Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Storm improvements?

Is there a possibility of adding to or updating storm?

Make it more like Nomads, with a pirate ship that comes and attacks your island that uses troops and equipment from Storm, when you loot enough res from islands?

Add "cursed doubloons" to the res you get from looting islands? When you collect enough the pirates attack.

or the pirates can attack randomly like rb king

And cursed doubloons can be used to buy "cursed pirate" equipment or extra aqua etc.

Comments

• Good idea Chainsaw , something needs to be done with storm to improve it anyway an to get better kit from pirate attacks is a step in the right direction , atm storm is pretty much a non event , maybe a po item for doubloons aswell ? 
    its john @ en 1
  • Both of those ideas sound great to me.  A little change is always good.
    Guardian of the sword Onok5 the Relentless
    King Onok5 the Deathclaw
    Proud non-buyer
  • detedudu (INT2)detedudu (INT2) Posts: 352
    edited 16.09.2017
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons why the developers choosed not to touch storm is because it already makes tons of revenue for the company as of right now. There is no need to update something that's already doing great, then it's more worth it to dedicate time into something else. 

But i do agree that storm improvements would be very nice to have and i think it's an update that many would be happy about. 
  • Apathy (US1)Apathy (US1) US1 Posts: 117
    I was thinking yesterday that gge should add a PO item that you can buy with aquamarine, not the castle garden/park, something like blade coast underworld etc. has
  • They should just stick boulders in luna's boat, then everyone would be hammering storm.
  • marc58 (GB1)marc58 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 836
    They should just stick boulders in luna's boat, then everyone would be hammering storm.

Yes like this idea ....but it would sink
  • hge (US1)hge (US1) Posts: 986
    They should just stick boulders in luna's boat, then everyone would be hammering storm.

Yes like this idea ....but it would sink
    Well, one wolf can carry about 900 boulders... Maybe if they built Luna's boat out of wolf hide??
    HGE
    I am a non-ruby buying Level 70, Legend 100-something-but-I-am-to-lazy-to-update-this-every-time-I-level-up

"He was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy; his eyes were bright and clean, and his voice like music; on his brow set wisdom, and in his hand was strength."

He firecasted.
    His alliance supported.

• gazz65 (GB1)gazz65 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 710
    storm upgrade everything in it.
    wheel of fortune needs upgrading.
    underpants world needs upgrading.
    but everytime they upgrade we get more bugs so same old same old over again.

I like the barrel lmfho 
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,807
    all events need to be upgraded :)   but storm too indeed. why fight there?  for deco? no use
    flug @ nl 1
  • I would find it incredibly annoying if there were NPC attacks in storm. First off you can only have very few troops in storm unless you want a massive deficit of food, and if there were NPC attacks, then you'd have to have defenders as well adding onto the deficit. No this is a bad idea, sorry to say. What I'd personally like instead is to incorporate more teamwork in storm and increase the incentives for participating.

Ideas:

- Maybe have an aquamarin island with 150k aqua, but the catch is that let's say 3 players in total from the same alliance have to attack it to capture it. The 150k would then be spilt between the 3 players, when the occupation is over. These massive aqua islands would be easier to get for allys that are good at working together.

- Remove the fixed spawning time of islands and make them more random. Instead of a 72 hour spawning time for big aqua islands, make the spawning time between e.g. 60-80 hours. That way the big aqua islands are no longer so easy to get for  big players and allys who make spreadsheets of the spawning times. It would make it easier for more players to get the desirable big aqua islands, as you and your ally would actually have to look for the islands on the map instead of just making a spreadsheet of all the spawning times.

- Implement rewards for the individual cargo point score of each player. In events like the samurai/nomads and FLs/bloodcrows the individual player is rewarded for their own efforts, so why not in storm? Rewards for individual score would incentivize players to build cargo ships even if their ally as a whole is not. But make the rewards worthwhile, otherwise players are not going to bother building ships.

- Ally rewards in storm need a massive overhauling. They are pathetic! But we have been saying that for a long time now.

- Introduce new storm titles. There are only 4 positive titles, so it is limited who can have these. If there were more positive titles, then more players in an ally could be rewarded for their efforts and thus it would increase the incentives for more players to give it their all in storm.

- Update Luna's store in storm. For instance Luna could have speciel gems for commanders and castellans. Like a commander gem that gives 22% extra troops on the flanks and 10% later detect or a gem with 18% extra CY and 10% extra speed for maybe 100k aquamarin a piece. And perhaps even better gems for a lot more aquamarin.
    And as others have suggested they could introduce a moat tool to Luna's shop as well. Let's say -10% to moat and 28 speed and you get 2 moat tool for 1500 aquamarin. I think that would be a good balance between grinding for the tools and not making it too easy. Remember that goodgame would never make it easy to get moat tools.    
    MrKennyKRH lvl 800 @ skn 1
  • gazz65 (GB1)gazz65 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 710
    apart from building deck chairs and summer houses in storm for tax collecting. storm is waste of time now.
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 18.09.2017
    At least in my opinion level 8, 7, 6, and 5 random gems should be made available in Storm Islands as well and also significantly reduce aquamarine costs for levels 2 to 4 (which by the way are also very cheap in gold coins to sell making them practically worthless in value for selling for extra gold coins), because now a days it is fairly easy to get levels 6, 7, and even 8 gems while levels 5 and under are now very easy to get with no need anymore to get level 4 and under gems from Storm Islands, unless if you are a player who is part of a small alliance and not active much either. If you don't really need it then why waste 80,000 aquamarine for only one level 4 gem? I honestly think that for what its worth level 4 gems should be more like only 40,000 aquamarine, level 3 should be only 20,000 aquamarine, and level 2 gems should be only 10,000 aquamarine. As for the other levels 5 through 8, level 5 could cost maybe 50,000 aquamarine, level 6 could cost maybe 60,000 aquamarine, level 7 could cost maybe 80,000 aquamarine, and level 8 could cost maybe 100,000 aquamarine. Adding more levels for gems in Storm Islands I think that may make Storm Islands more worthwhile for those who seem to have a hard time with getting decent gems in the game and especially the level 7 and 8 gems.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Is there a possibility of adding to or updating storm?

Make it more like Nomads, with a pirate ship that comes and attacks your island that uses troops and equipment from Storm, when you loot enough res from islands?

Add "cursed doubloons" to the res you get from looting islands? When you collect enough the pirates attack.

or the pirates can attack randomly like rb king

And cursed doubloons can be used to buy "cursed pirate" equipment or extra aqua etc.

So you are saying you want to remove the little diversity we still have in this game? And make it ALL the same?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file