We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Event Teaser: Attack of the shapeshifter

Comments

• Manatee (US1)Manatee (US1) Posts: 2,723
    edited 17.01.2018
    I did very well and STILL have no clue how the point system works.

I'm pretty sure at this point that it's not simply based on ratio of troops lost to troops killed.  Can also verify it has nothing to do with how quickly you break the wall.  Has to be something related to the type of troops, or maybe the might variance is a factor as well.  Maybe even a calculation that takes in all of: your own sent/loss ratio and the loss/killed ratio and the type of troops involved.

Wouldn't it be funny if it was completely random?
    manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
    My ideal method of suicide: climbing Ultimo's ego and jumping to his IQ
  • I did very well and STILL have no clue how the point system works.

I'm pretty sure at this point that it's not simply based on ratio of troops lost to troops killed.  Can also verify it has nothing to do with how quickly you break the wall.  Has to be something related to the type of troops, or maybe the might variance is a factor as well.  Maybe even a calculation that takes in all of: your own sent/loss ratio and the loss/killed ratio and the type of troops involved.

Jokes on you it is random.
    Hard-Mode:
    4.5k defense troops
    http://prntscr.com/i1ue08
    *Note: Also on this attack my hospital was filled with demons.

13 defense troops
    http://prntscr.com/i1uec6

Just look at those two reports and tell me it isn't randomized or you get shafted by this system. I killed almost 100 times as many in the first as in the second but in the second attack I got more red blood and more charms. The only difference that I can tell is I won the second battle and not the first but what sense does that make?
    I have no loyalty.

• David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 17.01.2018

Hard-Mode:
    4.5k defense troops

13 defense troops

Just look at those two reports and tell me it isn't randomized or you get shafted by this system. I killed almost 100 times as many in the first as in the second but in the second attack I got more red blood and more charms. The only difference that I can tell is I won the second battle and not the first but what sense does that make?
    Interesting. They did advise in Stream to not go on full hardcore mode, but in some situations you could actually get away with it especially against a castle with weak cast and/or a very small number troops stationed in a Shapeshifter castle. One of my shapeshifter castles had like only 3 troops stationed and also a very weak cast, but went on full hardcore mode for that.

Edit: The espionage report of only 3 was misleading and there turned out to be a lot more troops stationed inside, but even on full hardcore  mode and not sending six full waves I still won all three positions, had only 78 casualties, and made like 1.2k points from full hardcore and also got 150 charms as well. The cast was still the same though of only 9.4% melee total with no bonuses for ranged. I am still left wondering what would have happened if I had sent six full waves and if it could have gotten me more points and closer to the 2k. I only sent the faster troops though with 50 speed which would help explain why I did not send in full waves.
    David Noble @ usa 1

Hard-Mode:
    4.5k defense troops

13 defense troops

Interesting. They did advise in Stream to not go on full hardcore mode, but in some situations you could actually get away with it especially against a castle with weak cast and/or a very small number troops stationed in a Shapeshifter castle. One of my shapeshifter castles had like only 3 troops stationed and also a very weak cast, but went on full hardcore mode for that.

Edit: The espionage report of only 3 was misleading and there turned out to be a lot more troops stationed inside, but even on full hardcore  mode and not sending six full waves I still won all three positions, had only 78 casualties, and made like 1.2k points from full hardcore and also got 150 charms as well. The cast was still the same though of only 9.4% melee total with no bonuses for ranged. I am still left wondering what would have happened if I had sent six full waves and if it could have gotten me more points and closer to the 2k. I only sent the faster troops though with 50 speed which would help explain why I did not send in full waves.
    How much blood or charms did you get? In reference to Manatees' response we are trying to find a way to maxamize blood per hit.
    I have no loyalty.

edited 18.01.2018

Hard-Mode:
    4.5k defense troops

13 defense troops

How much blood or charms did you get? In reference to Manatees' response we are trying to find a way to maxamize blood per hit.
    I killed 711 on hard mode from that one castle even though the espionage report showed only 3 (although, it was also a weak cast as well that used no tools as well). Anything with 2k or less is fairly easy to win against especially if you can attack with a strong commander that has six waves and use the proper troop and tool setup even on hard mode. In this case scenario which I rarely do in pvp I only used ladders for the walls and tools for the gate as the only tools that I used because of it being a weak cast with very few troops stationed inside with no tools equipped on the walls. It is important to keep in mind that even though I did not use any mantlets or tools for moat on that attack that some Shapeshifter totems might actually be multiple and/or dead accounts as well.
    David Noble @ usa 1

Hard-Mode:
    4.5k defense troops

13 defense troops

If you had sent a full army on the second hit with 13 troops I believe you would have got more points.

Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,616GB1
    So what we know so far is that the points system is broken, that you get more points the less might points you have. that sometimes you can get more points by sending tiny attacks, that you get no more shape shifter charms on hard mode than you do on normal mode.

We also know that the anonimity thing doesnt work, i have had a number of messages saying guess that was you hitting me then.  And they were all right.

from what i have seen there really is no real advantage to going hard mode, certainly not one worth putting all your troops at risk, big risk tiny upside.  No thanks.

Also from what i have seen only 1 in 15 hits i have sent have bothered to change the setup or defend the att properly.  So to be honest its nothing like Pvp until you find a way to engage / reward the defender then you are never going to get player buy in.

There comes the next problem, if you get player buy in you will soon realise PVP system is even more broken than you realised at the higher ends of the game hitting from 150 clicks is totally pointless  The reality is that at the higher levels of the game, its now entirley possible to hold 15,000 defenders in an OP and still have positive food burn, so that means its entirley mossible to hold 50,000 defensive troops in green alone without having negative food burn, OFC at the moment that will be uncommon but as time goes on will become more and more common. so what you will find is that if people could actually be bothered to play the game the scoring system would simply not work, as you would have people constantly running into 30-50k walls of troops, and I dont care what troops you use or what com you have or what attacking bonus you have, if you meet 50,000 troops in the keep you gonna walk away with a loss with bad ratios.

At the moment good scores are dependant on you basically hitting someone who is not bothered about defending, should they choose to defend you are basically screwed.  Also given the fact that the attacks you can sometimes work out who is attacking you.  then how long do you think this event is going to be dominated by players stacking castles. and maximising their scoresby arranging exactly what setup / what troops they want in their castle.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,805AU1
    Hardcore is worth when sending snipes on real targets cause you can get 2k+ easily then , but to get those most player will have to lower their mp by storing deco or taking off equipment cause most of the active players can hold enough defense to defend a single hit of someone at their level.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
    edited 18.01.2018
    There seems to be no difference between normal mode and full hardcore mode when only 32 troops and no tools are sent. I have seen one attack on full hardcore mode with only 32 troops and no tools make it into the courtyard with 400 points total. Normal mode I allowed the same thing to happen and surprisingly the results were the same of 400 points even on normal mode. How do you figure that? Only 32 troops with no tools on both hard mode and even on normal mode can get you 50 charms if at least one position makes it into the courtyard. I made a little over 2,000 points once for winning on full Hardcore mode against small defenses from a Shapeshifter Totem which possibly could be more than I would ever make on normal mode, but still when you send only 32 troops there seems to be little difference between normal mode and full hardcore mode if at least one position makes it into the courtyard. Now I did have 2 casualties on normal mode from demon horrors vs. no casualties on full hardcore vs. 32 defenders, but still it is a little surprising that the points made from both modes were the same. My best guess is that the least amount of points are made when attackers or defenders do not make it into the courtyard.
    Post edited by David Noble (US1) on
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • i have started to notice that the shapeshifter camp doesnt multiply my points unless i turn on all of the options for the hardcore mode.

• Manatee (US1)Manatee (US1) Posts: 2,723
    From what I'm seeing, the latest trend is that advanced players are dropping all of their might points so that they are paired with Shape-Shifters who are much weaker players than them.  Then they attack at full hard-mode for the most points since it's more likely to be able to win.

Not sure what I think about that yet, but with all of the stuff GGE won't fix timely because it doesn't hurt their wallets, I suppose take whatever advantages you can get to try and get the new commander quicker.  GGE will probably fix that workaround next time (maybe take an average of the past week's Might instead of a snapshot at rollover time?).
    manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
    My ideal method of suicide: climbing Ultimo's ego and jumping to his IQ
  • From what I'm seeing, the latest trend is that advanced players are dropping all of their might points so that they are paired with Shape-Shifters who are much weaker players than them.  Then they attack at full hard-mode for the most points since it's more likely to be able to win.

Not sure what I think about that yet, but with all of the stuff GGE won't fix timely because it doesn't hurt their wallets, I suppose take whatever advantages you can get to try and get the new commander quicker.  GGE will probably fix that workaround next time (maybe take an average of the past week's Might instead of a snapshot at rollover time?).
    Why not just level? No point in doing Might points because players can change it, level players can't stop themselves from leveling up but they can prolong each level.
    I have no loyalty.

• JYT (US1)JYT (US1) Posts: 765US1

Am I misremembering or didn't they say this was fixed?
    Discord: JYT#1574
    Anything I write is solely reflective of what I believe. Nothing I say should be taken as fact, and I am no one's spokesperson.
  • JYT (US1) said:

Am I misremembering or didn't they say this was fixed?
    And you believe what did they say, why????
  • Not sure if anyone else has had this problem, did not read the whole thread.

Last night I sent out 3 attacks on shapeshifter totems before I went to bed.  This morning when I check in there are no battle reports, and ALL the attackers I sent were at my MAIN and did not go back to the ops I sent them from.  If I had signed in a half hour later they all would have starved.  And I got no credit for 3 attacks.

Seems like a BIG glitch!

• did you launch before midnight when the towers reset?

one of our guys did and got the same results. no battle report, all attackers back to main.

doesnt seem like a glitch as the target changes but they could at least give you a report and send attackers back to their originating castle
    STEVIEBEANZ @ en 1
  • Yes, attacks would have landed after midnight; but if that is a problem then system should not let you send.  And troops should ALWAYS go back to op or castle they were sent from.
  • From what I'm seeing, the latest trend is that advanced players are dropping all of their might points so that they are paired with Shape-Shifters who are much weaker players than them.  Then they attack at full hard-mode for the most points since it's more likely to be able to win.

Dropped over 450k might points to get to a total of around 600k. Still 4 with over 8k and one hard mode hittable 3.5k. I'm guessing you would have to drop much farther or its all just random, including the points system.
    coolguymatt @ usa 1
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) Posts: 606US1
    As someone mentioned about getting credit for attacks, I don't get credit for all my attacks either.  Since today's rollover, 3 attacks have been launched and landed.  Have brs on each.  Go into the tent and look at the series score there and only 1 is there.  
    Yesterday, I did 5 token attacks and the tent only recorded three.

Seem to get all the tokens I'm supposed to though.

Agree the score system seems totally random.
Sign In to comment.