Home English (UK) News from the world of Empire

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Event Teaser: Attack of the shapeshifter

Comments

• STEVIEBEANZ (GB1)STEVIEBEANZ (GB1) GB1 Posts: 204
    edited 10.11.2017
    Apologies if I missed it but do successful defenders get rewards/points?

Ang you hinted that this was going to lead to more PvP but to me it seems like it's going to lead to more "trolling" and tools lost for attackers.

As you dont know the strength of an incoming army (troops anonymized), people will be tempted to just evacuate and set up a tool cleaning defence. Assuming there's some sort of league table, you can affect the attacker's points total by denying them a proper defence.

AND.... if this event has good prizes, why bother with normal PvP except for grudges? You're still going to use up all your boulders and ruby tools attacking but you get better rewards and lose zero troops.

If anything, this could be the final nail in the coffin for PvP. Unless I'm misunderstanding the post in OP. Which is possible.

It's an interesting idea and I'll give it a go assuming the prizes are good, but judging other recent events GGS has introduced, I expect the first instance of this event to be an absolute cluster due to some silly error the developers make.
    STEVIEBEANZ @ en 1
  • Kage (ASIA1)Kage (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,943
    Hello @BM ang1243
    In this event, how HoL bonuses will work  ?
    Will apply in both sides, defense / attack ? (5/6 waves) ?
    I'd like to know.
    Also what loot will be given if we attack real players with low level from "my server", there will be battles vs low level players 50/69 ?
    So a level 70 will not gain  legendary resources ?

Also about the event, is really far away, January. Till then i think can be done some changes :)
    Nice event do.

] - asia 1 / Second player on power -   - 2.8m power - Oct. 04. 2019 

I'm a ghost, but i'm still here.
     To be continued....

• EdMohrmann (US1)EdMohrmann (US1) US1 Posts: 127

A 'new' event ?   Hmmmm....let us ALL remember GGS's PRIMARY focus -

making money.  The is an investment for GGS's principals and there will be

a money-making opportunity for them, make no mistake.

Cynical, yes, after almost four years in this 'game,' and thoudands of dollars

poorer.

Trust me, there will be more shoes to drop when this 'new event' debuts,

and NOT to players' benefit, but to the bank balance of GGS.

EdMohrmann @ usa 1
  • This event looks like it sucks tbh. Why not get the Royal Capitol event back, alliance tourney or even get an event that is proper pvp - one that where wars would benefit alliances more.

Lord septimus @us1
  • @BM ang1243

Are you able to expand upon the benefits for the defender? Since there are two currency types is one for the attacker and the other for the defender or is it one for the easy level and the other for the hard? I know this is just a teaser but the player base has developed a very deep cynicism and we need more factual inforamation and not teasers. The teasers are breeding resentment and NOT anticipation which is what I believe they are supposed to do.
    Stumpyalaskan @ usa 1
  • edited 10.11.2017
    Leave it to GGE to make even PvP events PvE. Why hide the attacker/defender? You can't burn them, or kill their troops? That defeats the whole purpose of PvP :(

This is PvE event in disguise. 
    This 100%. Fail GGE. BS event. BRING BACK ALLIANCE TOURNAMENT!!!!!!!! It was not perfect since you could easily boost but it was the only pvp event available. 

Also if you have any desire to bring back PVP to this game you could simply increase the amount of glory you get for hitting a real target. Fuc the glory flags you should get the same glory for hitting a 5k real target that you do for a 5k fake bloodcrow castle with 6 waves of flags. Hell you could even make pvp a "quest," ",adventure," "waste of time contest" with some fun rewards.

Instead GGE reminds me of this guy:

BeastMode
  • SteelSlayer (US1)SteelSlayer (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    Honestly, starting out thought we were going to have a third FL's.... But looking at it, I like all but one aspect. The troops being the same, I don't wanna waste tails on a castle with 8k troops then realize 7k of it is offense...

Few questions...

1. How often will this come?
    2. How long will it usually run for?
    3. If the defender loses nothing, does the attacker get resources?
    4. If the alliance can not support, can they see the horns?
    5. How many people would have us as targets/do we get battle reports for defending? I would not enjoy it if I left for 8 hours came back and my inbox was filled with defensive BR's from this event.
    6. Is the cooldown 24 hours, or do they just reset every day at a certain time?
    EDIT: 7. Does the defender get glory in the battle?

EDIT: I also do like this because it gives the defender a chance to try new setups without losing tools/troops in the process.
    @BM ang1243

A few questions for ya.
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,104
    Essentially it is Foreign Invasion using the castles on you own server rather than castles on another server. 

It institutes no action on addressing the issues that have led to the decline in PvP and provides us with another event were the winner is the player who spends most money on boosts further imbalancing the game for the majority for the benefit of the few.  We already have too many events.  There is no logical narrative link, frankly it's embarassing. It effectively says we are sorry we recognise we've stuffed the game balance up so badly you can't now attack each other and we know we've  increased prices to the point were you can't afford to fight each other in a meaningful way but hey don't worry we'll create mock players rather than tackle the player created problems that have caused the issues.  

JUST TACKLE THE MULTI ISSUE.  THAT IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEED TO DO TO CORRECT THE IMBALANCE.  ENFORCE THE RULES. 

Essentially you introduce this you have us hit by or hitting fake accounts which shouldn't exist.  I'd estimate a minimum of 30% of accounts are now multiple accounts and the number is increasing.  Really little benefit in playing this event and frankly offensive that you even expect us to.  Waste of time.  Really is not much left to love about the game we all thought we were joining to play.  

Batten @ en 1
    PVP = unpredictability, chance luck
    PVE = predicatbility, guaraneteed results, predefined outcomes 

PVP - Democracy
    PVE - Dictatorship
    Batten @ en 1
    Maybe you should cut out the middle man / woman and just give us a subscriber option where we pay you to autoplay the whole game process for us.  
    Batten @ en 1
    If we aren't going to respond to real attacks from players we know to be cheating we definitely aren't going to justify or validate the existence of accounts that shouldn't be in the game in the first place by hitting mock ups of them.  
    Batten @ en 1
  • kampo (US1)kampo (US1) US1 Posts: 283
    @Lady Nym (US1)
    I think the attacker will not lose his tools. But we can ask ang
    @BM ang1243
    Hey @douwew (NL1)

The attacker will lose tools in all modes, but they won't lose troops in normal mode ;)

Looks like a nice event idea to me. Attacker losing his tools won't make any sense to me tbh as it would add a "hope he's offline" gamble to everything - people will only tool the defended flank so they lose as little as possible, meaning your whole attack is potluck about whether the guy at the other end is online or not

EDIT: Actually, I would like to know whether attackers will be included in defender numbers when merging into the shapeshifter units. Particularly if main castles are being used and players have a habit of being slow at shipping out reward troops, I'd like to know if a decent proportion of those units might in fact be horrors etc
    Hey @fujiwara (GB1)

I believe Attackers will be included in the melee/ranged shapeshifter units.

Let me get his straight, you guys are making a Royal Capital rip-off?
    Hey @CaptainBro (US1) and @flug (NL1)

How is this a Royal Capital rip-off?

Leave it to GGE to make even PvP events PvE. Why hide the attacker/defender? You can't burn them, or kill their troops? That defeats the whole purpose of PvP :(

This is PvE event in disguise. 
    Hey @Bear Grills (US1)

The way I'm looking at it (As an active PvP player), is that this is PvP in disguise for PvE players :P If peeps can start to learn what PvP is about, then they will be more robust when defending in normal PvP, and more used to attacking dynamic setups when attacking.

Baby Steps :P 

@BM ang1243

I repost this as I didn't realize I can comment this thread.

What BS is ALL unit will be basked to Shapeshifter sharpshooter (range) or legionnaire (melee) units. So how on earth we can plan our offense or defense properly, if we can't even calculate the strength of the troops in the spy and incoming report? Does GGS developer actually have brain?
    Hey @Peter John (US1)

I don't see how this would change the way you attack? You can see whether they are melee or ranged troops, and so you can adjust ratios, etc. accordingly. Admittedly you can't choose to ignore a castle because they have 700 Veteran flame bearers as opposed to another castle which has 700 Sentinels, but apart from this, I can't see a major downside when setting up an attack.
     Bring back the Royal Capital , and the Alliance tournament , quit with the NPC, PVE, bullcrap ! If you can make new events like this then you should be able to fix one . Also your Kahn event is messed up , you take away the 5Hrs and 24 Hrs skips, but now I have to wait 8 hours to attack the Kahn camp , maybe adjust the time on that one , fix what you have , then release  new stuff , or just tell the truth that you plan to trash the events players want  , so we can move on !
  • Honestly, starting out thought we were going to have a third FL's.... But looking at it, I like all but one aspect. The troops being the same, I don't wanna waste tails on a castle with 8k troops then realize 7k of it is offense...

Few questions...

1. How often will this come?
    2. How long will it usually run for?
    3. If the defender loses nothing, does the attacker get resources?
    4. If the alliance can not support, can they see the horns?
    5. How many people would have us as targets/do we get battle reports for defending? I would not enjoy it if I left for 8 hours came back and my inbox was filled with defensive BR's from this event.
    6. Is the cooldown 24 hours, or do they just reset every day at a certain time?
    EDIT: 7. Does the defender get glory in the battle?

EDIT: I also do like this because it gives the defender a chance to try new setups without losing tools/troops in the process.
    @BM ang1243

Respond to his questions?

They're intriguing...

• Nebulous (US1)Nebulous (US1) US1 Posts: 916

Let me get his straight, you guys are making a Royal Capital rip-off?
    Hey @CaptainBro (US1) and @flug (NL1)

How is this a Royal Capital rip-off?

It a copy of the original Royal Capital event because we are anonymously attacking people on our server.  Clearly its not exactly the same but like nomads and samurai, its basically the same.
    I'm here to make pretty castles and recruit defense.
  • douwew (NL1)douwew (NL1) NL1 Posts: 157
    @BM ang1243  
    Will we get the tools back that are not used in the battle as attacker? For example:
    I attacked a totem. they set there defense only on the left flank. Will I get the tools back from mid and right flank?
    Glory record
    http://prntscr.com/hck737
    douwew @ nl 1

• bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) US1 Posts: 978
    I can understand the hiding the identities, and the no support thing. 

I don't understand the hide the troop type and number bit for the very reasons already stated multiple times.

I will state that if one chooses 'hard' mode, the rewards had better be significantly better than in standard mode.  Something that exceeds the incremental cost one would incur when switching to 'hard' mode.  Think risk/reward/ROI(return on investment). If my costs double, then my rewards had better more than double to put it into terms you(GGS) might possibly understand.
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,051

I don't understand the hide the troop type and number bit for the very reasons already stated multiple times.

I will state that if one chooses 'hard' mode, the rewards had better be significantly better than in standard mode.  Something that exceeds the incremental cost one would incur when switching to 'hard' mode.  Think risk/reward/ROI(return on investment). If my costs double, then my rewards had better more than double to put it into terms you(GGS) might possibly understand.
    As far as I understand if you click info on the shapeshifter units you get shown their stats so he yet attacker send 120 attackers with 119 ranged and 400 with 141 ranged it will show 520 ranged shapeshifter with 131 ranged , if it works like that it does not seem like to big of a deal imo.
    But yes hard mode must give very good rewards or it is not worth it.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • douwew (NL1)douwew (NL1) NL1 Posts: 157

As far as I understand if you click info on the shapeshifter units you get shown their stats so he yet attacker send 120 attackers with 119 ranged and 400 with 141 ranged it will show 520 ranged shapeshifter with 131 ranged , if it works like that it does not seem like to big of a deal imo.
    But yes hard mode must give very good rewards or it is not worth it.

Yes that is not a big deal. Just think that they send the best attackers than you can never lose LOL.
    Glory record
    http://prntscr.com/hck737
    douwew @ nl 1

• ciscous (IT1)ciscous (IT1) IT1 Posts: 4,166
    • It is possible to attack each Shapeshifter totem only once a day. Be careful because opponents around your castle swap at the beginning of the next day.
    how many totem in a day? 1 or more?
    if it's one for each player it's a boring event
Sign In to comment.