Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Time Skips kept me around

A lot of players including myself don't have the time to wait an hour or two between cool-down's to launch one attack and repeat the process throughout a 16 hour day. Time-skips gave the luxury to attack camps when personal time was convenient to play. 

The time skips is actually what kept me around. They made things convenient to be competitive, and facilitated completing infrastructure without having to be continuously logging-in throughout the day adding things to build in the construction slot. The game would be too tedious to balance a job and a life. So, I gave a salute to time skips and kept playing.

It was not only the time skips, but when GGE increased the capacity for the barracks and the workshops from a whopping 5 to 80, that implementation combined with time skips kept me playing. Those two things facilitated everything and made the game enjoyable.

Comments

• A lot of players including myself don't have the time to wait an hour or two between cool-down's to launch one attack and repeat the process throughout a 16 hour day. Time-skips gave the luxury to attack camps when personal time was convenient to play. 

The time skips is actually what kept me around. They made things convenient to be competitive, and facilitated completing infrastructure without having to be continuously logging-in throughout the day adding things to build in the construction slot. The game would be too tedious to balance a job and a life. So, I gave a salute to time skips and kept playing.

It was not only the time skips, but when GGE increased the capacity for the barracks and the workshops from a whopping 5 to 80, that implementation combined with time skips kept me playing. Those two things facilitated everything and made the game enjoyable.

I have to agree with this
  • UltimateJhon (GB1)UltimateJhon (GB1) Posts: 642
    edited 27.10.2017
    hge (US1) said:
    A lot of players including myself don't have the time to wait an hour or two between cool-down's to launch one attack and repeat the process throughout a 16 hour day. Time-skips gave the luxury to attack camps when personal time was convenient to play. 

Then scram. We all lived without them in the good old days.
    I’m going to be honest; I think we will never get along as you brown nose GGS every thread I see you comment to try get that juicy mod status I assume.

. Putting you on ignore.
    Post edited by Friedrich IV (US1) on
    WAR PLAYER
  • Manatee (US1)Manatee (US1) Posts: 2,711
    Hge said what several of  us are thinking though... there are many who liked the game better before all of the pve focus came about.  And I gather Neo is one of those who likes the pve side of things better.  It's not wrong to be on either side of that equation, people will like what they like.

But whether you think hge is brown nosing or not, his view isn't uncommon... we just don't complain as much on the forums.  For example, we're not big on farmville and events, we joined up to play a warring game where events were few and far between.  But with recent changes and time skips, gge has become pve and farmville on steroids.  So while time skips are nice to have, it's not the end of the world to see them scaled back some.

manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
    My ideal method of suicide: climbing Ultimo's ego and jumping to his IQ
  • kookiekooks (US1)kookiekooks (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    First remember that cool-down time for samurai camps and the nomad camp will be 1.5 hours according the GGS.  And the number of  hour and 30 minutes time accelerators you can win during the event have increased.  By my calculations based on what they are saying you will actually be able attack a few more camps because of number of time accelerators not less.  

kookiekooks @ usa 1
  • kookiekooks (US1)kookiekooks (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    Either way we will in the first week of November.
    kookiekooks @ usa 1
  • From this update i can see that we get more of 5 hour and 24 hour skips in individual rewards compared to alliance rewards.
    This update also makes players to be more self-sufficient instead of depending on alliance rewards. Dead weights in an alliance will have to work harder. to get the skips. LOL its cleaning time.

This update is just wonderful. I'm lovin it. ;)
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,066
    edited 24.10.2017
    First remember that cool-down time for samurai camps and the nomad camp will be 1.5 hours according the GGS.  And the number of  hour and 30 minutes time accelerators you can win during the event have increased.  By my calculations based on what they are saying you will actually be able attack a few more camps because of number of time accelerators not less.  

Show me those calculations of yours cause mine say you can do like 6% in tablets (Not counting Khan as that is to random and thus cannot be accurately calculated) as before and way less attacks.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • Diavolo (US1)Diavolo (US1) US1 Posts: 655
    Hge said what several of  us are thinking though... there are many who liked the game better before all of the pve focus came about.  And I gather Neo is one of those who likes the pve side of things better.  It's not wrong to be on either side of that equation, people will like what they like.

But whether you think hge is brown nosing or not, his view isn't uncommon... we just don't complain as much on the forums.  For example, we're not big on farmville and events, we joined up to play a warring game where events were few and far between.  But with recent changes and time skips, gge has become pve and farmville on steroids.  So while time skips are nice to have, it's not the end of the world to see them scaled back some.

This flash game's devs are taking away all the quality of life changes they implemented. Essentially new players won't be able to close the massive power gap between long term players and themselves. GGE's taken an unusual road of "let's anger and alienate all the players we attracted with our previous changes by nullifying them.

You might like a return to the bare bones basics of this game but not everyone does and it's not going to bring back those players who left as the game switched focus.

Scroll across the map - it's getting emptier and emptier.
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • Diavolo (US1)Diavolo (US1) US1 Posts: 655
    From this update i can see that we get more of 5 hour and 24 hour skips in individual rewards compared to alliance rewards.
    This update also makes players to be more self-sufficient instead of depending on alliance rewards. Dead weights in an alliance will have to work harder. to get the skips. LOL its cleaning time.

This update is just wonderful. I'm lovin it. ;)
    5 hr and 24 hr skips are being removed from rewards. You won't get any after this month unless you buy rubies during a skip deal.
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • hge (US1)hge (US1) Posts: 986
    edited 27.10.2017
    hge (US1) said:

Then scram. We all lived without them in the good old days.
    You truly are a [email protected], I’m going to be honest; I think we will never get along as you brown nose GGS every thread I see you comment to try get that juicy mod status I assume.

. Putting you on ignore.
    What? Lol, I hate GGS.  I just don't whine about it like some people.  I could care less if I was a mod, what makes you think I want a position like that? 
    EDIT: This is for the benefit of other players, since you claim to have put me on ignore, and you aren't worth this much effort anyway.
    Post edited by Friedrich IV (US1) on
    HGE
    I am a non-ruby buying Level 70, Legend 100-something-but-I-am-to-lazy-to-update-this-every-time-I-level-up

"He was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy; his eyes were bright and clean, and his voice like music; on his brow set wisdom, and in his hand was strength."

He firecasted.
    His alliance supported.

• Manatee (US1)Manatee (US1) Posts: 2,711
    This flash game's devs are taking away all the quality of life changes they implemented. Essentially new players won't be able to close the massive power gap between long term players and themselves. GGE's taken an unusual road of "let's anger and alienate all the players we attracted with our previous changes by nullifying them.

You might like a return to the bare bones basics of this game but not everyone does and it's not going to bring back those players who left as the game switched focus.

Scroll across the map - it's getting emptier and emptier.
    Of course.  It started when they began taking away the original vip structure and made things more point-of-sale friendly.

It's not that I want a return to bare bones.  It's that I look at people ridiculing others for their opinions as targets for ridicule themselves.

Flood the game with time skips and massive troop purchases... or take away pennies and gem combinations... Choose your poison, there are going to be supporters on both sides.
    manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
    My ideal method of suicide: climbing Ultimo's ego and jumping to his IQ
  • Cordial Warrior (US1)Cordial Warrior (US1) US1 Posts: 59
    edited 27.10.2017
    I'm not sure how this is going to shake out. I notice that the storage capacity for time skips has increased, about double I think. 
    And I read that skip awards for individual results will increase, while alliance time skips will decrease. I play a fair amount so I will have to see how this actually works out for me. 
    Will these adjustments result in a net increase for active players? If so I like this update. But as I said, I will have to see how it works in the real world. 

I also noticed the cool down periods for nomads has changed, or so it appears to me. At level 90 the nomads used to take over 5 hours to cool down, but now it takes less than 2 hours. So that helps. 
    Perhaps it will turn out to be a good change. For now I am reserving judgment I guess
  • Imperius (GB1)Imperius (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,088
    Good and bad things with every update it seems a developer for any game can never appease every player not saying I fully agree with it just hoping good reworks come down the road 
    Imperius @EN1
    Musks

• SteelSlayer (US1)SteelSlayer (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    I'm not sure how this is going to shake out. I notice that the storage capacity for time skips has increased, about double I think. 
    And I read that skip awards for individual results will increase, while alliance time skips will decrease. I play a fair amount so I will have to see how this actually works out for me. 
    Will these adjustments result in a net increase for active players? If so I like this update. But as I said, I will have to see how it works in the real world. 

I also noticed the cool down periods for nomads has changed, or so it appears to me. At level 90 the nomads used to take over 5 hours to cool down, but now it takes less than 2 hours. So that helps. 
    Perhaps it will turn out to be a good change. For now I am reserving judgment I guess
    Cool down is non-existent for below level 90 camps and 1H30M for level 90.

Update is bad for those who don't buy skips, especially towards building. But for those who do buy skips they will fair pretty well.
  • ROS59 (US1)ROS59 (US1) US1 Posts: 11
    The lack of 5 hour and 24 hour time skips will cause a bigger problem in Storm Islands.      Building the cargo ships takes a lot of time.    Without time skips, it will be very hard to accumulate nearly as many cargo points.

• Good and bad things with every update it seems a developer for any game can never appease every player not saying I fully agree with it just hoping good reworks come down the road 
    Stop being dim, they didn’t please anyone with this update 
    WAR PLAYER
  • Good and bad things with every update it seems a developer for any game can never appease every player not saying I fully agree with it just hoping good reworks come down the road 
    Stop being dim, they didn’t please anyone with this update 

Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file