Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

What's up with the FL's GGS?

13»

Comments

• Dumb Cat (US1)Dumb Cat (US1) US1 Posts: 548
    hahaha if you would hit more than that 1 best target maybe you would get targets
    hahaha maybe if you pulled your head out of your rear you would have something intelligent to say.
    I hit targets one at a time moron. I was referring to that last attack.
    Only an idiot would interpret that as I only hit one target.
    Not to get too involved... But don't you think it's a bit hypocritical to go around calling people idiots when you yourself are a dumb cat?
    The account is named after my cat Dumbass.  But the censor bot won't allow Dumbass so I changed it to 
    Dumb Cat.  Not to get too involved... but if you think it's hypocritical for someone using  name that is an obvious joke to call someone acting like an idiot, an idiot.  Your the dumb cat.
    You thought I was joking?

Just having a little fun. Honestly, I think it's funny that you're calling me an idiot for something that is obviously a joke: me calling you an idiot for something that is obviously a joke.
    I think it's funny you just proved you are as dumb as my cat and don't realize it.
    I said my accounts name was a joke named after my cat whose name is Dumbass.  Nowhere in that post do I say I think you are joking. 
    Also the statement "but if you think it's hypocritical for someone using  name that is an obvious joke to call someone acting like an idiot, an idiot"  was a reference to the person I was talking to not you.  
    You like to use the word obviously a lot.  Yet what is obvious in my post completely escapes you.
    @Dumb Cat (US1) , I'll touch on some points here.  

You can queue up 1,280 red flags (at a minimum) daily in about 2 minutes before you log every night for bed.  You can do that even while your castles are out of wood and stone.  (8 castles including storm, with just 2 slots available and no craft item.  If you have other slots opened via VIP, it's 3k+ you can queue up). 

Or you can build mantlets all the time, but whenever you're out of wood or stone, queue up the flags instead.  My workshops are NEVER idle.  I do have all slots unlocked though, so that helps for when I'm away from game.

Red flags have their perks and their drawbacks:
    • You get more glory from them, enough to meet the 10k threshold for the monthly events for sure.  I do not believe that your best of 10 castles only gave you 3.9k glory using 520 red flags.  Perhaps you meant they only added 3.9k glory on top of its normal glory?  But then I'd question the math.  Also, 400 composite bowmen will give you more glory than 1,200 attackers, or 550 veteran spears.  Make sure you're identifying which are the best castles.
    • A drawback for red flags is... the attacks are slower.  I can send two regular hits in the same time as a red flagged hit.   However, if you're using wooden mantlets on those attacks, there is no drawback since they are the same speed.  I typically send my red flags on any attack where I"m using wooden mantlets, as long as the castle has more than 500 or so defenders in it.
    • You're building them in place of mantlets - a drawback if you need more mantlets.
    • You need to have enough coin - so it's a drawback if you're kind of poor in coin
    • They can build  when you're out of wood or stone - a very nice advantage
    • Every little bit of glory helps.

I've never bought flags.  I hit nomads hard for the horsetails, and I build the red flags for when bad invaders like romania and brazil come around.

I'm newer to using them, but having 14k red flags is easy.  For those of us that build them it's actually on the low end.  I used around 25k in the first two days and that was BEFORE the updated royal quest was given to us.  A major annoyance lol.  Between then and now I've used another 15k.  Just build them before you log at night in ever place that is low on wood or stone.  Eventually you'll have a ton. But you have to do it during other events too, not just when BC/FI are here.

If berimond ever comes around again, ship them all from your outers to Beri.  It's free.  And when Beri ends, they get stacked in your main for free as well.

My last point is:  As an inactive player (or semi-active player) you are not going to achieve the same results and rewards as those who actually play the game moderately, unless you pay a premium for it (rubies).  Nor should you... you're not entitled to it.  So you shouldn't complain about not getting much when you're semi-inactive.  It's like saying it's unfair that your neighbor pulls home $100 working 8 hours when you only pull home $50 working 4 hours.  The money's there, you just have to work for it.
    point 1  I build red flags when I can. but I need tools. That is the priority.

point 2  "I do not believe that your best of 10 castles only gave you 3.9k glory using 520 red flags."
    What part of GGS was giving me nothing but crap targets didn't you understand?  Take another look at my OP it has a quote from my alliance chat everyone was talking about not being able to find a decent glory target. Things have improved since then but it doesn't change the fact that 3.9k glory was from a br from the best target I could find loaded with red flags.

point 3  " It's like saying it's unfair that your neighbor pulls home $100 working 8 hours when you only pull home $50 working 4 hours.  The money's there, you just have to work for it"

I do work for my money.  I have a bad hip, bad knee, arthritis in my right elbow, and am in constant pain. But I ignore the pain and work anyway to the best of my ability.  I find your analogy especially insulting. And it evades the issue of the OP which was that I and everyone else in my alliance couldn't find any decent targets.  They were all between 300 to 500 defenders, mostly around 400.  Things have improved since that post but at the time it was a legitimate complaint.

• point 2  "I do not believe that your best of 10 castles only gave you 3.9k glory using 520 red flags."
    What part of GGS was giving me nothing but crap targets didn't you understand?  Take another look at my OP it has a quote from my alliance chat everyone was talking about not being able to find a decent glory target. Things have improved since then but it doesn't change the fact that 3.9k glory was from a br from the best target I could find loaded with red flags.

BS.

My best hit this Bloodcrows (I am level 49) was on a 475 troop castle.

I had 80% bonus flags and got 3k glory

3k/1.8 = 1600

3.9k/5.2 = ~750

meaning you're best target would have been a 200 defender troop castle or so, which is such bullshit lol.

Or more likely: you hit a castle that had full attackers and thought that would give you nice glory like a n00b.

BS.

3k/1.8 = 1600

3.9k/5.2 = ~750

meaning you're best target would have been a 200 defender troop castle or so, which is such bullshit lol.

Or more likely: you hit a castle that had full attackers and thought that would give you nice glory like a n00b.
    That is what the br said.  Your post is BS
  • Defectus (US1)Defectus (US1) US1 Posts: 1,199
    hahaha if you would hit more than that 1 best target maybe you would get targets
    hahaha maybe if you pulled your head out of your rear you would have something intelligent to say.
    Not to get too involved... But don't you think it's a bit hypocritical to go around calling people idiots when you yourself are a dumb cat?
    The account is named after my cat Dumbass.  But the censor bot won't allow Dumbass so I changed it to 
    Dumb Cat.  Not to get too involved... but if you think it's hypocritical for someone using  name that is an obvious joke to call someone acting like an idiot, an idiot.  Your the dumb cat.

Just having a little fun. Honestly, I think it's funny that you're calling me an idiot for something that is obviously a joke: me calling you an idiot for something that is obviously a joke.
    I think it's funny you just proved you are as dumb as my cat and don't realize it.
    I said my accounts name was a joke named after my cat whose name is Dumbass.  Nowhere in that post do I say I think you are joking. 
    Also the statement "but if you think it's hypocritical for someone using  name that is an obvious joke to call someone acting like an idiot, an idiot"  was a reference to the person I was talking to not you.  
    You like to use the word obviously a lot.  Yet what is obvious in my post completely escapes you.
    That's an error on my part, so I can understand the confusion—my intended response was "You though I was serious?" rather than "You thought I was joking?"

I think you're getting a bit defense; perhaps because you are realizing that your arguments here are easily refuted. My comment was pretty lighthearted and after looking over it I would still say that it's fairly neutral and unaggressive.

So, now that we've got that cleared up...

You thought I was serious?
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

I don't play this game anymore.

• BS.

3k/1.8 = 1600

3.9k/5.2 = ~750

That is what the br said.  Your post is BS
    LOL, n00b.

Show the battle report, or check it. If you only got 3.9k glory, the castle was full of attackers. 

• That is what the br said.  Your post is BS
    Living up to your name very well.
    lvl 40
    Proud Member of Lord Winchester
                                 Death Legion
  • The system is really messed up in my opinion.

I am getting a lot of 700+ BC's at level 49.

ChadFighter
    of
    Asylum
    ;)

• The system is really messed up in my opinion.

I am getting a lot of 700+ BC's at level 49.

Larger servers get better FC/BC castles most of the time.

That's an error on my part, so I can understand the confusion—my intended response was "You though I was serious?" rather than "You thought I was joking?"

I think you're getting a bit defense; perhaps because you are realizing that your arguments here are easily refuted. My comment was pretty lighthearted and after looking over it I would still say that it's fairly neutral and unaggressive.

So, now that we've got that cleared up...

You thought I was serious?
    oh ok 
    by the way I'm High Functioning Autistic it's hard for me to tell
    LOL, n00b.

Show the battle report, or check it. If you only got 3.9k glory, the castle was full of attackers. 

This was posted a month ago troll you know very well that report is no longer available
  • To be honest they need to add sub categories of legendary levels in glory events for example at lv.70 you are catergory one with decent glory targets and at lv.123 you can unlock wave 5 with stronger targets that is catergory 2 and at wave 6 the 3rd catergory, the strongest FC/BC of lv.70 so event is more fair to reach top 100 and more fair in seasonal points, but the individual rewards for top 50 and 100 and top 1 are now divided into 3 different lv.70 categories like how it was with lower lv.s
  • Sethanon (AU1)Sethanon (AU1) AU1 Posts: 6
    There's clearly an issue with how the size of foreign lords and bloodcrows is calculated lately.  its a rarity for me to get anything with over 1k defenders, and if it is then it has a weak castellan and/or is full of attackers.  Yet clearly others are getting better pickings.  I see reports from players within my alliance who get up to 7.5k castles on a fairly regular basis, but there is now an engrained pattern of poor castles in the last 250+ bloodcrows and Foreign Lords, so I've stopped thinking this is just a run of bad luck.  This prompted me to record the size of the first 21 castles I got in this BC event.
    For a level 70 player, with a 6 wave attack and strong commanders, castles with a median size of 624 and maximum of 1114 this event is really not a challenge, especially with castellans mostly with 30-60% melee and ranged bonuses.  If the game is not ever challenging, then what is its purpose?
    I've been contemplating for a long time upgrading my glory symbol on the shield and/or the glory memorial, but the base glory from these castles is so poor that I'm not going to invest in these items.
    These are cornerstone events of the game, but have become intensely frustrating over recent months, but never used to be like this.  What has happenned GGS? 

• OxO (AU1) said:
    Temprance said:
    I think this is just another case of GGS being @-holes and showing favoritism to the rich.
    The rich players can easily load up on ruby glory tools and use them to get huge amounts of glory while the rest of us are screwed.
    I agree. These flags are really using up my ruby supply

Temprance
    News bulletin!  Not every one can build up 14k in red flags.  Some of us cannot devote our life to this game.
    I haven't been able to play for the last two days. and can only play for a set period on the days I do play.

And some of us are not mods who have special access privileges like you. 

So what you do? Enter a special code that enable GGS employees to make 14k flags magically appear?
    Or is that just a photo shop?
    There's this wonderful place called storm islands
    Which I use to build mantlets   And perhaps you missed the part where I have limited time I can play? 
    14.8k/30= 493 per day x 129seconds= 63597= 1060 minutes = 17 1/2 hours
    I only have access to the internet 8 hours a day do not have access two days a week and last week missed 4 days.
    and when I am online I have things to do besides playing this game.
    What part of I cannot devote my live to this game did you not understand?
    By what stretch of your overactive imagination I can make 14.8 k red flags?
    8 hours is more than I play and I can easily manage to get 10k+ red flags , it is not that hard since you do not seem to play that much anyways you won't need that many mantlets so you can spend more time producing red flags of which you will not need that many either cause you are not as active, and also mods do not have "special access privileges" lol. 
    Also red flags are only 1% and barely make a difference in glory earned. You have to use tools to kill the wall troops reducing the number of flags you can use. Meanwhile the rich players use ruby glory boosters that give a huge bonus compared to redflags.  Oops did you forget that little detail?
    as for mantlets I do need them I burn through thousands of mantlets per event. It doesn't take that long to use them up.
    Especially in the beri, nomad, and samurai events where attacks take10 minutes or less. 
    So your argument is invalid.

Why do you build mantlets in Storm when it is much easier to build them in the kingdoms? The stone and wood production in storm is very low so you would have to build to increase production first.
  • Lady Nym (US1)Lady Nym (US1) US1 Posts: 398
    OxO (AU1) said:
    Temprance said:
    I think this is just another case of GGS being @-holes and showing favoritism to the rich.
    The rich players can easily load up on ruby glory tools and use them to get huge amounts of glory while the rest of us are screwed.
    I agree. These flags are really using up my ruby supply

Temprance
    News bulletin!  Not every one can build up 14k in red flags.  Some of us cannot devote our life to this game.
    I haven't been able to play for the last two days. and can only play for a set period on the days I do play.

And some of us are not mods who have special access privileges like you. 

So what you do? Enter a special code that enable GGS employees to make 14k flags magically appear?
    Or is that just a photo shop?
    There's this wonderful place called storm islands
    Which I use to build mantlets   And perhaps you missed the part where I have limited time I can play? 
    14.8k/30= 493 per day x 129seconds= 63597= 1060 minutes = 17 1/2 hours
    I only have access to the internet 8 hours a day do not have access two days a week and last week missed 4 days.
    and when I am online I have things to do besides playing this game.
    What part of I cannot devote my live to this game did you not understand?
    By what stretch of your overactive imagination I can make 14.8 k red flags?
    8 hours is more than I play and I can easily manage to get 10k+ red flags , it is not that hard since you do not seem to play that much anyways you won't need that many mantlets so you can spend more time producing red flags of which you will not need that many either cause you are not as active, and also mods do not have "special access privileges" lol. 
    Also red flags are only 1% and barely make a difference in glory earned. You have to use tools to kill the wall troops reducing the number of flags you can use. Meanwhile the rich players use ruby glory boosters that give a huge bonus compared to redflags.  Oops did you forget that little detail?
    as for mantlets I do need them I burn through thousands of mantlets per event. It doesn't take that long to use them up.
    Especially in the beri, nomad, and samurai events where attacks take10 minutes or less. 

Why do you build mantlets in Storm when it is much easier to build them in the kingdoms? The stone and wood production in storm is very low so you would have to build to increase production first.
    You don't need to produce resources in storm. You just cap few resource islands and you are done. 

during sam/mad events i rack up res fast and can resupply storm easily.  during sam/mad events i can do a 80k feast in storm and an hour later it is loaded with 80k more for buying another 6 hours.  I can also resupply using the op i farm green towers with.
    There's clearly an issue with how the size of foreign lords and bloodcrows is calculated lately.  its a rarity for me to get anything with over 1k defenders, and if it is then it has a weak castellan and/or is full of attackers.  Yet clearly others are getting better pickings.  I see reports from players within my alliance who get up to 7.5k castles on a fairly regular basis, but there is now an engrained pattern of poor castles in the last 250+ bloodcrows and Foreign Lords, so I've stopped thinking this is just a run of bad luck.  This prompted me to record the size of the first 21 castles I got in this BC event.
    For a level 70 player, with a 6 wave attack and strong commanders, castles with a median size of 624 and maximum of 1114 this event is really not a challenge, especially with castellans mostly with 30-60% melee and ranged bonuses.  If the game is not ever challenging, then what is its purpose?
    I've been contemplating for a long time upgrading my glory symbol on the shield and/or the glory memorial, but the base glory from these castles is so poor that I'm not going to invest in these items.
    These are cornerstone events of the game, but have become intensely frustrating over recent months, but never used to be like this.  What has happenned GGS? 

well if you are getting 624 to 1114 you were lucky. All the members in my alliance were getting between 400 to 675.

The last FL event we just had, got mostly crap targets with an occasional 700 to 800 target.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file