Home Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: Mid-February Update

Comments

• @BM ang1243

I would just like to know what was up with the SUPER short nomads popping up after the update or whatever. you say beri comes on the 20th and now the monthly says that is the next after bcs. Little explanation would be nice.
    coolguymatt @ usa 1
  • How is the alliance tournament chanced to stop glory boosting? @BM ang1243
    @douwew (NL1)

It hasn't been changed to combat that at all yet ;)

Ok just wtf have GGE done for the last year then
    1 Fury @ en 1
  • Your incompotence ment you gave 5k vet defenders to  everyone on the server including all the shells. If u have 5 shells im making 2.5mil Glory for my alliance in the tourny.

This game has become utter crap
    1 Fury @ en 1
  • ali hassan (INT1)ali hassan (INT1) INT1 Posts: 272
    Awesome!
    Two great event are coming back really nice to see that.  :)

:D
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 14.02.2018
    A Review?  You mean all those times it ran in the past were not enough to review it.  NOTHING has changed it will be the same as it was the last time, and the time before, and the time before that.  You know what the event is, how its played.  As does every player who has been around long enough to remember it.  You already reviewed it and deemed in its present format it wasnt fit for purpose!!  And you pulled it!!!  

So tell me what exactly do you need to know about the event that you dont already know?
    Have you not noticed that there was at least one major change to the event? Did you even read the part where players who leave the alliance will not be able to participate in the alliance tournament while it is running and that the scoring will only work for a player's score while previously part of that alliance before leaving? The point is that players are not supposed to leave an alliance during the alliance tournament or else they will not benefit from it, unless if maybe the player is forced to leave the alliance during the alliance tournament or the player cares more about going to another alliance to help them out than getting rewards from the alliance tournament while it is taking place.

This could also help resolve the problem with "glory stacking". Take the  sub alliances for example who are usually less active than the main. They could benefit very easily from players of other alliances leaving an alliance to join them and active players from a sub alliance including the multiple accounts possibly could also join the main alliance to help boost glory in the alliance tournament as well. Another thing important to keep in mind if an alliance were to have a leading edge during the alliance tournament because of top players joining them while the alliance tournament is taking place is that fair? Should not the alliance tournament be about teamwork instead of other alliances having the leading edge just because a top player left an alliance to join them while the alliance tournament is taking place? If a strong and active player from Fluffy Unicorns for example on my server on US1 left to join Dream Team just because they want the first place rewards from them during the alliance tournament is that fair? Just simply making my point across.

Or, would you rather not have the alliance tournament ever return back at all despite the fact that it was a fun event? Taking away at least the glory stacking problem is a big check mark on my list. Glory boosting and multiple accounts in contrast by themselves I don't think are that big of a deal in comparison to leaving another alliance during the alliance tournament and joining another to benefit more from a higher ranking alliance while the alliance tournament is taking place which could also include multiple accounts.
    Post edited by David Noble (US1) on
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • I have a complaint about the surveys. I can mark "very unhappy" about an aspect of the game, but there is no box in which I can describe what specifically I am unhappy about. That means the programmers are "improving" things I don't care about and ignoring the things that I do care about. For example, fair pricing and equal opportunity to advance - some person with a big paycheck can buy experience, while others, not so lucky, have to work very hard to earn it. Another one, variety of activities - I don't want more different enemies to fight, I want more DIFFERENT activities - perhaps I can win stronger fighting units by solving puzzles or defending an ally or cooperating with another alliance to build something or achieving a certain wealth level without looting a neighbor. Endless war is boring.
    fredx @ usa 1
  • Karem GK (GB1)Karem GK (GB1) GB1 Posts: 48
    edited 14.02.2018
    A Review?  You mean all those times it ran in the past were not enough to review it.  NOTHING has changed it will be the same as it was the last time, and the time before, and the time before that.  You know what the event is, how its played.  As does every player who has been around long enough to remember it.  You already reviewed it and deemed in its present format it wasnt fit for purpose!!  And you pulled it!!!  

So tell me what exactly do you need to know about the event that you dont already know?
    Have you not noticed that there was at least one major change to the event? Did you even read the part where players who leave the alliance will not be able to participate in the alliance tournament while it is running and that the scoring will only work for a player's score while previously part of that alliance before leaving? The point is that players are not supposed to leave an alliance during the alliance tournament or else they will not benefit from it, unless if maybe the player is forced to leave the alliance during the alliance tournament or the player cares more about going to another alliance to help them out than getting rewards from the alliance tournament while it is taking place.

This could also help resolve the problem with "glory stacking". Take the  sub alliances for example who are usually less active than the main. They could benefit very easily from players of other alliances leaving an alliance to join them and active players from a sub alliance including the multiple accounts possibly could also join the main alliance to help boost glory in the alliance tournament as well. Another thing important to keep in mind if an alliance were to have a leading edge during the alliance tournament because of top players joining them while the alliance tournament is taking place is that fair? Should not the alliance tournament be about teamwork instead of other alliances having the leading edge just because a top player left an alliance to join them while the alliance tournament is taking place? If a strong and active player from Fluffy Unicorns for example on my server on US1 left to join Dream Team just because they want the first place rewards from them during the alliance tournament is that fair? Just simply making my point across.

Or, would you rather not have the alliance tournament ever return back at all despite the fact that it was a fun event? Taking away at least the glory stacking problem is a big check mark on my list. Glory boosting and multiple accounts in contrast by themselves I don't think are that big of a deal in comparison to leaving another alliance during the alliance tournament and joining another to benefit more from a higher ranking alliance while the alliance tournament is taking place which could also include multiple accounts.
    There is nothing changed there mate , who leave the alliance during the tournament his points won't count but will get rewards or he don't i think . and that's old not a New addition . and jumping to wing you missed a point . 

They use their shells accounts to hit them without dropping alliance . and GGS said before they found out ppl are cheating in this event and pulled back tournament for a year and its now back with no CHANGES !!!? 

Bravo ! 

I still believe its back for the server wars that happening now on lot of servers including ours ( GB1 ) GGS need to fill their funds ( keep the war going )  :p

imagine an alliance win it with ( let's say about 20mil glory pts ) never ever can imagine that's from PvP even if there is a war . gotta start watching this happening "again" soon ! lol 
  • ted1945 (US1)ted1945 (US1) US1 Posts: 173
    Not to mention, when this ran previously, participation was ridiculously low. I remember when there were a few dozen alliances participating (out of thousands).

• ted1945 (US1)ted1945 (US1) US1 Posts: 173
    GGS just lives in it's own little world and doesn't listen to it's customers. Players got really sick of getting hit by people 400+ levels above them because the attackers didn't have the guts to attack someone at their own level and GGS couldn't be bothered to come up with a penalty for it.

edited 14.02.2018

There is nothing changed there mate , who leave the alliance during the tournament his points won't count but will get rewards or he don't i think . and that's old not a New addition . and jumping to wing you missed a point . 

They use their shells accounts to hit them without dropping alliance . and GGS said before they found out ppl are cheating in this event and pulled back tournament for a year and its now back with no CHANGES !!!? 

Bravo ! 

I still believe its back for the server wars that happening now on lot of servers including ours ( GB1 ) GGS need to fill their funds ( keep the war going )  :p

imagine an alliance win it with ( let's say about 20mil glory pts ) never ever can imagine that's from PvP even if there is a war . gotta start watching this happening "again" soon ! lol 
    Okay. So maybe it is not anything new and perhaps it was something that I forgot about because of the alliance tournament last being here about a year ago or more, but what I am talking about is not getting any rewards too from the alliance tournament if you leave to join another alliance in addition to not adding glory points in the alliance tournament to another alliance if you leave to join a different alliance during the alliance tournament. This means for example if you join a different alliance during the alliance tournament you also do not get any of the rewards during the alliance tournament including first place or top 20 rewards which in this case scenario could also include multiple accounts or should not anyway. This is not just about avoiding an exchange of points between alliances during the alliance tournament, but also about not getting any rewards from the alliance tournament while in a different alliance as well if you join while the alliance tournament is taking place. I am not 100% certain and maybe that feature of not rewarding a player in a different alliance already existed in the alliance tournament as well, but if this has not already happened yet I think that it should. Meaning that if any account including multiple leaves to join a higher ranking alliance in the alliance tournament for better rewards while the alliance tournament is taking place that account will not get any rewards from the alliance tournament too while in a different alliance.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • OxO (AU1)OxO (AU1) AU1 Posts: 962
    I have a complaint about the surveys. I can mark "very unhappy" about an aspect of the game, but there is no box in which I can describe what specifically I am unhappy about. That means the programmers are "improving" things I don't care about and ignoring the things that I do care about. For example, fair pricing and equal opportunity to advance - some person with a big paycheck can buy experience, while others, not so lucky, have to work very hard to earn it. Another one, variety of activities - I don't want more different enemies to fight, I want more DIFFERENT activities - perhaps I can win stronger fighting units by solving puzzles or defending an ally or cooperating with another alliance to build something or achieving a certain wealth level without looting a neighbor. Endless war is boring.
    You're under the impression they read those?

• Nebulous (US1)Nebulous (US1) US1 Posts: 903
    again bullshit  comm  NPC
    Aaaaaand sick commander and cast as well lol . only 5% bonus of both melee/ranged combat compared to other seasonal 
    or 10% CY difference as well . useless 

Expected something better lol . 
    Honestly, please stay quiet...

This is probably why the forums are dying and the game isn't really improving... people like this complain without understanding what they are talking about.

For those who haven't checked the new 9-piece Beri NPC commander is better than the last 5-piece Beri npc commander, and on par with the the Desert Legion set.

I'm here to make pretty castles and recruit defense.
  • sir-haba (SKN1)sir-haba (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 316
    again bullshit  comm  NPC
    Aaaaaand sick commander and cast as well lol . only 5% bonus of both melee/ranged combat compared to other seasonal 
    or 10% CY difference as well . useless 

Expected something better lol . 
    Honestly, please stay quiet...

This is probably why the forums are dying and the game isn't really improving... people like this complain without understanding what they are talking about.

For those who haven't checked the new 9-piece Beri NPC commander is better than the last 5-piece Beri npc commander, and on par with the the Desert Legion set.

yep, best npc commander I have seen, and the cast is much better than kala set.
  • Red King (HANT1)Red King (HANT1) HANT1 Posts: 11

I WOULD NICELY ASK GGS TO STOP WITH INPUTING NEW MISSIONS IN ROYAL QUEST. IF IT 5 THEN I SHOULD BE JUST 5. NOW IF I MISS ONE NEW MISSON I LOSE FINAL REWARDS BECAUSE OF SOME UPDATE MISTAKE.

HOW AM I SATISFIED WITH GAME RIGHT NOW: 0.5 OUT OF 10

NO MORE NEW ROYAL QUESTS!

ITS ANNOYING!

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,834
    Nothing has changed in the event, an event that was previously deemed unsuitable to run as it was so badly compromised, GGE have made ZERO changes to address the issues,  not one.   How can one year you think an event is too badly compromised to be worth running, and after a full year to address the issues making it unsuitable you have done sod all, not a single thing, 

You point blank refuse to address the biggest issue on the server that being multi accounting shells etc.  even ones that pop up called cleaner, or knocker, or such like, that are clearly only there to waste tools.  

You KNOW the event is compromised, you act on it say all the right things oh we will fix it etc.  But then you realise it will require time and effort, knowledge of the game, and talent.  And all of a sudden WELLLLL maybe the event isnt that bad we will review it.

This is why  your player base is dimishing, this is why loyal long term players are leaving in their droves, players have sat back giving you the benefit of the doubt to address the issues that plague the game, you gave them a timetable, a roadmap, made promises, just how many times do you think you can break your somittments to players  before they say you know enough's enough.

Philt123 @ en 1
    edited 15.02.2018
    Nothing has changed in the event, an event that was previously deemed unsuitable to run as it was so badly compromised, GGE have made ZERO changes to address the issues,  not one.   How can one year you think an event is too badly compromised to be worth running, and after a full year to address the issues making it unsuitable you have done sod all, not a single thing, 

You point blank refuse to address the biggest issue on the server that being multi accounting shells etc.  even ones that pop up called cleaner, or knocker, or such like, that are clearly only there to waste tools.  

You KNOW the event is compromised, you act on it say all the right things oh we will fix it etc.  But then you realise it will require time and effort, knowledge of the game, and talent.  And all of a sudden WELLLLL maybe the event isnt that bad we will review it.

This is why  your player base is dimishing, this is why loyal long term players are leaving in their droves, players have sat back giving you the benefit of the doubt to address the issues that plague the game, you gave them a timetable, a roadmap, made promises, just how many times do you think you can break your somittments to players  before they say you know enough's enough.

But it is also a war game right? Wars can generate money. When this game first started it was based on wars mostly instead of events. Now GGS wants to make more money with the Shapeshifter event and commanders, a Berimond cast much stronger than even Kala to compete with the Shapeshifter commanders, and the return of the Alliance Tournament I think closely relates to these stronger commanders and cast that were only recently added into the game. I would also question is the Shapeshifter event the main reason why the alliance tournament was held off for so long? I get the impression that was their main reason for doing this instead of addressing the real issues that at least some people have complained about including multiple accounts and/or glory boosting.

Also, I get it now. No changes whatsoever possibly to the alliance tournament and their refusal to do anything about the multiple accounts hardly, but GGS is also a business just simply trying to look for ways to make more money. One of the ways they are trying to do this I think is by wanting to increase pvp in the game. But the question is how? An increase of pvp has to start somewhere, but they also want to make more money.
    Post edited by David Noble (US1) on
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • edited 15.02.2018
    @BM ang1243

Rewards of Ally Tourney...?

for top 100:500wings and 15 lucky pennies
    For top 5 or 10: 750 vertermn demons melle one and range one each
    For top 1: May be good deco or Good Gems of 22lvl

Thats my preditiction
    ketankumar 

A Player Of GGE

Level70+ 
                                                                      One of the Big player in India1
  • Defectus (US1)Defectus (US1) US1 Posts: 1,199

While I'm personally happy about the reintroduction of both events for reasons that mainly pertain to me specifically, I agree with what you're saying.

The fact that GGE has removed two events for a year because they were deemed too unplayable should signify that something will be done about the issue. Now we are handed these two events back in the same condition as before.

It's like going to a restaurant, ordering, and paying, only to be told that the cooks decided they didn't feel like working that night, after all.

GGE is really good at making promises and really bad at following through.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

I don't play this game anymore.
  • sir-haba (SKN1)sir-haba (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 316
    edited 15.02.2018
    GGS just lives in it's own little world and doesn't listen to it's customers. Players got really sick of getting hit by people 400+ levels above them because the attackers didn't have the guts to attack someone at their own level and GGS couldn't be bothered to come up with a penalty for it.

What kind of penalty there should be and why? its a war game.
Sign In to comment.