We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

[Feedback needed] Shapeshifter Trial Run

11012»

Comments

• We_Ner (US1)We_Ner (US1) Posts: 365
    edited 18.12.2017
    I am having a fantastic time destroying as many armorer tools as possible from the idiots that send tooled attacks. I love leaving 3 wall up and coaxing tools to totem then changing to flanks and leaving 1% in the middle. I caught 450 armorer tools this AM off one dummys attack and he only killed 1400 of 12k and got no points for it....haha. I never send a single tool at any totem, i send 32 at the 3 wall toolburners and send down undefended with 6 waves on the ones who arent. Both those scenarios result in pretty much same exact points and 100% the same store tokens. This is th stupidest event ive ever seen and theres not a single reason to play it correctly. The only losers in this event are the ones who try to attack and tool correctly.... Just a sad sad effort at a new event. Maybe this time with 99% negative comments they will change it, but with the cost of tools and the loss they are seeing i have to assume they will leave it as is. Just to make more money from those who are dumb enough to participate correctly.

edit: you can get a good idea whos hitting you from the commander names you can see in the details of your defense battle report.
    edit2: Just wiped another 435 armorer tools bringing todays total close to 900 burnt armorer tools in 2 attacks lmao
    Post edited by We_Ner (US1) on

We_Ner @ usa 1

• Contra (US1)Contra (US1) Posts: 39US1
    The points earned makes no sense.  You beat a poorly defended defended castle and get way more points than beating a well defended castle.  So, as a result how your score depends  on 'luck of the draw'  of the weaker castles you can hit each day.  I had one with over 27000 defenders.. a bit of overkill...lol
    I recall somewhere this event was meant to encourage better pvp attacking and defending skills.  Really? So what's the point of battle reports with no info? 

Already bored, please make it shorter.
    Contra @ usa 1
    "Therefore, we devised a different solution where we can control the process of player’s progression more easily to keep the motivation of players for a longer period and enjoy their gaming experience."   GGS regarding the Nov 2017 Update

Translation: We are restricting player progress making it slower to achieve your goals, more frustrating and boring. We expect you to enjoy.

• Ok I played a little, here is feed back:

Plus: You don't need to click like mad at least 6 hours per day for this event or be online for whole days for good result, like samu, beri, nomads, FC/BC.

Minus: everything else...sorry, but those who want PvP do PvP :) and is much more excited..
    Bubik @ WWW 1
  • This is a horrible excuse of an event; it's clear that it is an attempt to make up for the fact that you want to cave to the people who won't defend in the alliance tourney, but can't find a way to do so properly.

Instead, you try and give people masks like a masquerade ball, change their troops, and tell people to attack like that makes it better.  Here's a thought, just bring back the alliance tourney and take this mess away.  It was poorly executed, thought out, presented (and explained) to the game. It has no clear path for rewards beyond some mythical equipment set in the future that no one knows the stats of and may live up to the hype of storm island, if we're lucky.

The fun of PvP is that you don't know where your enemy is coming from.  I can attack someone 50 clics or 800 from me, you don't get the long horn if it's close to me but you do if it's longer.  ALSO, I get to prepare for the alliance support if it's longer so I get more glory by flagging it at that point. 

I won't go into detail about the amount of time this event requires to set up a true attack.  I have to constantly check troop strength if I want to attack one castle while I have a majority of defense troops committed to memory.  This isn't fun, which PVP is supposed to be.  It's why I joined the game and one of the few reasons I (and others) stay.

The alliance tourney is one of the few events that our alliance shined at, heck it's one of the few we ever won on US1.  When you have seasoned war vets and PVP guys in this thread and others telling you that this event sucks, hopefully you'll look at what you've made and realized you should be focusing on the events that have become a success, and that people long for, before making stuff people don't want.  

1) Why didn't you just fix the alliance tourney?
    2) City event? Wah
    3) Can you please, for the love of anything holy, update rewards/equipment in FL/BC?
    4) Do you know any other day than Tuesday-Thursday for berimond?
    5) Berimond in green?

Just a few questions that would be FAR more important than a crappy event that is meant to cover an event new players don't even remember and old players remember as a far better time in the game.
    WiseDaniel @ usa 1
  • JYT (US1)JYT (US1) Posts: 770US1
    Forums: "Event sucks. Bring back the good events please"
    Me: Got to throw the whole company away
    Discord: JYT#1574
    Anything I write is solely reflective of what I believe. Nothing I say should be taken as fact, and I am no one's spokesperson.
  • I am having a fantastic time destroying as many armorer tools as possible from the idiots that send tooled attacks. I love leaving 3 wall up and coaxing tools to totem then changing to flanks and leaving 1% in the middle. I caught 450 armorer tools this AM off one dummys attack and he only killed 1400 of 12k and got no points for it....haha. I never send a single tool at any totem, i send 32 at the 3 wall toolburners and send down undefended with 6 waves on the ones who arent. Both those scenarios result in pretty much same exact points and 100% the same store tokens. This is th stupidest event ive ever seen and theres not a single reason to play it correctly. The only losers in this event are the ones who try to attack and tool correctly.... Just a sad sad effort at a new event. Maybe this time with 99% negative comments they will change it, but with the cost of tools and the loss they are seeing i have to assume they will leave it as is. Just to make more money from those who are dumb enough to participate correctly.

edit: you can get a good idea whos hitting you from the commander names you can see in the details of your defense battle report.
    edit2: Just wiped another 435 armorer tools bringing todays total close to 900 burnt armorer tools in 2 attacks lmao
    You're so awesome.
  • I have better idea.. If I see attack on me I  will leave no castellan equipment no tools and 10k defenders; so, anyone who need blood points can get them easy .. my defenders will remain anyway..

and then we are pretty much close to glory run for what aliance tournament was removed :)
    Bubik @ WWW 1
  • leeshir (US1)leeshir (US1) Posts: 34US1
    Sorry I am not a fan of the shapeshifters. The travel time is way too long. You can't get loot!  This is complicated and a very stupid event!!!
    leeshir @ usa 1
  • RE: Morentz

a) Don't think your post belongs in this thread.

b) It's easy to hit somebody who is sleeping and where there is not enough time to wake them up to defend properly. Not everybody cheats with password-sharing like your alliance does.
    You are a multi
    VeeWeeZY @ usa 1

• Ama C (US1)Ama C (US1) Posts: 15US1
    Thumbs down on this event, troops attacking me is greater than BC/FL and spy report for me to attack them have larger troop count than I can attack back even with 5th wave.  And, what about the courtyard!
    Seems to be combination of RB's and FL in greater troop numbers and you are on your own; which I don't mind if numbers are reasonable. 
    Is this a for sure, full steam ahead event?  Needs re-thinking!
    Ama C @ usa 1
  • How is it possible to get 700 troops on the wall when the shapeshifters cast doesnt show any bonus troops on the wall?
    bring back the allaince tournement back please!!!
  • How is it possible to get 700 troops on the wall when the shapeshifters cast doesnt show any bonus troops on the wall?
    Calculates the troops as though they are kingsguard... So if you have stronger than that, then you will have more troops on the wall. Now lets add on HoL and the construction yard item, wouldn't be too surprising for someone to have that.
  • Nice job GGE cant fix or remove the bad event but takes less than an a day to notice a bug that helped us. Only got hotfixed cause we were able to send tools without troops in middle and flank and when they returned they doubled in inventory. We were sending 600 and making 600 more shield walls per attack. They dont care about the issues with the event that hurt us, just the one that gave us something.

We_Ner @ usa 1

What steel said and id like to add your defense setup screen has a check box to change to shapeshifter setup and will show the increased troop count after they turn vet d into weaker kg troops.

We_Ner @ usa 1

• Mondeo (RO1)Mondeo (RO1) Posts: 240RO1
    The most crappiest event ever...
    pls remove it asap
    Gânditul este una dintre cele mai dificile slujbe.
    Poate din acest motiv foarte puțini se angajează la el
  • roais (AU1)roais (AU1) Posts: 1AU1
    very hard on tools some have not come back even if not used
Sign In to comment.