Home News from the world of Empire

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Event Teaser: Attack of the shapeshifter

Comments

• ali hassan (INT1)ali hassan (INT1) INT1 Posts: 272

A full moon rises and with it the whispers of a terrifying new threat to the Great Empire. Masked cultists have crossed our borders in search of blood needed to perform their dark summoning rituals. Our spies are calling them Shapeshifters, and swear to have seen them assume the identities of castle lords throughout the kingdom. They must be stopped! These evil cultists are cunning strategists and will use the armies of the empire’s castle lords to trigger a terrible and bloody war. Watchmen on the castle towers are already reporting enemy armies appearing outside our walls. Clearly, these are not times for the faint-hearted, so sharpen your swords and prepare for battle. If the cultists gather the blood they need for their dark rituals, who knows what vicious beasts they will summon to our lands…

Attack of the Shapeshifters event is on its way… Make some noise!

• Attack of the Shapeshifters is a new Player versus Player event where you can use different strategies in order to win great rewards.
    • All players level 30 and above can participate in this event.
    • The path to these mangled castles is treacherous and hard to follow, so although these castles will appear near your main castle, they will actually be at a travel distance of 150. 
    • These castles are reflections/live copies of other players from your server. Once you attack a Shapeshifter totem, the attack will be reflected for the player who represents this totem. This can happen to you if someone attacks the Shapeshifter totem which reflects your castle too!
    • You can change the defense set-up, change equipment and make other adjustments necessary to win the battle against the incoming attack, and all these adjustments will be reflected for your enemy. But remember that when you’re the attacker, the Shapeshifter totem owner can also change their defense setup.
    • There will be two types of currencies in the Attack of the Shapeshifter event, which you can redeem for great rewards :

• Shapeshifter charms

• Shapeshifter insignias

Until now it all sounds like real Player versus player battles, but as it is a new event and a new system we will have some very important features to make it even more fun:

• Players will not see the name of the Shapeshifter reflection; neither you nor your opponent will see the name of the attacker/defender. The incoming attack movement will be anonymized for the player receiving the attack.
    • All units will wear specific masks. Spying the totem you will not see specific units, but only the type of units: Shapeshifter sharpshooter (range) or legionnaire (melee) units. For example, all ranged offense and defense units will be combined under new Shapeshifter ranged units, but every specific unit will keep his strength during the battle.
    • It is possible to attack each Shapeshifter totem only once a day. Be careful because opponents around your castle swap at the beginning of the next day.
    • Alliance members will not be able to help you to defend the castle. Support troops from your brothers in arms will not be included in the defense during the battle with Shapeshifter. As a player you'll have access to the Shapeshifter view in order to properly set up your event defenses.
    • One of the most interesting aspects of this event lies in the consequences players will face after battles. After the battle the defender will keep his/her troops, tools or resources, his/her buildings will not be burned or destroyed, even if the defender loses the battle.
    • From the other side, the attacker will also keep his/her units after a successful or unsuccessful attack. The attacker will get an opportunity to enter Hard mode. In this mode, you can enable additional difficulties for a higher event point gain, but in return, troops of the attacker will be lost when they die during the attack on the Shapeshifter totem.
    • There is a matchmaking system in place that tries to match you with players of similar strength.
    • Attacking the Shapeshifters will bring you event points, out of a brand new point system, just for this event.
    We understand that you have tonnes of questions about this new event. This is just an early teaser about the attack of the Shapeshifter. We will collect all your questions and try to answer them as far as possible. Remember, that some information we would still like to keep secret to give you the freedom to fully experience the event, trying different strategies and tactics and we really hope that we can give you a lot of freedom in this new event.

We plan to introduce the event in the game with one of the next updates - most likely in January 2018. More information on this topic will follow later.

Best regards,

You GGE Community Team

what are 
    • Shapeshifter charms

• Shapeshifter insignias

sets?

:D
  • douwew (NL1)douwew (NL1) NL1 Posts: 157
    @BM ang1243 but that is the hole problem of PvP. I am always low on boulders. Troops I can make but boulders not. 
    Glory record
    http://prntscr.com/hck737
    douwew @ nl 1

• @BM ang1243 but that is the hole problem of PvP. I am always low on boulders. Troops I can make but boulders not. 
    You can always get some with rubies, am I right?

• Peter John (US1)Peter John (US1) US1 Posts: 837
    edited 09.11.2017

@BM ang1243

I repost this as I didn't realize I can comment this thread.

What BS is ALL unit will be basked to Shapeshifter sharpshooter (range) or legionnaire (melee) units. So how on earth we can plan our offense or defense properly, if we can't even calculate the strength of the troops in the spy and incoming report? Does GGS developer actually have brain?
    Hey @Peter John (US1)

I don't see how this would change the way you attack? You can see whether they are melee or ranged troops, and so you can adjust ratios, etc. accordingly. Admittedly you can't choose to ignore a castle because they have 700 Veteran flame bearers as opposed to another castle which has 700 Sentinels, but apart from this, I can't see a major downside when setting up an attack.
    It DOES!! If you really understand the battle mech, then the troops strength (along with tools/cast equipment) MATTERS to properly adjust the offense ratio. You DO NOT just adjust the ratio based on the no. of troops if you want to attack with optimum result.

It is HUGELY different when you are attacking 100 StKG + 50 ScKG vs 100 Mace + 50 ScKG vs 100 TravKn + 50 ScKG vs .... shall I continue????

Worst case for defense, knowing the incoming troops strength you CAN made an attempt to decide what kind of defense formation you want to choose. With proper calculation (again if you know exactly the battle mech is) you can kind of predict whether a specific incoming better served with, let day 50-50-0 or 100-0-0 and so on (also the M/R ratio per defended section). It is  BIG deal knowing the exact troops strength coming at you. While you don't really lose anything, but I HATE to lose. I'd rather be burnt but I have used my brain to defend incoming vs go 100-0-0 all the time. It's BORING.
  • douwew (NL1)douwew (NL1) NL1 Posts: 157
    @BM ang1243 but that is the hole problem of PvP. I am always low on boulders. Troops I can make but boulders not. 
    You can always get some with rubies, am I right?

Yes i do but i really like to safe my rubies to upgrade my ruby buildings. But yeah i buy them normally with 70% reduces of ruby cost. So than you can buy 1000 for 14000 rubies. 
    Glory record
    http://prntscr.com/hck737
    douwew @ nl 1

• sir-haba (SKN1)sir-haba (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 316
    edited 09.11.2017
    Would be great way to get players really playing this event, if you could buy boulders with the shapeshifter charms or shapeshifter insignias
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    I totally agree not knowing what troops you are hitting or being hit with is massive, and seems a pointless omission, its dumbing down the att / def needlessly.  there is such a huge difference in strength of att / def troops often +-40% so saying there is just one att or def troop coming at you is a joke.  40% troop strength is not just a minor detail, think about it you made it impossible to put a casr or comm strength over 90 recently as it aparantly made the game too unbalanced in attacking and defending now you are saying 40% + diff in troops strength is not really important.  

for example if i know i have kg troops at me i might know i can defend 2 flanks or centre,  but if its vet horrors i know i will lose wall if i try that.  That can mean the difference between winning or losing a fight so is of fundimental importance to know!!!!!!

Philt123 @ en 1
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 09.11.2017
    Being able to distinguish between attackers and defenders would be helpful, but apparently they are only going to be identified as ranged or melee according to this post which I think is the only downside to this new pvp event. Also remember the massive amount of moat tools we got as well from this event and especially if you complete all 20 pages. With this being added into the game I am guessing that because this is supposed to be a stimulation of real pvp that these new boulders we got may be more useful assuming that not only just the first wave will be using tools just like actual players.

However, there are certain things about this new event that are not specific such as if glory is going to be involved and also honor as well or gallantry points. (Although it may be highly unlikely that gallantry points will be involved instead of glory/honor because of it being pvp the points being glory/honor or gallantry are not specifically mentioned on this post.) Also, what about the Alliance Tournament which is also a pvp event? Will that ever be returning back or is this going to be replaced by this new event? I heard from one player in my alliance guessing it would be another 12 months before we can even get the alliance tournament returned back and I thought that it would be returning back later this year and before the Royal Capital event.

David Noble @ usa 1
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    I cant imagine the alliance tourney is coming back any time soon, it was binned because of the use of multis, and the glory stacking etc.   As far as i can see there is nothing at all been done to address multis, and / or the stacking of castles for glory hits.  So until we see something to address those things I cant see them bringing it back.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Raymondmay11 (US1)Raymondmay11 (US1) Posts: 18,376
    edited 09.11.2017
    Nevermind. 
    Raymondmay11 @ usa 1

5f631c22-c4f0-4fd6-a9cf-847937db9bca_zps4dd2804epng

• David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 09.11.2017
    I cant imagine the alliance tourney is coming back any time soon, it was binned because of the use of multis, and the glory stacking etc.   As far as i can see there is nothing at all been done to address multis, and / or the stacking of castles for glory hits.  So until we see something to address those things I cant see them bringing it back.
    I could see how multi accounts could be a problem, but I think that at least on the US1 server anyway the majority of multi accounts are below level 70 which I am guessing is somewhere around 66% (or 2 out of 3) to 75% (or 3 out of 4) of all multis on our server and at least 50% of all multi accounts seem to have low activity, be inactive, or be in ruins as well. Also, with the replacement of 24 hr and 5 hr time skip it may be even harder for a multi account to reach level 70 and main accounts might also be more active than multi accounts as well. Multiple accounts that can benefit the most from Alliance Tournaments however I think are not the players below level 70, but those who are at level 70+ and especially among multis that are active and currently have a high level HOL which I think only represents a tiny minority of all multiple accounts.

David Noble @ usa 1
  • NobleDonkey (AU1)NobleDonkey (AU1) Posts: 40
    edited 09.11.2017

@BM ang1243

I repost this as I didn't realize I can comment this thread.

What BS is ALL unit will be basked to Shapeshifter sharpshooter (range) or legionnaire (melee) units. So how on earth we can plan our offense or defense properly, if we can't even calculate the strength of the troops in the spy and incoming report? Does GGS developer actually have brain?
    Hey @Peter John (US1)

I don't see how this would change the way you attack? You can see whether they are melee or ranged troops, and so you can adjust ratios, etc. accordingly. Admittedly you can't choose to ignore a castle because they have 700 Veteran flame bearers as opposed to another castle which has 700 Sentinels, but apart from this, I can't see a major downside when setting up an attack.
    It DOES!! If you really understand the battle mech, then the troops strength (along with tools/cast equipment) MATTERS to properly adjust the offense ratio. You DO NOT just adjust the ratio based on the no. of troops if you want to attack with optimum result.

It is HUGELY different when you are attacking 100 StKG + 50 ScKG vs 100 Mace + 50 ScKG vs 100 TravKn + 50 ScKG vs .... shall I continue????

Worst case for defense, knowing the incoming troops strength you CAN made an attempt to decide what kind of defense formation you want to choose. With proper calculation (again if you know exactly the battle mech is) you can kind of predict whether a specific incoming better served with, let day 50-50-0 or 100-0-0 and so on (also the M/R ratio per defended section). It is  BIG deal knowing the exact troops strength coming at you. While you don't really lose anything, but I HATE to lose. I'd rather be burnt but I have used my brain to defend incoming vs go 100-0-0 all the time. It's BORING.
    Have to agree with both of you here Peter John. Making it so that you can't see what the troops are rather than having it set up as it would be for PVP is annoying.

With that being said though, Angus is also right. Whenever you attack another player, you need to be prepared for their defence to change. This means that when you attack, you attack as though you expect for them to be online and for it to be filled with top quality defenders and tools and with a tonne of alliance support EVERY SINGLE TIME and ON ALL FLANKS. 

Angus has said that this event is like "baby steps" to teach people to participate in PVP.. Even though their alliance can't support, they can still be online. I probably wouldn't spy in this event for any reason other than to see how many troops are in a potential target (bigger the better, and hopefully people on Au1 have better defence than the FLs). Then I would set up the attack to go will full force and full tools on all flanks in all waves in case they were online and had strong troops hiding in their ops to move over to their main.

Can imagine that password sharing may become a problem in this event though...
    I like that boulder. That is a nice boulder.

• 4. If the alliance can not support, can they see the horns?

Good question - I hope so. Nice when they can call or text when you're offline. Hop onto Puffin browser and sort it all out :wink:

BUT if other alliance members can see the horn, I won't be surprised if some players start password sharing for this event. Not being able to get support means that some people will want help in other ways. Pointless as you lose nothing, but sill very nice to win.
    I like that boulder. That is a nice boulder.
  • Defectus (US1)Defectus (US1) US1 Posts: 1,199
    edited 09.11.2017
    This update seemed great at first but as I read on a grew more and more disappointed.

First and foremost, the fact that it costs tools to attack but costs nothing to defend seems one-sided, because there's really nothing to lose from the defense side, but attackers are forced to keep spending on boulders (the small amount of boulders we now get from seasonal isn't enough).

Secondly, while I do understand not being able to see the real identity of players before the attack, it would be nice to be able to see their identity afterwards.

And lastly, it doesn't really make sense that the defender suffers no losses of any kind.

GGE has been talking a lot about "balance" recently. Somehow this event doesn't seem very balanced, as players are able to gain rewards with little to no expense (except for moat tools on the attacker's side, which throws off the attack/defense balance).

Seems like it really could've been an interesting event, and it looks like GGE was trying, but this isn't PvP. There's no way to bring down your enemies; instead, the entire event is simply based off personal gain. That's not a PvP event.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

I don't play this game anymore.
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,040
    This update seemed great at first but as I read on a grew more and more disappointed.

First and foremost, the fact that it costs tools to attack but costs nothing to defend seems one-sided, because there's really nothing to lose from the defense side, but attackers are forced to keep spending on boulders (the small amount of boulders we now get from seasonal isn't enough).

Secondly, while I do understand not being able to see the real identity of players before the attack, it would be nice to be able to see their identity afterwards.

And lastly, it doesn't really make sense that the defender suffers no losses of any kind.

GGE has been talking a lot about "balance" recently. Somehow this event doesn't seem very balanced, as players are able to gain rewards with little to no expense (except for moat tools on the attacker's side, which throws off the attack/defense balance).

Seems like it really could've been an interesting event, and it looks like GGE was trying, but this isn't PvP. There's no way to bring down your enemies; instead, the entire event is simply based off personal gain. That's not a PvP event.
    I think this event is for those that want to try out PvP without having hughe diplomacy issues and if you do towers and forts and spend rubies on nothing else , buy during 70% discount you can not get ~1.5k boulders/weeks which is enough , while I do not like that defender does not loose a thing imo that would motivate me to throw everyhing I've got to try and defend as good as I can since I cannot loose anything. And if no one lost a thing that'd make it pointless as well so while yeah on the who looses what work can still be done there but if you see it as an event that is for people to try out PvP I think it is decent and fullfills the purpose it is designed for.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • SteelSlayer (US1)SteelSlayer (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    Herveus (AU1) said:
    buy during 70% discount 
    When do these come by? And do non-ruby buyers get em too?
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,040
    Herveus (AU1) said:
    buy during 70% discount 
    When do these come by? And do non-ruby buyers get em too?
    they stay for like 6 hours and I have seen 3 of them so far , there was one this weekend if I remeber correctly and I have not heard of anyone not getting them , not specifically asked non ruby buyers , will ask one for you thought ^^

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) AU1 Posts: 575
    edited 10.11.2017
    mm browsing through the two points I am interested in are as follows..

1. will there be any opt out available? 

I actually hope not as those likely to opt out are those who need the experience.. BUT maybe there SHOULD be an option to opt out after say 6 attacks? 

2. We wont know the make up of the troops attacking us but will we know the strength?  

Shares @ au 1
Sign In to comment.