Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Reworking Honor

Honor needs to be updated, so players actually see it as worth their efforts. It has worked the same way for many years now, and it seems most players don't give a sh*t about it. The rewards are laughable and since you get so much more out of glory from the FLs/bloodcrows, most players do not bother with honor. Also now that strong players have so much food production, so they have a ridiculous amount of troops, it is basically impossiple for most players to get really high honor outside of war, cause if you attack a strong player in a strong ally, then you are going to get smashed by 30-40k defenders. So I propose these changes to make honor something players strive for again:

* Honor needs to be obtained differently than now

I'd much prefer it if honor was obtained more like glory, but still ONLY from PvP. There should be a ladder system like glory with titles and you should lose a certain percentage of honor points each day. This would mean that you had to keep attacking in PvP to maintain your rank in honor unlike how it is now. I also propose that honor should be calculated by how tough your opponent is. Everything from troops, tools and commander/castellan should be included in the calculations. So if you attack a strong opponent, who has 30k defenders, a great castellan and the strongest tools, then you as the attacker should be rewarded with a lot of honor even if you lose the battle, as opposed to if you attacked a weak opponent and won easily. This would mean that it would no longer be much of an advantage to prey on the weak. Instead you would be rewarded for attacking the strong.

* There needs to be much better rewards 

I mentioned a ladder system like how glory works. If you could earn titles from honor that gave you certain perks, then that would make more players want to attack in PvP. The honor title could come after your glory title, so e.g. King *playername* the Fearless Tyrant. So Tyrant would be the honor title. For perks let me earn a new unit for instance, not necessarily better than e.g. berserker and spearwomen, but a strong and cheap unit, so I could basically ignore glory or gallantry and only focus on honor if I wanted to. Other perks could be increased speed for your army, later detect etc., just make them worth fighting for. So many possibilities, like reward let's say the top 100 players with 200 boulders each week and top 200 with 25 feathers. I think that would be massive for players desire to attack more in PvP, cause tools and especially boulders are stupidly expensive and feathers have always been incredibly desirable.

Thoughts? Do you have other suggestions for how to improve honor?
MrKennyKRH lvl 800 @ skn 1

Comments

• I love my honor rewards, like who doesn't love getting this once a week?

• UD1 (INT1)UD1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,351
    Totally agree the rewards are really not worth bothering with , with so many events who needs a few soldiers as a reward, 
    But if there were better rewards , Players may go out of there way to get them , although i think most fights will be sunday evenings LOL . or maybe get rewarded daily with high honor . 
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,066
    tbh. honor is worth more than many think , you will see how much it is worth if you know the way glory is calculated... still should be worth more imo.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • So long story short, you want to make honour exactly like glory?
    WAR PLAYER
  • hge (US1)hge (US1) Posts: 986
    Honor gives a glory boost. So, yeah, kinda useful..
    HGE
    I am a non-ruby buying Level 70, Legend 100-something-but-I-am-to-lazy-to-update-this-every-time-I-level-up

"He was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy; his eyes were bright and clean, and his voice like music; on his brow set wisdom, and in his hand was strength."

He firecasted.
    His alliance supported.

• "Lets turn honor into a pvp version of glory"

no thx

I do agree though, they could use to make the rewards a lot better so people actually care aside from the glory boost. What's a piddly few dozen troops a week compared to the thousands you can produce yourself?

.....at least give me moat tools. Come on.
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 26.09.2017
    "Lets turn honor into a pvp version of glory"

no thx

I do agree though, they could use to make the rewards a lot better so people actually care aside from the glory boost. What's a piddly few dozen troops a week compared to the thousands you can produce yourself?

.....at least give me moat tools. Come on.
    Moat tools will be rewarded in the next October update for the next monthly event and hoping that it is an adequate amount as well, but that is a good start at least. After that maybe alliance tournament will return back eventually at some point. :)
    David Noble @ usa 1
    Yeah, cause both gallantry and glory are better for maintaining interest from players, cause they have to keep participating in events with gallantry and glory if they want to keep their titles and perks. The current system of honor doesn't incentivize continued participation in PvP, cause if you have achieved let's say 3k honor and you are satisfied with that, then you can rest on your laurels until someone attacks you and steals some honor from you, only then do you need to actively seek out honor targets again. It's not a good system for continued participation from players.
    Yeah, cause both gallantry and glory are better for maintaining interest from players, cause they have to keep participating in events with gallantry and glory if they want to keep their titles and perks. The current system of honor doesn't incentivize continued participation in PvP, cause if you have achieved let's say 3k honor and you are satisfied with that, then you can rest on your laurels until someone attacks you and steals some honor from you, only then do you need to actively seek out honor targets again. It's not a good system for continued participation from players.
    A lot of us older plays hold honour to high regards, i hope to get a high honour when ive had some more events at level 70 to build my food production up.
    WAR PLAYER
  • I can only talk from my experience on my server, and from I can tell the majority of players don't fight for honor anymore. It's the same players holding the top spots. Sure for these players they might not be interested in changing the status quo, but objectively you could say that the current system of honor doesn't help improve the state of PvP... which is all but dead.

To help revitalize PvP, you need to engage the majority of the players. And to do that there needs to be a much bigger incentive to participate in PvP and subsequently increase the interest for honor. Therefore I think the current honor system should be changed. The status quo is only helping to kill off PvP.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file