Home General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

A message about popups

BM Neroxnex BM Neroxnex Posts: 804
edited 17.06.2019 in General Discussion
Hello,

I understand there are some mixed feelings going around about popups. I've seen a lot of feedback ranging from both constructive and destructive around this topic. For the most part I have forwarded your words onto the rest of the team who said as of yesterday they would investigate what is going on.

I remind everyone that GoodGame Studios is free to play and them marketing their in-game purchases is how they stay open. While it can be annoying and even disrupt some gameplay, this is not their intention. This is why your BM team has advocated this on your behalf to those who can make decisions. 

Going forward we need to keep the forums a little cleaner around this subject. People are opening a multitude of threads, derailing other threads by pulling them to the subject of popups, and even provoking each other. I've seen people defending popups and I've seen people going against popups. The clashes and needless arguments are truly needless.

To help keep all the information centralized and clean I'm opening this thread where all of your comments about popups can go. I will also merge any new threads about popups into this one, so please don't open any new ones, use the search function before posting. Finally, let's keep it clean. It's frustrating, but let's use this thread as a way to share information instead of flame each other. We will remove posts that do so that way we can keep this thread open for input, we don't want to censor anyone who has credible things to say. 

I will also use this to inform you all of any developments. As you know, I cannot say anything on behalf of GGS, but once they have a message to relay I will be sure to post it. Thank you for your understanding.
Post edited by Crom Cruach on

Comments

• Personally, I like the pop-up. But, I wish they came less frequently and had better options at choosing your prize level. Right now I'd like to spend $50 instead of the $100 I usually do and the pop for the select your tools have gotten so high I need $100 dollars to buy it. It has the skips I want and need to continue scoring in my events but are currently out of reach in my budget and would like to have a 50k option at this moment. 

It would be nice if you could have some sort of budget slider. Understand increase is done with revenue in mind and the offer of more items to purchase. But, if this was implemented I'd be more than likely to buy packages more frequently because the rewards cost would be in my budget and I could get the most for my money. 

I really, don't mind the 3 prize level pre ruby purchase unlocked based on the amount. Because of the prizes increase with the number of rubies purchased. But, a slider on that would be nice too. Although the prizes haven't changed for the 50k level all that much. I used to get 6 hours for what is now the price of 4 hours. That is my only complaint with it and that it doesn't have as many skips in the first tear as it used to when the purchase 50k instead of 85k. If you could somehow make this feature a little better it would be awesome.

I thought I'd just mention that...

As well as more access to Ruby Doublers... hahahahahahaha I could really use one right now. I am not going to lie I can never have enough of them.

Current Member of The Red Army
    Former Member of The Un~Forgiven (Self Appointed Propagandist)
    Former Proud Member of HITMEN(formerly know as Grumpy Hitmen)
    Former Proud Member of The Ninja Pack, Rastafarians, Rustlin' Jimmies, KingdonOfDeath and Strike Force
    Proud former Recruiter for The Ninja Pack - Crimson Warriors
    And, a very brief Period Of Time in Neph Reapers(Please don't tell The MISC)

https://prnt.sc/immx03
    Making a run for first and your...
    https://prnt.sc/imuxgc
    Then You...
    https://prnt.sc/imupnu
    FML

HIVE Club leader and Creator
    http://prntscr.com/fz0jgz
    http://prntscr.com/fyowm1

GGE Courting Methods
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/358319/bullies#latest
    Well at least. She Posted on my wall.

I am also a self-appointed GGE historian. Back in the day, I was in the Original "Honey Badgers". Until it became part of the fellowship. And, my character fell into ashes over a long hospital stay. And, the use of "xXx" at the beginning and end of the of your name was removed along with my Character. I've been here from the Start, boi.

• Peter John (US1)Peter John (US1) US1 Posts: 837
    edited 10.04.2018
    The pop-up can be centralized. A small notification on the corner for example (user will be free to open it if (s)he really want to know right away). Clicking that will open all offers (in icon) and click the icon will open the individual offer.

Or at least the pop-up can be delayed if the player is doing something (i.e. having other window open). What annoying is that you are setting up your attack and 2 or 3 ad popping up a few sec. to each other. What's wrong with delaying them until you close whatever windows task the player is on. It's only delaying a few sec. of min. at most until the player is back to the background view (i.e. finish whatever he's doing).

There are a bunch of way to handle the in-game advertisement WITHOUT hindering the actual playing experience. May be if GGS Developer just for once a year actually use their brain???
  • why not have pop-ups decrease for a couple days if one is purchased. That way people get an added bonus.
  • The pop-up can be centralized. A small notification on the corner for example (user will be free to open it if (s)he really want to know right away). Clicking that will open all offers (in icon) and click the icon will open the individual offer.

Or at least the pop-up can be delayed if the player is doing something (i.e. having other window open). What annoying is that you are setting up your attack and 2 or 3 ad popping up a few sec. to each other. What's wrong with delaying them until you close whatever windows task the player is on. It's only delaying a few sec. of min. at most until the player is back to the background view (i.e. finish whatever he's doing).

There are a bunch of way to handle the in-game advertisement WITHOUT hindering the actual playing experience. May be if GGS Developer just for once a year actually use their brain???
    They could also just send it to your message box. and you can click on the offers to see them an purchase them until they expire and then can be deleted. There are plenty of ways they could go about this. This option would as free up screen user interface and you wouldn't have more the screen to get around them and perform an attack or espionage without it in the way. I don't mind the way it is right now. But, if you're going to change the locations of offers it would be nice. To free up the screen also. But, the current system also seems fine to me. Used just need to reduce the pop times from every 30 mins to once an hour maybe.

I like seeing the offers come up on the screen to see what they are offering. But, I rarely ever buy the moment one pops up in my face. You can also have it on the side where it indicates a new offer and it just shows for a brief few seconds and then goes away. Just kinda rolls out across the page shows itself and goes in the the offer section.

Although pop-up is one weapon in fighting the use of bots. I was told once by a botter the pop-up now stops there macros from working and the can't cheat anymore.

But, I am definitely with the idea of it letting you end you function without popping up and running your click time. The only problem is that this would still interfere with time-skipping nomad and samurai camps while running your trains on them. Which is the only time I find these pop up to be a real hassle. I don't want to "no battle" an attack I already sent. I can admit though that rarely happens that I don't have time to close the add and continue training.

Former Proud Member of The Ninja Pack, Rastafarians, Rustlin' Jimmies, KingdonOfDeath and Strike Force

Then You...
    FML

GGE Courting Methods
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/358319/bullies#latest

I am also a self-appointed GGE historian. Back in the day, I was in the Original "Honey Badgers". Until it became part of the fellowship. And, my character fell into ashes over a long hospital stay. And, the use of "xXx" at the beginning and end of the of your name was removed along with my Character. I've been here from the Start, boi.

• why not have pop-ups decrease for a couple days if one is purchased. That way people get an added bonus.
    That would discourage people from buying lol

Same idea as the personals being a bad idea, the more you buy the less you get, if it was the opposite people would likely buy more..
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
    That would discourage people from buying lol

Same idea as the personals being a bad idea, the more you buy the less you get, if it was the opposite people would likely buy more..
    Jumping on YouBloodyBase's idea of moving the pop-ups to the mail box. How about if a popup is purchased, for the next 24 hours all offers are instead sent to your mailbox instead. This way players who buy a pop-up add get the added bonus of not getting more popups while still having access to all future popups via the inbox.
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,038
    Personally, I like the pop-up. But, I wish they came less frequently and had better options at choosing your prize level. Right now I'd like to spend $50 instead of the $100 I usually do and the pop for the select your tools have gotten so high I need $100 dollars to buy it. It has the skips I want and need to continue scoring in my events but are currently out of reach in my budget and would like to have a 50k option at this moment. 

It would be nice if you could have some sort of budget slider. Understand increase is done with revenue in mind and the offer of more items to purchase. But, if this was implemented I'd be more than likely to buy packages more frequently because the rewards cost would be in my budget and I could get the most for my money. 

I really, don't mind the 3 prize level pre ruby purchase unlocked based on the amount. Because of the prizes increase with the number of rubies purchased. But, a slider on that would be nice too. Although the prizes haven't changed for the 50k level all that much. I used to get 6 hours for what is now the price of 4 hours. That is my only complaint with it and that it doesn't have as many skips in the first tear as it used to when the purchase 50k instead of 85k. If you could somehow make this feature a little better it would be awesome.

As well as more access to Ruby Doublers... hahahahahahaha I could really use one right now. I am not going to lie I can never have enough of them.

That's actually a cool idea. Having a slider to pick a certain reward with it's price attached. They actually have that on their new game Millennium Wars. Bringing it here could increase sales for them instead of forcing the higher dollar value.
    I can gurantee I'd spend like 50% more then maybe even more thasmn 50% more and a lot moe ppl would spend more

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • i think someting is worng when i can bee afk for like 30min at see over 4 new offers, some of the worst days i saw over 50 shiftes where there normaly was maby 6-7 

• Kage (ASIA1)Kage (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,943
    Since I buy rubies in this game, and spend money.
    Monthly, at least 100/150 euro.
    I can say a few words about these irregularities, that players call.
    The offers are ok, time is a little careless. But gg's you can do something in that regard.
    Add a longer time in the 20-minute offers.
    Try to make a group of 2 offers, like 2 groups of offers.
    Those with longer and shorter time.
    I have no problem with the spam offers, since is ggs...
    And on the other hand, there are really good deals'offers, especially when it's berimond or the fl/bc event.
    There are offers up to 4,000 soldiers, only soldiers.
    When you're in the middle of a war and looking for an offer, that's what you're looking for.
    ] - asia 1 / Second player on power -   - 2.8m power - Oct. 04. 2019 

I'm a ghost, but i'm still here.
     To be continued....

• David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 11.04.2018
    Well. The pop ups have come back, but GGS needs to be careful that they not have too many of them that are more likely to annoy players if the pop ups show up too much. Maybe a few pop ups per day would be okay, but we do not necessarily need one every few minutes or so that may disrupt activities in the game as well. Plus, I often spend money on the game only once a month.
    Post edited by David Noble (US1) on
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,232
    I think this is a case of less is more.

You put more offers out: People will buy less often as they get the offer they want all the time

Less offers: People will focus on buying a lot of what they want as it rarely comes out.

I know when I was buying I would wait days until I got the perfect offer to come out and I would spend HARD.

But then again ruby whales will buy whenever they feel like as they are the main source of income for GGS.
    Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

• Tony C (INT1)Tony C (INT1) INT1 Posts: 59
    I think most people understand the need for pop-ips in a free game. Until recently, the level of pop-ups was what I felt reasonable.
    The problem recently I have found is: 1) two pop-ups at the same time which is much more annoying, and 2) often the same offer is repeated many times in a short space of time.

Each time a pop-up appears it slows down gameplay, and perhaps the dev's don't realise that if you are on a weaker internet connection the pop up can take a good 10 seconds or more to load each time. When I play at home it's quite fast, but if I play when away on a work trip using hotel wifi, each pop-up can literally take 10-15 seconds to load.

Just reduce the number/frequency of them a bit, back to a reasonable level again.

Tony C @ WWW 1
  • Personally, I like the pop-up. But, I wish they came less frequently and had better options at choosing your prize level. Right now I'd like to spend $50 instead of the $100 I usually do and the pop for the select your tools have gotten so high I need $100 dollars to buy it. It has the skips I want and need to continue scoring in my events but are currently out of reach in my budget and would like to have a 50k option at this moment. 

That's actually a cool idea. Having a slider to pick a certain reward with it's price attached. They actually have that on their new game Millennium Wars. Bringing it here could increase sales for them instead of forcing the higher dollar value.
    I can gurantee I'd spend like 50% more then maybe even more thasmn 50% more and a lot moe ppl would spend more

I know for a fact. I didn't spend today. Even though I wanted too. Because I couldn't get the value/ skips from the build your own selection special offer. And, I'd go through the skips in the first tier of the 3 tiered offer... Are you kidding me? I'd go through the bonus in the first 2 hours and be able to hit 4 time total within the last 2 hours of the offer. It doesn't take me too long to use to hit 70 times. When I am using 14 commanders in a long train. Literally, 5 runs and done... and won't be able to use my bonus... If I had a slider or a button to lower my offers. I would have been able to pick up the skips I need to continue with my Season points booster and which I really want to buy skips for and would waste a whole 4 hours of.

I guess I am whining a bit about my current situation and predicament. But, needless to say, something came up and I needed to spend the last $67 I had left for gaming this month. And, if the offer would have been better. I'd have been certain to buy. And, be able to continue hitting hard until my fingers fall off. I guess it's holding skips for the nomads. Hoping my offer drops by then and hitting barons and buying mercs for more skips. But, I am going to want to hit my 6-hour bonus with the 38 hits worth I have... So, yeah me.

To me, it didn't seem like a real value because I'd only be paying for a 4-hour bonus half of which I couldn't use and blowing 4 of my 6 hour season booster which it looks like I m going to end up blowing anyway. Because I need to spend 50,000 Samurai tokens to get the next step of my queen's quest. 

Help me, help you GGE. Time Skips and Bonuses are computer-generated objects although you created value you on them it would not harm you to help your player out. When you give your players more value for lower revenue reserves. Seriously, the odd one time $5 or $10 or $20 offer among all the high prices the occurs may actually help you generate money through people with limited funds. 

Imagine, if I could have made a 2-hour bonus for one time for $20 value, wouldn't be unfair to other consumers and would have also made me buy because I wouldn't feel like I was wasting the value I had. No one wants to be waste full. Which is why some people want to find value in the little bit of gaming that we have. You can see I spend a good amount of money on the game when I am playing it. So, when I finally running low a gaming cash to spend I'd like to find the value for my money and actually be able to play the game. As of right now. I am so bored in the game I m trolling everyone on the board.

And, really contributing to this thread. Somewhat regretting not spending or holding on the money for what little value the game had for it. I could have put the life issue event off for a while and it really wouldn't have affected anything much. But, the value of your items did affect the conditions as to whether or not I purchased today. I'd have spent all $67 and you could have had it all if I had the right value that is usually provided to the game.

I hope this pitch get forwarded to the Devs and I'll be able to find full enjoyment in the game that I love. Finding value for my money. While fixing the number of interruptions caused during gameplay improving them for everyone's benefit of them, including me, you and GGE! 

"Deprived of joy because of $13 and a stupid virtual objects that were just outreach. Emotionally, harming myself and GGE's small purchase revenues."

"This is me on the inside right, now."

"If you are going to cry about something make it, good!"

True Crybaby Hypocrite, 
    @YourBloodyBase (US1)

Then You...
    FML

GGE Courting Methods

• miriam (SKN1)miriam (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 42
    Pop ups are ok and now  is the frekvent ok also. But during last weekend they was as maniac - you could not buy any rubys - offers was coming and going in so fast frekvent that no time to  go to shop - and gamexperience was not either the best one .  And again , why I have a feelings that we customesr here have now  a wrong attitude , when we want a good game experience. To neclekt popups problematic is to neklect your customers ?  
    miriam @ skn 1
  • Outrageously overpowered. 

I think they could easily condense it to one icon in the bottom right, with a window somewhat like the one you see when you log in after your alliance got a bunch of rewards that pops up when the offers change.

They'd have to sync up all the times, which would mean you'd probably have to wait longer to get that perfect combination of offers, but it would definitely cut down on popup traffic which I'm sure affects the flash memory issues in a vastly negative way.

And it'd be way nicer for us to see 1 window every like 4 hours instead of 3 every half hour.
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file