Home News from the world of Empire

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Bot Banning: Intermediate results

Comments

• @Batten (GB1),

Well thought out and lucid comments. Shame they will fall on deaf ears. I have reported multis and given them evidence and they do sweet FA about it. This excuse they give of "privacy" is just the ultimate cop out. Easy solved, when you sign up for the game, part of the deal is that if you get caught breaching the rules, you will get named. That might have prevented some of excesses, although if you have to cheat at his game, you really are not much of a human being and i dread to think what your real life is like....must be pretty sad !!
    makale @ au 1
  • kampo (US1)kampo (US1) US1 Posts: 283
    i will say for the record again anyone using a bot deserves to be banned period, no exeptions, and I hope GGE ban every bot user in the game.  Regardless of how many rubies they spend or dont.

as for what constitues a multi, for me its simple anyone logging into more than one account on a server is a multi.

so that makes it impossible  to play with others in one household , who share a computer , and even if there was a second computer , I am sure it will have the same IP address, no ? 
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,120
     kampo (US1) said:
    i will say for the record again anyone using a bot deserves to be banned period, no exeptions, and I hope GGE ban every bot user in the game.  Regardless of how many rubies they spend or dont.

as for what constitues a multi, for me its simple anyone logging into more than one account on a server is a multi.

so that makes it impossible  to play with others in one household , who share a computer , and even if there was a second computer , I am sure it will have the same IP address, no ? 
    No there is a process whereby you can inform support that you have multiple accounts in one home voluntarily as far as I'm aware.  That has been an option for some time I believe.  I suspect that process could be improved though.  Perhaps suggestion from technical players as to how may help.  There is however clear evidence of accounts being passed on without GGE being informed of that and no follow up action taken and that does allow a window and an opportunity which is exploited.  The sale of accounts or that way of just taking an account over is a breach of terms of conditions unless approved by GGE.  My view is that where GGE has allowed an account transfer they should clearly publish it on a specific thread so recruiters and players more generally have clarity that the process was followed.  They don't need to provide the reason just a list of exchanged accounts.  That way we know they control the process and it protects the player concerned, their alliance and allows where players hold evidence of an questionable exchange it can be queried.  GGE retains control but a flagged account where concerns exist could be monitored by GGE more closely saving them resources as avoiding malicious misuse of an account.  I personally would be happy with a voluntary account registration scheme where we share more detail confidentially with GGE to allow them to establish that as original account holder I am playing account still and for random checks of the information provided through an ingame questionnaire or log in process.  The survey mechanism exists so that's possible and I imagine an extra question at log in on rotation wouldn't be that difficult to manage.  It seems to me really a question of will you either want a game played within the terms and conditions as set out or you don't.   
    Batten @ en 1
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,008
     kampo (US1) said:

No there is a process whereby you can inform support that you have multiple accounts in one home voluntarily as far as I'm aware.  That has been an option for some time I believe.  I suspect that process could be improved though.  Perhaps suggestion from technical players as to how may help.  There is however clear evidence of accounts being passed on without GGE being informed of that and no follow up action taken and that does allow a window and an opportunity which is exploited.  The sale of accounts or that way of just taking an account over is a breach of terms of conditions unless approved by GGE.  My view is that where GGE has allowed an account transfer they should clearly publish it on a specific thread so recruiters and players more generally have clarity that the process was followed.  They don't need to provide the reason just a list of exchanged accounts.  That way we know they control the process and it protects the player concerned, their alliance and allows where players hold evidence of an questionable exchange it can be queried.  GGE retains control but a flagged account where concerns exist could be monitored by GGE more closely saving them resources as avoiding malicious misuse of an account.  I personally would be happy with a voluntary account registration scheme where we share more detail confidentially with GGE to allow them to establish that as original account holder I am playing account still and for random checks of the information provided through an ingame questionnaire or log in process.  The survey mechanism exists so that's possible and I imagine an extra question at log in on rotation wouldn't be that difficult to manage.  It seems to me really a question of will you either want a game played within the terms and conditions as set out or you don't.   
    that process is pretty secure and has been existing for 5+ years , I know that because 2 of my family members also play

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • I HAVE A COMPLAIN.A PLAYERS CASTLE HAS BEEN RUINED BEFORE 1 YEAR AND STILL WE COULD SEE THE CASTLE ON THE MAP
  • Defectus (US1)Defectus (US1) US1 Posts: 1,199
     kampo (US1) said:

that process is pretty secure and has been existing for 5+ years , I know that because 2 of my family members also play
    Yup I can say the same thing; my brother also plays GGE, and as long as you clear it with support, it's alright (but if they see more than the correct number of accounts, you will likely still be banned, as that is breaking the rules).
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

I don't play this game anymore.
  • well players use bot becouse gge cant make game fun,always will be players who jelous on others results ,or becouse others buy things in game and they cant .what is the real result this "hunting"
    many good and ruby players leave game ,but its not mean ths players who cry to gge all time will take better place  on rank list .with this only gge lost 
    it wos good war game  before 1.5 year 
    now only event game nothing else  well good luck gge
  • about multi accounts really ppl dont see or dont know ?
    not needed multi accounts in game so many player leave game and left account to friend becouse dont want to waste their work 
    if all accounts delete player who not play anymore lm sure in each server 50% empty server 
    and why  all jelous on others? spend 16h each day in game and will have everything 
    lol
  • BM ang1243 a déclaré:

Chère communauté,

Nous venons de terminer notre plus récente vague d'interdiction et nous aimerions partager les résultats de notre travail minutieux. C'est notre 10ème bataille contre l'utilisation de logiciels par des tiers et nous avons remarqué une énorme amélioration dans cette guerre. La guerre a commencé le 21 février 2017 et voici quelques-uns des résultats obtenus jusqu'à présent:

• Au total, 4 794 joueurs ont été bannis sur tous les serveurs des 10 vagues d'interdictions.

• Nous avons exécuté 7 011 interdictions individuelles: 4 783 interdictions pour 12 heures, 1 553 interdictions pour 24 heures, 551 interdictions pour 72 heures et 124 interdictions permanentes.

• 6 joueurs sur 7 ont cessé d'utiliser des programmes supplémentaires juste après leur première interdiction. Cela signifie qu'environ 85% des joueurs qui ont été détectés initialement par notre système n'ont pas été détectés comme utilisant des bots dans la vague suivante, bien que certains d'entre eux aient été détectés à nouveau lors d'itérations ultérieures.

• 2 joueurs sur 3 ont complètement arrêté d'utiliser des programmes tiers après la première détection.

• Notre système de détection de bot a découvert environ 3 millions d'actions inappropriées parmi tous les joueurs.  

Cette déclaration ne signifie pas que nous allons arrêter notre programme de détection et ce n'est que le début de nos efforts. Nous allons surveiller de près les joueurs de bot et lutter contre les programmes tiers. Il y aura plus d'ondes d'interdiction à l'avenir!

Meilleures salutations,

Votre famille Empire.

• edited 22.10.2017
    4 794 brave personnes ont quitté les jeux malheureusement car je suis toujours dans un jeu ou la carte bancaire est la première ressources pas étonnant que certain triche j'aimerai faire comme eux si je le pourrais .
    Goodgames empêche les joueurs moyens et les nouveaux joueurs de faire progresser leur comptes,
    d'abord en supprimant les jetons du puîs à souhait
    et maintenent ils retires les pass 24h et 5h !!!
    Honte à vous comment un joueur débutant peut il se faire une place parmi les plus grands joueurs impossible  
    c'est quand même le comble de l'hérésie un jeux qui t'empêche de jouer normalement !!!!!! 
    et quand tous les petits joueurs et moyens joueurs décideront de quitter le jeux 
    et que les gros jar arrêteront aussi car il n'y aura plus personne  sur leur serveur et bien goodgames n'aura plus son fric et certain iront droit au chômage ...
  • 4 794 brave perssonnes ont quitté les jeux malheureusement car je suis toujours dans un jeu ou la carte bancaire est la première ressources pas étonnant que certain triche j'aimerai faire comme eux si je pourrais , gge empêche les joueurs moyens et nouveaux joueurs de faire progresser leur comptes d'abord en supprimant les jetons du puît à souhait et maintenent ENLEVER les pass 24h et 5h 
    honte a vous comment un joueur levl 70 peut il se faire une place parmi les plus grands joueurs IMPOSSIBLE 
    c'est quand même le comble de l'hérésie un jeux qui t'empêche de jouer normalement !!!!!! 
    et quand tous les petits joueurs et moyens joueurs décideront de quitter et que les gros jar arrêteront aussi car il n'y a personne plus sur leur serveur et bien gge n'existera plus et voila comme une belle bande de ..... vous arrez-vous votre fric sans nous permettre de jouer honte sur vous !

french? that looks french to me... pretty sure there's a separate french forum

Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,008
    4 794 brave perssonnes ont quitté les jeux malheureusement car je suis toujours dans un jeu ou la carte bancaire est la première ressources pas étonnant que certain triche j'aimerai faire comme eux si je pourrais , gge empêche les joueurs moyens et nouveaux joueurs de faire progresser leur comptes d'abord en supprimant les jetons du puît à souhait et maintenent ENLEVER les pass 24h et 5h 
    honte a vous comment un joueur levl 70 peut il se faire une place parmi les plus grands joueurs IMPOSSIBLE 
    et quand tous les petits joueurs et moyens joueurs décideront de quitter et que les gros jar arrêteront aussi car il n'y a personne plus sur leur serveur et bien gge n'existera plus et voila comme une belle bande de ..... vous arrez-vous votre fric sans nous permettre de jouer honte sur vous !

french? that looks french to me... pretty sure there's a separate french forum
    yes right here https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/fr/discussions

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • kampo (US1)kampo (US1) US1 Posts: 283
     kampo (US1) said:

thanks for the info , I was unaware of the fact I had to make GGE and support aware of multiple players or accounts in one house hold :)   I received a 12 hr ban , with NO explanation , so I would assume its because of the multi accounts in my household , and not because I run a bot program , I don't know enough about computers to do such a thing , lol   
    4 794 brave personnes ont quitté les jeux malheureusement car je suis toujours dans un jeu ou la carte bancaire est la première ressources pas étonnant que certain triche j'aimerai faire comme eux si je le pourrais .
    Goodgames empêche les joueurs moyens et les nouveaux joueurs de faire progresser leur comptes,
    d'abord en supprimant les jetons du puîs à souhait
    et maintenent ils retires les pass 24h et 5h !!!
    Honte à vous comment un joueur débutant peut il se faire une place parmi les plus grands joueurs impossible  
    et quand tous les petits joueurs et moyens joueurs décideront de quitter le jeux 
    et que les gros jar arrêteront aussi car il n'y aura plus personne  sur leur serveur et bien goodgames n'aura plus son fric et certain iront droit au chômage ...
    Rough translation from French.  

4 794 brave people left the games unfortunately.   I'm still in a game where the bank card is the first resource.  No wonder some cheat I would like to do as they would if I could. Goodgame prevents average players and new players from advancing their accounts, first by removing the lucky penny's at the wishing well and now they remove the 24h and 5h skips! Shame on you.  How is a novice player supposed to make himself (herself/themselves) a place among the greatest players impossible it's still the height of heresy a game that prevents you from playing normally !!!!!! And when all the little players and average players decide to leave the game the big jars will also stop because there will be no one on their server and goodgames will no longer have his money and some will go right to unemployment ..

Players from all servers have always been welcome on En1 forum which others have joined and will continue to be encouraged to join our forum and openly express their views even as we welcome players from across the world into our alliances.  
    Batten @ en 1
  • Madara. (INT1)Madara. (INT1) INT1 Posts: 165
    i steall  know people  who use it   unfotunatly but this is a good move and i wish u guys can stope it cuse it will show  who is realy a true gamer :-)

• You unbanned a really bad cheater that you said was perma banned so why not unban @JJJJJJSK (AU1) for trying to call you out on your bullshit 
    Not encouraging 
    Batten @ en 1
  • GGE are only concerned about one thing, and it is not the players...it is the payers !!!!
    makale @ au 1
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    Love it no denial, about what jjjjjjsk was saying.  No Reason given no attempt at justification.  Just a straight ban for saying something you dont want people to hear.

Just a heads up guys really does not look good, in fact looks like you have something to hide.  WHich I am guessing thats exactly the reason for the censorship.

Philt123 @ en 1
Sign In to comment.