Home English (UK) War Updates

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

How to solve PvP. A few ideas.

champdavid (US1)champdavid (US1) Posts: 665
edited 16.03.2018 in War Updates
1) Bring back alliance tournament. (The real one not the alliance event tournament) Once a month.
2) Give real rewards for PvP. For top rewards (aside from glory %,  give 3k horrors (each) to top 10 2k to top 100 1.5k to top 200 1k to top 500 and top 1k gets 500 each.) Rest get some other troops less and worse....
3)  Make honor drop by 2% every week for people below 2500 honor. This makes most people hit at least once a week. 
4) Make a 1 day break between each event.
5) Reduce the cost for Armour Tools . All tool prices should be halved. 
6) More PvP commanders.... Not NPC commanders

#s 1 and 5 are the most important rest are suggestions.

Why should i hit PvP when i could hit Foreigners for 0 tools better rewards etc.... 

Just an idea...

Champ
Post edited by champdavid (US1) on

Comments

• ken.n (US1)ken.n (US1) US1 Posts: 136
    They give plenty of armor tools in event rewards more than enough to do a couple of PVP hits a week without paying $10 per hit.
    ken.n @ usa 1
  • Like all of these except 3 and 5

3) hell no, you know how hard it is to beat a player in a strong alliance who's gonna get plenty of support most of the time? You have 2k honor, obviously you don't know how hard it is to get honor when at the top lvls

5) In case you haven't noticed there's 80% tool discounts appearing fairly regularly.

3) maybe.... thats a fair point

but for gge it would force people to hit way more often.

Its also the only one here which HELPS gge make money.

5) if there are 80% boosts all the time we might as well have it 50% off and get 50-60% off like we have now...
  • Turtle24 (US1)Turtle24 (US1) US1 Posts: 546

Like all of these except 3 and 5

3) hell no, you know how hard it is to beat a player in a strong alliance who's gonna get plenty of support most of the time? You have 2k honor, obviously you don't know how hard it is to get honor when at the top lvls

5) In case you haven't noticed there's 80% tool discounts appearing fairly regularly.

3) maybe.... thats a fair point

but for gge it would force people to hit way more often.

Its also the only one here which HELPS gge make money.

5) if there are 80% boosts all the time we might as well have it 50% off and get 50-60% off like we have now...

Maybe a percentage deduction for those at lower honor levels where its easier to gain honor, but I would lose 70 honor a week with a 2% loss, and it's basically impossible for me to gain that much back now.

And 1 would help gge make money, people buy flags for the tourney

There's no need for any change regarding 5, and as ken.n said, we get enough from events to make hits

Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

• Katukov (US1)Katukov (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    edited 16.03.2018
    I don't think GGS needs to implement any of the things you said. The problem isn't PVP itself, but the alliances incentive to PVP. 
    Most alliances are too far into events. They dug that hole and forgot the PVP aspect of this game. There's nothing wrong with Pvp'ing and eventing, however, most alliances went full event turtle mode. I could name a couple of alliances who haven't been in a war for months/years. 

It is safe to say that there are only a few remaining PVP alliances. About 5 out of the top 20 I know still do PVP and that's stretching it. 

Then there is the problem of GGS. Converting a glory tourney into an event tourney, don't even get me started.....

The game is supposed to be Pvp first, then events. You fight (PVP) and play events to further gear. Not the way it's being played now, full events for some. 

To each their own, I guess. I'll just continue doing what I do best. Getting the finest crymail ;)

Edit: No one should be complaining about tools either. GGS's implementation of gettign tools back should've been a huge PVP boost since a lot of folks complained about it. Not to add their sales of up to 80% on tools. 
  • ways to fix Pvp
    1. Bring back comms/casts that are geared towards pvp instead of NPC's in LTPE
    Please increase the size of your signature
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,051
    ways to fix Pvp
    1. Bring back comms/casts that are geared towards pvp instead of NPC's in LTPE
    there are enough pvp comms out and I'd also appreciate some more PvP comms&casts in LTPE, there just need to be more alliance that are not afraid of pvp, hit one alliance twice on 2 different players and they ask what they did wrong ....

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,232
    Well with my genius idea to keep EVERYONE happy I suggest this.

Have honor titles, you get an X% taken away each day, you get good bonuses through rewards and it has minimal boosting. Big players will obviously have all the honor so big players will attack other big players making all the leg 300s and lower a lesser reason to attack by a 6th wave super comm with vet demons. 

Event players don't have to participate but it gives a reason to send a few real hits for once. 

Basically brings back the real PvP experience seeing everyone will want those honor titles and their juicy rewards and it stops event players being the strongest and gives the mixed PvP and event players the edge. 
    Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

Have honor titles, you get an X% taken away each day, you get good bonuses through rewards and it has minimal boosting. Big players will obviously have all the honor so big players will attack other big players making all the leg 300s and lower a lesser reason to attack by a 6th wave super comm with vet demons. 

Event players don't have to participate but it gives a reason to send a few real hits for once. 

Basically brings back the real PvP experience seeing everyone will want those honor titles and their juicy rewards and it stops event players being the strongest and gives the mixed PvP and event players the edge. 
    There's just one problem with that, it's extremely hard for any player to beat someone in a top twenty alliance, assuming that the player being attacked is a strong capable player. And only strong capable players are in possession of honor atm, so I highly doubt the titles would change much.

There's just one problem with that, it's extremely hard for any player to beat someone in a top twenty alliance, assuming that the player being attacked is a strong capable player. And only strong capable players are in possession of honor atm, so I highly doubt the titles would change much.
    But now you have a better risk vs reward for both sides, if you decided to defend, you don't lose honor and keep rewards you would be getting, if you attack you only can lose the same troops that you would normally doing a PvP attack.

And strong capable players are the players that deserve these kind of rewards, you don't give out rewards for doing nothing, it is a PvP reward system to stop PvE being a more common event and it has minimal exploiting. 

But now you have a better risk vs reward for both sides, if you decided to defend, you don't lose honor and keep rewards you would be getting, if you attack you only can lose the same troops that you would normally doing a PvP attack.

And strong capable players are the players that deserve these kind of rewards, you don't give out rewards for doing nothing, it is a PvP reward system to stop PvE being a more common event and it has minimal exploiting.

Either you missed my point, or I'm not understanding yours.

This isn't going to increase pvp among the top players who hold the most honor (and thus the top titles, in your system I believe) because they know that attacks they send will be pointless.

For example, I would like to get more honor, I'm proud of what I have even tho its rather pointless... but there are very few people I can attack to get more, and those that I can attack are in strong alliances and will receive at least 10k additional support, making winning practically impossible.

This isn't going to increase pvp among the top players who hold the most honor (and thus the top titles, in your system I believe) because they know that attacks they send will be pointless.

For example, I would like to get more honor, I'm proud of what I have even tho its rather pointless... but there are very few people I can attack to get more, and those that I can attack are in strong alliances and will receive at least 10k additional support, making winning practically impossible.

So what if the honor system was adjusted, example with made up numbers:

3,000 honor player can currently only get honor from a player with 2,400+, with the new system it would go to 2,100+ so it opens up the amount of players attack-able. Like obviously this will make weaker players a bit more of a target to some extent but I don't think it will be a huge issue. 

So what if the honor system was adjusted, example with made up numbers:

3,000 honor player can currently only get honor from a player with 2,400+, with the new system it would go to 2,100+ so it opens up the amount of players attack-able. Like obviously this will make weaker players a bit more of a target to some extent but I don't think it will be a huge issue. 
    I'm still not sure I like the idea of losing honor every week tbh.. but if they did change the system so that I can get honor from more players I wouldn't be entirely opposed to it.

• Friedrich IV (US1)Friedrich IV (US1) Posts: 1,505
    edited 16.03.2018
    If I could get honor from everyone maybe I'd be okay with a decay.

Not that I have many issues picking people off from certain top 5 alliances, but these people really don't have any honor I could get.

The only real incentive I can think of would be to majorly boost the amounts of glory you get for both attack and defense. If you can get way more glory for wrecking a player with 9k troops than hitting a 9k foreigner, then players just might do so.

Foreigns are easier targets, makes sense that hitting players should give a lot more glory.. if you ask me at least.

EDIT: Can't fix coward eventers though
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
    PvP gives the following, glory, honor, resources and XP.

So obviously one of them needs to be buffed.

Glory - would be easily exploitable because multi's plus you will be getting the same from FC and BC seeing it's, "real players"

Resources - Obviously worthless and events pay more anyway.

XP - Not worthwhile again

Honor - harder to exploit, but still possible for lower rankings, gives nothing currently so needs updating.

So obviously if anything is going to work it would be honor. My idea wasn't a final idea it was a general idea, so with some tweaking it could make PvP a more common thing, plus imagine how fast the OP rule will go out the window ;) 

edited 16.03.2018
    Dark Venom (ASIA1) said:
    So obviously if anything is going to work it would be honor. My idea wasn't a final idea it was a general idea, so with some tweaking it could make PvP a more common thing, plus imagine how fast the OP rule will go out the window ;) 
    you mean people wouldn't cry when I hit ops anymore? but, but... that's half the fun :(

Dark Venom (ASIA1) said:
    you mean people wouldn't cry when I hit ops anymore? but, but... that's half the fun :(
    Don't worry they'll cry, but everyone will be after those, "weak" OP's and no one that has a few brain cells will be ballsy enough to put, "no hitting OP's" in their description. 

• Kage (ASIA1)Kage (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,943
    Just take down all the events for 1 month, then pvp will be back.

] - asia 1 / Second player on power -   - 2.8m power - Oct. 04. 2019 

I'm a ghost, but i'm still here.
     To be continued....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file