Home English (UK) Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

wall bonus? moat bonus? how do they factor?

mrfishy (US1)mrfishy (US1) US1 Posts: 40
edited 31.01.2014 in Players ask Players
the question is really in the title... how does the wall bonus affect an attacking soldier? how does it factor into the equation?
i'm guessing that the same would hold true for the moat
thanks!
Post edited by mrfishy (US1) on
]

Comments

• 123guy123guy Posts: 2,956
    edited 30.01.2014
    If the defender has a wall bonus of say , 40%, their soldiers will have their defence stats raised by 40%. If you use ladders or other tools, you can reduce this to 0%, making it a fair fight. Moat and gate work the same.
    Retired from game, sorry if I answer a question with outdated information

[email protected], General of Ninth Legion, 78th in the alliance honour rankings.

Soon the empire world will be united under one banner...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NationConquerorNationConqueror Posts: 2,273
    edited 30.01.2014
    123guy wrote: »
    If the defender has a wall bonus of say , 40%, their soldiers will have their defence stats raised by 40%. If you use ladders or other tools, you can reduce this to 0%, making it a fair fight. Moat and gate work the same.

Except any wall bonuses 60% and under don't seem to make a difference. The moat does even at 10%, but not the wall unless it's at least 70%.
    Stars of the Desert
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    In the desert by day, drought and dreadful blistering seas of fire-sand leech the life out of those with brittle wills. However, not all that is terrible such as this sea of flames is wholly horrendous. He who has survived the day will find refuge in the desert at night, with cool air and the many stars of the sky to keep him company.

The stars shall guide us to the oasis, to sanctuary, to refuge. We have no reason to fear.
  • mrfishy (US1)mrfishy (US1) US1 Posts: 40
    edited 31.01.2014
    does this go for both ranged and melee defenders?
    ]
  • Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) US1 Posts: 7,183
    edited 31.01.2014
    mrfishy2 wrote: »
    does this go for both ranged and melee defenders?

Yes, but keep in mind if the defender has the set 100% ranged bonus that they always have, and then an additional 80% wall bonus, if we reduce the set 100% to 0 assuming they have no tools with mantlets, then the 80% wall will do absolutely nothing in the way of helping the ranged defenders, and if there were only ranged defenders on the wall, and you sent even just 1 attacker, you would win.
    Proud to have been one of the longest serving members on USA1
    Advocate of speaking up regarding mental health and seeking help
    ***Currently Retired from playing GGE***

Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
  • If my commander has a 40% wall reduction bonus, and their castellan has an 80% wall bonus, what is the strategy for countering their advantage?

If I use autofill, will it automatically put in enough tools to defeat that 40% advantage the casty has? 

I am attacking BCs at the moment, and most of them have 80 to 100% wall bonuses. Their range and melee bonuses are not that great compared to my commanders, so I am good there. But they have me beat on the wall bonus. 

Advice anyone?
  • Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,232
    If my commander has a 40% wall reduction bonus, and their castellan has an 80% wall bonus, what is the strategy for countering their advantage?

If I use autofill, will it automatically put in enough tools to defeat that 40% advantage the casty has? 

I am attacking BCs at the moment, and most of them have 80 to 100% wall bonuses. Their range and melee bonuses are not that great compared to my commanders, so I am good there. But they have me beat on the wall bonus. 

Advice anyone?

You can use a "dummy wave" so just 1 troop in the first wave and it will remove all tools, so in the screenshots above I've highlighted the wall bonuses, so if I wanted I can use only 98% worth of wall tools to reduce it to 0%. As 2 murder holes are worth 100% (so 198-100=98). I'm using a 119% wall reduction comm in the photo (the defender has a 117% wall increase). But due to the wall being an extra 100% bonus he will always have more than me unless I use tools. 

So realistically if you use anything under 100% reduction on your commander you will have to use tools, if you use 120%, you will have to use a MAXIMUM of 10 ladders...

Hope this helps :)
    Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

• Thanks. 

I was told that BC's and FL's only use one wave of tools so the tool burner first wave is all that is needed to drop the defense down to their normal 100% wall and their casty bonus. 
    Is that correct? 

So if their Castellan has a higher wall bonus than my commander I can counter that by adding extra wall tools, enough to account for the difference between my comm and their casty. Is that correct?

Thanks again you guys. 
  • JYT (US1)JYT (US1) US1 Posts: 895
    correct. But only foreigners and bloodcrow have one wave of tools. (side note, berimond watchtowers have 2)
    Other event NPCs have 4 waves.
    Discord: JYT#1574

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file