Home Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion thread: September update

Comments

• Defectus (US1)Defectus (US1) US1 Posts: 1,199
    Just a suggestion, but we all need more skips for rewards.    During nomads you can get a lot, but during samurai event, once you run out of skips, it gets really boring.    Yes, I know you can buy some by purchasing rubies, but those not buying rubies are sitting bored for 4 days.......

WD
    Exactly... Or make 5 hour skips MUCH more common from towers.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

I don't play this game anymore.
  • Just a suggestion, but we all need more skips for rewards.    During nomads you can get a lot, but during samurai event, once you run out of skips, it gets really boring.    Yes, I know you can buy some by purchasing rubies, but those not buying rubies are sitting bored for 4 days.......

WD

Or do PvP like the war game this is supposed to be.

Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

• Turtle24 (US1)Turtle24 (US1) Posts: 544
    edited 25.08.2017
    Just a suggestion, but we all need more skips for rewards.    During nomads you can get a lot, but during samurai event, once you run out of skips, it gets really boring.    Yes, I know you can buy some by purchasing rubies, but those not buying rubies are sitting bored for 4 days.......

WD

Why would we do PvP when there's a high cost and little to no reward?

I agree, we need more PvP. But that change is going to come from the developers, not the players.

Because apparently you're bored. And PvP is fun, thus alleviating your boredom, and now you have less troops (probably) and so don't have to worry about no skips for samis since you don't need food as bad.
    Post edited by Turtle24 (US1) on

Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

WD

Why would we do PvP when there's a high cost and little to no reward?

I agree, we need more PvP. But that change is going to come from the developers, not the players.

Because apparently you're bored. And PvP is fun, those alleviating your boredom, and now you have less troops (probably) and so don't have to worry about no skips for samis since you don't need food as bad.
    I'm in a war right now... Gotta do samurai to get the troops for PvP.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

• i think now that we're gettin all this new deco for our castles,, we should be able to move the stuff around from castle to castle,, its crazy that all the old stuff has to go to waste,, or be sold for pennies,, now that all this new better stuff is coming out,, it should be like the construction yard widgets,, put it in your inventory,, and can use it wherever you want..

i think now that we're gettin all this new deco for our castles,, we should be able to move the stuff around from castle to castle,, its crazy that all the old stuff has to go to waste,, or be sold for pennies,, now that all this new better stuff is coming out,, it should be like the construction yard widgets,, put it in your inventory,, and can use it wherever you want..
    Yup... Too bad GGE isn't up for that.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

• zeus1998 (GB1)zeus1998 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 356
    i have to say, it doesn't seem like a bad update, but for me personally it's not a great one either because whilst it doesn't disadvantage me at all, it doesn't really gain me much

RECORD NOMADS = 134,291, TOP 40
    RECORD SAMS = 254,189. 4TH PLACE 
    I've been here for around 7 years now, can't wait to celebrate my decade of destruction. 

• zeus1998 (GB1)zeus1998 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 356
    so because some players aren't good enough and complained at the attacks being too hard, we'll change them to make them piss easy to beat, therefore boring?

The game should be a challenge, why does it have to be handed out on a silver platter cos some players can't be arsed to learn how to defend properly.

what would they do vs a 6 wave, well tooled? give up?

-i did wonder why i got random doubler of rage, was quite a nice surprise tbf.

RECORD NOMADS = 134,291, TOP 40
    RECORD SAMS = 254,189. 4TH PLACE 
    I've been here for around 7 years now, can't wait to celebrate my decade of destruction. 

• Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 674
    <irony mode starts here>

I love it how every kind of player is addressed by the announced changes.

Player A : "The amount of earned medals is not enough!"
    GGS said:

"Yay!"

Player B : "The amount of earned medals is just right."
    GGS said:

"Yay!"

Player C : "The amount of earned medals is too much, in particular for ruby players!"
    GGS said:

"Yay!"

Player D : "I don't care. I play this game because I like gambling."
    GGS said:

"Yay!"

<irony mode ends here>

By the way, dear GGS Community Team, I guess by  you mean "It's possible to trigger an attack from the Khan camp more often" and by  you mean "to trigger chain attacks from the Khan camp", otherwise the rest of the text doesn't make sense. Running chain attacks on the Khan camp involves having enough time skips, not rage.

Anyhow, I like the transparency in the new communications about the Khan event and its problems and solutions. Not everything is crystal clear yet, but we're getting closer. :-)
    Wiglema (NL1)
  • Who on Earth said the Khan hits were too strong to defend successfully? I don't want another FL hash of rubbish tool wasting incomings. The first Khan's revenge was the most fun I'd had on here in ages. Either get stronger defensively so you can beat the big hits, or let them through! They didn't cause you to lose any res, or cause any fires - they just reset your rage. It was nice having to use my brain and have a CHALLENGE. By weakening the attacks you're making the event a bore again - even the last version (2nd Khan event) was easier than the first and less fun because of it. Furthermore, I'm not sure if I'm reading this wrong...But are you removing double rage from defending?! Why?! Double rage from camps is piddly, double rage from defending allowed you to taunt again immediately.
    The first Khan was perfect in my eyes, I can see why people complained because you had to use strategy and skill to do well; and most people still need to work on their game knowledge (no offence intended, just the truth). So... Fine... Dumb it down once, but don't ruin it. Hard to get a good balance so the strong players and the developing ones can both enjoy it. Great to see new rewards coming in from other events, but all this building stronger and for what? PvP is dying, Khan at least gave us a bit of a battle.
    Agree, and if you want to change something make few first levels attacks bigger so we can earn something from them too.
    sir-toke @ skn 1
  • I see a lot of pros and cons in the upcoming update. I must admit that recently GGE have been restoring my faith in their ability to develop the game; but there's still a long way to go. One thing that has got to me though...
    Who on Earth said the Khan hits were too strong to defend successfully? I don't want another FL hash of rubbish tool wasting incomings. The first Khan's revenge was the most fun I'd had on here in ages. Either get stronger defensively so you can beat the big hits, or let them through! They didn't cause you to lose any res, or cause any fires - they just reset your rage. It was nice having to use my brain and have a CHALLENGE. By weakening the attacks you're making the event a bore again - even the last version (2nd Khan event) was easier than the first and less fun because of it. Furthermore, I'm not sure if I'm reading this wrong...But are you removing double rage from defending?! Why?! Double rage from camps is piddly, double rage from defending allowed you to taunt again immediately.
    The first Khan was perfect in my eyes, I can see why people complained because you had to use strategy and skill to do well; and most people still need to work on their game knowledge (no offence intended, just the truth). So... Fine... Dumb it down once, but don't ruin it. Hard to get a good balance so the strong players and the developing ones can both enjoy it. Great to see new rewards coming in from other events, but all this building stronger and for what? PvP is dying, Khan at least gave us a bit of a battle.
    i could not have said it better myself. i think this game needs that player bracket system pretty desperately, that's the only way i see the lower end of players and the stronger players both getting what they want lol. but seriously, i too hate seeing all the complaints from the smaller players about things that are supposed to be challenges.

if you ask me, the brackets system would be nice, perhaps then they could make the foreigners and bloodcrow hits more challenging for the bigger players too. now wouldn't that be nice?
    GGS does not care about your feedback because most just keep buying rubies anyway!! this game is addictive and they know it. AS LONG AS YOU KEEP BUYING, NOTHING WILL CHANGE. don't say you're upset, SHOW THEM YOU'RE UPSET!!!!

the same applies to all walks of life. many who are greedy get away with it because we allow it to continue. we give them their power because we choose not to stand against it as a whole. some do, but it's not enough. people need to learn that they hold the power, and they can take that power away.
  • To the mods, can you explain what this means in the post by ang regarding the change to nomads

"Khan attacks 

The Khan attacks sometimes came in with a double bonus and were too hard to defend. This has been fixed and the attacks should be much easier to defend from now on."

What is this "double bonus" that made them hard to defend?
    thefinker @ en 1
  • K1LLER (US1)K1LLER (US1) US1 Posts: 561
    Easier attacks?

EASIER ATTACKS??

JUST SHOOT ME
    Dont tempt me
    Why should the attacks get easier? No developing player is going to learn how to defend if they're facing crappy hits, and no experienced player is going to have any fun. Just because the worst players have complained that the strategy game isn't easy enough doesn't mean an entire mechanic should be changed to disadvantage thousands of players. I just read an article in which GGE prided itself for continually releasing updates that have led to the "complex" game we see today. Now they decide to dumb it down because a few players don't know how to play.

There's nothing wrong with not knowing how to play. The problem is when the game is simplified so that instead of just allowing players to figure it out or ask for help, experienced players are denied excitement and developing players never learn.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

• Please don't make the attacks easier!   Agree with the above, need a bracket system so game is challenging for the stronger players.   Please don't wimp out the khan attacks!

Just let them rage when we stuff their "good" attacks!

• sir-toke (SKN1)sir-toke (SKN1) Posts: 71
    edited 27.08.2017
    I have one idea for next month update, easyer way to use VIP premium commanders, when I put my defence units to somewhere for 12h I have one less commanders to use for normal playing but if I could just choose that I use one of the days VIP premium commanders to that I could still use all my normal commanders for attacking towers.
    also I could use few more commanders to use, so it would be easier to choose for every use, and I wouldn't need to change some for different events.
    sir-toke @ skn 1
  • Nebulous (US1)Nebulous (US1) US1 Posts: 916
    Honestly the fact that I finally have a chance to complete my Beri comm is freakin sweet.  I think don't see why GGE didn't do this update sooner, but with this update I have a feeling a new 9 piece Beri comm will be coming soon.

GGE you finally did something i'm sure everyones gonna enjoy!
    I'm here to make pretty castles and recruit defense.
Sign In to comment.