Home English (UK) Alliance News & Diplomacy

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Fair play

With fair play is it  permitted to hit 10 levels ABOVE your xp level ?

Comments

• Why does it make sense to protect people that are a higher level?

If you're a higher level than them, you should have a pretty clear advantage and be able to easily repel them.
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • nothing in the uk fair play guidelines prevent a low level hitting anyone they want above their own level

apart from the normal stuff (fires, 20 clicks, etc)
    MightyHawklord @ en 1
    leader of the mighty dragon legion
    non-ruby buying alliance

be afraid,be very afraid
    registered Linux user 476319
    registered machine 408663

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/334430/unfair-practice-from-ggs-support
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,104
    If they are a multi-accounter or in an alliance of known multi-accounters advice is to steer clear.  They are outside the rules so you can't guarantee they will react proportionally.  Also better not to reward them for rule breaches.  They play a different game which involves playing the system, they are like the plague best avoided.  Does rather limit the field but on the bright side we won't need to worry about PVP for much longer anyway ;)
    Batten @ en 1
  • nothing in the uk fair play guidelines prevent a low level hitting anyone they want above their own level

apart from the normal stuff (fires, 20 clicks, etc)
    Yes there is? It’s 10 levels isn’t it...
    WAR PLAYER
  • nope,

10 levels below, anything above

7. No hitting players more than 10 levels below your own prior to level 70, with the exception of direct retaliations

MightyHawklord @ en 1
    non-ruby buying alliance

be afraid,be very afraid

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/334430/unfair-practice-from-ggs-support
  • nope,

10 levels below, anything above

7. No hitting players more than 10 levels below your own prior to level 70, with the exception of direct retaliations

If anyone below level 70 hits me I’m burning them everywhere, I’ve always been told it’s 10 levels either way and level 70s only hit 70s
    WAR PLAYER
  • i believe this will clear things up

http://www.empire-app.co.uk/fairplay.asp

its on your app
    MightyHawklord @ en 1
    non-ruby buying alliance

be afraid,be very afraid

• Thank you all for your responses.
  • That link is literally TL;DR
    Friedrich IV US1
  • thats up to you guys, work for us,

imo we have a pretty healthy state of play with developing new players who get time to learn and play the game,

i guess we just want players to play against instead of burning people out of the game just because they are weaker than you
    MightyHawklord @ en 1
    non-ruby buying alliance

be afraid,be very afraid

• i believe this will clear things up

http://www.empire-app.co.uk/fairplay.asp

its on your app
    I don’t read that, it’s like a joke... Rules should be :

Hit if you are okay with being hit
    Don’t hit if you are not okay with being hit 
    WAR PLAYER
  • thats up to you guys, work for us,

imo we have a pretty healthy state of play with developing new players who get time to learn and play the game,

i guess we just want players to play against instead of burning people out of the game just because they are weaker than you
    Actually it is more in line with the code of honor from the time period that this game is based on than the official rules of the game are.  There was a whole theory of a "Just War" from Augustine and a code of conduct called chivalry that is very little touched on when discussing this game.  I am a history buff and that was what attracted me to the game to begin with.  The game is called Goodgame "EMPIRE", not "War Games", so the object is to build an empire and to do so using the code of conduct that of the historical period that the game is based on.  I also think the perception of beng noble also has diplomatic advantages.

Death Has no Dominion
  • You can be diplomatic without whining like a child because someone attacked your castle
    Friedrich IV US1
  • Morentz (US1)Morentz (US1) US1 Posts: 631
    edited 27.11.2017
    thats up to you guys, work for us,

Actually it is more in line with the code of honor from the time period that this game is based on than the official rules of the game are.  There was a whole theory of a "Just War" from Augustine and a code of conduct called chivalry that is very little touched on when discussing this game.  I am a history buff and that was what attracted me to the game to begin with.  The game is called Goodgame "EMPIRE", not "War Games", so the object is to build an empire and to do so using the code of conduct that of the historical period that the game is based on.  I also think the perception of beng noble also has diplomatic advantages.
    Its a video game bro, not real life.

And arguing from a historical basis is retarded, considering how barbaric the Medieval time period was - where people would burn, rape and loot entire cities. All you're doing is citing historical theories of honour/chivalry, which were not realistic nor really practiced in the time period in which they were invented.

Do you think the British Empire was built on the British asking other countries if its okay to invade them?

You're an idiot, and your argument falls completely flat on its face. So much for being a "history buff".

• Samson (GB1)Samson (GB1) GB1 Posts: 12
    Tempus - you should be thinking of worthy 'members' to bash constantly. Have you considered asking other alliances to share their inactive members with you ?. A soft member is better than none after all ;)

Morentz - If PhoenixRising7 wishes to believe that Gingerbread soldiers used to frequent the honourable battlefields of yester-year, who are you to deny him/her their gentle degradation of certain faculties?. Some people believe in a supreme being guiding their daily lives but do you call them out for being delusional ?.  

And before anyone thinks I'm being serious n takes offense, grow up lol
    thats up to you guys, work for us,

Its a video game bro, not real life.

And arguing from a historical basis is retarded, considering how barbaric the Medieval time period was - where people would burn, rape and loot entire cities. All you're doing is citing historical theories of honour/chivalry, which were not realistic nor really practiced in the time period in which they were invented.

Do you think the British Empire was built on the British asking other countries if its okay to invade them?

You're an idiot, and your argument falls completely flat on its face. So much for being a "history buff".
    The British Empire was built more on trade and use of diplomacy playing competing factions off against each other particularly in India.  In some cases we actually did ask countries if they would like us to invade them in order to provide "protection".  The following factors are generally felt by historians to have been significant.  Strangely enough total war didn't make the list.  The British Empire was based on access to goods and resources to create wealth not fighting for fighting sake fighting for a purpose.   

Christianity, Commerce and Civilisation
    Mercantilism
    Technological and Industrial Superiority
    Strategic Imperatives
    Maritime Advantages
    Marxist/Leninist Stages of Development
    Complex Patchwork of Interacting and Dynamic Agencies
    Metropolitan Domination

Arguing from a historical basis in a game with a historical starting point does to me at least seem to make sense and Phoenix Rising is right a lot of the original fairplay rules on En1 did draw from the theory of a Just War and the majority of alliances initially held to them less true now.  
    Batten @ en 1
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_the_United_Kingdom

For those who are interested list of wars we actually fought.  Interestingly the last European Championship wasn't actually first time we'd lost to Iceland.  
    Batten @ en 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file