Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion thread: January Update

Comments

• Haskell (US1)Haskell (US1) Posts: 217
    edited 25.01.2018
    I gotta be hallucinating , I see nothing that massively screws over the players  :D
    I actually laughed out loud at this one.
    Awesomecastle13 (US1) said:
    Any news yet on the Royal capitol event and when it will come back?
    for real ... GGE logic: Let's make new events instead of fixing old ones.

• don't realy think this update contains anything special i was hoping for something good. maby next month
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,051
    first where's the rest off the event schedule?

second: BM ang1243 said:

294th of january 2018 dont know wich calendar you have, but 294th of january isnt on the 1 that i have.
     It is the day before the 31st of Februray 

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • ang1243 (GB1)ang1243 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,834
    first where's the rest off the event schedule?

second: BM ang1243 said:

294th of january 2018 dont know wich calendar you have, but 294th of january isnt on the 1 that i have.
     It is the day before the 31st of Februray 
    :scream:@Herveus (AU1) and @Unknown_Master (NL1)

You found the super planned easter egg in this announcement... we definitely meant to have that there.... Maybe it means that the update will never happen!!! :scream:

P.s. edited - thanks!
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

• Are they fixing the FL equipment bug?
    Lord septimus @us1
  • EU.Street_Dog (INT2)EU.Street_Dog (INT2) INT2 Posts: 264
    edited 25.01.2018
    basically same sh1t every month different colors, maybe its time for an old events better
  • Are they fixing the FL equipment bug?

...I think so.... @Lord Septimus (US1)
    community thumbs up GIF
    Lord septimus @us1
  • Defectus (US1)Defectus (US1) US1 Posts: 1,199
    edited 25.01.2018
    When GGE announced in the summer that they'd be releasing updates every month, I was hoping for something significant. At this point GGE really doesn't even need to be creative and come up with new ideas—there are plenty of good ideas here on the forums such as bringing back the old events—so really the only thing left to do is write the code for the updates. With hundreds of employees involved in the company, it shouldn't be as hard as they seem to make it to write old updates back in. Maybe if management removed the gym and free beer in GGS, we'd have some better results.

This update would've quite literally taken at most a day of productive work (really the only work that had to be done was designing the graphics). In terms of actually programming, ten minutes at most to copy and paste in the code for this seasonal event and server competition (which is for some reason seemingly the biggest part of this update), and changing a few numbers around in the achievements.

Just sad.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

I don't play this game anymore.
  • OxO (AU1)OxO (AU1) AU1 Posts: 962
    well

this is boring
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    Ang, Thats why the old berri has a cooldown on the towers, so you could control how long the event lasted go back to how it was an put cooldowns in again.  job done but i guess that didnt make any cash.

So no comments on a) the fact that you are putting new levels of achievments in that maybe less than 1% of players will ever get to so you talking the top 1% of the game and you make that achievment unlock a loot better equipment icon, and a produce more wood icon.  Neither of which ANY player in the top 1% will EVER need or EVER use.  Sure i love the fact you adding more achievments but seems to me a wasted opportunity.

Also the New Shapeshifter Comm is a joke, just a few months ago according to GGE anythign over the 90 cap on troop strength was armageddon and game over.  In the Beta testing group it was suggested by players that a cap be put on the strength of to cap it so say 110, the same goes for the cast.  Yet that was not a possibilty as anythign over 90 would break the game and runin the balance.   Yet here we are just a short time after and GGE all of a sudden think going over the 90 cap is suddenly ok again.  It is a joke, just not a very funny one.  

And i really hope this version of shapeshifters is some sort of  very early beta version as its already broken and able to be manipulated,  not only that its horrifically boring, and no doubt you can already tell is a massive flop.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Wheeee more presets :smiley:

• David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 26.01.2018
    Ang, Thats why the old berri has a cooldown on the towers, so you could control how long the event lasted go back to how it was an put cooldowns in again.  job done but i guess that didnt make any cash.

So no comments on a) the fact that you are putting new levels of achievments in that maybe less than 1% of players will ever get to so you talking the top 1% of the game and you make that achievment unlock a loot better equipment icon, and a produce more wood icon.  Neither of which ANY player in the top 1% will EVER need or EVER use.  Sure i love the fact you adding more achievments but seems to me a wasted opportunity.

Also the New Shapeshifter Comm is a joke, just a few months ago according to GGE anythign over the 90 cap on troop strength was armageddon and game over.  In the Beta testing group it was suggested by players that a cap be put on the strength of to cap it so say 110, the same goes for the cast.  Yet that was not a possibilty as anythign over 90 would break the game and runin the balance.   Yet here we are just a short time after and GGE all of a sudden think going over the 90 cap is suddenly ok again.  It is a joke, just not a very funny one.  

And i really hope this version of shapeshifters is some sort of  very early beta version as its already broken and able to be manipulated,  not only that its horrifically boring, and no doubt you can already tell is a massive flop.
    Take notice that only specific commanders and cast can go over the 100% as part of a complete set and not just any. Also take notice as well that an extra 10% or 20% is really not nearly as imbalanced as it once was. I think that the limit at one time combined with the right gems it could could even go beyond the extra 20% for a cast or commander which GGS detected that exploit and put it to a halt.

Also, NPC commanders from monthly events, the Samurai hero, Nomad Hero, Kala Cast, and Eagle Demon already provided an extra 10% as well for part of the set from the hero and the Nutcracker commander goes a step further by adding 20% ranged on top of the already existing 10% extra from the hero for ranged and melee which was another NPC commander. True that NPC targets are much easier overall to defeat than castle lords especially real human players, but still these new Shapeshifter commanders could also help increase pvp competition and increase more spending on the game as well which may include some non ruby buyers as well getting more interested in the game resulting in spending money on it.

Especially when you consider the fact that in the future there might also be cast as well with 20% more ranged and melee bonuses which would result in other players needing the Shapeshifter Commanders to compete against this type of cast and players who already have Kala needing an extra 10% cast with higher wall, gate, and moat protections to compete with commander that has 20% ranged and melee with higher wall, gate, and moat bonuses. A new cast could also if necessary have raised courtyard and troops stationed on wall bonuses as well. And, if a player gets a lot of support they could still have a chance of winning a defense even against a powerful Shapeshifter commander without necessarily having to open gates or use fire cast. Bottom line is that I disagree that the Shapeshifter commander is a joke.
    Post edited by David Noble (US1) on
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • sir-haba (SKN1)sir-haba (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 316
    Those presets are great, have been waiting for them for a long time. next you could give some easier way to use those vip premium commanders.
  • ang1243 (GB1)ang1243 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,834
    edited 26.01.2018
    When GGE announced in the summer that they'd be releasing updates every month, I was hoping for something significant. At this point GGE really doesn't even need to be creative and come up with new ideas—there are plenty of good ideas here on the forums such as bringing back the old events—so really the only thing left to do is write the code for the updates. With hundreds of employees involved in the company, it shouldn't be as hard as they seem to make it to write old updates back in. Maybe if management removed the gym and free beer in GGS, we'd have some better results.

This update would've quite literally taken at most a day of productive work (really the only work that had to be done was designing the graphics). In terms of actually programming, ten minutes at most to copy and paste in the code for this seasonal event and server competition (which is for some reason seemingly the biggest part of this update), and changing a few numbers around in the achievements.

Just sad.

@TheBlueIcicle (US1)

I'm constantly passing on the feedback for things like bringing old events back; Beri Invasion, Royal Capital, a reworked alliance tournament, etc.

They have a gym and free beer at GGS? I know where I'm going on holiday to this year!  :p

Hey @Philt123 (GB1)

Thanks for the response, I'll try and answer each of your points.

Firstly, if each of the watchtowers had a global cooldown - nobody would play the event as very few people would ever have a chance of attacking the watchtowers. 

In regards to the achievements - it's more points for people to work for - cos we know everyone playing the game loves points - I certainly do :D and the coat of arms symbols don't have to be bought - they're just there as an option, if you don't want to buy them, I'd suggest not buying them, similar to the farming tools.

In regards to the shapeshifter comm, the argument from GGE regarding the previous caps was that it provided too many possibilities for combinations which were more OP than the shapeshifter comm - not specifically that it allowed people to make 110% melee/ranged commanders - this was not something GGE were planning to remove from the game, they just had to set a base line to set the foundations for future sets.

Regarding the shapeshifters, I pass on any constructive feedback about it, so if you want to let me know any you might have, feel free to DM me on the forum or reply in this thread or the shapeshifter thread. 

Cheers,

Angus
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    To be fair with the coat of arms thing there is no one on UK server and prob only a handfull of players worldwide thathave unlocked the final food icon, so all bar those handful still have somethign to work towards,  whilst everyone loves an achievment, once i have unlocked the last food one, I cant see me going out of my way to unlock the others.  if i do through normal gameplay so be it, but defo wouldnt go out of my way for example if i dont need to do the master level underworld i wont bother.  same with the clicky ones  i simply wont bother.  however if there was somethign worth working towards then i would, do the events i hate i it meant achieving a goal.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • sir-haba (SKN1)sir-haba (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 316
    To be fair with the coat of arms thing there is no one on UK server and prob only a handfull of players worldwide thathave unlocked the final food icon, so all bar those handful still have somethign to work towards,  whilst everyone loves an achievment, once i have unlocked the last food one, I cant see me going out of my way to unlock the others.  if i do through normal gameplay so be it, but defo wouldnt go out of my way for example if i dont need to do the master level underworld i wont bother.  same with the clicky ones  i simply wont bother.  however if there was somethign worth working towards then i would, do the events i hate i it meant achieving a goal.
    yep, right now achievments are only good reason to go to underworlds master level, but I'm also waiting are they gonna update the prizes from underworld, like they hinted in the live broadcast. maybe there is coming something to go for.
Sign In to comment.