Home Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Change it. Diplomacy with Alliance changed to war.

Could developers change the message on the alliance overview
Instead of:
Diplomacy with AllianceXXX changed to war
to:
War declared since PlayerYYY attacked PlayerZZZ of AllianceXXX

or something similar. This would help the Diplomats to track the dimpolacy issues.

Answers

• Yes, certainly yes. I have been a diplomat in the past and I know it can become quite difficult to track down everything. This would improve much I suppose.

Hello everyone!

Good to see you. I'm Lucas from the dutch server (NL1) and i play in an amazing Alliance called Two Towers. I really enjoy playing the game. If you want to make contact with me leave a message here or if you are from the dutch server message me there!

Kind regards Lucas1999

• detedudu (INT2)detedudu (INT2) Posts: 352
    edited 13.09.2017
    Instead of:
    to:

or something similar. This would help the Diplomats to track the dimpolacy issues.

Both good and bad... It's fantastic for alliance leaders and diplomats to track down issues as you say. However does the entire alliance really have to know that player 'xxxxx' caused the war? I know when i handle diplomacy issues regarding a player i keep the talk between him/her and the leadership. Not every war declare is due to something intentional, sometimes unintentional mistakes happens, then there is no need to shame that player infront of the whole alliance. 
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 13.09.2017
    Instead of:
    to:

It might sound like a good idea, but only problem is what about auto war? Auto wars can start if someone hits another alliance, but war with that alliance may not necessarily have been intended. Like what detedudu had mentioned that might shame the player in front of the entire alliance.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • It won't be implemented if GGS doesn't get any money out of it, that's just how things are now
  • Icelords, you are totally right. If a fix attracted more players then it would get a chance to be implemented.
    The ideal solution, in my opinion, is when not everything is shown on the alliance overview to everybody. I think the higher the rank, the more informative the alliance overview should be. 
  • It might sound like a good idea, but only problem is what about auto war?
    It'd only work when auto-war is on, when someone declares manually it already says who declared.

I think this is a simple but nice idea for auto-war, but I think in the ledger it should remain as it is, or maybe put the offending player's name in the box instead of just the other alliance.

The message, though, could be spiffied up. "A castle lord has attacked a member of your alliance! War now reigns between your alliances. Prepare for some mighty battles!" could be improved to "PlayerXXX has attacked PlayerYYY! War now reigns between "PlayerXXX's alliance" and "PlayerYYY's alliance". Prepare for some mighty battles!"

It'll probably never get implemented, but meh
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • It might sound like a good idea, but only problem is what about auto war?
    It'd only work when auto-war is on, when someone declares manually it already says who declared.

I think this is a simple but nice idea for auto-war, but I think in the ledger it should remain as it is, or maybe put the offending player's name in the box instead of just the other alliance.

The message, though, could be spiffied up. "A castle lord has attacked a member of your alliance! War now reigns between your alliances. Prepare for some mighty battles!" could be improved to "PlayerXXX has attacked PlayerYYY! War now reigns between "PlayerXXX's alliance" and "PlayerYYY's alliance". Prepare for some mighty battles!"

yes, it should be implemented either way. And I don't think it is a big change. Should be just a few lines of code, getting the name of the member from the database and pulling it to the message board.
  • hge (US1)hge (US1) Posts: 986
    It might sound like a good idea, but only problem is what about auto war?

yes, it should be implemented either way. And I don't think it is a big change. Should be just a few lines of code, getting the name of the member from the database and pulling it to the message board.
    Yeah, no.  GGS always screws up when it's just "a few lines of code".
    HGE
    I am a non-ruby buying Level 70, Legend 100-something-but-I-am-to-lazy-to-update-this-every-time-I-level-up

"He was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy; his eyes were bright and clean, and his voice like music; on his brow set wisdom, and in his hand was strength."

He firecasted.
    His alliance supported.

• zaxx (US1)zaxx (US1) Posts: 106
    couple years back when I was a diplomat , I made it a habit of checking the Chronicle in the over view  whenever a war was announced . This most of the time would lead you to who did what to who . It wasn't perfect  but most of the time the chronicle would give you enough facts to go on . Example  player Joe Baloney gained 400 honour points at 3:45 am and at 3:45 am The alliance "The Ravishing Fearmonger Bunnies" declared war ...( this was a good example ) but sometimes you had to delve a little deeper .   Still it would be nice to have a name of the person who tripped the nuke button . 
  • Actually this idea of reflecting the honor point change on the overview seems a good idea. Pity it is not shown now. Relating honor per player and war status of an alliance might help due to the time-stamp. I do not see why it would not.
Sign In to comment.