We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

YouTube Channel and Feedback

SystemSystem Posts: 29,537
edited 21.10.2017 in Off Topic
EDIT: Post made by Friedrich. Turned it over to System so it doesn't appear at the top of the forum homepage.
EDIT2: Updated featured content and included link to channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCpF47zL3SAftE1VThwWlWQ

So as you guys can tell by both the title of this thread and from my signature, I've started a YouTube channel.

It's really garbage right now, I'm still working on getting all the OBS settings right (I've followed guides but they all did things that aren't working for my computer, so I've had to tinker a lot, but I think I've finally got it down)

So basically if you're into gaming, would be cool if you'd check it out, and if you'd like to request certain content you can do that here. The channel currently features Mount & Blade: Warband Age of Calradia Enhanced mod, it will have a new campaign of Warhammer 2 when Mortal Empires comes out on the 26th, and I uploaded my first GGE video earlier today, so there's also that.

I'm open to recording just about any game as long as I have it, so I'll take suggestions/requests as long as my computer can handle recording them (WH2 tends to be laggy when I record, for instance)

So, yeah. Hit me up if you want to contribute to building my channel, whether its just watching videos or giving me feedback or suggestions/requests.

Keep in mind that I'm very aware that right now it's garbage because almost all of my videos have had some sort of recording issue (except the last TLD one, or at least I think so), but hopefully it improves in the future and you guys can let me know what would be cool to see.

Thanks,
Friedrich

Post edited by Friedrich IV (US1) on

Comments

• Videos of GGE could be interesting
  • I mean.. You gotta be kidding me :-)

This is a forum for GoodGame Empire... It's hideous anyone would promote his or her own YouTube channel here, and even more so if a Moderator does this. Now I know this is 'Off-topic' but still, c'mon man.

And don't let it show up at the frontpage.

I mean I wouldn't want to watch someone play this game lol

I barely like playing this game myself
    And this... doesn't make your case any better. Why the hell are you a Moderator if you hate playing this game anyway?
    Please, enjoy building up your, as you say yourself, 'garbage' youtube channel. But don't even try to do it here.
    jeremey @ nl 1
  • Friedrich IV (US1)Friedrich IV (US1) Posts: 1,487
    edited 13.10.2017
    I mean.. You gotta be kidding me :-)

This is a forum for GoodGame Empire... It's hideous anyone would promote his or her own YouTube channel here, and even more so if a Moderator does this. Now I know this is 'Off-topic' but still, c'mon man.

And this... doesn't make your case any better. Why the hell are you a Moderator if you hate playing this game anyway?
    Please, enjoy building up your, as you say yourself, 'garbage' youtube channel. But don't even try to do it here.
    I didn't say I hate playing this game, I said I barely enjoy it. Five plus years of doing the same clicking repetitively gets to you.

They all appear at the top, any thread I make gets put up there. Not much I can do to control that, but I admit you have a valid point there. I think I will turn the post over to System so it doesn't show up at the top of the page.

And FYI, there's at least 6 other people that have YouTube channels on this forum, though only one of them is somewhat well-known. But I've seen more than a few posts similar to this one.
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,830AU1
    I mean.. You gotta be kidding me :-)

I didn't say I hate playing this game, I said I barely enjoy it. Five plus years of doing the same clicking repetitively gets to you.

They all appear at the top, any thread I make gets put up there. Not much I can do to control that, but I admit you have a valid point there. I think I will turn the post over to System so it doesn't show up at the top of the page.

And FYI, there's at least 6 other people that have YouTube channels on this forum, though only one of them is somewhat well-known. But I've seen more than a few posts similar to this one.
    We have you , kennanbox , oxo , josh , lmf , katamaran , dan seriously , me , general grievous, breor and some more
    of those advertise their channels : you , breor , dan seriously , general grievous 

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • We have you , kennanbox , oxo , josh , lmf , katamaran , dan seriously , me , general grievous, breor and some more
    of those advertise their channels : you , breor , dan seriously , general grievous 

We need your brain for science so we can study how you remember all of this crap lol

11/10 impromptu listing skills
    Friedrich IV US1
  • I wouldnt mind seeing your take on an empire video also most of those people herveus mentioned dont even upload anymore or i cant even find/dont know the name of their channel so not many people making new empire videos in english
  • I wouldnt mind seeing your take on an empire video also most of those people herveus mentioned dont even upload anymore or i cant even find/dont know the name of their channel so not many people making new empire videos in english
    Like I honestly don't even know what I would do, record me doing each of the events? I just don't see why people would want to watch that when they can go do it themselves and actually benefit from it.

Unless I get into the business of tutorials, which I'm pretty sure is @Breor (US1) 's thing, I just don't know how I could make even a semi entertaining video out of that.

The best idea I have is I could compile some pvp reports over the next couple months and then make a video going over each of them inside and out and analyzing what could have been done better. But even that's kind of meh and a lot like a tutorial
    Friedrich IV US1
  • yeah i have no idea what sort of videos you could make pvp would be my first idea tutorials are pretty boring for me as i dont really need to be shown how to play the game at this point and as you said breor does pretty good at those but he hasnt uploaded in a month allthough he is busy with college i think my second bet would be start on a new server and do a zero to hero series or something but i dont really think that would be too interesting or you would be to interested in doing that 
  • yeah i have no idea what sort of videos you could make pvp would be my first idea tutorials are pretty boring for me as i dont really need to be shown how to play the game at this point and as you said breor does pretty good at those but he hasnt uploaded in a month allthough he is busy with college i think my second bet would be start on a new server and do a zero to hero series or something but i dont really think that would be too interesting or you would be to interested in doing that 
    Running one account at an -8k/hr food deficit at every castle is enough work, I don't need another one lol

If you're actually interested in seeing GGE content I'll see if I can come up with any ideas.

That being said.. I'm open to suggestions lol
    Friedrich IV US1
    Like I honestly don't even know what I would do, record me doing each of the events? I just don't see why people would want to watch that when they can go do it themselves and actually benefit from it.

Unless I get into the business of tutorials, which I'm pretty sure is @Breor (US1) 's thing, I just don't know how I could make even a semi entertaining video out of that.

The best idea I have is I could compile some pvp reports over the next couple months and then make a video going over each of them inside and out and analyzing what could have been done better. But even that's kind of meh and a lot like a tutorial
    I'm actually very interested in those events videos, I love to watch them, you'd be surprised of how many people think the same as me
    I wouldnt mind seeing your take on an empire video also most of those people herveus mentioned dont even upload anymore or i cant even find/dont know the name of their channel so not many people making new empire videos in english

I'm actually very interested in those events videos, I love to watch them, you'd be surprised of how many people think the same as me
    Yeah I alwayws wonder why I get views , I could not watch my own videos lol

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • 99% of all of us are GGE players. People will click on your channel and click away as soon they realise you post no GGE content. If you are looking for smaller gains through this thread/forum, then at least one or two GGE videos are essential to catch peoples interest. 

You enjoy watching someone run trains on a sami/nomad camp? Like wtf?

Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

I wouldnt mind seeing your take on an empire video also most of those people herveus mentioned dont even upload anymore or i cant even find/dont know the name of their channel so not many people making new empire videos in english

I have 1k+ views on some videos where I do exactly that for hours literally , no idea why lol

• I genuinely don't understand that but whatever lol

Running trains still seems too boring IMO, maybe on the khan camp because at least thats new and can rage at the end

I feel like foreigners would be the best time, save up a few decent castles and hit them and turn that into a video.. might take years to save up a few good castles tho lol
    Friedrich IV US1

So what if I do?, have you got a problem with that?
  • Breor (US1)Breor (US1) Posts: 238US1
    Good luck with the YouTube channel @BM_Friedrich and if you end up making GGE tutorials, I won't be bothered. I don't have any exclusive rights to that hobby.

I would recommend you record your voice in Audacity or Adobe Audition, not OBS. The game sound can be recorded in OBS. That way you can adjust the volume of your voice separately in post-production if you need to (and Audacity/Audition will likely give you better quality). Also OBS can be glitchy at 60fps so if you have frame issues drop to 30!

Breor @ USA 1
    Search for "Breor47" on YouTube
    Forum likes validate me.
  • GGE just isnt a good game to record imo

There is one context in which I would find it interesting, and that is the format of like a war update or something

You spend 5 minutes catching up your subscribers on recent war events and then show off some hits and new updates or whatever else. If you watch experienced youtubers play like android games you can see how they manage to drag things out pretty well.

would love to see more warband, Napoleonic wars, holdfast, and bannerlord when it comes out though fried.

never been a total war fan myself but I know there are many who follow that stuff

I know you like WWI so try out verdun maybe? Idk that fps is your thing though.
    Retired Recruiter of BattleHorn
    GIF
  • Breor (US1)Breor (US1) Posts: 238US1
    That's true. I really don't think any Let's Plays of GGE are watchable (sorry Herveus, lol). I don't really understand why people watch my videos either. There are so many games better for making videos of.
    Breor @ USA 1
    Search for "Breor47" on YouTube
    Forum likes validate me.
Sign In to comment.