We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Please answer with your full opinion

Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) Posts: 2,196ASIA1
edited 01.05.2018 in Off Topic
So is saying you're humble, cocky in your opinion? 

Please update the Kingdom League event to a real 'ranked' event. The current event is very bad, and very unfair - I am not being placed with players on similar skill level by any means, I have dominated the last 8 out of 12 days by over 500% compared to other players, the remaining 4 a player dominated me by over 500%.

I am writing this in my signature to avoid cluttering the forums, but having the message everywhere. 

Comments

• I say yes. I don't know many people who say they are humble without first listing a bunch of their accomplishments. So just out of habit of hearing it with that so often I'll say yes.

I don't know why people are so upset with being called cocky though. Nothing really wrong with it especially in the case you can actually back it up.
    Have fun and enjoy the game.

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,806AU1
    I say yes. I don't know many people who say they are humble without first listing a bunch of their accomplishments. So just out of habit of hearing it with that so often I'll say yes.

I don't know why people are so upset with being called cocky though. Nothing really wrong with it especially in the case you can actually back it up.
    I am cocky when it comes to gge :D

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • benja084 (ES1)benja084 (ES1) Posts: 9,672ES1
    It depends on the way you say it. You can say "I consider myself to be a humble person" and not sound cocky.
    cat

"There is no such a thing as an empty space or an empty time. There is always something to see, something to hear"
    "To pay attention, that is our endless and propper work"

"No existe tal cosa como un espacio vacío o un tiempo vacio. Siempre hay algo que ver, algo que oír"
    "Prestar atención, ese es nuestro interminable y apropiado trabajo"
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 12.05.2018
    I would say that a person could also say they are humble or consider themselves a humble person, but are actually cocky or in other words prideful which is the opposite of being humble. It is a lot like saying one thing from your mouth and then saying another thing that contradicts it or displaying a sense of pride according to your actions despite saying another thing that contradicts it which I would say is hypocrisy. Important to keep in mind their may be some people who may not necessarily really mean what they say like someone for example who says "I hate swearing" or "you should not be swearing" , but later on swears anyway. Although it may not necessarily apply to everyone it may apply to some people who are like this. This includes Goodgame Empire, real life, and etc...
    David Noble @ usa 1
Sign In to comment.