Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

Join the official Goodgame Discord today!

Are you looking for a community of like-minded gamers to discuss your favorite games with? Look no further than the GoodGame Empire Family Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other gamers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Empire Family Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow warriors from all over the world. Just head to https://discord.gg/goodgamestudios to join the fun!

Discussion thread: September update

Comments

• dreamtree (US1)dreamtree (US1) US1 Posts: 1,366
    50% reduction on rubies looted from npc should also come with huge reductions in prices.
    A few ideas.
    1) Start charging players less for for rubies.
    2) Cut tool prices by 50-75% of what they are right now.
    3) Decrease the amount of rubies required to do about anything in game. Like upgrading buildings etc by 50%
    I think if you announced that the ruby buildings like bakeries and watchtowers being reduced by 50% everyone would be happy even if you reduce the amount we can loot. 
    4) Making the reduction to looting rubies without adding the reduction of prices on other things is really stupid
    I'm a ruby buyer. I'm ashamed to say I've dropped decent cash on the game. Easy enough to see I have max level watchtowers in every castle besides Storm.
    5) That being said I would love for the game to be cheaper to play. You've said you're going to reduce ruby prices for ingame items. I need to see those reductions before I can judge if you can keep the game going. 
    Lv 70 dreamtree @ usa 1! This account is best described as a tree in a large forest...
    @ international 1! @ international 2! @ English 1! Those accounts are retired.
    http://prntscr.com/53jb2i
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://prntscr.com/61r5kl
    500k might points. I know. A lot of people have higher. Wow, now I have have over 700k... 
    http://prntscr.com/ek3c51

http://prntscr.com/gers7n
    Yay! A nice reward!

• Defectus (US1)Defectus (US1) US1 Posts: 1,199
    50% reduction on rubies looted from npc should also come with huge reductions in prices.
    A few ideas.
    1) Start charging players less for for rubies.
    2) Cut tool prices by 50-75% of what they are right now.
    3) Decrease the amount of rubies required to do about anything in game. Like upgrading buildings etc by 50%
    I think if you announced that the ruby buildings like bakeries and watchtowers being reduced by 50% everyone would be happy even if you reduce the amount we can loot. 
    4) Making the reduction to looting rubies without adding the reduction of prices on other things is really stupid
    I'm a ruby buyer. I'm ashamed to say I've dropped decent cash on the game. Easy enough to see I have max level watchtowers in every castle besides Storm.
    5) That being said I would love for the game to be cheaper to play. You've said you're going to reduce ruby prices for ingame items. I need to see those reductions before I can judge if you can keep the game going. 
    Exactly... I wouldn't mind if they released all of these "rebalancing" adjustments at the same time but introducing some before others just makes imbalance that much worse. The fact that it completely disadvantages those who don't spend loads of money isn't a coincidence, and it could be a year or more before we see these other adjustments, if they appear at all.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

I don't play this game anymore.
  • STEVIEBEANZ (GB1)STEVIEBEANZ (GB1) GB1 Posts: 204
    edited 30.08.2017
    I agree with everything Philt, dreamtree and blueicicle say

You've got to pair this with a reduction in prices for both rubies and items you buy with rubies. Now you've reduced the flow of free rubies you have to incentivise players to still try earn them or maybe even buy them.

Other options could be:

-Allow people to buy the sam/nom/glory boosters with rubies and allow them to trigger it at any time.
    -Allow users to straight up buy time skips at the armorer with rubies.

What % of servers are ruby buyers? I cant imagine its much more than 50%. Do GGE really hate the non-ruby buyers that much?

They also need to address regional pricing. It's indefensible
    Post edited by STEVIEBEANZ (GB1) on
    STEVIEBEANZ @ en 1
  • GONZA (PT1)GONZA (PT1) PT1 Posts: 679
    Primeiro a GGS, decide retirar as moedas da sorte, algo que equilibrava o jogo entre rubizeiros e jogadores normais... Agora, depois de tanto marcar objetivos, ela vai reduzir os rubis das torres, barões e berimond??? Mas qual é o sentido disto!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????? Eu quero que me expliquem, como eu agora vou obter rubis... Sou ativo, nunca comprei rubis PORQUE NÃO POSSO, NÃO TENHO IDADE PARA ISSO, e agora retiram a única coisa que me podia fazer evoluir as construções de rubi... Este jogo se está a tornar num verdadeiro jogo de interesses do vosso lado... Vocês não pensam nos jogadores, pensam sim no dinheiro que vos cai nas mãos... PORQUÊ? PORQUE FORAM ESTRAGAR UM UPDATE QUE TINHA TUDO PARA SER BOM!??? Esperam que eu continue a atacar torres do mesmo ânimo... Ou adicionam rubis em outro sítio ou isto vai mesmo desanimar... Próxima atualização: remover fortalezas...CERTO?
    rex13@PT1
  • UD1 (INT1)UD1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,352
    Although I hit so many towers daily, I never really notice the rubies from towers, and until now that GGE have decided to decrease them , I now understand why they are an important part of Non ruby buyer .

I value all non ruby buyers they are a big part of the game, and without them the game slowly dies . In fact to take them away is just mean and petty . You can use your fancy excuse why ruby economy is unbalanced.

For the sake of the game please rethink your stance on this matter , whith the changes you have made recently with the Gem farce then the lucky penny , you seem to upset your complete player base. also with the personal bonus demise.

Non ruby players are just as IMPORTANT whales come and go but the rest of us just press on , I am sure will press on even if you do this , but I am also sure your income will be hit.
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • KingChampion (ASIA1)KingChampion (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,107
    edited 30.08.2017
    One question... if FCs ends tomorrow morning and nomads starts the 1st september, tomorrow there will be no events??

**Sorry, i found the answer in the nations cup page.... So, 1 day of break ok**
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • dreamtree (US1)dreamtree (US1) US1 Posts: 1,366

Wonder who this is...

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Employee-Review-Goodgame-Studios-RVW13637784.htm

Lets eat popcorn and read all these ratings...lol.

Where did you find that review? 
    Lv 70 dreamtree @ usa 1! This account is best described as a tree in a large forest...
    @ international 1! @ international 2! @ English 1! Those accounts are retired.
    http://prntscr.com/53jb2i
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://prntscr.com/61r5kl
    500k might points. I know. A lot of people have higher. Wow, now I have have over 700k... 
    http://prntscr.com/ek3c51

http://prntscr.com/gers7n
    Yay! A nice reward!

• Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 951
    So it seems there are too many rubies in the game?
    That's not very surprising...
    Things you can buy for rubies are getting more and more expensive, so of course we have to stack more and more rubies before we can actually exchange them for something interesting.

Remember the bakery? They made it much more expensive than before, for no added value.
    Remember the watch tower? They made it much more expensive than before, for no added value.
    Did you see the costs for higher level ruby buildings that give a bit more experience or glory? Incredibly expensive.

With this update they're basically saying active players get half the amount of collected rubies for free and a special offer to buy the missing half for real-world money.

But I don't think that non-buyers will suddenly start buying because of this move.
    I think it's more likely that non-buyers will suddenly stop playing.

Anyway, it's not my "country" and not my economy.
    They may know very well what they're doing, and if it's an economic success, they might even repeat this move sometime in the future. But it will definitely change the player base.

Goodbye Forum, goodbye forum friends & Freunde!
    Wiglema (NL1)
  • overlord90098 (GB1)overlord90098 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,798
    Hey GGE here's an idea as your making too many stupid, pathetic decisions you stop game development and give your IPs to companies with f***ing more then 3 emotions; need money, want money and f** the players who won't spend money.   
    overlord90098 @ en 1
    Level 70 non ruby-buyer 
    General of DEFA1
    RIP Rulermichael1 

Okay, listen, we should get our stories straight, alright? If anyone asks -- and no one's gonna ask, don't worry -- but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive. Alright? Not dead.

Nobody is going to space, mate!
    Marie Curie invented the theory of radioactivity, the treatment of radioactivity, and dying of radioactivity. In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen, due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than 4% of poor people are able to do this.

"Starting now, if I'm honest, to wonder if you're doing all this screen-breaking on purpose. Beginning to actually take it personally. You know what I mean? Like, it's like an insult to me.""Ohh...! There goes another one. There goes another one. They're not inexpensive. I'd just like to point that out. Um, it seems... unfair, y'know, smashing screens. You could give them to people. Instead of smashing them, unscrew them and, and give them to like a homeless person, I don't know what a homeless person would do, but uh, you get my point. It just seems... and you can't unscrew them either, they're bolted in, but... auh, just stop it!!"
    "No, seriously. Do come back. Come back, please."
    "Okay, I've decided not to kill you. IF you come back."
    "Aw. Just thinking back to the old days when we were friends. Good old friends. Not enemies. And I'd say something like 'come back', and you'd be like 'no problem!' And you'd come back. What happened to those days?"
    "Can't help but notice you're not coming back. Which is disappointing."
    "Oo! I've got an idea!"
    "YES YES! IN YOUR FACE! I GOT YO-ah, nope."
    "Fine. Let the games begin."
  • https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Goodgame-Studios-Reviews-E684883.htm
    hahahaha
    Went on this site when I saw it above

Almost every review complains about management making poor decisions

The Few pro's are a good leap to better studios and free beer after 6 :D

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,840
    yeah the other pro that comes up is the fact they all love the fact there is no pressure to hit deadlines never  had to work overtime to meet a deadline. 

guess it kinda explains why development is so slow.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Defectus (US1)Defectus (US1) US1 Posts: 1,199
    edited 31.08.2017
    This stopped me in my tracks and has caused me to seriously consider quitting GGE:

Free beer, team ethic, good parties and a liking of the city are the only pros and those are weak...

And then there's what we all know already about GGS but this time from someone who was on the inside—reliance on data, no passion for games and money-grabbing games (this one is the worst in my opinion), lack of customer care and terrible management.

I can't say I'll be too disappointed if GGE shuts down. I don't think I'll be buying anymore, at least.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

I don't play this game anymore.
  • whole time,, this is a ploy to try to get poeple to spend more money,, probably because they've seen a significant drop in ruby sales as of late.. but the drop in sales isnt because people are looting enough rubies to get by, or because they have a ton of lucky pennies saved up, its because GGE keeps pulling this crap,, Im sure you guys have heard about the about the server wide boycott against buying rubies.. correct me if im wrong, but that was because of one of the last updates when they did the stat cap and burnt people that spend hundreds of dollars on gems that are now pretty much useless. with that being said,, GGE thinks this ol slick, slimeball move will help increase sales, but really, it will probably do the exact opposite and have more people join the cause and not spend a frickin cent on this game... anyway you look at it,, its bad business,, what happen to the customer is always right??  more and more people everyday are getting fed up with the bs. its been fine for years, now all of a sudden, you have to lower the rubies looted from towers,, get real... smfh!!!

• flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,814
    it's getting more easiers to spend rubies then get rubies :)

flug @ nl 1
  • Still complaining about the last updates where they made it possible for lv 50s to get the same equipment as the lv 70s.

Alright if they get it, good, sure... But than change the points the lv 50s need to get the equipment. Same points as the lv 70s, same rewards, make it fair. And dont give the 90/90 range/melee for granted ^^. Just like all lv 70s, did and do, before and now, let them/us use the tecnicus.

And for all people reading this. Dont hate on this comment. Make love , not war.
    Opinions always welcome tho.
    Getting bored of the game...
    4 months ago since a 7k+ bc/fc

Still waiting till GGE give us more 1h and 30m skips.
Sign In to comment.