We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion thread: September update

Comments

• dreamtree (US1)dreamtree (US1) Posts: 1,366US1
    "we will increase the equipment storage from 160 to 320 with the upcoming update!"

Great. 

"Battle Report Improvements"

Cool, I guess. 

"War of the Bloodcrows Reward Changes"

Expected these...

"Battle of Berimond Rewards"

Yawn...

"During our Long term point events you will encounter a new quest, ‘Friend of the true King’. Be loyal to your true King Eric and he will handsomely reward you."

Cool, I guess. Would rather see a 200%, but idk. GGE wants more profit from an individual rather than less profit per individual spread over more people, resulting in more profit. 

I stopped spending because people had an unfair advantage. You removed that, thanks, but you also punished me and demotivated me from even playing. Great job. 

Now... I'll get to this later in the post.

"Additional research levels will be added"

Most endgame players cannot even complete this without completely changing our current builds. You're asking us to build sawmills and stonemasons just so we can upgrade a level or 5 of research. Then we have to destroy it again. This could have been implemented better, but it wasn't. 

"Gem removal will cost Rubies again. New gem removal prices will be available after the update takes place."

Eh, we knew this was coming. The new prices do improve things greatly, but it's still not really worth 5 dollars to remove a level 8 gem. I'd just add a gem over it and let that gem disappear. Especially with.... Oh yeah, getting to that later in the post. 

"Khan's revenge changes"

Thank you for clarifying what has been changed and what was potentially frustrating for players. This has been a great improvement but doesn't really motivate me to spend money on this game again. 

"It is not possible anymore to take advantage of offers that are actually not running anymore. We reworked our offer system to prevent this behavior. From now on you can only combine offers that are really active and not expired."

We'll see. I'll believe it when I see it. I know it's harder now, but last I checked you still could. 

"The ruby loot for robber baron castles in all kingdoms (not including fortresses) and Berimond watchtowers has been reduced by 50%. This decision is based on our thorough analysis and decreasing the outcome is a necessary change, since too much premium currency is pouring into the game. In the past, we introduced too many features where players could grind hard currency for free and we lost control over our own economy - similar to the recent wishing well changes, which were necessary for the game economy as well."

LOL. I mean, sure, it was pretty easy for a maxed out player that has spent thousands of dollars on the game and has maxed out castles to earn a measly few k rubies per day, but the people that haven't done that? What about people that don't have time to loot all day long. Wow. I mean, the wishing well didn't result in enough outrage for you? 

I genuinely believe that GGE is trying to make as many people quit or stop spending as they can. Are you guys just trying to get to the point where you've waited out our chargeback potential? lmao. What a joke. 

I can't believe that you guys genuinely think that "too much" currency is pouring into the game. It seems much more likely that not enough currency is pouring into GGS. If you think this is going to rectify that then you're sorely mistaken. I don't you do, though. This is an exit strategy. Clearly. It's the most obvious exit strategy I've ever seen. Guess you guys have a lot of hope in Millenium Wars, lol. 

"This change of ruby loot will not be an isolated re-balance, and is part of a broader re-balancing plan which we are currently working on and that players will be able to experience soon. With the re-balancing, we want to provide a fairer and more compelling game experience to all our players. It will include (but not exclusively) topics such as the adjustment of prices in all our ruby vendors and provide a more streamlined progression through the game."

Pfft, believe it when I see it. What? You going to change Cast Iron mants from 16 rubies per piece to 15 rubies? lmao. 

Unless you're cutting tool costs by a minimum of 50%, this won't affect my purchasing. 

It's great too. I've saved thousands of dollars this year. Thank you GGS. Thanks to you I've bought a new computer chair, new couches, engagement ring, wedding rings, a year supply of meat, a couple thousands dollars worth of clothes, new headset for my Xbox 1, Kinect, a dozen games, and took my family on US trips twice. You've reminded me how much better off I am on spending my money on other things. Keep it up!

"As a company, we're behaving similarly to a country"

Yeah, Argentina. 

"which also needs to gain control over its own economy and currency flow."

But can't. 

"Changing the outcome is not being done in order to demotivate players"

But does, which is why you wrote that. 

"it's necessary in order to gain control over the economy again"

lol

"and not damage the game in the long run"

A few years too late. 

"Our goal is a healthier in-game economy that creates a fairer game experience for all our players, and this measure brings us a step closer to achieving this"

I don't believe you. I think your goal is to reduce the potential for customers to chargeback when you inevitably say that the game is being closed due to a lack of players. The same lack of players that is being created by your migration from an F2P game to a P2P game. 

"We will continue to actively monitor data surrounding this feature change, and we may readjust the feature once the currency flow is under control."

It'll be too late by then. For me, anyway. I've always thought I'd never quit this game, but idk, if this update ever even gets implemented. It's definitely sending me in that direction. I guess we'll see what Octobers update has to offer take away.

"The cooldown duration for the skill reset costs in the Hall of Legends has been increased from 7 to 15 days. Since our last changes (from 30 down to 7 days) in one of our previous updates, we continuously analysed our data, resulting in increasing the time a bit again."

I guess this was inevitable. It was always too quick of a cooldown and resulted in making it much easier for me to switch back and forth. Especially considering how much it cost in rubies if you didn't want to wait. Now, with all of the changes to rubies, it's already something I'm less likely to spend rubies on, and now you increase the time. lol. I wonder how long until you raise the price too. 

"The new nomad castellan Armor of the Eastern Raiders and the new samurai commander Armor of Kiruga Yoshiro will finally make their debut in the game! "

You say that now, but you can't even get the update now. Guess that should be taken with a grain of salt. 

"Technical stuff/bugfixes" 

Yay.

Not sure why you need to wait for major content updates to do minor bugfixes, but whatever. 

Now we're eating into the last days of Lotus and losing out on event time because the update is, yet again, delayed. 

Honestly, as anyone can tell you. I may be highly critical, but I've always been in GGS' corner. I've always been supportive and arguably, a cheerleader. I'm losing confidence in GGS. I think that it's fair to say that if I'm losing confidence, most of your other players already have lost confidence. 

GGE has always been the type of game that I've been embarrassed to show my friends. It's always been something I've been embarrassed to admit I spend money on outside of forums and the GGE community. Now I don't even know how to describe how it makes me feel. I've wasted too much money on this game, too much time. I enjoy the friendships I've made here. I enjoyed the game, at some point, but not now. Now it's a job. An endless grind to even keep troops fed. Having to prepare staggered food trips to be able to even take the family out. It's insanity. Maybe that's how it makes me feel. Downright insane. 
    We feel the same! I've never recommended this game. 
    Lv 70 dreamtree @ usa 1! This account is best described as a tree in a large forest...
    @ international 1! @ international 2! @ English 1! Those accounts are retired.
    http://prntscr.com/53jb2i
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://prntscr.com/61r5kl
    500k might points. I know. A lot of people have higher. Wow, now I have have over 700k... 
    http://prntscr.com/ek3c51

http://prntscr.com/gers7n
    Yay! A nice reward!

• willr (NL1)willr (NL1) Posts: 17NL1
    changes normally are a good thing it keeps the game fresh and that is what yuo want as a player , but if you try to save for things and for some reason  when you have enough the thing you want to buy for example extra stuff so you commander will bestronger is taken out of the game and your stuck with a half completed guy that is nog fun anymore its starts to get frustrating, not only for me but for more members in mij clan , and now the well is taken out , ik have upt it to lvl nine it costed me enough rubies , and it dissapears, do i get my rubies back or any form of compensation for it , im on a tight buget  i cannot buy limmetless rubies, so this makes me angry now i have a well with nothing  to do but sit and be pretty.i play my butt off , but instaed of being rewarded i get punished for not playing with  a lot of rubies. and that is at this point every time with the game, if i could play with rubies i probably would but cannot affort it, so i play a lot lot online but is beginning to feel like gg wants me out and only wants players that can buy a lot of rubies, and every time a update comes it looks  like to gets harder for me to keep up because  i cannot buy a lot of rubies.
    willr @ nl 1
  • Perryl (AU1)Perryl (AU1) Posts: 1,234
    changes normally are a good thing it keeps the game fresh and that is what yuo want as a player , but if you try to save for things and for some reason  when you have enough the thing you want to buy for example extra stuff so you commander will bestronger is taken out of the game and your stuck with a half completed guy that is nog fun anymore its starts to get frustrating, not only for me but for more members in mij clan , and now the well is taken out , ik have upt it to lvl nine it costed me enough rubies , and it dissapears, do i get my rubies back or any form of compensation for it , im on a tight buget  i cannot buy limmetless rubies, so this makes me angry now i have a well with nothing  to do but sit and be pretty.i play my butt off , but instaed of being rewarded i get punished for not playing with  a lot of rubies. and that is at this point every time with the game, if i could play with rubies i probably would but cannot affort it, so i play a lot lot online but is beginning to feel like gg wants me out and only wants players that can buy a lot of rubies, and every time a update comes it looks  like to gets harder for me to keep up because  i cannot buy a lot of rubies.
    Don't worry. You can loot rubies! Loot them now before the update actually happens, because that's going down by another 50%. 

Of course, GGE wants you to buy rubies. They made a major change to the payment system and it resulted in income loss. They've been trying to get back to that level of profitability ever since. They can't, though. Nobody wants to spend 3 - 10 times more than they have to on rubies. They dug their own grave and now they're trying to drag us all in. 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 
  • how about some compensation for the players that have lost 2.5 days of Lotus King.  Normal player that is 2-3 pages a day, average-above average player  3-4 pages a day.  super players 8+ pages a day. Do the math GGE you are hurting all your players rewards.  Not to mention, that most all players above lvl 25 have learned to prep for your events prior to the time they arrive(if and when they might ever arrive)  what about all that lost time and effort.  Most all lvl 60+ players set their troops, tools, and commanders up for the oncoming event.    Anyone( not me fortunately) that had a boost start during your lack of events has just burned it for nothing.  They should be compensated as well.   The list of ways you are hurting players can go on and on
    @knightaker (US1)

According to those estimates any of the players (including the normal one) would finish the event without the loss of the 2.5 days they lost, in fact, you could do just 2 pages a day and finish the event with 15 days spare.... there are spare days added to the event above a month to cover lost time such as this (5 days extra this time I believe) 

This event lasts 35 days, 2 pages a day = completed in 20 days. On top of this, not everyone is meant to complete both sets of rewards (40 pages), and so really there should be plenty of time to get to complete the first set of rewards in 30+ days, that's an average of 2 pages every 3 days, considering some people get all 40 pages completed in one day of nomads/samurais, the key is really in the planning of early stage samurais/nomads.

Angus
    Can you be any more condescending?
  • how about some compensation for the players that have lost 2.5 days of Lotus King.  Normal player that is 2-3 pages a day, average-above average player  3-4 pages a day.  super players 8+ pages a day. Do the math GGE you are hurting all your players rewards.  Not to mention, that most all players above lvl 25 have learned to prep for your events prior to the time they arrive(if and when they might ever arrive)  what about all that lost time and effort.  Most all lvl 60+ players set their troops, tools, and commanders up for the oncoming event.    Anyone( not me fortunately) that had a boost start during your lack of events has just burned it for nothing.  They should be compensated as well.   The list of ways you are hurting players can go on and on
    @knightaker (US1)

According to those estimates any of the players (including the normal one) would finish the event without the loss of the 2.5 days they lost, in fact, you could do just 2 pages a day and finish the event with 15 days spare.... there are spare days added to the event above a month to cover lost time such as this (5 days extra this time I believe) 

This event lasts 35 days, 2 pages a day = completed in 20 days. On top of this, not everyone is meant to complete both sets of rewards (40 pages), and so really there should be plenty of time to get to complete the first set of rewards in 30+ days, that's an average of 2 pages every 3 days, considering some people get all 40 pages completed in one day of nomads/samurais, the key is really in the planning of early stage samurais/nomads.

Angus
    nice bs comment. Obviously you did not understand the text that you briefly read over.  Regardless of what extra time you put into the event, players have planned on that time in order to use it wisely.  If players are not supposed to be able to complete events in their entirety then why have the fricken events. As a business owner, one does not set a goal for their people that is attainable, then change that goal at will so that people cannot obtain it, The only players that complete the list in one day are the super $buyers. The rest of the normal players PLAN their game to set time tables and periods to which they are able to play.........................................
  • rex13 (PT1)rex13 (PT1) Posts: 679PT1
    edited 06.09.2017
    BM ang1243 
    I would like to know if I will take another day to receive food from barons level 1 !!!!!!!!! If there are really problems with the update and we have no event, you should give us a present with food ... Because this is nothing ... This is simply incompetence of the GGS workers ... I'm sorry to say this, but it's the truth ... We players, especially those who do not put money into the game, always suffer the consequences, both in terms of fairness and the level of time we spend in the game to get food in effort ... I really hope that the company improves the situation and go back to what has been a few years, because otherwise the players will still dishearten more ... And you can thank us for keeping this game ... Because there are few ...
  • pedroamigo (PT1)pedroamigo (PT1) Posts: 2,031PT1
    BM ang1243 
    Eu gostaria de saber se irei aguentar mais um dia a receber comida de barões nivel 1!!!!!!!!! Se realmente há problemas na atualização e estamos sem evento, vocês deveriam dar-nos um presente com comida... Porque isto não é nada... Isto é simplesmente incompetência dos trabalhadores da GGS... Lamento dizer isto, mas é a verdade... Nós jogadores, principalmente os que não metem dinheiro no jogo, sofremos sempre as consequências, tanto a nivel de justiça como a nivel do tempo que passamos no jogo para conseguir comida em esforço... Eu realmente espero que a empresa melhore a situação e volte àquilo que já foi à uns anos, porque senão os jogadores ainda irão desentusiasmar mais... E bem que nos podem agradecer por manter este jogo... Porque restam poucos...
    Concordo...
    I Agree... "If there are really problems with the update and we have no event, you should give us a gift with food ..."

• When will you update the 06/09/2017 update on the TR1 server?

• rex13 (PT1)rex13 (PT1) Posts: 679PT1
    BM ang1243 
    Eu gostaria de saber se irei aguentar mais um dia a receber comida de barões nivel 1!!!!!!!!! Se realmente há problemas na atualização e estamos sem evento, vocês deveriam dar-nos um presente com comida... Porque isto não é nada... Isto é simplesmente incompetência dos trabalhadores da GGS... Lamento dizer isto, mas é a verdade... Nós jogadores, principalmente os que não metem dinheiro no jogo, sofremos sempre as consequências, tanto a nivel de justiça como a nivel do tempo que passamos no jogo para conseguir comida em esforço... Eu realmente espero que a empresa melhore a situação e volte àquilo que já foi à uns anos, porque senão os jogadores ainda irão desentusiasmar mais... E bem que nos podem agradecer por manter este jogo... Porque restam poucos...
    Concordo...
    I Agree... "If there are really problems with the update and we have no event, you should give us a gift with food ..."

É que alguns não têm AINDA barões evoluídos ao ponto de conseguir 50k de comida por ataque... Eu ontem tive de gastar 30 aceleradores para enviar comida do fogo para o verde...

• Perryl (AU1)Perryl (AU1) Posts: 1,234
    BM ang1243 
    Concordo...

Eh, already starved anyway. 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 
  • MinosMinos Posts: 80
    edited 06.09.2017
    Honestly tho guys a personal opinion here... Yes I'm a real boy too...

Why start a booster before an update?? (IMO at least lol) haven't they played for long and know gge updates never go smoothly?

http://prntscr.com/ghrmhm like me stopped hitting nomads early because i knew it would be like this.

• Flokii (GB1)Flokii (GB1) Posts: 5
    edited 06.09.2017
    omg ggs are a joke
  • why do you GGE even try to make update if you are incompetent? give us damn blood crows or some other event
  • I am curious if the glory that we should be earning from the crows and berri will be suspended so some of us players don't drop to far and loose our ability to recruit decent troops or is gge trying to start an all out war so that every one goes and gets their glory by attacking live players

just a thought to add to everyone elses frusteration

• Phenom (IN1)Phenom (IN1) Posts: 91IN1
    Doesn't look like we will have any event today either. Some food addition maybe? Even PvP attacks yielding nothing now. No one has anything left!!

Knowing GGE, there is zero chance of anything happening but still atleast we asked!!!
  • By their own account GGE knew bout the problem 5 days ago.  Why did they just not start from scratch again on the existing programming and add the new pieces one at a time, (not including the equipment storage).  Surely they keep files for upgrades and treat each change as a modular ad-in. 

While I appreciate the increase storage of storage.  GGE had determined over a year that they could not do to restriction in the current data-base.  Low and behold, they attempt it anyway and causes problems including apparently server crashes.  How stupid can you get.
    kookiekooks @ usa 1
  • Nata (NL1)Nata (NL1) Posts: 82NL1
    What sucks is I had the 18 hour bonus last night and hit a bunch of camps and then purchase crap ton of Horsetails so i could send my troops out to tray and complete louts king twice this time. That would be why this game sucks they don't care about the players who plan for events. I started building troops 36 hours ago so I could hit the crow hard today. 
    they SUCK!

to be fair, they DID warn us about this change well before the nomad event ended............but still. i'm ready for blood crows to start, lol ;)
    Not all players are reading forum.... They should warn players with an  "massamail" or something.... 

Sign In to comment.