Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: Bugfix 16th-20th October 2017

Hey guys,

Let us know your thoughts and comments related to this bugfix.

Cheers,

Angus
Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

Comments

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    Its pretty amazing isnt it anyone would think gge dont want people to buy rubies or something!!!  In order to qualify for cheaper rubies you simply stop buying rubies thats the easiest and most effective method of getting the best offers.  
    It first appeared that GGE had realised this method of discounting rubies hurt its loyal regular buyers the most. so finally it brings out a way of rewarding its more loyal active players.  Of course its still much easier to just stop buying rubies all together to ensure the best offers but at least it was a step in the right direction and now you change the goal posts to ensure that only the top 15% or so of the server get rewarded?  so what are the remaining 85% of the server supposed to to to achieve parity?  thats right simply stop buying!!!!  Great work GGE yet again the best you can come up with is to incentivise people to stop buying to achieve the best rewards.  Instead of taking away the ruby doubler at the lower level here is a thought, incentivise players to push on and reach 3000 points and give them another one!!!!  I know its a revaloutionary thought to reward players for playing and spending more.  And god forbid incentivise them to want to spend twice a month not just once a month!!!  

To me i really dont understand what on earth goes through your head sometimes.  

Philt123 @ en 1
  • 3000 is ridiculous im not buying rubies again.
    WAR PLAYER
  • detedudu (INT2)detedudu (INT2) Posts: 352
    edited 10.10.2017
    I'd think 900-1500 would be acceptable, But 3000 is unrealistic. 
    It's dangerous to go so high to start with. The dev team should increase it gradually and collect data meanwhile so they can get the best possible balancing. Because as of right now i am pretty sure you guys will have to lower the 3000 later on. 
  • Well, that's the single dumbest idea I've ever heard. 3K points? Won't that take months to finish on average, even for 70's? For below 70's, forget it, not happening. For lower level 70's, I don't know, I'm not there yet (waiting for next monthly to start). I'm guessing this won't have the effect that GGS is going for, is this common of thier updates?
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,051
    Well, that's the single dumbest idea I've ever heard. 3K points? Won't that take months to finish on average, even for 70's? For below 70's, forget it, not happening. For lower level 70's, I don't know, I'm not there yet (waiting for next monthly to start). I'm guessing this won't have the effect that GGS is going for, is this common of thier updates?
    I can tell you a total of 3 players worldwide below level 70 scored 3k or more seasonal points during the Octoberfest according to their rankings

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,233
    Well it seems turkeys do vote for Christmas
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • STEVIEBEANZ (GB1)STEVIEBEANZ (GB1) GB1 Posts: 204
    edited 10.10.2017
    That is classic GGE - give people an incentive to spend money then mess it up completely within a few months.

It's like you dont want to sell rubies to people; you don't need the income.

Another example of this is the way ruby offers are given to people. Like many others, I only ever bought rubies when there was a booster or time skips on offer. I used to get these offers for 50,000 rubies (usually £25), but because I spent too much on the game in September, that has now changed to 85,000 (approx £50).

So with the exception of the 3 tier offers, I have to spend at least £50 to get any sort of booster/time skip offer rather than the £25 I did before.

The result is that rather than spend about £25 every 4-5 days, I havent spent anything in 3 weeks. I was actually planning on spending some money with this doubler offer; but that's out of the window now.

So now, rather than regularly contribute towards the cost of running this game and Goodgame Studios, I'm just going to enjoy your product for free.

Nice one guys!

edit: to clarify, ill still get the 3000 points but its just another kick in the teeth to people who want to buy rubies and it really does make me reluctant to give them any money. 

It also doesnt help that they sold me 5k of khan medal tools that didnt work and refused to refund them, hiding behind the "support cant do anything about this" excuse. 

STEVIEBEANZ @ en 1
  • well, i guess i had to play earlier this game, cuz now i just cant get any rubies. :/ no well, less from berimond rubies, and now 3000 points for doubler... so i will need to play 2 months hard to get double rubies.
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,051
    well, i guess i had to play earlier this game, cuz now i just cant get any rubies. :/ no well, less from berimond rubies, and now 3000 points for doubler... so i will need to play 2 months hard to get double rubies.
    naw that is wrong since the points for doubler required reset every monthly event 

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • CopyClop (GB1)CopyClop (GB1) Posts: 62
    edited 10.10.2017
    The only way for someone to reach that is by not seeing day light for a month, and i believe many people have died for them reasons on other games. 
    Hope no one tries that anyway.
    Also for the students who play this game have no chance, many even find it hard to get 1275 points.
    Aswell as for people who have to work.
    This game requires you to spend too much time to do things.
       "lol"

• Vanish (INT2)Vanish (INT2) INT2 Posts: 101
    I'm fairly active, and I buy rubies every couple months or so... I've never even gotten 2k points in a season event. 3k is simply not going to happen, not even with buying rubies in order to get 3k points so I can buy more rubies. 
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    Its total insanity, its not like you get something free, you have to SPEND MONEY to actually get any use out of it at all!!!  I am sure GGE want us all to stop buying rubies lets be honest its the ONLY thing GGE has ever properly incentivised.  The only thing thats ever been a constant in the game, is that if you dont buy rubies for a prolonged period you get cheap offers.  The longer you wait the better the offers.

How many times have you heard the Phrase ooh I would love to buy that offer but I am not going to as I have to wait a few more weeks until I get the personal offer I am waiting for!!!!!!!  Companies are constantly looking for ways to incentivise people to part with their cash, not GGE nope it would rather you dont spend only then will it give you an offer.

The reality is the more rubies you have the quicker they go, you buy stuff you would never dream of when  if you only have a few.  Its totally counter productive to incentivise people to sit there waiting for weeks on end with just a few rubies to their name.  Your data must confirm that the more rubies people have the faster they spend em  Therefor its in your interest to get people to have as many opportunities to buy as possible and knowing full well you just have to sit and wait it out and a cheaper deal will come.  Lets be honest would you buy something today when you know if you wait a week you can get it half price???  Nope of course you wouldnt and neither would most of your players.  

The same goes for the price of rubies.  Would you buy something for £100 when you know full well others are getting the EXACT same thing for £30 no of course you wouldnt why?  becasue if the selling price is £30 for some people thats the amount you would be prepared to pay for it too.  

Its in your OWN interests to give players as many opportunites to buy as possible, Offering Cheaper rubies for those that worked harder and probably spent more was a very good way of incentivising people to push that little bit harder spend a few rubies to just reach that next level, knowing full well if they did then they would probably spend a a bit more once they got there knowing they would have an offer.   to replace the rubies they just spent.  

Instead of taking away the offer for 85% of players, you would be much better served say giving 1 at say 800 points, another at say 2000 points and another at 5000 points etc.   that way you are saying to people look if you spend your rubies NOW you will get another offer to replace them.  

What you are saying now is dont bother spending your rubies as its going to be at least a month before you will get another decent offer so you may as well just sit on your rubies and make em last till next month.  Thats the EXACT Opposite of what you should be doing, you need to be saying spend NOW, and we will ensure we help you replace them with a good offer.  

You are so focussed with taking things away from people in the  misguided belief if you starve them of rubies, they will buy more and pay a higher price for them.  The reality is all that will do is drive more people from the game.  What you really want to do its make buying rubies more accessable, make it so if a player wants to get something they can get it NOW not have to wait a month till they get an offer. thats a full month you have wasted and a month where there consumption of rubies will be way way lower. 

Philt123 @ en 1
  • Osiris (GB1)Osiris (GB1) GB1 Posts: 303
    You guys really do take the biscuit!

Every time you give the players something positive that benefits them and enhances their positive feelings towards you, the creators, and the game, you take it away or diminish it to the point where it simply angers people, frustrates them, and drives more of them to either not buy rubies or to leave the game. (lucky pennies, free building time, 1+1 recruiting, apprentice blacksmith, rubies from looting towers and so on, and so on, and so on)

And you've gone and done it again with this loyalty ruby doubler!  

You can only get it once per Challenge anyway, so the only difference you have made is to put it out of reach of the low to moderate spenders, the potential new spenders, and the weaker members who once again see that you are offering rewards to the "top guys", thus widening the void between them yet further.  

So it looks like you have really cut off your noses to spite your faces this time.

Look, the already heavy spenders will have no difficulty getting to 3K points anyway.  But the vast majority of players don't even finish the event once let alone get half way round the second time.

Honestly, if someone gave you a shotgun they could be pretty sure you would point it at your feet and fire it.
    Osiris @ en 1
  • Nikki5853 (US1)Nikki5853 (US1) US1 Posts: 94
    ROFL, A company that continues to put itself out of business. 
    Nikki5853 @ usa 1
  • ang1243 (GB1)ang1243 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,834
    Hey everyone,

Thanks for your feedback! We made some adjustments based on the outcry :D 

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/342021/update-appreciation-quests-adjustments

Angus
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

• Kiwikiler95 (AU1)Kiwikiler95 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 419
    WTF gge actually listening to their customers 
  • STEVIEBEANZ (GB1)STEVIEBEANZ (GB1) GB1 Posts: 204
    edited 11.10.2017
    Thats better but it's still a bad idea.

In this situation you'll have people who get the doubler towards the end of the event and must use it before it resets in the next month. So they dont have much incentive to use it in the context of trying to finish a task/event.

If you offer a doubler or some sort of incentive to buy rubies early on in the event, then people will consider purchasing in order to help them finish the event. This just targets customers who want to complete the event twice and judging off the current Event standings on the UK server, that's going to be about 30-50 people out of 3800 active players

I dont understand why GGE dont want to encourage people to buy rubies.

(thanks though Ang)
    STEVIEBEANZ @ en 1
Sign In to comment.