We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

switchable Option for old castle look and new castle look

Hey there goodgame studios, I was wondering if you guys could make an option to allow players to switch between the old look to the castle on the world map which is still visible in the treasure map. I always preferred the old castle a little more just because it gave me that fun vibe of goodgame empire. If you guys could just consider the option to put in the options the two castle types the old and the new I would be very grateful and I am sure those who agree with me also would be and if people don't like the old few they can just change it to the newer view. I know that the newer castle look has been out for a long while but it would not hurt to make the game options a little more diverse which will allow more people to have fun playing goodgame empire.

Answers

• I completely agree. I'd also like to see an option to switch between the new and old soundtrack. The new one isn't terrible, I guess, but I really like the one to the point that it actually motivates me to play the game more.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

retired I guess. or trying to be.
  • JYT (US1)JYT (US1) Posts: 765US1

Get looper for youtube, and play it in another tab, or right click the video and press "loop"
    Thanks for posting the video @Breor (US1) ! :smiley:
    But yes, the old castle look was really nice.
    Discord: JYT#1574
    Anything I write is solely reflective of what I believe. Nothing I say should be taken as fact, and I am no one's spokesperson.
  • JYT (US1) said:

Get looper for youtube, and play it in another tab, or right click the video and press "loop"
    Yeah, there are ways to get it (special thanks to Breor), but it would be better if the music could just automatically begin playing upon loading the game rather than requiring us to find an external source.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,720AU1
    JYT (US1) said:

Yeah, there are ways to get it (special thanks to Breor), but it would be better if the music could just automatically begin playing upon loading the game rather than requiring us to find an external source.
    you could write yourself an add-on to do that  :D

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • TheBlueIcicle (US1)TheBlueIcicle (US1) Posts: 1,199US1
    edited 14.03.2018
    JYT (US1) said:

Maybe I could, but the first step would be figuring out what an add-on is:wink:.

(Exaggerating.. Just a little bit.)
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

JYT (US1) said:

Maybe I could, but the first step would be figuring out what an add-on is:wink:.

I think I will acctualy attempt to do it just to learn some more programming.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
    edited 14.03.2018
    JYT (US1) said:

I think I will acctualy attempt to do it just to learn some more programming.
    Update : because the html5 audio tag sees the popup as window and that closes when clicking anywhere on the screen it stops playing when continuing to play empire if anyone knows hot to fix that let me know

if you put everything from https://files.fm/u/gscpbnh6 into a folder then you got the plugin have fun trying to figure out how to fix it

Edit : Figured out how to do it but cba to do it today

Post edited by Herveus (AU1) on

• but to stay on topic I think we all agree that goodgame studios should add the option to switch between the old and the new castle looks and maybe the old and the new music as well.
    Hey all, you can get the sound file from me HERE if you wish:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/11TT_stTsXM0PnS_H6ePahIUmIfG9b7hy/view?usp=sharing

Download it and then loop it in your favorite music player (I recommend MPC-HC, https://mpc-hc.org/).

I liked the old map better too, but in order to bring it back, Goodgame Studios would need to make new 2D graphics for all of the things they've introduced in the past few years (like monuments, alliance city, event camps, etc...). So that's not likely, I'm afraid. Too bad, since the old map really gave the game a "classic web game" kinda look. Much better than what we've got now.

@JYT (US1) And thanks for sharing my video.
    there are still some 2d graphics in the game in some events that simply never were replaced :) but yeah I just made an chrome extension that does exactly that but you don't need another programme open, just making it look a bit better, works already :D and I think firefox add-on shouldn't be to different but I go not clue how ie and edge are

• I liked the old map better too, but in order to bring it back, Goodgame Studios would need to make new 2D graphics for all of the things they've introduced in the past few years (like monuments, alliance city, event camps, etc...). So that's not likely, I'm afraid. Too bad, since the old map really gave the game a "classic web game" kinda look. Much better than what we've got now.
    Honestly I don't think it would be a big problem to create the graphics of locations that were implemented after the update. Out of all the things GGE does wrong, they can come up with new graphics pretty rapidly for the seasonal equipment (as any major game company should be able to do)—there shouldn't be much difference with the addition of a world map option.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

• benja084 (ES1)benja084 (ES1) Posts: 9,672ES1
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/11TT_stTsXM0PnS_H6ePahIUmIfG9b7hy/view?usp=sharing

Download it and then loop it in your favorite music player (I recommend MPC-HC, https://mpc-hc.org/).

I liked the old map better too, but in order to bring it back, Goodgame Studios would need to make new 2D graphics for all of the things they've introduced in the past few years (like monuments, alliance city, event camps, etc...). So that's not likely, I'm afraid. Too bad, since the old map really gave the game a "classic web game" kinda look. Much better than what we've got now.

FAN ARTWORK

I can already start imaginig how a fan drawing of a glory monument,. a lab, a bloodcrow castle, or fairly anything would look like...

What if... we did draw all of that and then made a plugin that would replace all the sprites for those things with the fan 2D drawings of them.

It shouldn't be a hard thing to do, the only problem is getting someone who knows how to code add-ons.
    cat

"There is no such a thing as an empty space or an empty time. There is always something to see, something to hear"
    "To pay attention, that is our endless and propper work"

"No existe tal cosa como un espacio vacío o un tiempo vacio. Siempre hay algo que ver, algo que oír"
    "Prestar atención, ese es nuestro interminable y apropiado trabajo"

FAN ARTWORK

I can already start imaginig how a fan drawing of a glory monument,. a lab, a bloodcrow castle, or fairly anything would look like...

What if... we did draw all of that and then made a plugin that would replace all the sprites for those things with the fan 2D drawings of them.

It shouldn't be a hard thing to do, the only problem is getting someone who knows how to code add-ons.
    should be do-able but I'd need to learn some stuff for it first, but it'll definitly be time intensive as I'd need to modify the cache continuously (with the idea I have in mind how to pull it of)

Sign In to comment.