Home Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Ruin Time

This question has been asked many times but no definite answer has been given.

Has anyone derived a formula or know a number of the days that it takes for a castle to go to ruin??

TT

WATCHING GGE

autocorrect changes all crom-unfriendly words to crom on gge cuz groms got something about words that are even allowed in U rated films
i fill forward all crom unfriendly words to crom as a nice person as i know crom loves dealing with that stuff.
semi retired and sick of game - message me in game if u wanna kamikaze ur acc with me.

Quoting does NOT ping the poster. Please @ me if you want my attention. Use " for names with spaces, e.g @ "The Torrent (GB1)"

Comments

• Yes

(Your Level) + 1 day
    my esophagus big. 
  • Taggart (US1)Taggart (US1) US1 Posts: 548
    I don't think it does

^ reached at level 18.
    Taggart @ US1. Level 50 Count Palatine, the Shieldcrusher, 120k MP, proud denier of buying rubies, proud member of Excalibur Echo, proud forum community member.
    Taggart @ Int3

I'm the Sandravlc from ye olde days. Been here since 2014...
    Frenemy of Graycat since 2015

• hey look it is sandra and jeeth 

Astraa009 from the old forums 
    Back on INT1 as Salty Sea
  • Taggart (US1)Taggart (US1) US1 Posts: 548
    ASTRAA!

^ reached at level 18.
    Taggart @ US1. Level 50 Count Palatine, the Shieldcrusher, 120k MP, proud denier of buying rubies, proud member of Excalibur Echo, proud forum community member.
    Taggart @ Int3

I'm the Sandravlc from ye olde days. Been here since 2014...
    Frenemy of Graycat since 2015

• HeroAzure (US1)HeroAzure (US1) US1 Posts: 228
    I quit the game for 3 months and 3 x 36 is 108 days.  I was a level 70/221.  When I came back an attack was incoming.  So I think it was still standing though there were no soldiers in it and it was not in flames and the rubies that I had left in the game were still there.  So that should throw a wrench in the your level plus 1 guesstimate.
    HeroAzure @ usa 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Sam Hurt, Title Cactus Cat
  • I quit the game for 3 months and 3 x 36 is 108 days.  I was a level 70/221.  When I came back an attack was incoming.  So I think it was still standing though there were no soldiers in it and it was not in flames and the rubies that I had left in the game were still there.  So that should throw a wrench in the your level plus 1 guesstimate.
    when you return from ruins all your castles get fires put out. Additionally ruins does not prevent attacks on your ops (if that is where you were being attacked). Additionally i doubt it gives protection from robber barron launching on you if you log in.
  • benja084 (ES1)benja084 (ES1) ES1 Posts: 9,678
    Once you get level 40 it becomes a given ammount of time instead of your level plus one, but I can't remember the formula.

I'll research a little and tomorrow I'll give you a definite answer.
    cat

"There is no such a thing as an empty space or an empty time. There is always something to see, something to hear"
    "To pay attention, that is our endless and propper work"

"No existe tal cosa como un espacio vacío o un tiempo vacio. Siempre hay algo que ver, algo que oír"
    "Prestar atención, ese es nuestro interminable y apropiado trabajo"
  • HeroAzure (US1)HeroAzure (US1) US1 Posts: 228
    The attack was on my main and not my op.  You cannot launch an attack on a ruined main just ops or other kingdoms if they exist.
    HeroAzure @ usa 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Sam Hurt, Title Cactus Cat
  • JYT (US1)JYT (US1) US1 Posts: 895
    edited 22.04.2018
    When you come back after a long period of inactivity, within a minute or so you will get an incoming from an RB, usually ~30-40 mins. When you are in ruins, only OPs and RVs are viable targets. Main castles (including kingdom castles) are unable to be hit.

The ruin time for level 70 is very different from level 68. I think level 70s is somewhere around 2 months for ruin and then 2 months for deletion; below 70 is 1 month each (approximately).
    But I saw once that if you sign in after your castle gets deleted from the map, depending on how soon afterwards, your castle will be put back on the map. (I observed several accounts; one level 68 and one 70/200something) I'm not sure if this is a fluke.
    Though if enough time passes, your account will be deleted entirely. I archived a message from a good friend of mine, who eventually quit. The message still has the sender profile, so if you click on it you can see the progression of the deletion of the account.

First ruins, then castles disappear, leaving a profile of the account (with level, title, coat of arms), and finally it gets reset (level 1, knight, default CoA)
    Discord: JYT#1574
  • Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,232

Instead of us all guessing. Direct from GGS themselves. 
    Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

• OxO (AU1)OxO (AU1) AU1 Posts: 962
    I know of a ruin that was a black dot for ~2 months then ruins for 4 days. Who the fk knows

• hey look it is sandra and jeeth 
    Hey astraa

my esophagus big. 
  • Damn and here I thought this threads was somehow a biotch session on why the underworld has not been around along w/ other activities like Thorn in quite the while? Getting Ruin is an Achievement, can't do it if it never shows up..
  • I'm guessing the time to go into ruins equals to your level, so if you're level 20, it will take about 20 days. Idk about getting removed from the map...
  • ScreamCon (US1)ScreamCon (US1) US1 Posts: 17
    edited 27.04.2018
    The longer deletion time would, and or provide protection service for rubies bought, so that when time to delete account, can be justified to delete account, as they provided a service for the accounts unspent rubies.

Otherwise there could be legal issues for "no service".

Having a time frame based on left over rubies, or bought rubies allows, and or would allow, to delete progress so players would spend more progressing, and allow GoodGame Studio to keep transaction from last account. Makes sense from capitalist stand point.

The specifics on how many rubies needed for time, if it does work this way, is a mystery...at least to me, I hope to provide a non hypothesis answer in the future.
  • SteelSlayer (US1)SteelSlayer (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    No, empire really likes to add in the random variable with their programming. I've had guys here that have had 3 months of black dot and a week till deleted in ruins. And ones that went to ruin 2 weeks into black dot and had 2-3 months of ruins... If you have VIP or bird up you can't be in ruins...
  • eibbed62 (AU1)eibbed62 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 372
    And I am pretty sure that once you are in ruins, you can request that GG delete your account if you no longer want to use it, or if you want to restart under a new account.

I did know that you won't go to ruins while you have a bird up, but the bit about VIP is new to me. Makes sense though because VIP is usually purchased with rubies and, as a business, you wouldn't want to delete an account that still has some ruby value to the client unless they asked you to do it.

Not quite sure what the story is, with all those royal capitals sitting out the back of nowhere, with deleted accounts attached to them though. Would be interesting to find out about that as well

Good luck,
    Debbie
    eibbed62 @ au 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file