Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Shape Shifter event

Please sunset this event and put it on a shelf where it can never be found again
OR
allow players to opt-out of the event by giving us a "do you want to participate in this event" prompt before the event starts.

Thanks,
Axe

Comments

• You're right. I'll amend...

Please sunset this event and put it on a shelf where it can never be found again.

Please sunset this event and put it on a shelf where it can never be found again.

You're just an [redacted] that can't appreciate how good this event really is.

• Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,713
    You're right. I'll amend...

how good this event really is.

yeah, it's a great event

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• ken.n (US1)ken.n (US1) US1 Posts: 136
      IMO the event does not add anything to the game but you can get eventually get a great commander and use insignia's to buy fine sand without spending a penny so run it every day.
    ken.n @ usa 1

yeah, it's a great event

*Was.

The lightest change apparently created a glitch where now... yeah your report says it all.
  • Defectus (US1)Defectus (US1) US1 Posts: 1,199
    You're right. I'll amend...

yeah, it's a great event

*Was.

The lightest change apparently created a glitch where now... yeah your report says it all.
    And the thing is that's not even a great report; I've had battles like that which earned over 2500 points, and many players have had  even better..
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

I don't play this game anymore.
  • As a reminder...

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,051
    As a reminder...

But not before i finish the coms
    and not before I get a lot of the easy to get base food items
    It is a LOT of GOOD free rewards why complain lol

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • Good point Lady Nym & Herveus. The comm is nice. :)

To whomever flagged this as spam... this is in the thread for "ideas, suggestions and feedback". I'm simply giving my feedback on what to do with this event. In fact, it is the only event I've ever commented on negatively in my ~4 years of play. Also, I haven't written anything heated or provocative. I put forth a reminder because I think the creatives at GGE can come up with much better events than this one. 
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,104
    As a reminder...

Simply put because the scoring system is so badly broken that it makes a mockery of the event.  The new tokens make calling it an event frankly a bit iffy under trade descriptions.  It was really competitive in the first and second iterations but to give you an example 

So across my full attacks I take out 35K troops for loss of 13-14K troops and score 13K points somebody sends 32 troops loses, kills none of my troops and scores half of what I get for killing 7000 troops and winning.  If you are competing in other events and there we have Berimond, Blood Crows and Royal Quest running simultaneously a lot of players in smaller alliances can't afford to blow full armies hitting in hard mode which given most players using that mode aren't sending full attacks but rather tool cleaning attacks.  So if the aim is to run a tool cleaning competition then that's working wonderfully.  If the aim is to encourage PVP or to highlight how PVP in a war works then it's the weirdest war in GGE history.  

We have hundreds of commanders and PO items I much rather have an event with integrity stripped back to the basics of the game I played when I started.  No additional attacks.  No tokens.  No hard mode.  Just Five attacks on five players with five armies to see which players tactical employment of assets at their disposal works best.  With a scoring system sophisticated enough or graduated level wise to reflect the different strength of accounts.  It is really frustrating to record what in PVP would be considered good (or at least respectable results) only to see players playing the system not the game outscore me by a lot using only 160 troops.  I don't blame players using the approach that's smart play if the system allows it, I understand it, but any player going in to PVP using what they learn in Shapeshifters is going to get butchered.  

I don't really understand why you introduce the extra tokens - well I do to make more money - but from the excitement of the initial release Twitch video to this dumbed down lame duck is a big drop off.  For experienced players it just isn't credible
    Batten @ en 1
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,713
    I still don't understand why this bug is still in the game. Perhaps the developers dislikes this event as much as we do, i could definitely see this as a possibility. 

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• Kage (ASIA1)Kage (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,943
    I still don't understand why this bug is still in the game. Perhaps the developers dislikes this event as much as we do, i could definitely see this as a possibility. 
     I saw a post on de1 forum, saying that they're looking into it, to see if it's a bug, or not, but that was weeks ago, and we have already runing the 2nd round of the shapeshifter event.
    So either they don't have any ideas to fix this(only by getting down the event and fix the bug in a near feature), or is not a bug, and it's intended. 
    ] - asia 1 / Second player on power -   - 2.8m power - Oct. 04. 2019 

I'm a ghost, but i'm still here.
     To be continued....

• Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) AU1 Posts: 575
    its obviously NOT a bug..just an issue with the scoring system..

Shares @ au 1
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 23.04.2018
    Well their are pros and cons to the Shapeshifter Event. A con is that like what Batten had pointed out it does not accurately represent real pvp when 32 troops could just as easily make a lot of points to get more charms and does have the potential of encouraging players to make attacks that will work on Shapeshifters that might annoy players in the case of real attacks by tool burning with small attacks. However, there are also pros to this event as well. The most obvious are Summoner's Apprentice and Master Summoners being among the strongest commanders in the game for pvp with the Summoner's Apprentice being fairly easy to get for a full set even for beginners and another thing to point out is that there is a way to get the most points out of the event and it is not from sending only 32 soldiers on full hardcore mode with no tools.

You need to have a lot of ruby attackers and use full hardcore mode against 2k-4k shapeshifters or use hardcore mode except ranged on the most heavily defended totems with 4k+ shapeshifters. The totems can not be too small either or else you might actually get less points even if you send a full sized attack on full hardcore mode. By using that strategy I got ranked like 8 once all the way until the end of the Shapeshifter event all the way from day 1 by hitting just four totems with a lot of Shapeshifters in them by using hardcore mode except ranged or full hardcore mode on smaller totems between 2-4k, but with Horrors and Horror Veterans only. However, I also had the ability to use six waves that are fully tooled (including middle and not just flanks), used my strongest commanders available, lost some of the attacks and still got a lot of points for it,  and spends money on the game like $100 a month now. Maybe GGS needs to recalculate how points are made by reducing points made on hardcore mode with sending only 32 soldiers with no tools, but I disagree that the event should be scrapped.
    Post edited by David Noble (US1) on
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • and a reason to bitch about it is?
  • Madara. (INT1)Madara. (INT1) INT1 Posts: 165
    As a reminder...

Simply put because the scoring system is so badly broken that it makes a mockery of the event.  The new tokens make calling it an event frankly a bit iffy under trade descriptions.  It was really competitive in the first and second iterations but to give you an example 

So across my full attacks I take out 35K troops for loss of 13-14K troops and score 13K points somebody sends 32 troops loses, kills none of my troops and scores half of what I get for killing 7000 troops and winning.  If you are competing in other events and there we have Berimond, Blood Crows and Royal Quest running simultaneously a lot of players in smaller alliances can't afford to blow full armies hitting in hard mode which given most players using that mode aren't sending full attacks but rather tool cleaning attacks.  So if the aim is to run a tool cleaning competition then that's working wonderfully.  If the aim is to encourage PVP or to highlight how PVP in a war works then it's the weirdest war in GGE history.  

We have hundreds of commanders and PO items I much rather have an event with integrity stripped back to the basics of the game I played when I started.  No additional attacks.  No tokens.  No hard mode.  Just Five attacks on five players with five armies to see which players tactical employment of assets at their disposal works best.  With a scoring system sophisticated enough or graduated level wise to reflect the different strength of accounts.  It is really frustrating to record what in PVP would be considered good (or at least respectable results) only to see players playing the system not the game outscore me by a lot using only 160 troops.  I don't blame players using the approach that's smart play if the system allows it, I understand it, but any player going in to PVP using what they learn in Shapeshifters is going to get butchered.  

I don't really understand why you introduce the extra tokens - well I do to make more money - but from the excitement of the initial release Twitch video to this dumbed down lame duck is a big drop off.  For experienced players it just isn't credible
    hhehhehe i got 9k pont useing 32 troops one teammate got 15k useing 32 troops idk but it is stuped and with 9k point im in 250 point daily come out unfotunatly :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file