We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Loyalty Doesn't Exist

I've decided to finally quit the game. I've been playing almost 4 and a half years on the US1 server now and I've seen my share of alliances throughout. I've played two different accounts, my first having been deleted from inactivity back in 2015 when I hit 70 and found the game no longer fun. Once I got back into it I've found the community surrounding GGS. It took me a while to really find an alliance to stick around with but for around a year and a half I spent time with EC (Eternal Champs) back on my original account a couple years ago. After taking a break and coming back to the game I spent around six months with MC (Moving Company) maybe 3ish years ago. This was my first taste of a real PvP alliance. I'm not sure of the exact pacts that existed back then but I do remember that it was back around the time that LoF was the leading alliance before Misc and KoN came along. The alliance I spent almost 3 years ended up being Confederacy-SF. It's part of the Strike Force family, or at least it was. About a year ago we got into a scuffle with GK over a supposed rv take. Kevin was in charge at the time. A grizzled war vet who didn’t take anything from anyone. We put up a fight obviously with only about 20 members above 200k might though it was basically him carrying the load in the fight. That’s when I first saw the cracks in the relationship that was supposedly a family. Both within the SF family and even within our own alliance. Kevin was always known for protecting his own but he never could’ve known that his “grasshoppers” as he called them wouldn’t be there to have his back when he needed them. Kevin to the best of my recollection was completely angry with SF for their lack of support in the war for an alliance that was supposedly part of a family. Immediately Kevin knew that he wouldn’t be able to depend on a family that flaked at the first glimpse of a PvP fight when he knew that he would never back down. Six months later is when he finally realized how loyal his grasshoppers really were. What started as a small disagreement with KoN escalated quickly. Members who had stood by him for years ran for the hills as soon as the fighting started. Kevin who at the time had reached 800k might was positioned to protect his family and fought to the end. But the only one who stayed by him was Sky. And what about SK’s family which we had joined immediately after the war with GK? Never lifted a finger. What happened Grace? How about you Drackor? Why say you’d always be there to help your family and then run with your tail between your legs at the first hint of danger.

I’ll probably get so much flack for this but I have to say my piece. Pacts don’t mean jack. “Loyal” members who have been there for years will run as soon as you can’t protect them. As soon as something bigger or better comes along they’ll run. It’s what I’ve learned from this ordeal. I’ve given everything back to my mentor and throwing in the towel for good this time. To bad I only ever reached legendary 140 and 300k might. What I’ve learned from my experience is probably worth a lot more than anything else this game could’ve given me.

Comments

• Friedrich IV (US1)Friedrich IV (US1) Posts: 1,487
    edited 16.04.2018
    The war with KON escalated because Kevin made the conscious decision to send very vulgar messages to many of us here. If he had held his tongue and not gotten so salty over some glory hits that war wouldn't have been nearly as ugly for him, his alliance, or potentially happened at all. I'm not sure who declared but I know Kevin started the nasty messages and there was a hit sent at a metro.

I'm by no means a fan of SK, but Confederacy was removed from their family because of the nature of Kevin's vulgar messages.

I frankly don't blame all of them for leaving - they were led into a war they were not going to win because of their leader's choices and their leader's choices alone. Not sure if they knew what happened, but if I was there and I did, I'd have been out of there in a snap too. Not going to sit back and defend that lol

EDIT: I'm not really one to consider words worth a fight most of the time, but if I was still an alliance leader and he did that to me I'd have likely had the same reaction to tear him apart.
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1)Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1) Posts: 2,941ASIA1
    This will be off-topic i guess, but..
    Let me tell you something about loyalty in this game.
    Between your alliance, and you.
    Loyalty is hard to earn, hard to get.
    To find a player that will play with you, follow your rules, if you're the leader of that alliance.
    Or like you say, an alliance that support's your back in wars/ problems.
    You will find, yes. Really easy, but there will always be a person to 
    There will always be a person, or an alliance that will have other purposes, other plans.
    And finally, you will be the one who will suffer.
    Why?
    Because you believed in them, you gave them confidence, you had expectations, they would help you, and they would follow you.
    But not in this game, every person, member, and alliance has other purposes. Other purposes than real ones.
    I'll tell you a little story of what happent with me.
    This is what happent to me, a little while ago, I've been in an alliance for three years, Almost 4 years.
    I was in war with the an  alliance that was a competition  for my alliance. Everything was fine, I helped the war, I was burned, I burned people, killed soldiers, and I lost a bunch of soldiers. In war.
    One day my account was blocked because of a problem, so to speak, my account was blocked by my support for 6 hours, and I could not get in the game to save soldiers.
    When the problem was solved, I got into the game, I found out that I lost 30,000 horrors, and  defensive. Less than 6 hours. Since my account was blocked.
    But the worst thing happened after I activated the protection, I started to become inactive, having no  soldiers, coins, rubies.
    And inactive in the alliance. A few members of the alliance I was in, called me a spy, because the thing was that my account was not blocked, that everything was a game that i created"fake" , and that I was the spy of enemy alliance.
    I did not have any evidence to prove they were wrong, even if I showed a print of my account being blocked, when i tryed to log into the account, blocked in the middle of war..
     I've helped a lot the alliance, I've got a lot of prints that I've always been top 1 at various events,and helped the alliance to get and fight for top 1.
    But it doesn't really  matter, and it will never matter how much you dedicate your time and money to an exact alliance. If the leader is a just a tool, members do whatever they want,break the rules of that alliance and loyalty is 0.
    After I got kicked out of that alliance, I saw my own way. I tried to forget everything that happened in that alliance, and I tried to avoid those people/players.
    I learned that it's okay to play for you,your own game, alone. Do not care about those around you unless you have the right people, that you know they will not betray when you need them and when it's harder for you.
    Loyalty is hard to find and have.
    Even if it's your best friend.
    Now i'm in Lord Winchester, an italian alliance with few players, but really cool, i like my leader, i respect all the members.
    And someone said to me once, you have no rank in that alliance, so the leader doesn't trust you. No, you're incorect, to trust a member, you don't have to promote him, or to have a rank. All you need to do is only respect those rules that are in your alliance, made by the leaders/deputyes .
    Having a rank doesn't mean much, at least for me. Is just a tool to activate glory bonus or to end a war, search for players, etc.
    Hope you understood something from what i wrote here :)
    ] - asia 1 / Second player on power -   - 2.8m power - Oct. 04. 2019 

I'm a ghost, but i'm still here.
     To be continued....

• THE MISC
  • loyalty does exist and you'll find the person who will give the same in return and maybe even more, but that person is the rarest thing in this game, most of the players these days are suffering from the "red pixels paranoia", once they see more than 2 incomings on them at the same time they'll follow the eventers' common rule: "every man for himself"
    if you're truly loyal it doesn't matter if your bro is right or wrong...you go down or up with him... this might be just a game and all, everyone here just for fun and at the end of the day it's just a normal game and nothing personal..

but it does reflect the person behind the pixels..it'll show you if he's loyal or not.

Asterius @ USofA1

• I was with Confederacy in its early, pre-LoF days as a small independent alliance.  It was under my old account.  Kevin is loyal ot a fault, but can be volatile at times and that gets him in trouble.  I left the game after the server war with H.I.V.E. when Confederacy was a sub of DefCon, which had moved from LoF to KoN because of LoF's indecision over getting involved hen he clealrly were allies with KoN.  

Kevin had left the game for a while and came back when we were under KoN and members of DefCon.  Things were going well diplomatically and KoN was doing waht he does so well in inspiring players to give it there all.  After I left the game, he had a falling out with the new DefCon leader and struck out on his own again with Confederacy.  They started out firts first as an independent alliance again, then with GK, then with SK.  I hope that they can patch things up and rebound again.

Death Has no Dominion
  • Current Member of The Un~Forgiven (Self Appointed Propagandist)
    Former Proud Member of HITMEN(formerly know as Grumpy Hitmen)
    Former Proud Member of The Ninja Pack, Rastafarians, Rustlin' Jimmies, KingdonOfDeath and Strike Force
    Proud former Recruiter for The Ninja Pack - Crimson Warriors
    And, a very brief Period Of Time in Neph Reapers(Please don't tell The MISC)

https://prnt.sc/immx03
    Making a run for first and your...
    https://prnt.sc/imuxgc
    Then You...
    https://prnt.sc/imupnu
    FML

HIVE Club leader and Creator
    http://prntscr.com/fz0jgz
    http://prntscr.com/fyowm1

GGE Courting Methods
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/358319/bullies#latest
    Well at least. She Posted on my wall.

I am also a self-appointed GGE historian. Back in the day, I was in the Original "Honey Badgers". Until it became part of the fellowship. And, my character fell into ashes over a long hospital stay. And, the use of "xXx" at the beginning and end of the of your name was removed along with my Character. I've been here from the Start B***hes.

• Kozmo (US1)Kozmo (US1) Posts: 373
    You know what else doesn’t exist?

your D...
    Troll Nation
  • The war with KON escalated because Kevin made the conscious decision to send very vulgar messages to many of us here. If he had held his tongue and not gotten so salty over some glory hits that war wouldn't have been nearly as ugly for him, his alliance, or potentially happened at all. I'm not sure who declared but I know Kevin started the nasty messages and there was a hit sent at a metro.

I'm by no means a fan of SK, but Confederacy was removed from their family because of the nature of Kevin's vulgar messages.

I frankly don't blame all of them for leaving - they were led into a war they were not going to win because of their leader's choices and their leader's choices alone. Not sure if they knew what happened, but if I was there and I did, I'd have been out of there in a snap too. Not going to sit back and defend that lol

EDIT: I'm not really one to consider words worth a fight most of the time, but if I was still an alliance leader and he did that to me I'd have likely had the same reaction to tear him apart.
    LOL. Why do people have to run their mouths.
  • I've decided to finally quit the game. I've been playing almost 4 and a half years on the US1 server now and I've seen my share of alliances throughout. I've played two different accounts, my first having been deleted from inactivity back in 2015 when I hit 70 and found the game no longer fun. Once I got back into it I've found the community surrounding GGS. It took me a while to really find an alliance to stick around with but for around a year and a half I spent time with EC (Eternal Champs) back on my original account a couple years ago. After taking a break and coming back to the game I spent around six months with MC (Moving Company) maybe 3ish years ago. This was my first taste of a real PvP alliance. I'm not sure of the exact pacts that existed back then but I do remember that it was back around the time that LoF was the leading alliance before Misc and KoN came along. The alliance I spent almost 3 years ended up being Confederacy-SF. It's part of the Strike Force family, or at least it was. About a year ago we got into a scuffle with GK over a supposed rv take. Kevin was in charge at the time. A grizzled war vet who didn’t take anything from anyone. We put up a fight obviously with only about 20 members above 200k might though it was basically him carrying the load in the fight. That’s when I first saw the cracks in the relationship that was supposedly a family. Both within the SF family and even within our own alliance. Kevin was always known for protecting his own but he never could’ve known that his “grasshoppers” as he called them wouldn’t be there to have his back when he needed them. Kevin to the best of my recollection was completely angry with SF for their lack of support in the war for an alliance that was supposedly part of a family. Immediately Kevin knew that he wouldn’t be able to depend on a family that flaked at the first glimpse of a PvP fight when he knew that he would never back down. Six months later is when he finally realized how loyal his grasshoppers really were. What started as a small disagreement with KoN escalated quickly. Members who had stood by him for years ran for the hills as soon as the fighting started. Kevin who at the time had reached 800k might was positioned to protect his family and fought to the end. But the only one who stayed by him was Sky. And what about SK’s family which we had joined immediately after the war with GK? Never lifted a finger. What happened Grace? How about you Drackor? Why say you’d always be there to help your family and then run with your tail between your legs at the first hint of danger.

I’ll probably get so much flack for this but I have to say my piece. Pacts don’t mean jack. “Loyal” members who have been there for years will run as soon as you can’t protect them. As soon as something bigger or better comes along they’ll run. It’s what I’ve learned from this ordeal. I’ve given everything back to my mentor and throwing in the towel for good this time. To bad I only ever reached legendary 140 and 300k might. What I’ve learned from my experience is probably worth a lot more than anything else this game could’ve given me.

Funny cause your leader sent me a dozen messages and left as a sub before i even had a chance to log in from work and reply lol 
    Plus it was like the 4th time that war that started up and we had helped in the past aaaaand im like 99% sure that kmsoudplayer started those wars with his mouth like he did with kon
    Black Knight 10 @ usa 1
    Leader of StrikeForce
  • Stewy (US1)Stewy (US1) Posts: 1US1
    I was part of Confederacy when the onslaught hit. No one in that alliance knew what was going on when we were slaughtered. I opened the gates and spent 40000 rubies to put out the fires. 2 minutes after the gates closed I was burning with 2 hits coming after I was in flames again. Kevin always told us to never attack the alliance that he attacked TWICE back to back to try and impress one of the ladies that was with us.. How do you defend when your offline and your attack op's are the 1st thing hit. 7000 attackers gone because a drunk was shooting his mouth off. I will stand by my alliance but not when it is run by an arrogant foul mouthed moron. He finally told everyone to leave as we had received a message that we will continue to be hit until we either leave or start fresh. Josh, you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. You didn't tell the whole story of why we were no longer with SK. Nobody in the alliance knew what he was doing from one day to another. Funny how Kevin and I are the same age yet he was a Nam vet. NOT OLD ENOUGH to have done what he bragged about. I really liked him at one time which is why I was there, but he ruined it for all of us.  I don't blame them for retaliating for his comments. Hitting someone 3 times in a row when they are burning like crazy isn't the way we play the game. Kevin got what he deserved in my opinion but the continuous hits against the others were uncalled for. I was hit after I left the alliance. We are much happier without him. Now we play, laugh and enjoy the game which is just that...A GAME. 
  • You know what else doesn’t exist?

your D...
    How'd you figure that?
  • Taggart (US1)Taggart (US1) Posts: 548US1
    Loyalty exists, but not really often. You also can't truly know if a person is loyal until the hardest of times arrive, THAT's the true test of loyalty.

^ reached at level 18.
    Taggart @ US1. Level 50 Count Palatine, the Shieldcrusher, 120k MP, proud denier of buying rubies, proud member of Excalibur Echo, proud forum community member.
    Taggart @ Int3

I'm the Sandravlc from ye olde days. Been here since 2014...
    Frenemy of Graycat since 2015

• Black Knight 10 (US1) said:
    Loyalty exists, but not really often. You also can't truly know if a person is loyal until the hardest of times arrive, THAT's the true test of loyalty.

I've decided to finally quit the game. I've been playing almost 4 and a half years on the US1 server now and I've seen my share of alliances throughout. I've played two different accounts, my first having been deleted from inactivity back in 2015 when I hit 70 and found the game no longer fun. Once I got back into it I've found the community surrounding GGS. It took me a while to really find an alliance to stick around with but for around a year and a half I spent time with EC (Eternal Champs) back on my original account a couple years ago. After taking a break and coming back to the game I spent around six months with MC (Moving Company) maybe 3ish years ago. This was my first taste of a real PvP alliance. I'm not sure of the exact pacts that existed back then but I do remember that it was back around the time that LoF was the leading alliance before Misc and KoN came along. The alliance I spent almost 3 years ended up being Confederacy-SF. It's part of the Strike Force family, or at least it was. About a year ago we got into a scuffle with GK over a supposed rv take. Kevin was in charge at the time. A grizzled war vet who didn’t take anything from anyone. We put up a fight obviously with only about 20 members above 200k might though it was basically him carrying the load in the fight. That’s when I first saw the cracks in the relationship that was supposedly a family. Both within the SF family and even within our own alliance. Kevin was always known for protecting his own but he never could’ve known that his “grasshoppers” as he called them wouldn’t be there to have his back when he needed them. Kevin to the best of my recollection was completely angry with SF for their lack of support in the war for an alliance that was supposedly part of a family. Immediately Kevin knew that he wouldn’t be able to depend on a family that flaked at the first glimpse of a PvP fight when he knew that he would never back down. Six months later is when he finally realized how loyal his grasshoppers really were. What started as a small disagreement with KoN escalated quickly. Members who had stood by him for years ran for the hills as soon as the fighting started. Kevin who at the time had reached 800k might was positioned to protect his family and fought to the end. But the only one who stayed by him was Sky. And what about SK’s family which we had joined immediately after the war with GK? Never lifted a finger. What happened Grace? How about you Drackor? Why say you’d always be there to help your family and then run with your tail between your legs at the first hint of danger.

Funny cause your leader sent me a dozen messages and left as a sub before i even had a chance to log in from work and reply lol 
    Plus it was like the 4th time that war that started up and we had helped in the past aaaaand im like 99% sure that kmsoudplayer started those wars with his mouth like he did with kon

kmsoudplayer @ usa 1
  • funny bk you know the truth,, speak it son
    kmsoudplayer @ usa 1
  • and I am something you will never be,, and that is a man that stands
    kmsoudplayer @ usa 1
  • words don't make a man, action does
    kmsoudplayer @ usa 1
  • I was part of Confederacy when the onslaught hit. No one in that alliance knew what was going on when we were slaughtered. I opened the gates and spent 40000 rubies to put out the fires. 2 minutes after the gates closed I was burning with 2 hits coming after I was in flames again. Kevin always told us to never attack the alliance that he attacked TWICE back to back to try and impress one of the ladies that was with us.. How do you defend when your offline and your attack op's are the 1st thing hit. 7000 attackers gone because a drunk was shooting his mouth off. I will stand by my alliance but not when it is run by an arrogant foul mouthed moron. He finally told everyone to leave as we had received a message that we will continue to be hit until we either leave or start fresh. Josh, you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. You didn't tell the whole story of why we were no longer with SK. Nobody in the alliance knew what he was doing from one day to another. Funny how Kevin and I are the same age yet he was a Nam vet. NOT OLD ENOUGH to have done what he bragged about. I really liked him at one time which is why I was there, but he ruined it for all of us.  I don't blame them for retaliating for his comments. Hitting someone 3 times in a row when they are burning like crazy isn't the way we play the game. Kevin got what he deserved in my opinion but the continuous hits against the others were uncalled for. I was hit after I left the alliance. We are much happier without him. Now we play, laugh and enjoy the game which is just that...A GAME. 

kmsoudplayer @ usa 1
  • Bear Grills (US1)Bear Grills (US1) Posts: 306
    edited 23.04.2018
    so you [female genitals] keep fighting with words
    You're the only one talking though...

The last 8 posts are from you, chill out dude. Also, your signature strongly suggests you are an alt.
    Post edited by Bear Grills (US1) on
  • Lady Twilight (US1)Lady Twilight (US1) Posts: 150US1
    edited 23.04.2018

BM_Friedrich can you shut this one up already?
    Post edited by Temprance on
    Lady Twilight @ usa 1
  • TannerM. (US1)TannerM. (US1) Posts: 2,692US1
    so you pussies keep fighting with words
    You're the only one talking though...

The last 8 posts are from you, chill out dude. Also, your signature strongly suggests you are an alt.
    Lol'd @ the signature
    nHIylr9gif = The battle plan

The Ningdom now and forever - Serry 

Hion has a small dink
This discussion has been closed.