Home English (UK) News from the world of Empire

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

[Feedback needed] Shapeshifter Trial Run

Comments

• GGE get ride of this joke of event over priced no real goal attack lose all your troops get vary low coins bring back alliance turny please shapeshifters is a fail for gge
  • MERRICK6 (US1)MERRICK6 (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    Hey everyone,

The Shapeshifter event starting today is designed to be a trial run of the event - we really want to get the event right for as many people as possible - so we want your feedback! Some things won't be available in the first event, for example Equipment won't be possible to purchase in the shop - this is because the pricing is still being reviewed along with the stats.

We really want to know what you think of the event let us know below - it will start in just under half an hour at 11.30 CET

Thanks,

Angus
    So far it seems a bit garbage honestly.  Tying up good commanders and troops for no resources, just the chance to kill your own troops?

Add a minimum payout of outer resources of say 10k each per attack and it becomes worth it to invest the long travel times.

What makes events worth playing is either glory titles (beri) or the ability to upgrade items and buildings or donate heavily to the alliance with resources from the battles.

I'm seeing literally no benefit to committing my troops to long travel for myself or the alliance in the Shapeshifter event.

I will continue to pop the Sams and outer towers since those serve the above mentioned purposes.  But I won't be bothered with this Shapeshifter garbage.
  • I think its unfair that the attacker loses tools and the defender does not.  If you want this to be a training event which is desperately needed at all levels.

1. No cost in the way of tools.
    2. Show complete reports win or lose for the attacker.  That way they can learn, unlike in real attacks where a loss hides part of the report.
    3. Allow more attacks since it you don't lose troops and if you fix the tool issue for attacker, then tools will not be lost.
    5. As rewards give great 5 piece sets that one can mix and match with other sets.  I hate these monkey suit 9 piece sets where its all the same.  Give us creative types some fun to do by creating interesting sets.
    6. At least let us get food from the attacks, other wise I might as well ignore and do 32 men hits for freebees
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 16.12.2017
    I just completed the first day's event. As it is structured at present it is neither fun nor productive. Anyone with any common sense will leave thousands of defenders (7-12K) in the castle making it almost impossible to lose. This goes both ways. Sure you might find someone who has no sense and a win could be scored, but as the event progresses thre will be fewer and fewer who fall into this category.

Nice try but this event needs major rework.
    I was lucky and won without using any tools at all. I attacked a player who was apparently not online with 1.8k shapeshifters with 90/90 cast and won with plenty of troops left over just by attacking on two positions only that were not defended with my six waves. Made a lot of points for that attack as well. That attack was made with my Foreign Warlord commander that has four level 9 courtyard gems and level 17 equipment. This cast however only had a troops stationed bonus with no courtyard, but easily crushed the defender in the courtyard

Another easy way to make a lot of points besides luck is by using hardcore mode and attacking a small castle with that and at the same time sending a full sized army or attacking a big castle with a small army and no tools and also using hardcore mode for that as well. In both circumstances you would not lose a significant amount of attackers. Tools lost perhaps if you were were going to use them against a castle with small defense, but not  nearly as much loss of troops as from an castle with thousands of shapeshifters in it by a full sized army when using hardcore mode.
    Post edited by David Noble (US1) on
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 16.12.2017
    How come I don't show up on the rankings for the Shapeshifter insignias despite earning points? 
    I'm not exactly an expert on this event, kind of confusing to me, but I believe you need to hit 5 shapeshifters before you can be ranked. The rank is determined by your best series of 5, so if you haven't attacked 5 of them yet you did not complete a series, giving you no rank.  
    I think that you have to use hardcore mode in order to be ranked and gain insignias, but that is only just a guess.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • BM QueenBBM QueenB Posts: 200
    How come I don't show up on the rankings for the Shapeshifter insignias despite earning points? 
    I'm not exactly an expert on this event, kind of confusing to me, but I believe you need to hit 5 shapeshifters before you can be ranked. The rank is determined by your best series of 5, so if you haven't attacked 5 of them yet you did not complete a series, giving you no rank.  
    I think that you have to use hardcore mode in order to be ranked and gain insignias, but that is only just a guess.

hi dear 
    u don't need to go to hardcore mode to get ranked, 
    but entering the hardcore mode give you the opportunity to get better points so you get better rank in the end.

• Still don't think its fair the attacker loses tools but the defender doe not.  Particularly since the rewards are crap, I see no reason to use expensive ruby tools for very little return.  They need to make the rewards worth the loss in ruby tools.
  • This is dumber than the alliance city event GGE had. Stop trying so hard to come up with stuff to use as distractions for people that don't like PvP. If you don't like PvP, then go play Farmville, I promise you, your farm will never be on fire.
  • OFERMA (RO1)OFERMA (RO1) RO1 Posts: 247
    The hardcore multipliers are too low, not worthing the risk.
    Also the difference between winning or losing a battle is not very stimulating.
    And those decos are for low level players...
    The only good thing is that you can hit those dolls from protection mode - maybe we should be able to do so in all events.
    q S r @ ro 1
  • Viability (US1)Viability (US1) Posts: 402
    edited 16.12.2017
    GGE be like: Here's a new puppy for Christmas! However, it is flea and tick ridden but you'll get used to the bugs! Merry Chistmas to the people who pay our salaries!
    It seems some mod with a Napoleon Complex likes deleting people's signatures. Get a life. I called you on your BS and you single me out. Again. Get a life.

Not buying a single ruby. Not feeding the gluttonous pig known as GGE. You have lost our trust!
  •      Well , it don't sound like the players enjoy this BullSh!t event anymore today than I did yesterday!!! GGE keeps trying to comeup with new and fun to play games , but failing very badly!!!! Don't any of you get it yet!!!! You had a winner of a game several years ago, why did you change it? PLEASE go back to the things that got you to the top, once upon a time.

Long ago you had programmers writing the games and players marketing the games for you and you went to the top but then you let the moneymen weasel their way into the boardroom and you've been going down and losing your customer base ever since. Now you keep trying to putout gaming events that are no fun to play, cost lots to play, and have no rewards for winning.

I've played this game for several years now and loved it way back when!! For the last couple of years, GGE has went downhill so fast that it's hard for me to believe. The game is NOT any fun to play anymore.I keep hoping that you'll get your head on straight and go back to the things that got you to the top. For the last two years just about every new event you've came up with is worse than the one before. I don't want to leave this game but you keep this Sh!t up and I won't be the only person looking for a new game. Ohhh, and there are lots of them out there!!!!

• The worst event yet.

Despite being advised otherwise I have lost ruby defence tools after being attacked by shapeshifters whilst offline.

But I did win and got 135 coins ........... hoorah !!!!!

This event is pants and whats more pants of the grubbiest order.
    Whoever thought rolling this crap out at this time of year and in its present obviously flawed format should be seriously ashamed of themselves.
    Elux Lucis @ en 1
  • Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) AU1 Posts: 575
    edited 17.12.2017
    yes as currently presented the event is a joke and purely for whales if u want to do well BUT lets work on it as the basic premise is good. I for one like  testing my defs and attacks.. 

SO 

1. Must it be a money spinner for GGS?   ie do we need to lose troops and tools even in hard mode?  Make it a challenge for players

2. IF GGS wants our money at least give us tangible rewards worth playing for  -kres, res, coin, rubies, whatever.

3. Give some kind of reward for successful defence..eg def troops & tools. \

a side thought...maybe it could be a little like beri with special troops AND tools you could buy with COINS.  These could be teflon coated so that they become boomerang troops  i.e. they come back ! 
    Post edited by Shares (AU1) on
    Shares @ au 1
  • John Titor (INT1)John Titor (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247

Well , it don't sound like the players enjoy this BullSh!t event anymore today than I did yesterday!!! GGE keeps trying to comeup with new and fun to play games , but failing very badly!!!! Don't any of you get it yet!!!! You had a winner of a game several years ago, why did you change it? PLEASE go back to the things that got you to the top, once upon a time.

Long ago you had programmers writing the games and players marketing the games for you and you went to the top but then you let the moneymen weasel their way into the boardroom and you've been going down and losing your customer base ever since. Now you keep trying to putout gaming events that are no fun to play, cost lots to play, and have no rewards for winning.

I've played this game for several years now and loved it way back when!! For the last couple of years, GGE has went downhill so fast that it's hard for me to believe. The game is NOT any fun to play anymore.I keep hoping that you'll get your head on straight and go back to the things that got you to the top. For the last two years just about every new event you've came up with is worse than the one before. I don't want to leave this game but you keep this Sh!t up and I won't be the only person looking for a new game. Ohhh, and there are lots of them out there!!!!

What I understand, like any company, GGS tried to expand it and hired more ppl etc. introduced many new games, but no luck with them. Only game they make money was and is GGE.

Problem is that E doesn't attract any new players any more and older ones are too quitting. At player view like me the main and biggest problem is that the cap between new player and veteran is wide too big. And of course there is no tier to this. When new player realize this, he quit, simple as this. Of course if he ever even reach level where this comes obvious.

Sorry to say, but I dont see this game will survive. Too many bugs, management doesnt listen customers. No new players coming, older ones quitting (like me) etc. And biggest problem is trying to squeeze more money from player base that is shrinking all ready.

Trolling and rolling since ....... who knows?
  • dreamtree (US1)dreamtree (US1) US1 Posts: 1,366

Well , it don't sound like the players enjoy this BullSh!t event anymore today than I did yesterday!!! GGE keeps trying to comeup with new and fun to play games , but failing very badly!!!! Don't any of you get it yet!!!! You had a winner of a game several years ago, why did you change it? PLEASE go back to the things that got you to the top, once upon a time.

What I understand, like any company, GGS tried to expand it and hired more ppl etc. introduced many new games, but no luck with them. Only game they make money was and is GGE.

Problem is that E doesn't attract any new players any more and older ones are too quitting. At player view like me the main and biggest problem is that the cap between new player and veteran is wide too big. And of course there is no tier to this. When new player realize this, he quit, simple as this. Of course if he ever even reach level where this comes obvious.

Sorry to say, but I dont see this game will survive. Too many bugs, management doesnt listen customers. No new players coming, older ones quitting (like me) etc. And biggest problem is trying to squeeze more money from player base that is shrinking all ready.
    Have you only been playing since 15.02.16? 
    When did you start playing the game? I've played for almost five years...
    Ya this event needs a major overhaul. 
    Lv 70 dreamtree @ usa 1! This account is best described as a tree in a large forest...
    @ international 1! @ international 2! @ English 1! Those accounts are retired.
    http://prntscr.com/53jb2i
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://prntscr.com/61r5kl
    500k might points. I know. A lot of people have higher. Wow, now I have have over 700k... 
    http://prntscr.com/ek3c51

http://prntscr.com/gers7n
    Yay! A nice reward!

• John Titor (INT1)John Titor (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247

Long enough. So your biggest concern was how long I have been playing? Im not so stupid to post my main game account here. I think JT is ruins now all ready. LOL.

Trolling and rolling since ....... who knows?
  • dreamtree (US1)dreamtree (US1) US1 Posts: 1,366

Long enough. So your biggest concern was how long I have been playing? Im not so stupid to post my main game account here. I think JT is ruins now all ready. LOL.
    Actually its stupid to not use your main account... 
    You claimed to have played for a long time. 
    Its true bad management will be the death of this game. LOL, that GGS needs to hammer out the event to this degree is absurd. I really hope they can fix this event because I have so much time invested in this game. 
    Lv 70 dreamtree @ usa 1! This account is best described as a tree in a large forest...
    @ international 1! @ international 2! @ English 1! Those accounts are retired.
    http://prntscr.com/53jb2i
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://prntscr.com/61r5kl
    500k might points. I know. A lot of people have higher. Wow, now I have have over 700k... 
    http://prntscr.com/ek3c51

http://prntscr.com/gers7n
    Yay! A nice reward!

• Freydis (AU1)Freydis (AU1) AU1 Posts: 83
    Should all 5 totems have 6 to 9k each to attack? Or is this a legendary level thing? 

Phoenix is not impressed with the event...very little reward, troops not returning when suppose to in normal mode and it is so very long for the lower levelled members to send their attacks and then wait for their troops to return home. Thus, not allowing them to attack Sams during the event.

We had 9 players in the top 50 on the first day, but today most have decided not to continue participating in the event. It is boring, full of bugs and has no rewards worth collecting. We are going to concentrate on Sams. 

Carolyn Romani @ au 1
  • eibbed62 (AU1)eibbed62 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 394
    I am still struggling to find a reason to be bothered defending against one of these attacks. so I am not. I truly can't be arsed participating in this event in any way.

Good luck to all who think it is fun, but I am sure they are few and far between.
    Thanks, but no thanks
    Debbie
    eibbed62 @ au 1
Sign In to comment.