We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Where the skips come from.

I have seen discussions where the moderators pointed out that you will be able to skip almost as many max camps as you can now with 320 30 and 1 hr skips versus 180 each of 5hr and 24 hour skips for a total of 360 skips. I have also seen them say that the INDIVIDUAL rewards will be increased to 30 30min and 30 1hr skips which will be MORE than the alliance rewards. This means to me that we will be able to skip somewhere between 30 and 60 max camps using the skips from both the individual and alliance rewards. BEFORE the change we could get 5 5hr and 5 24hr skips from individual rewards. The fact I have not seen pointed out is that you could get 215 (TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN) 5 hour skips and 74 (SEVENTY FOUR) 24 hour skips from alliance rewards. The combination of individual and alliance rewards would allow you to skip 299 maximum camps. I understand that I am leaving off the extra 30 minutes you have to skip for the 5 hour skips but I hope my point is still accepted.

So to clarify. We have gone from being able to hit 299 maximum camps  (even if you count  using a 5 hr skip for every time you level one up you could still hit 260 maximum camps) to being able to hit LESS THAN 60 maximum camps (yes you can hit the 36 leveling camps for free).

UNLESS, of course, you buy your skips in which case nothing of substance has changed.

@BM ang1243
@BM_Friedrich
@BM Neroxnex
@BM_Keira

If I am incorrect in what I have stated above, can I please have a moderator correct me. If I am correct, can I please have a moderator state that too.
Stumpyalaskan @ usa 1

Comments

• Friedrich IV (US1)Friedrich IV (US1) Posts: 1,487
    edited 27.10.2017
    I have seen discussions where the moderators pointed out that you will be able to skip almost as many max camps as you can now with 320 30 and 1 hr skips versus 180 each of 5hr and 24 hour skips for a total of 360 skips. I have also seen them say that the INDIVIDUAL rewards will be increased to 30 30min and 30 1hr skips which will be MORE than the alliance rewards. This means to me that we will be able to skip somewhere between 30 and 60 max camps using the skips from both the individual and alliance rewards. BEFORE the change we could get 5 5hr and 5 24hr skips from individual rewards. The fact I have not seen pointed out is that you could get 215 (TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN) 5 hour skips and 74 (SEVENTY FOUR) 24 hour skips from alliance rewards. The combination of individual and alliance rewards would allow you to skip 299 maximum camps. I understand that I am leaving off the extra 30 minutes you have to skip for the 5 hour skips but I hope my point is still accepted.

So to clarify. We have gone from being able to hit 299 maximum camps  (even if you count  using a 5 hr skip for every time you level one up you could still hit 260 maximum camps) to being able to hit LESS THAN 60 maximum camps (yes you can hit the 36 leveling camps for free).

UNLESS, of course, you buy your skips in which case nothing of substance has changed.

@BM ang1243
    @BM_Friedrich
    @BM Neroxnex
    @BM_Keira

If I am incorrect in what I have stated above, can I please have a moderator correct me. If I am correct, can I please have a moderator state that too.
    The skips from alliance rewards are going to be migrated to the personal reward bracket. I don't know exact numbers, but it sounds like you're saying you get 30 1hr and 30 30 min in total, which is not going to be the case. But obviously the 5 and 24hr from alliance rewards will be replaced with 1hr and 30 min skips in similarly larger amounts.

According to math that I beleive @BM ang1243 did, you should be able to skip around 297 camps if I recall correctly, 2 less than the absolute max you could now. EDIT: Note that I'm basing that 297 off of your number, all I remember of ang saying was we'll be able to skip 2 less camps than we absolutely can now.

EDIT: To clarify, before implementation we DID argue that they should not scale down progress whatsoever, even if it is only 2 less camps at max. But we obviously weren't listened to.

The goal being to decrease the ability to skip buildings, I think this accomplishes that, with a slight decrease in event performance. I see no reason why they couldn't have done this without a loss, or even a gain to event performance potential, but I'm not them.

Also worthy of note, is that with rewards in the personal bracket, there should *ideally* and *if GGS set values properly* be less waste of skips because now your alliance won't pull them in the first 3 hours leaving you with 180 of each for the rest of the event.
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • really cause i'm pretty sure when i logged into the test server . . . there was only a total of 75 1 hour time skips. between alliance rewards and individual rewards.  

edited 28.10.2017
    really cause i'm pretty sure when i logged into the test server . . . there was only a total of 75 1 hour time skips. between alliance rewards and individual rewards.  
    If that's how it comes to us, then I was given the wrong impression by the CMs and whoever's math that was is garbage.

As far as I know its supposed to be /roughly/ equivalent amount of camps you can skip over. Slightly less is what I was told.

EDIT: God dangit guys, why do you only ask me questions I want to get clarifications on when GGS is closed for the weekend?
    Friedrich IV US1
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,833AU1
    edited 28.10.2017
    really cause i'm pretty sure when i logged into the test server . . . there was only a total of 75 1 hour time skips. between alliance rewards and individual rewards.  
    If that's how it comes to us, then I was given the wrong impression by the CMs and whoever's math that was is garbage.

As far as I know its supposed to be /roughly/ equivalent amount of camps you can skip over. Slightly less is what I was told.

EDIT: God dangit guys, why do you only ask me questions I want to get clarifications on when GGS is closed for the weekend?
    you forgott the upcoming bank holidays as well lmfao good luck lol

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • really cause i'm pretty sure when i logged into the test server . . . there was only a total of 75 1 hour time skips. between alliance rewards and individual rewards.  

There's bank holidays next week too?

welp let the outrage begin
    Friedrich IV US1

There's bank holidays next week too?

welp let the outrage begin
    Acctualy 2 for some states cba to check for Hamburg right now though but Monday is not one of them.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • Stumpyalaskan (US1)Stumpyalaskan (US1) Posts: 110US1
    edited 28.10.2017
    In other posts from BMs, it was my understanding that the slightly less that we can do now is due to having 320 30min and 1hr skips so we can skip 320 camps versus have 180 5hr and 24hr skips to skip 360 camps. They also go on to say that the INDIVIDUAL rewards will be 30 30min skips and 30 1hr skips with the alliance rewards being less. I want to say it was posted by Angus but I will try to find the actual post and then edit this one. The way that I am reading it as written in forum is that we can do slightly less if we can come up with the skips, BUT you are going to get very few skips from nomads. Good news is that you can always buy them (sarcasm intended).

@BM_Friedrich

Well that took about 30 seconds to find. It is in Angus' announcement on Time Skips and Cooldown Adjustment. I will copy paste the information  below.

• The amount of these time skips will be higher in some individual rewards. For example, in the highest package of level 70 individual activity rewards for the Nomad invasion there are currently 5 times 5 hours and 5 times 24 hours time skips, and after this update, you will be able to earn 30 times 30 minutes time skips and 30 times 1 hour time skips.

• We decided to award individual activity a bit more than alliance activity in the events. That is why individual rewards will contain a larger number of time skips compared to alliance rewards. Your individual effort will be praised better and you will be able to control the time skips obtainment more easily in this way. You will notice a drastic decrease in a number of time skips in alliance rewards.

My confusion may stem from the fact that there is only ONE 5hr and 24hr reward in individual rewards. If anyone knows how many skips you can get in total from the new individual rewards it would be a great piece of information for me. If we can still skip about the same number of camps then great. I will not complain about 2 less camps, if that is the case, because I will easily be able to hit more due to the lower cooldown and getting skips from towers. I would like some actual numbers though.
    Stumpyalaskan @ usa 1
  • 2 less camps doesn't mean anything - just hit npc towers, you'll get more than enough skips since the cooldown is only 1.5 hours now.

Given that, the average tabs collected will go up by quite a bit, especially in alliances that cannot finish the alliance rewards.
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • 2 less camps doesn't mean anything - just hit npc towers, you'll get more than enough skips since the cooldown is only 1.5 hours now.

Given that, the average tabs collected will go up by quite a bit, especially in alliances that cannot finish the alliance rewards.
    npc cooldown is still 3hrs
    Bobi124Player @ WWW 1

npc cooldown is still 3hrs
    The moderators have already suggested to GGS to lower the cooldown of towers
    In other posts from BMs, it was my understanding that the slightly less that we can do now is due to having 320 30min and 1hr skips so we can skip 320 camps versus have 180 5hr and 24hr skips to skip 360 camps. They also go on to say that the INDIVIDUAL rewards will be 30 30min skips and 30 1hr skips with the alliance rewards being less. I want to say it was posted by Angus but I will try to find the actual post and then edit this one. The way that I am reading it as written in forum is that we can do slightly less if we can come up with the skips, BUT you are going to get very few skips from nomads. Good news is that you can always buy them (sarcasm intended).

@BM_Friedrich

Well that took about 30 seconds to find. It is in Angus' announcement on Time Skips and Cooldown Adjustment. I will copy paste the information  below.

• The amount of these time skips will be higher in some individual rewards. For example, in the highest package of level 70 individual activity rewards for the Nomad invasion there are currently 5 times 5 hours and 5 times 24 hours time skips, and after this update, you will be able to earn 30 times 30 minutes time skips and 30 times 1 hour time skips.

• We decided to award individual activity a bit more than alliance activity in the events. That is why individual rewards will contain a larger number of time skips compared to alliance rewards. Your individual effort will be praised better and you will be able to control the time skips obtainment more easily in this way. You will notice a drastic decrease in a number of time skips in alliance rewards.

My confusion may stem from the fact that there is only ONE 5hr and 24hr reward in individual rewards. If anyone knows how many skips you can get in total from the new individual rewards it would be a great piece of information for me. If we can still skip about the same number of camps then great. I will not complain about 2 less camps, if that is the case, because I will easily be able to hit more due to the lower cooldown and getting skips from towers. I would like some actual numbers though.
    To be honest with you @Stumpyalaskan (US1) , I don't read the update threads very often, I base what I say off of what I read in certain chats with GGS and the other moderators. That being said, I assume that if we haven't announced the numbers, we either A) don't know them or B) are not allowed to make them public yet. Being that it's a weekend and there's no one I can really ask, I have posed the question to the other moderators for now and will see if I can get an official answer on Monday.
    Friedrich IV US1
  • Okay, so I read back.

Due to a language barrier, we have a misunderstanding. I interpret the phrase "twice less" as two less times. It can also be interpreted as half as much, and half as much twice. I will specifically ask for clarification from the other moderators and see if I can get a more solid answer there.

As far as the math - we have been shown no math and been given no exact numbers other than the ones you have. It feels to be like the designers/balancers are intentionally leaving the CMs, who then in turn leave us, rather uninformed about the update. But maybe I'm just paranoid.

I think the general CM opinion is in agreement with us - that there is no justifiable reason to decrease our event potential by anything at all. But that doesn't mean we'll have our concerns listened to.

I'll keep you guys posted on what I can find out but that likely will be nothing until Monday.
    Friedrich IV US1

• I think the general CM opinion is in agreement with us - that there is no justifiable reason to decrease our event potential by anything at all. But that doesn't mean we'll have our concerns listened to.

I'll keep you guys posted on what I can find out but that likely will be nothing until Monday.
    Oh so selling more rubies is not "justifiable"?
    edited 28.10.2017

I think the general CM opinion is in agreement with us - that there is no justifiable reason to decrease our event potential by anything at all. But that doesn't mean we'll have our concerns listened to.

This update is not expected to increase sales, so we've been told.

I'd wager they were right in saying that, I'm not going to buy skips to play an event on a free game. To hell with that.
    Friedrich IV US1

• I think the general CM opinion is in agreement with us - that there is no justifiable reason to decrease our event potential by anything at all. But that doesn't mean we'll have our concerns listened to.

This update is not expected to increase sales, so we've been told.

I'd wager they were right in saying that, I'm not going to buy skips to play an event on a free game. To hell with that.
    It may not be expected, but they are hoping. It was much harder to compete for top 100 without buying this round, though that may have just been because khan wasn't around too. And i completely agree, not buying anything to play a free game.

• The goal being to decrease the ability to skip buildings, I think this accomplishes that, with a slight decrease in event performance. I see no reason why they couldn't have done this without a loss, or even a gain to event performance potential, but I'm not them.

If that was the goal, they should have just made it so that buildings could not be skipped using 5 hr and 24 hr skips, really woudln't be that difficult, just code it so that those skips don't display when trying to skip. No, this was done to reduce the potential of non-ruby-buyers.
  • If that was the goal, they should have just made it so that buildings could not be skipped using 5 hr and 24 hr skips, really woudln't be that difficult, just code it so that those skips don't display when trying to skip. No, this was done to reduce the potential of non-ruby-buyers.
    They talked about that and decided not to go with that because it removes the freedom to use skips as you wish.

It will slow the progress of non-ruby buyers as far as building progression goes, and I guess very possibly now that I've re-looked over things event scores, but the original intent was to limit buildings, which it does in fact do.

At this point I would put the blame on the designers and balancers for taking it too far, fortunately the next nomad event is a ways away (unless this change also applies to samurai, and it will give skips now, in which case I would say this is still bad but not as bad) and with all this negative feedback we might be able to get them to see reason.
    Friedrich IV US1
  • If that was the goal, they should have just made it so that buildings could not be skipped using 5 hr and 24 hr skips, really woudln't be that difficult, just code it so that those skips don't display when trying to skip. No, this was done to reduce the potential of non-ruby-buyers.
    They talked about that and decided not to go with that because it removes the freedom to use skips as you wish.

It will slow the progress of non-ruby buyers as far as building progression goes, and I guess very possibly now that I've re-looked over things event scores, but the original intent was to limit buildings, which it does in fact do.

At this point I would put the blame on the designers and balancers for taking it too far, fortunately the next nomad event is a ways away (unless this change also applies to samurai, and it will give skips now, in which case I would say this is still bad but not as bad) and with all this negative feedback we might be able to get them to see reason.
    @BM_Friedrich Do you know what kinds of reactions have been occurring on other forums? If the English forum is the only large forum that's complaining (which I doubt but it's possible) then there won't be any revision to this update.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

retired I guess. or trying to be.
    edited 28.10.2017
    If that was the goal, they should have just made it so that buildings could not be skipped using 5 hr and 24 hr skips, really woudln't be that difficult, just code it so that those skips don't display when trying to skip. No, this was done to reduce the potential of non-ruby-buyers.

@BM_Friedrich Do you know what kinds of reactions have been occurring on other forums? If the English forum is the only large forum that's complaining (which I doubt but it's possible) then there won't be any revision to this update.
    The German mods are as upset if not moreso than I am, but the Czech community doesn't seem very bothered. They don't like it but they're taking it in stride. The Russians don't seem particularly happy about it either.

As for the other forums, I don't think there are any other forums that have their own moderators so I really don't know on those. The only ones I ever really have any interaction with are the CMs, our English mods, the Germans, the Czechs and a Russian or 2. There've been a lot of Dutch players around here voicing discontent lately, and I've gotten PMs from some French players that came across our forums as well.
    Friedrich IV US1
    edited 28.10.2017

ha lol compared to the cyclone of complaining comments in the german forum this is not even a breeze lmfao

but if it does not apply to sams we are fucked lol try skipping a cooldown of 5:30 with limited 30min skips hf xD
    but lucky me , I can read update notes 
    Because of the reduction in the total time from reward time skips, we made some changes to the cooldowns for the Nomad, Samurai and Khan Camps:

• @BM_Friedrich Do you know what kinds of reactions have been occurring on other forums? If the English forum is the only large forum that's complaining (which I doubt but it's possible) then there won't be any revision to this update.
    ha lol compared to the cyclone of complaining comments in the german forum this is not even a breeze lmfao

but if it does not apply to sams we are fucked lol try skipping a cooldown of 5:30 with limited 30min skips hf xD
    but lucky me , I can read update notes 
    Because of the reduction in the total time from reward time skips, we made some changes to the cooldowns for the Nomad, Samurai and Khan Camps:

The cooldown yes, but what I was asking is, will they put skips in the samurai rewards also?

I doubt it, but it could be a way for them to make this less bad. Still bad but less bad. If they reduced our skips by 75% currently, upping that to a 50% reduction would at least be an improvement.
    Friedrich IV US1
Sign In to comment.