize commander that returns to the basic 5 piece set and doesn't have all its perks aimed at a singular goal.

Overall not too thrilled with the update, but I did love the FI commander so probably to be expected.
    Well, what can I say - it's what happens if you forget to get a haircut in too long ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I don't even think that's growing hair in the design, it is harder to see the hair in the left picture but it is there and relatively the same... They just added earpiece/headband and colored it differently... Well played.
    I think he's definitely grown some on the right of his face along with the golden laurels

Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,616GB1
    I would Suggest that you are talking about the very top players in this event you are talking what the top 1000 players over ALL servers I dont know how many active players that is, but i expect a LOT.

for the top players number of troops really isnt too much of an issue when hitting FI, the offers these days ensure that. what is the limiting factor is the fact you have only 10 castles and including travel time and cooldown, you can only hit what 20 castles an hour.  The truth is if you are hitting an average castle size thats smaller that someone on another server if you say you hit an identical amount of castles in an identical amount of time, they the smaller average castle size will mean that player on that server recieves less season points.

Even if I accept your argument that the smaller the castles size is better for the competition, either way it still means the competition is unfair, you pitting servers directly against each other when they have different set of variables, and that cant be done.   Its not a competition if i have to hit 120 castles to get 1000 points if someone else can hit 100 castles using identical set ups and get 1000 points.

unless you give all servers the same set of variables with the same set of average castle size, its inherantly unfair, you are trying to compare apples with oranges.  Its the same with all these multi server competitions.  Unless you ensure a lever playing field the results are meaningless.

Which begs the question why do some servers get significantly worse castles?  

Philt123 @ en 1
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,805AU1
    I would Suggest that you are talking about the very top players in this event you are talking what the top 1000 players over ALL servers I dont know how many active players that is, but i expect a LOT.

for the top players number of troops really isnt too much of an issue when hitting FI, the offers these days ensure that. what is the limiting factor is the fact you have only 10 castles and including travel time and cooldown, you can only hit what 20 castles an hour.  The truth is if you are hitting an average castle size thats smaller that someone on another server if you say you hit an identical amount of castles in an identical amount of time, they the smaller average castle size will mean that player on that server recieves less season points.

Even if I accept your argument that the smaller the castles size is better for the competition, either way it still means the competition is unfair, you pitting servers directly against each other when they have different set of variables, and that cant be done.   Its not a competition if i have to hit 120 castles to get 1000 points if someone else can hit 100 castles using identical set ups and get 1000 points.

unless you give all servers the same set of variables with the same set of average castle size, its inherantly unfair, you are trying to compare apples with oranges.  Its the same with all these multi server competitions.  Unless you ensure a lever playing field the results are meaningless.

20 hits an hour? On de1 they buy loads of sams troops, easily 30+ fl/h

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) Posts: 2,068INT1
    The way i see THE FURY BLADE is aim at the biggest spenders 
    It is not aimed at moderate spenders or non ruby buyers , so as for THE FURY BLADE and it advertising , equates to me ,
    like the story of the Kings new clothes.
    So here my view i will continue to play my game as normal , but definitely not spend more than my allowance i do monthly
    i will get a medeocre place as normal , Knowing that the Fury blade is beyond my budget, and although i have time quite a lot i have never ever beaten a ruby whale .

So good luck to the winner , but you will pay for such a grand prize. and i do not mind GGE earning money , What i do dislike when GGE aim the prize for anyone to win .

Thats my oppion for what it is worth .

Tony
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • @Temprance , @BM ang1243 , @BM_Friedrich , @BM Neroxnex , @BM_Keira ,

Since the update there are issues with the mercenary post i left 1 not completed mission overnight and instead of a reset as usual have got only the mission that was left ? after i completed the ( approx.10.30 gmt) i had lo log and the missions had reset at 15.00, however another player in my alliance is also having similar issues !

making an enquiry here first and will copy and paste onto the Bug Thread as well :smile:

dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • @Temprance , @BM ang1243 , @BM_Friedrich , @BM Neroxnex , @BM_Keira ,

Since the update there are issues with the mercenary post i left 1 not completed mission overnight and instead of a reset as usual have got only the mission that was left ? after i completed the ( approx.10.30 gmt) i had lo log and the missions had reset at 15.00, however another player in my alliance is also having similar issues !

making an enquiry here first and will copy and paste onto the Bug Thread as well :smile:

gge - updates the game 

bugs start rolling in

• Well, what can I say - it's what happens if you forget to get a haircut in too long ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

So when is the update to introduce the haircut look piece item for the commander? ;)
    Have fun and enjoy the game.

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,805AU1

could you pass on to the devs to make this look better. like the yellow surrounding inside the gre lines? and the gem bigger or the square smaller? it looks ugly now.

as you see equips are in a smaller square which is inside the gre square and looks much better.

and did you ever answer questions about where foreign and bloodcrow pieces went to? are they in teh equipment trader? or are they still at 663k. in my opinion foreing pieces could be at 663-780k in foreign event and crow pieces could be 663-780k in crow event. But quess the devs will never listen and just f*ck us over.

and restore the red color of unique equips? this half red half pink color looks so strange and ugly as well. 

agree, the next text colour for unique sucks imo, and it is not as easy as before to tell what rarity an equipment is, the lines can stay for me they don't make a difference but on the rest please do a full 180 and reverse that

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,616GB1

20 hits an hour? On de1 they buy loads of sams troops, easily 30+ fl/h
    Yes doesnt really matter what server but u are limited mainly by the cooldown of the castles you hit all 10 and have to wait 10 mins or so for them to regenerate, plus the 10-15 mins travel time.  so yeah it could be 20 - could be 30 depends how many times you can get them to regenarate in an hour.   Point is you are limited by that whatever the number is doesnt matter.  What matters is that bit is the same for all servers its what you are hitting thats different.  and that cant be right. especially points ie glory differes dependant of castle size, and amount of glory dictates how many season / fury points you get.  

The reality is 2 players with idential comms identical setups send an identical number of hits, and one ends up with significantly more glory / season points than the other, and yet you are putting them in competition against each other doesnt seem like a fair competition to me.  And would appear to be a really easy fix.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • sarah1 (INT2)sarah1 (INT2) Posts: 106INT2
    @sarah1 (INT2) @Herveus (AU1) one more thing

they changed the place of the gems on the eq, it's like if they fixed every single event, no bugs, all events are back and working great and there's nothing else left to do/fix
    @GGE Devs

lol i dont mind the placement of the gems. i think this corner is better sinec most equips have nothing in this corner while at the old place there was equipment picture. but yea idk what gge devs are doing. I am quite happy with the montly updates except old bugs arent fixed and it looks like the devs dont care of what there players think. we give a lot of feedback and ask a lot but never get a answer. I dont know if our CMs don't pass it to the devs or the devs dont care :( 
    sarah1 @ 7
  • Welp. I'm realizing that the way the new equipment cycles... I'm never getting the new equipment sets completed. Not just the new foreigner and bloodcrow set, but the new khan set, and such. THe point totals to reach the 3rd piece of equipment are simply out of my reach. I've never gotten 7.5 million glory in a single foreigner event. To complete this set, I need to do it three times. Same thing with the new set from the nomad event. I've never gotten even close to 100k khan points... if I work as hard as I possibly can, I can get the equipment at 57000 khan points. to double that? And then do it three events in a row? Nope. Not going to happen. And since I play for the equipment sets... GGE has just shown me that they don't want me as a player anymore. I've said many times that moderate activity players should be able to earn rewards... it should just take longer. It gives us incentive to keep coming back. I'm FINE if it takes me 6 or 9 events to complete a set that other people can complete in 2 or 3 events. But if I never have a shot? Nope. Not fine. Will find another thing to spend my free time with.
    gge has made then event so they don't need to chage it for another 2-3 years before players get good enught to make 10m each event.

• Welp. I'm realizing that the way the new equipment cycles... I'm never getting the new equipment sets completed. Not just the new foreigner and bloodcrow set, but the new khan set, and such. THe point totals to reach the 3rd piece of equipment are simply out of my reach. I've never gotten 7.5 million glory in a single foreigner event. To complete this set, I need to do it three times. Same thing with the new set from the nomad event. I've never gotten even close to 100k khan points... if I work as hard as I possibly can, I can get the equipment at 57000 khan points. to double that? And then do it three events in a row? Nope. Not going to happen. And since I play for the equipment sets... GGE has just shown me that they don't want me as a player anymore. I've said many times that moderate activity players should be able to earn rewards... it should just take longer. It gives us incentive to keep coming back. I'm FINE if it takes me 6 or 9 events to complete a set that other people can complete in 2 or 3 events. But if I never have a shot? Nope. Not fine. Will find another thing to spend my free time with.
    the beauty of it is that those sets aren't even worth it so if you fail to complete them u actually loose nothing ;) 

Samurai commander, Beri NPC comm and Shapeshifter will just do the magic for u if you fail to get those. And all 3 are pretty much super easy to get for non ruby players ;)

And on the bright side, seeing GGE's patterns in a few months, or ok maybe years those will be also available to get via some equipment trader camp or buying with apprentice tokens or whatever. 

It's all rainbows and unicorns, but with having each update more and more bugs along with Invader set gone that's dark ages all over again. Oh well 
  • Chibss (GB1)Chibss (GB1) Posts: 25GB1
    Hey everyone,

Let us know what you think of the latest details released about the upcoming update here - we'll try and answer any questions you have as well as pass on any constructive feedback you have.

Cheers,

Angus
    whats happened to bloodcrow treasures set from Top100?
  • Hey everyone,

Let us know what you think of the latest details released about the upcoming update here - we'll try and answer any questions you have as well as pass on any constructive feedback you have.

Cheers,

Angus
    whats happened to bloodcrow treasures set from Top100?
    we will find out in about 40 houers monday at around 10:00 

• ossi78 (SKN1)ossi78 (SKN1) Posts: 34SKN1
    nice update,,,,ore nice updating more bugs,,,, 
  • You all couldn't even get a new artist to make new commanders?  You just color their hair and put an eye patch on them, or some golden wing hair decoration? lol

Sign In to comment.