Home English (UK) Strategy & Tactics Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

The best commanders

157»

Comments

• SKINK (AU1)SKINK (AU1) Posts: 690
    Very noice :)
    Relationship with GGE (Its complicated) | Proud non-ruby buyer (Sort of) | I have a life (Barely)

@aus1 ~ SKINK - Level 70 - OVERLORDS -The Fearless - Honor : 2k

Level 68 vs Level 70 legendary 444

• louisbob (AU1)louisbob (AU1) Posts: 19
    edited 17.11.2015
    i do not agree with any of this

ranged and melee 90/90 thats all u need to worry about

send an attack with 90/90  on gate and wall
    then with with 90/90 ranged and melee and tell me how it goes
    but if anyone tries to say adding gate and wall and not bothering with melee and ranged is talking complete BS
    u dont need gate and wall on coms if u can get that in with a 90/90 sure its great but not gonna work on its own 

its what u have tools for ........
  • louisbob (AU1)louisbob (AU1) Posts: 19
    edited 17.11.2015
    also with the reports he has posted

A, it does not show if tools were used etc
    B, it doesnt show if the guy he attacked even had defenders could be all attackers
    C, no cast was shown you can easly use any com and win against someone with no cast

• i do not agree with any of this

ranged and melee 90/90 thats all u need to worry about

send an attack with 90/90  on gate and wall
    then with with 90/90 ranged and melee and tell me how it goes
    but if anyone tries to say adding gate and wall and not bothering with melee and ranged is talking complete BS
    u dont need gate and wall on coms if u can get that in with a 90/90 sure its great but not gonna work on its own 

its what u have tools for ........
    tools are great and are there to be used, but they cant do it all. if i had 40 tools per flank, and only 2 slots, then i have to chose what tools to put. if i put wall and mantlet tools, they may put heavy moat tools. a 90/90 is nice, but unless you have some other good bonus's or ruby tools, its not to good.

if you had an option of 90/90 and a few random weak bonus's, or a 90 range -100 wall, i would take the 90 range. melee are not to great of troops anyways. i see tons of all range armies with 90 range commanders and then large defense reduction things, but i rarely see a full melee army going at someone.
    also with the reports he has posted

A, it does not show if tools were used etc
    B, it doesnt show if the guy he attacked even had defenders could be all attackers
    C, no cast was shown you can easly use any com and win against someone with no cast

true, his reports dont show to much. anyone can lose an army of 1K or more men if they dont tool it up right. if they tool up an army right though, and use a good commander, then the losses will always be fairly high, not things like 40 men lots on the defense
    im batman
    furture @ EN1
  • Pallu (IN1)Pallu (IN1) Posts: 569
    This is a troll post... duh...
    A Pattern, Maybe? http://prntscr.com/9fceqb

My main castle: http://prntscr.com/9fcfmb

• 90/90 is the way to go

Don't forget that even 90/90 can have wall & moat.
    Asia 1/ United Forces
  • Lord Roj (GB1)Lord Roj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,125
    This thread was started before gems, ie the 30% CY bonus fro 3 flanks was a big deal, its not now, its pretty easy to take 60%plus bonus into CY without winning 3 flanks so just let this thread die.
    Lord Roj @ en 1
  • #Liveon 
    Lord septimus @us1
  • Pallu (IN1)Pallu (IN1) Posts: 569
    edited 18.11.2015
    This thread was started before gems, ie the 30% CY bonus fro 3 flanks was a big deal, its not now, its pretty easy to take 60%plus bonus * into CY without winning 3 flanks so just let this thread die.
    * If you're a large ruby buyer
    A Pattern, Maybe? http://prntscr.com/9fceqb

My main castle: http://prntscr.com/9fcfmb

• Lord Roj (GB1)Lord Roj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,125
    edited 19.11.2015
    This thread was started before gems, ie the 30% CY bonus fro 3 flanks was a big deal, its not now, its pretty easy to take 60%plus bonus * into CY without winning 3 flanks so just let this thread die.
    * If you're a large ruby buyer

Not true, I have 63% on one commander (nothing on flank mind) from looted / event gems (2 lvl 5 and 2 lvl 6) and looted hero.
    Lord Roj @ en 1
  • Cordial Warrior (US1)Cordial Warrior (US1) US1 Posts: 59
    edited 27.03.2018
    I am relatively new to the game and don't claim to be an authority on this issue. I have one 9 piece castellan and one 9 piece commander. Both have strong 'side bonuses', i.e. wall, gate, moat, etc. 
    It seems to me that the side bonuses are very important, both in offense and defense. But I cannot discount the importance of the soldier bonuses. Once in the courtyard the battle is decided by the stronger force as determined  by (soldier strength x number of soldiers x bonuses of either commander or castellan, both soldier and courtyard. ). 

A good 9 piece set commander usually has high bonuses on soldier strength as well as good side bonuses. But when making a "home made" commander, mixing equipment pieces together and adding gems, it isn't as easy to get them all high. 

The question of which attributes are the most important is one I can't answer definitively. But it seems to me that since the battle ends in the courtyard, you need to have soldier bonuses, melee and range, to give as much advantage as possible there, especially if the castellan you're going up against has them. 
    For this reason I have been focusing on melee and range bonuses first, and giving secondary importance to the side bonuses. 
    If I have to I can use a lot of ruby tools to get past a strong wall, gate, and moat. I don't have such an option for augmenting my soldier strength in the courtyard when my opponents are stronger. So I have to make sure mine are as strong as I can make them. 
  • I am relatively new to the game and don't claim to be an authority on this issue. I have one 9 piece castellan and one 9 piece commander. Both have strong 'side bonuses', i.e. wall, gate, moat, etc. 
    It seems to me that the side bonuses are very important, both in offense and defense. But I cannot discount the importance of the soldier bonuses. Once in the courtyard the battle is decided by the stronger force as determined  by (soldier strength x number of soldiers x bonuses of either commander or castellan, both soldier and courtyard. ). 

A good 9 piece set commander usually has high bonuses on soldier strength as well as good side bonuses. But when making a "home made" commander, mixing equipment pieces together and adding gems, it isn't as easy to get them all high. 

The question of which attributes are the most important is one I can't answer definitively. But it seems to me that since the battle ends in the courtyard, you need to have soldier bonuses, melee and range, to give as much advantage as possible there, especially if the castellan you're going up against has them. 
    For this reason I have been focusing on melee and range bonuses first, and giving secondary importance to the side bonuses. 
    If I have to I can use a lot of ruby tools to get past a strong wall, gate, and moat. I don't have such an option for augmenting my soldier strength in the courtyard when my opponents are stronger. So I have to make sure mine are as strong as I can make them. 
    Talk about a necro.

In any case, the most important attributes will always depend upon the context of the battle. A commander that is ideal for PvP will be different than one ideal for FCs or Nomads or Storm, because those are all different scenarios.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file