Home Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion thread: September update

Comments

• veloric (US1)veloric (US1) Posts: 96
    edited 05.09.2017
    i think given the lost days of the season event that they should extend the monthly event, period. perhaps just extend the monthly to include the next event after sammies, that would be perfect IMO. not a hard thing to do at all.
    GGS does not care about your feedback because most just keep buying rubies anyway!! this game is addictive and they know it. AS LONG AS YOU KEEP BUYING, NOTHING WILL CHANGE. don't say you're upset, SHOW THEM YOU'RE UPSET!!!!

the same applies to all walks of life. many who are greedy get away with it because we allow it to continue. we give them their power because we choose not to stand against it as a whole. some do, but it's not enough. people need to learn that they hold the power, and they can take that power away.
  • overlord90098 (GB1)overlord90098 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,798
    can we fl as the update doesn't seem to be coming? or are you trying to give me a heart attack?
    overlord90098 @ en 1
    Level 70 non ruby-buyer 
    General of DEFA1
    RIP Rulermichael1 

Okay, listen, we should get our stories straight, alright? If anyone asks -- and no one's gonna ask, don't worry -- but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive. Alright? Not dead.

Nobody is going to space, mate!
    Marie Curie invented the theory of radioactivity, the treatment of radioactivity, and dying of radioactivity. In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen, due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than 4% of poor people are able to do this.

"Starting now, if I'm honest, to wonder if you're doing all this screen-breaking on purpose. Beginning to actually take it personally. You know what I mean? Like, it's like an insult to me.""Ohh...! There goes another one. There goes another one. They're not inexpensive. I'd just like to point that out. Um, it seems... unfair, y'know, smashing screens. You could give them to people. Instead of smashing them, unscrew them and, and give them to like a homeless person, I don't know what a homeless person would do, but uh, you get my point. It just seems... and you can't unscrew them either, they're bolted in, but... auh, just stop it!!"
    "No, seriously. Do come back. Come back, please."
    "Okay, I've decided not to kill you. IF you come back."
    "Aw. Just thinking back to the old days when we were friends. Good old friends. Not enemies. And I'd say something like 'come back', and you'd be like 'no problem!' And you'd come back. What happened to those days?"
    "Can't help but notice you're not coming back. Which is disappointing."
    "Oo! I've got an idea!"
    "YES YES! IN YOUR FACE! I GOT YO-ah, nope."
    "Fine. Let the games begin."
  • so when is the update? tomorrow at what time?
  • Smick (US1)Smick (US1) US1 Posts: 3
    LTPE needs to be extended due to the days lost with failed updates. Either that or gift everyone a LTPE points booster for 24 hours.
    Smick @ usa 1
  • ~NEKOK~ (TR1)~NEKOK~ (TR1) TR1 Posts: 222
    @BM ang1234 ggs  turkısh speak hem göcebede hemde kargada yaptığı bu hata icin güzel bi hediye paketi hazırlasın bence yaptığı hatanın karşılığı böyle versin bari gün gectikce oyunu bırakanların sayısı artıyor nedeni = yakut yağmalama oranı düştü, yağma kalktı ggs nin oyuncuları zorlayacak değilde rahatlatacak güncelleme yapması lazım değilmi ggs böyle yaparak herkes yakut ceker para kazanır sanıyo ama elindeki oyuncuları yavaş yavaş kaybediyo bunun bilincinde olması lazım    saygılarla
    @ yasinplayer5

english please - google can't translate - is this a dialect or slang ?
    never mind ggs did not understand us anyway

Pişmanlık nedir bilir misin? Merak etme öğreteceğim!

• Are the events starting at normal time tomorrow? or are they delayed??

• pro's of not getting the update, no new bugs in the system
    con's no event, like BloodCrows, or FC's whatever they are called this week.
  • Ruby loot thing sucks.

Wish GGE would at least be honest instead of desperarely trying to crawl away with political nonsense.
    WAR PLAYER
  • No matter how much you guys complain GGS won't change there decision.

RBCs was my main source of rubies. Still is until the update comes.

There is more ways to earn rubies though:
    1.) Daily Activities(Need to build up dwellings)
    2.) Shady Hits
    3.) Ruby Quests
    4.) Fortresses(Won't change after update)
    5.) Event Activity Rewards(The 100 rubies they give)
    6.) Older Events(Blade Coast, Underworld)
    7.) Hitting Robber Baron King
    8.) Nobility Contest(Sometimes, not sure)
     I'm sure there are more.

Of course hitting Towers was the best way to gain rubies. We will need to work harder for them though, and is not like towers aren't gonna give us rubies, just less then what they used too.

diaper boy @ USA
    onion god @ AU
  • overlord90098 (GB1)overlord90098 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,798
    could we get an event then or at least some points or a boost like someone else mentioned?
    overlord90098 @ en 1
    Level 70 non ruby-buyer 
    General of DEFA1
    RIP Rulermichael1 

Okay, listen, we should get our stories straight, alright? If anyone asks -- and no one's gonna ask, don't worry -- but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive. Alright? Not dead.

Nobody is going to space, mate!
    Marie Curie invented the theory of radioactivity, the treatment of radioactivity, and dying of radioactivity. In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen, due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than 4% of poor people are able to do this.

"Starting now, if I'm honest, to wonder if you're doing all this screen-breaking on purpose. Beginning to actually take it personally. You know what I mean? Like, it's like an insult to me.""Ohh...! There goes another one. There goes another one. They're not inexpensive. I'd just like to point that out. Um, it seems... unfair, y'know, smashing screens. You could give them to people. Instead of smashing them, unscrew them and, and give them to like a homeless person, I don't know what a homeless person would do, but uh, you get my point. It just seems... and you can't unscrew them either, they're bolted in, but... auh, just stop it!!"
    "No, seriously. Do come back. Come back, please."
    "Okay, I've decided not to kill you. IF you come back."
    "Aw. Just thinking back to the old days when we were friends. Good old friends. Not enemies. And I'd say something like 'come back', and you'd be like 'no problem!' And you'd come back. What happened to those days?"
    "Can't help but notice you're not coming back. Which is disappointing."
    "Oo! I've got an idea!"
    "YES YES! IN YOUR FACE! I GOT YO-ah, nope."
    "Fine. Let the games begin."
  • Madara. (INT1)Madara. (INT1) INT1 Posts: 165
    hehehehe  this  update  is realy cool  spiacly when it is not come in time :smiley:  GUYS   just try spend as less as u can money so they know that we can do some damge to them   complaning here will not do any thing  cuse they just ignor it  thats if they read it in 1 place and iam steall upset  that we cant  FLAG  moderator or so  cuse alot what they do is abuse or spam ecspet some for sure :-)  just smile  to there update cuse they wount leasten or react at this discutionse 

sorry for bad speling  :-)  
    reagards
  • 1uplifts (US1)1uplifts (US1) US1 Posts: 35
    Rubies should never be charged to exchange/remove gems. Period. Bad enough we're charged coins for placing them on a particular piece of equipment. And, for what its worth, I spent more money on the game BEFORE the efforts to "reclaim control over the game economy." People are more likely to spend when they're enjoying the game and having fun.

Of course, GGE isn't crazy about the non-ruby buyers. Okay, that sentiment might be expected as GGE makes money when we spend our dough.  But has GGE considered that the predominantly non-ruby buyers make the game more interesting and fun for the ruby buyer? Translation... the ruby buyers NEED the non-ruby buyers IN THE GAME to make the game fun. People are more likely to spend when they're enjoying the game and having fun. Near elimination of every way to get rubies w/out pulling out your credit card really ought to be re-thought. 

There is a reason why the GGE community is shrinking at an accelerated rate. Are you listening to your customers? 

1uplifts @ usa 1
  • 1uplifts (US1)1uplifts (US1) US1 Posts: 35
    Outstanding comment.  i have never been a ruby whale, by any stretch of the imagination.  But is did buy rubies from time to time.  I think it was about 18 months ago, i joined the ruby boycott, and since then i have not bought a single ruby.   I still enjoy the game , but until the inequalities of attack are eliminated i am not buy rubies so i  can watch my castle burn every week or so, by being attacked by some 800 legendary player,  When this started happening, i started firecasting, and stopped attacking other players.   GGE failed to seriously address this inequalities.  If GGE was really serious about game play they would make the game very attractive for legendary 800 players attacking another 800 player.   Another issue is the many multiple accounts still  happening and i believe that is the real reason we have so many legendary 800 players so quickly.  

regards
    1uplifts @ usa 1
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,104
    To be fair I think the changes made more recently have helped to close the gap significantly particularly those related to resource returns. I have been able to level up more quickly particularly in terms of hall of legends which had been slow going previously.  With increased activity linked to better resource production I've been making up ground.  Levels are less significant than HOL levels in my view as the HOL advantages at a higher level make a big difference so in retrospect developing HOL before levelling too fast might actually be a better bet.  Given I'm a defensive player predominantly and more a builder surprised to win a looting nobility and doing okay in the Lotus thing admittedly everybody else was pretty much on holiday or fighting each other presumably.  I guess what I'm saying is that whilst you might not be in a top alliance and it may feel like that you are fighting a losing battle you aren't all those hard yards are ultimately going to be of benefit stick with it.  I'm a shockingly bad looter and poor at FI / BC have a relatively poor HOL for my level and am largely behind my contemporaries level wise so if I can be successful no reason vast majority of player base can't be with good technique, belief and a willingness to take some knocks and get straight back up.  You aren't going to always finish first but when you do it's worth it.  Even if it is by default ;)  Sometimes the designers give you a helping hand and sometimes strategies that didn't make sense suddenly do.  I think the designers have given those of us who were lagging behind a bit of a push we just need to look again at the tools they've given us.  
    Batten @ en 1
  • yep, look at the glory points you need. How many 400-500 defender BCs or FLs will it take to get to those levels. Once again GGE is just chasing the dollar (or euro, or sterling or whatever !!)
    makale @ au 1
  • What sucks is I had the 18 hour bonus last night and hit a bunch of camps and then purchase crap ton of Horsetails so i could send my troops out to tray and complete louts king twice this time. That would be why this game sucks they don't care about the players who plan for events. I started building troops 36 hours ago so I could hit the crow hard today. 
    they SUCK!

• The Writer (US1)The Writer (US1) US1 Posts: 220
    What sucks is I had the 18 hour bonus last night and hit a bunch of camps and then purchase crap ton of Horsetails so i could send my troops out to tray and complete louts king twice this time. That would be why this game sucks they don't care about the players who plan for events. I started building troops 36 hours ago so I could hit the crow hard today. 
    they SUCK!

to be fair, they DID warn us about this change well before the nomad event ended............but still. i'm ready for blood crows to start, lol ;)
    Currently active on: Asia (level 70 LLvl 125)  Co-Leader of "The Pegasus Wolves" alliance
    USA (level 70 LLvl 60) 
    Yes, I LIKE this game. Yes, I'm serious. I will Defend GGE when I feel they are being given unnecessary criticism.
    Yes, I will continue to state my opinions bluntly...
    How about we all work to keep this game alive INSTEAD of calling them to shut it all down with our whining and complaining?

• Phenom (IN1)Phenom (IN1) IN1 Posts: 101
    Do we get a confirmation on whether the update is happening today?
  • Kiwikiler95 (AU1)Kiwikiler95 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 419
    i dont even know if gge can say if the update will happen or not but im really hoping the update comes within the next few hours which would be a normal time for the update to take place 
Sign In to comment.