We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

GB1 Server War

Comments

• Friedrich IV (US1)Friedrich IV (US1) Posts: 1,487
    edited 14.02.2018
    @BM_Friedrich
    You really need to read the Guidelines again maybe lol

The whole thread is full of insults :joy:

Yep there's a lot from almost everyone here. Would you guys rather see me delete this thread and ban you all? I really don't think so, and I'd much rather not have to do that.

There's a point to the lenient interpretation most of us take, we want to allow people to have these conversations on the forums, to talk about their reasons for warring another alliance etc.
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns

• i believe you have removed mine cause its related to Ang . is it a rule that moderators put from their own or GGS already put it , if so point me to Forum rules please i would be pleased to check . 
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/112432/community-guidelines#latest
    Here's the guidelines for you.

I've removed hundreds of screenshots, about many different people. I left the very obvious photoshop jobs up because it was pretty clear no one was bothered by them, until you just now. Making the claim I only remove screenshots because they're related to Ang is completely counter-productive.
    You post the guidelines but you’ve clearly not read them, judging by your signature breaking them.
    Good job locating a useless technicality that you can now use to prove your conspiracy that mods are only removing PM's that they disagree with.

Did aliens build the pyramids, too?
    Mate i am Egyptian , what aliens :joy:

You've never heard the conspiracy theory that aliens built the pyramids?

My point was that his claim that Friedrich is trying to manipulate messages one way or another is ridiculous.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

retired I guess. or trying to be.
  • You guys both missed a great opportunity to use the Ancient Aliens meme. Just saying.

i believe you have removed mine cause its related to Ang . is it a rule that moderators put from their own or GGS already put it , if so point me to Forum rules please i would be pleased to check . 
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/112432/community-guidelines#latest
    Here's the guidelines for you.

I've removed hundreds of screenshots, about many different people. I left the very obvious photoshop jobs up because it was pretty clear no one was bothered by them, until you just now. Making the claim I only remove screenshots because they're related to Ang is completely counter-productive.
    You post the guidelines but you’ve clearly not read them, judging by your signature breaking them.
    Good job locating a useless technicality that you can now use to prove your conspiracy that mods are only removing PM's that they disagree with.

Did aliens build the pyramids, too?
    Mate i am Egyptian , what aliens :joy:

You've never heard the conspiracy theory that aliens built the pyramids?

My point was that his claim that Friedrich is trying to manipulate messages one way or another is ridiculous.
    I appreciate that.

I have nothing to do with whatever war's going on, I could care less if people are PO'd at Ang, and I have a very large disapproval for a lot of the things that go on during wars and wish that support also did. I don't feel I have any reason to try and push things one way or another, and I don't.
    Friedrich IV US1
  • cheza2000 (GB1)cheza2000 (GB1) Posts: 268GB1
    This is ridiculous. Bad enough the extent to which Ang is accused of manipulating his position, Friedrich is doing a voluntary role and is doing it without bias.  A little common sense is required people. There are genuine issues then there are manufactured ones, people can see the difference and you actually hurt any cause you may have. This thread, as I have said before is often very lacking in fact. 
    cheza2000 @ en 1
    Praetorians
  • I am not part of the war now but there is a report missing here which is probably the best lol 

Yes SE are not part of the war anymore but that one should not get lost in the mess !! 

why the best ? Full wolves hit :) lol

Thats some nice kills and some nice honor
    Friedrich IV US1
  • jaxsta999 (GB1)jaxsta999 (GB1) Posts: 48
    edited 14.02.2018

Pretty ironic when your side has 6x the dove players last time I checked, and I was in Spain so I activated + dispute with GGS means I might not be able to login until they resolve an issue...
    Better log back in and do a head count then!
    Have a great week GIF man. 
  • I am not part of the war now but there is a report missing here which is probably the best lol 

Yes SE are not part of the war anymore but that one should not get lost in the mess !! 

There’s been 30K+ kill hits by CG on Praets with Sam troops etc, 9k isn’t that great 
    WAR PLAYER

There’s been 30K+ kill hits by CG on Praets with Sam troops etc, 9k isn’t that great 
    it was on sir wankalot so wasn't bad
    Spirit Bear @ AU1 lvl 31 94k might 0 ops
    Da Ron @ UK1 lvl 70 LL12 336k might
    http://prntscr.com/iz0gvs
    sniping is fun ;)
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,120GB1
    I personally think BM Friedrich has done a good job with the thread.  It isn't easy and appreciate the time he's put into it.  We do push the envelope so having someone pull us back into line occasionally isn't a bad thing.  

On balance I accept that it was unfair to imply Jonesy was doing breaching a rule in his castle.  I cannot fully support that point so accept his assurance that wasn't the case and apologise.  What I won't apologise for is encouraging all players on all sides to stick to the terms and conditions and not put themselves or their alliance at risk.  I'd rather face the best line up an alliance can field than one missing talented individuals who make avoidable mistakes.  I shouldn't have personalised what is a wider more general issue.  I remain convinced the whole moving castle thing needs a rework maybe bringing in a new element an advanced camp moire focused on attacking specific target with maybe a sally forth bonus or option for defenders that might be more fun.  Moving a whole castle I understand for situations where someone is being given a tough time and can't grow.  Moving castle in a war for advantage seems a misuse of what I understood developers to have intended as a protective measure originally.  In theory it should be possible to counter the Bouncy Castle move having seen it in practice it is a lot tougher than I'd imagined.  

In terms of COP point Ultra - nice to see you back from the trenches - made.  As far as I'm aware the first strike was on Gondor's KT.  Ang also said there would be no rules, so technically that put everything on the table.  I haven't fought a war with COP's before so all new to me.  Talking purely in terms of Odins, the interest in COP's is more linked to the level of troops stored in them.  They have had as high a figure as 60,000 plus troops in KT's and I caught attacking troops in a metro which looked a better result than it was.  The COP's from an attackers perspective as I see it are useful to lessen castle based support forcing a level of support to be held in them against them being taken allowing attackers to force defence around more easily.  The metro's with capture flags are being put up and knocked down put up and knocked down it's more of a dance at the moment so it isn't serious.  At least that's my perception.   

When you have a slight advantage and are attacking you have to work harder to track defensive troop movements than I remember from a few years ago.  Players can take a range of evasive maneuvers
    1.  Pro mode account
    2.  Open gate
    3.  Fire Castellan
    4.  Defense Hall losses maybe 3 attackers to 1 defender on a good defensive set up with very strong cast
    5.  Move troops out as attacker arrives 
    6.  Hide troops in pro mode castles 
    7.  Hide troops in RV's
    8.  Hide troops in COP's

So to deny a defender the comfort of troops being safe in this war attacking players:
    1.  Hit from close
    2.  Hit out Rv's
    3.  Hit COP's to deny safe haven
    4.  Time hit for when a gate closes or Pro mode runs out
    5.  Use Fire Starter Comms 
    6.  Repeat hit without pattern so more irregular hits less tempo hits (clockwork every time cooldown finishes)    

Essential the war is about who can catch more defence or attack in the open at present at least that is how it feels. The difficulty is this requires a level of volume hitting in my view that does with tools given the quality of defence make it more expensive for resource players and good to see tool  cost reductions of up to 70% as that will prevent some players participating at a level they and we might want.  Maybe that could be considered in data review by GGE from the conflict.  
    Batten @ en 1
  • @Batten (GB1)

Moving castle is a premium feature, just like instantly buying 50k elite troops... its not for protection, nothing in game says anything about it being for protect, evasion or safety...

But yet protection mode specifically says "beginner's" but yet people are 'allowed' to use this without limit dispite being 5 year veterans...

So yet again i find a way to strategically use standard game mechanics very effectively and you 'guys' dont like so what happens... oh this must change??? Stop controlling the game and just play it... yes PLAY the GAME stop taking everything so seriously...

Odins Fury - The legend lives on

When you dare with me,
    You dare with Death.

@UltimateJhon
    You should really stop being salty over everything and give credit where it is you.
    I think you'll earn a lot more respect that way
    1 Fury @ en 1
  • Jesus Christ Man! lol

Is that like all of Odins reps or something
    1 Fury @ en 1
  • Jesus Christ Man! lol

Is that like all of Odins reps or something
    Must be. There were 2 hits on me in there that were at the beginning of the war
    Father of All @ GB1
    Views are my own, I do not speak for anyone else
This discussion has been closed.