Discussion thread: September update

Comments

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,815GB1
    i think the difficulty of the attacks is about right, if you want to make it easier then why not allow HOL defensive bonus to work against the attacks, this way you are not dumbing down the event just allowing player s a way of  being able to work to protect themselves.  You could and make the castle lords bonus of heros etc work against the attacks.  as there really isnt any NPC  castillians,   because up until now apart from tiny rb attacks there really is no point to them.  Until now. 

so all i would say is make these incomings be treated like normal player attacks like the FI attacks, so the def hol can be utilised.

But i have to agree please dont dumb down the attacks at early levels they are very weak,  it only once you leveled the kahn camp up they start to get a little tricky.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Just a suggestion, but we all need more skips for rewards.    During nomads you can get a lot, but during samurai event, once you run out of skips, it gets really boring.    Yes, I know you can buy some by purchasing rubies, but those not buying rubies are sitting bored for 4 days.......

WD
    Exactly... Or make 5 hour skips MUCH more common from towers.
    I've talked to several people and pretty much we're going to need the following.

New activity rewards for Samurai & Nomads, these going up to 300,000 token points in each event as opposed to the current activity point cap of 95,000 or so.

The number of skips we can hold needs to be increased to around 360 for both 24h and 5h.

Samurai should offer 210 24 hour skips & 148 5 hour skips.

Nomads should offer 210 5 hour skips and 148 24 hour skips.

Personally, I think G.G.S. should allow the skip cap to be 360. So if you earn the skips you will not have overlap. As now and in the past the number of skips you can hold is far below what is earned and skips are wasted because of this.

Currently to max the Kahn Rage camp, it is estimated you probably need around 20,000 attacks, if you had 65 players with 180 skips for 24 hours each. You would barely break 11,000 attacks. If all 65 of these players also use 180 5 hour skips, they'll get to just barely grind out an additional 3,000 attacks. So 65 people using 180 5 hour & 180 24 hour skips will get you a mere 14,000 or so attacks which is at least 6,000 more additional attacks from maxing the camp.

This means it's literally impossible to complete the rage camp & level to 100 even while using literally every skip you have at your disposal on the rage camp, this means no using the skips for building anything or for samurai just hitting rage camp.

It's not possible to complete the event without everyone spending an average of 100 dollars per nomads event to buy skips for both nomad's events each month just to level the Rage Kahn to level 100. That's 200 dollars or more every month from every player. And that is just for nomads, not for the FL's, BC's, Samurai, other events or to build up you're own account. Just for the rage Kahn. Which I will say right now is completely unrealistic.

In order to get those additional 6,000 attacks, all 65 players must send an additional 92-93 attacks on average. That is 460-465 5 hour skips. Now generally 1000 rubies is equivalent to 1 U$ Dollars.  According to the above offer for 85 dollars. You can get 460 skips for around 112-114 U$ Dollars. Which is 7,345-7500 U$ Dollars every nomads event just to max the camp. In 1 month that is 15,000 dollars for 1 alliance to get their camp maxed. This is absurd. G.G.S. please fix this.

I would agree we definitely need new activity rewards.

However I would argue that instead of the new skip rewards being part of the alliance rewards, it be part of the player rewards. This would mean that you can't just sit around and do nothing while still earning tons of skips during the samurai event as well. Also, I don't think the skip capacity needs to be increased, nor do I think it's likely considering GGE updated the old skip capacity recently.

Instead, perhaps skips could be sprinkled in as rewards up until about 100,000 points, for one player. There are players who can reach 100,000 points, but at the moment it requires ridiculous amounts of money. Current activity rewards wouldn't have to change if players got rewards starting at around 16,000 points. Perhaps 100 5-hr skips could be award at 16,000 points and another 100 5-hr's awarded every 8000 points or so.

I have heard of players who don't spend in samurai/nomad invasions but still do very well by looting all of their skips from towers. I find this incredible as I rarely find 5-hr skips from towers, and to be able to find hundreds in a day seems impossible. Can anyone confirm that they are able to do this?
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

retired I guess. or trying to be.
  • Kiwikiler95 (AU1)Kiwikiler95 (AU1) Posts: 419AU1
    edited 27.08.2017
    Just a suggestion, but we all need more skips for rewards.    During nomads you can get a lot, but during samurai event, once you run out of skips, it gets really boring.    Yes, I know you can buy some by purchasing rubies, but those not buying rubies are sitting bored for 4 days.......

WD
    I've talked to several people and pretty much we're going to need the following.

New activity rewards for Samurai & Nomads, these going up to 300,000 token points in each event as opposed to the current activity point cap of 95,000 or so.

The number of skips we can hold needs to be increased to around 360 for both 24h and 5h.

Personally, I think G.G.S. should allow the skip cap to be 360. So if you earn the skips you will not have overlap. As now and in the past the number of skips you can hold is far below what is earned and skips are wasted because of this.

Currently to max the Kahn Rage camp, it is estimated you probably need around 20,000 attacks, if you had 65 players with 180 skips for 24 hours each. You would barely break 11,000 attacks. If all 65 of these players also use 180 5 hour skips, they'll get to just barely grind out an additional 3,000 attacks. So 65 people using 180 5 hour & 180 24 hour skips will get you a mere 14,000 or so attacks which is at least 6,000 more additional attacks from maxing the camp.

This means it's literally impossible to complete the rage camp & level to 100 even while using literally every skip you have at your disposal on the rage camp, this means no using the skips for building anything or for samurai just hitting rage camp.

It's not possible to complete the event without everyone spending an average of 100 dollars per nomads event to buy skips for both nomad's events each month just to level the Rage Kahn to level 100. That's 200 dollars or more every month from every player. And that is just for nomads, not for the FL's, BC's, Samurai, other events or to build up you're own account. Just for the rage Kahn. Which I will say right now is completely unrealistic.

In order to get those additional 6,000 attacks, all 65 players must send an additional 92-93 attacks on average. That is 460-465 5 hour skips. Now generally 1000 rubies is equivalent to 1 U$ Dollars.  According to the above offer for 85 dollars. You can get 460 skips for around 112-114 U$ Dollars. Which is 7,345-7500 U$ Dollars every nomads event just to max the camp. In 1 month that is 15,000 dollars for 1 alliance to get their camp maxed. This is absurd. G.G.S. please fix this.

bear in mind when you trigger the attack and defend it you get a few hundred rage points and sometimes you get double rage per attack and the higher the khan camp level is the greater chance you have of getting double rage but i would like the skip storage to be increased and the amount of skips we can win to be increased maybe not 210 and 148 24/5 hour skips per event  but i would love for the samurais to give more time skips even if that meant making all the prizes harder to earn 
  • Just a suggestion, but we all need more skips for rewards.    During nomads you can get a lot, but during samurai event, once you run out of skips, it gets really boring.    Yes, I know you can buy some by purchasing rubies, but those not buying rubies are sitting bored for 4 days.......

WD

bear in mind when you trigger the attack and defend it you get a few hundred rage points and sometimes you get double rage per attack and the higher the khan camp level is the greater chance you have of getting double rage but i would like the skip storage to be increased and the amount of skips we can win to be increased maybe not 210 and 148 24/5 hour skips per event  but i would love for the samurais to give more time skips even if that meant making all the prizes harder to earn 
    Yup I agree... I don't have a huge problem with nomads; it's really samurai that I struggle with. But we need more skips for both events.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

• Mr.assassin2 (US1)Mr.assassin2 (US1) Posts: 1,654
    edited 27.08.2017
    @TheBlueIcicle (US1)

They don't find hundreds in a day, they buy them, use boosters or save up chests & prep for a LONG time. Even then, to do this you have to be basically earning all the points by yourself, as soon as others start hitting the skips will begin to overlap. Heck, without buying if I happen to have 180 of each skip, and use them all on nomads or samurai. I can probably net 30-40k points. This does not occur often though, skips need to be used for other things in game. That is not what I was talking about though, I was referring specifically to the Rage Kahn.

1500 points from each player will get you over 95,000. Thats anywhere from 15-35 hits per person w/o a booster, which is fewer than it takes just to max your 4 camps in the very beginning of the event. I can do that in under an hour of the event beginning without any trouble.

@ the rest of your post. I don't know if you actually read my post or not, but it is mathematically impossible to max the Rage Kahn using what is provided to you in game, if you & every other person in your alliance are not spending large sums of cash on the game. Not only that, but it is also financially completely unreasonable for anyone whose not made of rubies to shell out that kind of money just for 1 event twice a month.

Founder of Camelot Beasts.

• They don't find hundreds in a day, they buy them, use boosters or save up chests & prep for a LONG time. Even then, to do this you have to be basically earning all the points by yourself, as soon as others start hitting the skips will begin to overlap. Heck, without buying if I happen to have 180 of each skip, and use them all on nomads or samurai. I can probably net 30-40k points. This does not occur often though, skips need to be used for other things in game. That is not what I was talking about though, I was referring specifically to the Rage Kahn.

1500 points from each player will get you over 95,000. Thats anywhere from 15-35 hits per person w/o a booster, which is fewer than it takes just to max your 4 camps in the very beginning of the event. I can do that in under an hour of the event beginning without any trouble.

@ the rest of your post. I don't know if you actually read my post or not, but it is mathematically impossible to max the Rage Kahn using what is provided to you in game, if you & every other person in your alliance are not spending large sums of cash on the game. Not only that, but it is also financially completely unreasonable for anyone whose not made of rubies to shell out that kind of money just for 1 event twice a month.
    @Mr.assassin2 (US1)

I think we're just talking about two different things. Apologies if my previous post sounded disagreeable; I support the points that you made.

I agree; the alliance rewards need to be updated too. 

Yes, I read your post. I understand you're talking about the Rage Kahn; I'm talking about the samurai and nomad invasions in general. Skips in general need a rework...

Assuming you have 180 5-hr skips to begin with and you can use these skips before your alliance gets the rewards, then use those skips, then yes, it is possible to earn around 40k points. However, like you said, this doesn't occur often. Using all of the alliance skips that are earned during the nomad invasion, it would be possible to collect about 20k points (assuming you aren't hitting the Kahn Camp). If you are hitting the Kahn Camp, you can get much more points, but as you said it requires a large sum of money to max the Kahn Camp.

My biggest problem is that it's hard to do well during samurai because of a lack of skips. Your issue seems to be that the Kahn Camp can't be maxed freely. Both could be remedied with more skips during both invasions which is really what we need.

All I'm saying is that it might make more sense to add skips to personal rewards rather than alliance rewards (whether or not alliance rewards need to be extended). That way it's not possible for the player to do nothing and still gain large amounts of skips during both events.

In terms of the current skip cap, I would love to be allowed more skips; I just don't see that being likely since GGE just increased it, and I also don't think it's nearly as necessary as increasing the amount of skips earned in rewards. There would also be a smaller need for a higher skip cap if additional skips were given in personal activity rewards because this would mean that the player is likely already low on skips once he reaches the rewards.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

• i don't suppose anyone knows when this update is coming? which day of September?
    GGS does not care about your feedback because most just keep buying rubies anyway!! this game is addictive and they know it. AS LONG AS YOU KEEP BUYING, NOTHING WILL CHANGE. don't say you're upset, SHOW THEM YOU'RE UPSET!!!!

the same applies to all walks of life. many who are greedy get away with it because we allow it to continue. we give them their power because we choose not to stand against it as a whole. some do, but it's not enough. people need to learn that they hold the power, and they can take that power away.
  • Madara. (INT1)Madara. (INT1) Posts: 161INT1
    Just a suggestion, but we all need more skips for rewards.    During nomads you can get a lot, but during samurai event, once you run out of skips, it gets really boring.    Yes, I know you can buy some by purchasing rubies, but those not buying rubies are sitting bored for 4 days.......

WD

they will ignor this kind of sugestion so u need to ignor buying offers   cuse any thing  but dont say anything agenst there mangment or they ignor u totaly :D  and personly agree with

• Diavolo (US1)Diavolo (US1) Posts: 655US1
    Hey guys,

Better late than never; here you can discuss everything about the September Update.

Let us know what you think!

Angus
    Hey, thanks for releasing this info to us. Uhm, this paragraph doesn't make sense. It is fundamentally contradictory:

"Medal reward calculation

The former medal reward calculation was not player friendly and caused a lot of frustration in regards to the actual outcome of medals. We reworked the calculation and increased the overall reward, including boosters & tools, but it should result in about the same as the previous amount."

GGE can't "increase the overall reward" with the rewards paying out "about the same as the previous amount"

hahaha, but now we understand why GGE's math is so off. They seem to think the word "increase" equals "no effect"
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • Diavolo (US1)Diavolo (US1) Posts: 655US1
    Also it looks like we, the player base, were correct in telling GGE that their boosters weren't working:

"Defense tools

The Khan camp defense tools were not applied as intended due to a miscalculation and this wrong behaviour will now be fixed. You should now be able to see the impact of using defense tools on your medals."

I want a refund. I spent 80k rubies on them when they first came out.
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 28.08.2017

WD

Even just 95,000 is difficult to get for most people to get including me and especially in the Samurai Invasion. I am lucky if I even reach the start of page 5 and especially in the Samurai Invasion, unless if I were to hit Samurai Camps all day and also stay up late at night hitting those camps as well as if I did not have a life outside of Goodgame Empire. The 663,000 glory points from the glory invasions at least in my opinion is much easier to get the than the 95,000 points in the Samurai Invasion. Only if you have a booster activated is page 5 easy enough to complete. Kahn's Revenge though combined with the Nomad Invasion in contrast is much easier to get the 95,000 points without boosters than the Samurai Invasion.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • TheBlueIcicle (US1)TheBlueIcicle (US1) Posts: 1,199US1
    edited 29.08.2017
    Even just 95,000 is difficult to get for most people to get including me and especially in the Samurai Invasion. I am lucky if I even reach the start of page 5 and especially in the Samurai Invasion, unless if I were to hit Samurai Camps all day and also stay up late at night hitting those camps as well as if I did not have a life outside of Goodgame Empire. The 663,000 glory points from the glory invasions at least in my opinion is much easier to get the than the 95,000 points in the Samurai Invasion. Only if you have a booster activated is page 5 easy enough to complete. Kahn's Revenge though combined with the Nomad Invasion in contrast is much easier to get the 95,000 points without boosters than the Samurai Invasion.
    I can complete nomads just fine if I have enough mantlets, skips and troops. However I agree, samurai invasion is much harder. I don't know if I've every actually completed the samurai invasion.

Come to think of it, I've completed it once, when I was full on skips from skipping nomads and then bought more skips when I used the first ones...
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

• Mr.assassin2 (US1)Mr.assassin2 (US1) Posts: 1,654
    edited 29.08.2017
    @David Noble (US1)
    Read my post again, I am not advertising 95,000 points on a personal basis as easy. As a collective alliance with 65 people it is beyond easy when everyone is participating.

@TheBlueIcicle (US1)

There is one solemn problem with your suggestion, and that is that unless they cram more rewards into the existing 15,200 points for the rewards, it's not even worth it, it's a wash. And not to mention that is totally not what they would do, you'll have those personal rewards stretching well past 40,000 or 50,000 points. You will spend more skips until they're exhausted hitting the camps, getting fewer skips in return. And if it is not within that very small space of point's, you will need boosters to complete it which then present the fact that you couldn't complete it without spending. Which is literally the same problem I had brought up with the Rage Camp.

Founder of Camelot Beasts.

WD
    I have thousands of 5 min skips - hit more towers and you'll get the same - no limit on 1 or 5 min ones think i hae about 1.2k 1min and 3.5k 5min ones - so easy to use them instead just more clicks!

dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • Ragnar (GB1)Ragnar (GB1) Posts: 5GB1
    retarded ruby update once again
    Ragnar @ en 1
  • @BMang1243  What are the compensation for removing the lucky penny? You understand that we bought rubies and some of the rewards is that lucky penny too? You should pay an equivalent amount of rubies too.
    Hael @ WWW 1
  • Stevemass (GB1)Stevemass (GB1) Posts: 247GB1
    what a way to go cut the amount of rubies you can earn from rbs and towers  and  force the non-rubie buyers out lol 
    Stevemass @ en 1
Sign In to comment.