Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

What's up with the FL's GGS?

Quote from my alliance chat some of you might relate to.

[name withheld]   it's pretty sad when you're excited to see a FI with 642 in it!

Comments

• I can relate.  668 was the highest this time around so I got all excited and loaded up with flags only to have the FI open the frapping gates!

It's been this way the last 3 FI/BC events.  Getting more than 580 is a rarity and it's snowing in hell if I get an FI/BC with more than 700.

Tough to keep the 'Fearless' title with the pickings so slim.
  • Dumb Cat (US1)Dumb Cat (US1) US1 Posts: 548
    I can relate.  668 was the highest this time around so I got all excited and loaded up with flags only to have the FI >>>open the frapping gates!<<<

It's been this way the last 3 FI/BC events.  Getting more than 580 is a rarity and it's snowing in hell if I get an FI/BC with more than 700.

Tough to keep the 'Fearless' title with the pickings so slim.

• leeshir (US1)leeshir (US1) US1 Posts: 34
    edited 08.02.2018
    This is just awful.  For the last few go arounds with foreigners and bloodcrows, I haven't gotten anything worthy while over 600 troop.  What's wrong with gge?  AND, with all of these pop-up advertisements often 3 at a time?  Why would I want to buy with there is nothing worthwhile to hit?  
    leeshir @ usa 1
  • Defectus (US1)Defectus (US1) US1 Posts: 1,199
    I've just stopped trying to maintain the Fearless title. I could, if I wanted to, but I don't want to hit castle after castle and waste troops and tools maintaining my title when I get so little glory.

I haven't hit more than three or four castles the past few events. Dropped over 100k might points and I'm down to the Relentless. It's pitiful, but it's better than slogging through useless castles for days on end.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

I don't play this game anymore.
    I've just stopped trying to maintain the Fearless title. I could, if I wanted to, but I don't want to hit castle after castle and waste troops and tools maintaining my title when I get so little glory.

I haven't hit more than three or four castles the past few events. Dropped over 100k might points and I'm down to the Relentless. It's pitiful, but it's better than slogging through useless castles for days on end.
    I think this is just another case of GGS being @-holes and showing favoritism to the rich.
    The rich players can easily load up on ruby glory tools and use them to get huge amounts of glory while the rest of us are screwed.
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,064

been mainting fearless with pvp only since around november last year it is not that hard :D
    Although I did 2.1mil glory once cause alliance went for win :P

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • There has been an uptick in PVP glory hits lately.  I'm assuming it's because of the FI/BC's being weaker.  I'm not super upset about it really, just a little frustrating when you do a spy and wind up with a 430 FI.  It's like opening a gift and getting socks.  LOL
    There has been an uptick in PVP glory hits lately.  I'm assuming it's because of the FI/BC's being weaker.  I'm not super upset about it really, just a little frustrating when you do a spy and wind up with a 430 FI.  It's like opening a gift and getting socks.  LOL
    Socks are a lot more useful.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • JYT (US1)JYT (US1) US1 Posts: 895
    oh bois have you looked at my sig? From this past round of Romania.

btw been holding fearless for a long time now. I force myself to hit 20 FCs or so a day (sometimes 30 on the first day) simply because I am overloaded on troops and need to lose some. I can't remember the last time I didn't get past 500k glory except for when I am out of town, even against brazil or romania. 
    (I missed Germany!!! I managed to get on for the last few hours and got 300k from ~4 hits)
    Honestly yesterday I got bored so I sent 550 troop hits or so against FCs with just a plain 100-0-0 and 500 vet def with lots of flags for higher losses and more glory.

However I am getting tired of this. Even if I do manage to get large FCs there aren't enough to be interesting, and I am losing interest in the game, and getting fed up with GGS' decision-making strategies. Though I do appreciate the return of the Berimond Invasion--the last time it came around, I was still a small player and not strong enough to participate very heavily.

Discord: JYT#1574
  • Red flags really? On troop targets of constant 400 to 500 troops? That are so slow that you wouldn't be able to launch enough attacks to even make your goal? Yeah sure, that will only give you about 10k glory per hit. Which means to hit the Royal bonus you would have to do about 150 attacks. Great fun. Everyone has time for that right? I am a ruby buyer, and I don't see any extra targets. I have gone through 156 feathers over the last 4 days, all used on FC attacks with none being used on spies or anything else. I had 2 targets at 2500 troops. Both of those targets had more than 1500 attackers, which means no GP. My best overall target in this event was 1600 defenders, which were vets only. 95 to 97% of my targets were 600 and lower. I finish in top 100 in nearly every event. Nobility, Nomads, Samurai, Monthly, Berimond. Yet I have never finished top 100 in a FC or BC event. Yet my alliance mate sends out reports sometimes 3 or 4 times a day, with him killing 7k troops. He always finishes in top 100. So is this really so "random" as the game makers claim it to be? I guarantee you if I was to spy 100 castles on my server, randomly. 10% of those castles would have more than 2k troops. Which would mean 2 out of every 10. Not 2 out of 156, with 1500 being attackers. Everyone in the alliance is complaining and frustrated about this. This event is killing the interest in the game. It's becoming unbearably frustrating. I play up to 15 hours a day, everyday, and my reward for it is JACK. 
    ghost driver @ WWW 1
  • While I have witnessed many crappy Fl/Bc events recently, this latest one has to be the worst so far to date. I can assure you this in now way equates in having fun playing this game. And I also know I am not alone in this thought. 
    In addition, you send out those player surveys, with no options to let you know what any of us really think, just some computer generated, non specific questions. If you really wished to know the thoughts of the people you are hoping to keep here playing your game, you really should design a format where you actually read, and listened to the players. Because from what I have seen, and also what I hear from others, there are many many who are not happy with all that is going on. Or maybe I should say, what isnt going on.
  • They have been this way for a long time now. Don't know why people act like this is a new issue. And if your just trying to maintain fearless 50 hits shouldn't be a big deal.
    coolguymatt @ usa 1
  • Happened for lvl 70s in my alliance too. Funny thing is i get about 5-6 1k fl at lvl 47. I got really motivated first two days and hit about 100 fl, but got bored. Still won tho.
  • AWC  (US1)AWC (US1) US1 Posts: 337
    edited 11.02.2018

IKR. Pointless but some(seasonal IT intern) dork @ GGE has convinced the powers that be, THIS IS FUN!
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee. Sink all coffins and all hearses to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, though tied to thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

http://classiclit.about.com/od/mobyd...mobydickqu.htm
    Temprance said:
    I think this is just another case of GGS being @-holes and showing favoritism to the rich.
    The rich players can easily load up on ruby glory tools and use them to get huge amounts of glory while the rest of us are screwed.
    I agree. These flags are really using up my ruby supply

Temprance
    News bulletin!  Not every one can build up 14k in red flags.  Some of us cannot devote our life to this game.
    I haven't been able to play for the last two days. and can only play for a set period on the days I do play.

And some of us are not mods who have special access privileges like you. 

So what you do? Enter a special code that enable GGS employees to make 14k flags magically appear?
    Or is that just a photo shop?
  • OxO (AU1)OxO (AU1) AU1 Posts: 962
    Temprance said:

Temprance
    News bulletin!  Not every one can build up 14k in red flags.  Some of us cannot devote our life to this game.
    I haven't been able to play for the last two days. and can only play for a set period on the days I do play.

So what you do? Enter a special code that enable GGS employees to make 14k flags magically appear?
    There's this wonderful place called storm islands

edited 14.02.2018
    OxO (AU1) said:
    Temprance said:

Temprance

Which I use to build mantlets   And perhaps you missed the part where I have limited time I can play? 
    14.8k/30= 493 per day x 129seconds= 63597= 1060 minutes = 17 1/2 hours
    I only have access to the internet 8 hours a day do not have access two days a week and last week missed 4 days.
    and when I am online I have things to do besides playing this game.
    What part of I cannot devote my live to this game did you not understand?
    By what stretch of your overactive imagination I can make 14.8 k red flags?
    OxO (AU1) said:
    Temprance said:

Temprance

Which I use to build mantlets   And perhaps you missed the part where I have limited time I can play? 
    I only have access to the internet 8 hours a day do not have access two days a week and last week missed 4 days.
    8 hours is more than I play and I can easily manage to get 10k+ red flags , it is not that hard since you do not seem to play that much anyways you won't need that many mantlets so you can spend more time producing red flags of which you will not need that many either cause you are not as active, and also mods do not have "special access privileges" lol. 

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
    OxO (AU1) said:
    Temprance said:

Temprance

8 hours is more than I play and I can easily manage to get 10k+ red flags , it is not that hard since you do not seem to play that much anyways you won't need that many mantlets so you can spend more time producing red flags of which you will not need that many either cause you are not as active, and also mods do not have "special access privileges" lol. 
    Also red flags are only 1% and barely make a difference in glory earned. You have to use tools to kill the wall troops reducing the number of flags you can use. Meanwhile the rich players use ruby glory boosters that give a huge bonus compared to redflags.  Oops did you forget that little detail?
    as for mantlets I do need them I burn through thousands of mantlets per event. It doesn't take that long to use them up.
    Especially in the beri, nomad, and samurai events where attacks take10 minutes or less. 
    So your argument is invalid.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file