Discussion Thread: November Update 2017

Comments

• Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,120GB1
    Effectively nomad and samurai events have for a long time been won by the players who boost and more importantly boost for longest.  250% extra clearly allows an opportunity for players with limited time to catch up and remain competitive but it also allows them to easily outdistance more active players who may have put in significantly greater numbers of hits.  Given you can boost more if you spend more and the more you spend the better the boost offer even if you have great technique you have little chance of winning.  The Khan's revenge badly skews nomads and really rips the heart out of the event as a contest between big and small players.   Essentially bigger players with significantly more food will always win.  I preferred the previous model.  Khan's revenge in a retrograde step and made this change possible.  The fact players can use this truck and trailer approach really ends it as a reasonable contest, I personally ignore it as having to constantly find the Khans camp breaks the rhythm of hits.  

I think there is a real lack of clarity from a design point of view in what you are trying to achieve.  If removing skips is considering balancing then that is a worry.  Removing multiple accounts is balancing.  Providing top alliances and one or two players with guaranteed wins makes them and makes the game less competitive if the game is less competitive it's less exciting if it's predictable with same result every time then there is no motivation and if there is no motivation why would we continue playing.  I'm not sure how removing skips balances the game as removing an advantage players like me have enjoyed for years whilst penalising new players seems a huge imbalance.  I simply wouldn't touch it there is no logic to it.  Hit top alliances with penalties for failing to enforce the terms and conditions and remove the players within their alliances playing more than one account suddenly you have a more competitive game and a better playing environment for all of us.  Why penalise newer players for the poor behaviour - 3 million incidences of rule breaking / 3 million !!! - of established players and established alliances.  This is just window dressing whilst you continue to skirt the real problem that blights a good game.  
    Batten @ en 1
    I quite like the idea of a racing balance style system whereby hits are weighted so a top level 70 level 800 player like myself gets less per hit given we probably put in more hits and a level 70 level 7 say scores proportional more per hit on a sliding scale.  That is balancing surely not removing an asset that some players have had the advantage from whereas other have had no advantage at all that is clearly creating inequality, which to be fair the game excels at.   
    Batten @ en 1
  • UltimateJhon (GB1)UltimateJhon (GB1) Posts: 642
    edited 23.10.2017
    Garbage update. Absoulute trash, I’ll be quitting very soon especially if you can’t even finish nomads. Shocking devs.
    Post edited by UltimateJhon (GB1) on
    WAR PLAYER
  • Garbage update. Absoulute trash, I’ll be quitting very soon especially if you can’t even finish nomads. Shit devs.
    Who said you can't finish it?
       "lol"

• Garbage update. Absoulute trash, I’ll be quitting very soon especially if you can’t even finish nomads. Shit devs.
    Do the math.
    WAR PLAYER
    Do the math.
    Yes it can be finished. You are just relying on getting rewards from events. Do you know that u can get time skips from towers. 

"lol"

• If players can't finish ONE event "that is ONE event" without purchasing a booster package or a time skip package, the bulk of the player base will drop drastically within the next year. Buying packages to complete every event would cost hundreds of dollars, thousands of dollars in a matter of time. Common sense would eventually kick-in for most. Even for the few who are compulsive and lack discipline. 

I haven't calculated the math yet, but hopefully it's not true. A lot of players including myself don't have the time to wait an hour or two between cool-down's to launch one attack and repeat the process throughout a 16 hour day. Time-skips gave the luxury to attack camps when personal time was convenient to play.

The time skips is actually what kept me around. They made things convenient to be competitive, and facilitated completing infrastructure without having to be continuously logging-in throughout the day adding things to build in the construction slot. The game would be too tedious to balance a job and a life. So, I gave a salute to time skips and kept playing.

It was not only the time skips, but when GGE increased the capacity for the barracks and the workshops from a whopping 5 to 80, that implementation combined with time skips kept me playing. Those two things facilitated everything and made the game enjoyable.
    No, like i said, if you hit towers, you will get skips from there. Which can be used on the camps. Also the time is being reduced for the camp at max level. As i believe you must now wait 90 minutes. So they said more 1 hour an 30 minutes will be given as rewards. They will not be giving the 5 hour ones so players don't storm up levels, as when many low players do. They don't bother learning the game.

So get your towers levelled up and you will be fine and you won't need any boosts. Boosts are for the people looking to get tokens and points quick and clime the ranks.
       "lol"

I've won nomads and finished second more than once the vast majority of players will struggle.  Levelling up towers simply isn't sufficient to bridge that gap
    Batten @ en 1
  • Hanzolo (US1)Hanzolo (US1) Posts: 897US1
    Rip storm

Time to grind FLs
    #TheDreamLivesOn

Hanzolo @ Canada1

Rip storm

Time to grind FLs
    Agree in terms of Storm that ship probably sailed from a competitive point of view 
    Batten @ en 1
  • CopyClop (GB1)CopyClop (GB1) Posts: 62
    edited 24.10.2017
    I've won nomads and finished second more than once the vast majority of players will struggle.  Levelling up towers simply isn't sufficient to bridge that gap
    If you don't bother to upgrade them, then you should not complain. Maxing out 15 towers in each Realm is not hard.Just needs constant attacking. There are many ways to get things, but people are lazy so they moan about GGE  making it harder or more expensive (People where crying saying that 42 points in the LTPE was too much to get to, to start booster). There is always a way for non-ruby buyers, but it will take long. Just like any other game. The premium currency can get you anything with a click cause you used money on it. 

*Edited*
    Ask this guy @MightyHawklord (GB1) about it and he will tell you. He has always got close to max skips and he attacks a lot.
    You can ask many other great players like himself and they will tell you.

"lol"

• Rip storm

Time to grind FLs
    Not really cause everyone is stuck on the same boat of not getting many skips from events. Yes the number of cargo will change from earning millions to prob about 200k in a month, but it will be same with many other alliances. Unless they loot skips or skip with rubies.
       "lol"

• Update seems to be launching in 2 days. They have also not adressed all the criticism they reveived about the skip times. They really should start speaking about it as not talking about it will only make the situation even worse, to the point where it can escalate.
    GGE talk to the customers?  Please all the care about is spending your money at the Beer Garden.
  • Hola que tal una pregunta por que ponen la batalla de beri hasta lo ultimo 
  • Tanzim1 (INT1)Tanzim1 (INT1) Posts: 163INT1
    Hello ,
    Down Time is 60 minutes but whats cet time please I will be playing my booster tommorow 
    I have the whole day tommorow so please describe the time 
    And  my booster will be paused in that time?
    Hells Bells

https://prnt.sc/h3difk

Level 70 Legendary level 21 But Look at the picture :)
  • Hello ,
    Down Time is 60 minutes but whats cet time please I will be playing my booster tommorow 
    central european time which i think now would be 1:09pm could be wrong but im pretty sure this time of year they are 12 hours behind me
  • Tanzim1 (INT1)Tanzim1 (INT1) Posts: 163INT1
    Hello ,
    central european time which i think now would be 1:09pm could be wrong but im pretty sure this time of year they are 12 hours behind me
    Sorry Im asking when is the downtime tommorow ( In cet time)
    Hells Bells

https://prnt.sc/h3difk

Level 70 Legendary level 21 But Look at the picture :)
  • sboy777 (US1)sboy777 (US1) Posts: 130US1
    edited 24.10.2017
    ...I'm not sure if this will go over well with ev1, but gge is going in the wrong direction...

gge needs to re-think the game completely.. want to get people to spend more $.. 

1. allow users to play continuously & not wait for cool downs (cool downs push players away from the game-thats why im here in the forums and not buying the current skip offer)
    2. make new buildings that are better than old ones (this makes high level players demo and rebuild & allows newer players to catch up faster) 
    3. make new equipment better than old ones (high level player have too many FL commanders now anyway)
    5. give lower levels more rewards than higher levels (duh)
    6. invent new rares, invent whole new lands and expand the map!! (??? why not?)
    7. come up with higher levels for the research tower and new improvements (just ask us, we all have ideas worth exploring)
    8. dont just ask the players what they want, make the changes they are asking for

balancing for new players.. think about reducing building times .. not increasing them.. gge got this completely wrong IMO.

I was in a rush to type this, so I really didn't think everything through completely.. I'm sure there are better ideas, but just don't try to turn back time.. lets progress the game.

smalls
    (us1-70.760, hol 455, 9 level 30 grainerys in main)
    I have spent about $300 ish in the past year but wont buy skip times unless they are paired with a ruby bonus offer
    sboy777 @ usa 1
Sign In to comment.