Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

LOW FOOD ALERT suggestion

Bill Dawson (US1)Bill Dawson (US1) US1 Posts: 56
The recent update was helpful but it failed to address an issue which would help players manage their castles and outposts, an early warning food shortage alert and monitor. 

Presently the system sends a private message alerting players once their food supply has become inadequate to feed their troops. When the player reads the message it is already too late to save his or her troops from starvation. (This is like someone warning you that a car is going to hit you after the fact; it is somewhat pointless and a bit irritating.) Presently you can see how long the food supply will last in each location by visiting that location and moving your cursor over the food supply figure in the top menu bar.  

I would suggest two improvements:

1-  update the castle overview with one more feature which indicates how long the current food supply at the present consumption rate will last until troops starve. 
Then the food supply time remaining could be viewed for all castles and outposts at the same time. 

2- update the alert system such that it sends a message stating "At the current food consumption rate the food supply in [location] will be exhausted within 4 hours."
Another message could be sent when food stores are down to a 1 hour supply. 
This would give players advanced warning and help them better manage their castles and outposts. 

With so much going on in this game it would be a great help to players seeking to efficiently manage food supplies to have these updates. 

Comments

• @Bill Dawson these are great features!

I personally think that these should be introduced into the game, but I don't think GGE wants players to have "Advance Warning". To allow players to feel the grind, and "encourage" them to buy troops :)

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,063
    GGS awsner at some point I think that it is possible but the servers couldn't keep up cause it need to permanently check food everywhere of all players

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • Defectus (US1)Defectus (US1) US1 Posts: 1,199
    One solution would be to have a symbol in some corner of the screen. Beneath it, the lowest amount of time before food ran out in any castle could be displayed. For example, if you had 1 hour until your food was consumed at OP1 and three hours until it was consumed in Fire Peaks (and these were the only castles loosing food), the timer would show "1 hour". If you got more food in your outpost so that it would now take a day to be consumed, the timer would show "3 hours." Upon clicking on the symbol, you would be directed to the castle with the lowest food consumption.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

I don't play this game anymore.
  • GGS awsner at some point I think that it is possible but the servers couldn't keep up cause it need to permanently check food everywhere of all players
    If that is what they are saying, don't believe them. The servers can and do continuously keep up already.
    They are already keeping up with that data. You can see it by placing your cursor on the food tab in the bar above and it tells you how long it will last at current consumption rate. 

I just want them to give advanced warning instead of telling me when it has already run out. And to have that data visible for all castles on screen at the same time. 

I can't believe they would give such a bullshit answer. 
  • One solution would be to have a symbol in some corner of the screen. Beneath it, the lowest amount of time before food ran out in any castle could be displayed. For example, if you had 1 hour until your food was consumed at OP1 and three hours until it was consumed in Fire Peaks (and these were the only castles loosing food), the timer would show "1 hour". If you got more food in your outpost so that it would now take a day to be consumed, the timer would show "3 hours." Upon clicking on the symbol, you would be directed to the castle with the lowest food consumption.
    I really like that idea. 
  • @Bill Dawson these are great features!

I personally think that these should be introduced into the game, but I don't think GGE wants players to have "Advance Warning". To allow players to feel the grind, and "encourage" them to buy troops :)

I am sure you are right about that. It is clear that most updates to the game include changes which decrease or eliminate various items previously awarded in the game, i.e. the updates necessitate players to buy ruby packages to get the items GGE previously awarded to active players. Anyone paying attention to the game has noticed these changes. I have no doubt that GGE considers the effect on ruby purchases as a prime determinant when making decisions on updates, and suggestions such as mine above, and that player satisfaction is given lip service. The surveys don't impress me.  

But I think it works against them. Because players are smart enough to realize that GGE is willing to sacrifice player enjoyment of the game if they calculate they might sell more rubies by doing so. GGE fails to factor this in. GGE fails to generate good will for their business which they could do if they showed they value player satisfaction above e.g., wiping out player soldiers without warning in hopes of squeezing a few more dollars from active players. 

Patrons may choose to do business with  shop A where the owner/operator goes out of his way to make the shopping experience a pleasant one. We don't mind that he makes a profit; in fact we are glad to help someone like him succeed. 

But we will withhold our patronage of shop B operated by an owner whose focus is on squeezing out every penny of profit at the expense of customer service and satisfaction. We will actually avoid spending money at shop B simply because we hate the idea of rewarding someone who views our satisfaction with contempt, someone so obnoxious and greedy that they see us only as walking purses to be lightened. 

Consider the icons GGE stacks up the middle of the screen, which sometimes reach more than half the height of the screen. These icons are all links to ruby purchase advertisements and cover the default position so you are likely to click the ruby sale icon when trying to click the castle or robber baron you selected. So you are forced to drag the screen to get clear of the ruby sale icons, but wait, there is another column of them to the left. 
    GGE also has ruby sale popups which frequently interrupt the game and require you to X out before you can continue playing. 
    And of course, in case you didn't see those popups or accidentally click an icon, GGE floods you inbox wtih Special Offers. 

I will sometimes buy rubies, but I resist it as much as possible because I cannot stand doing business with shop B. I would be more inclined to buy rubies if the icons were along the side, out of the way, if there were no popups and fewer 'special offers'. I know where to click to buy rubies on my own. 

To top it off GGE refuses to make a simple change like providing advance warning of food shortages. They even lie about the reason they won't make this change. Herveus writes above that GGE claims that their servers cannot handle the task of continuously monitoring the food levels as they would need to do in order to give an advance warning email.  That is an insult. They already continuously monitor the food levels, resource levels, and a myriad of other data points. They cannot even show the basic respect of being honest with us about it. 

• Osiris (GB1)Osiris (GB1) GB1 Posts: 315

To top it off GGE refuses to make a simple change like providing advance warning of food shortages. They even lie about the reason they won't make this change. Herveus writes above that GGE claims that their servers cannot handle the task of continuously monitoring the food levels as they would need to do in order to give an advance warning email.  That is an insult. They already continuously monitor the food levels, resource levels, and a myriad of other data points. They cannot even show the basic respect of being honest with us about it. 

Of course it's possible - you get advance warning when your overseer is going to expire - 17 or 18 hours I think it is - so its definitely something they are capable of doing with a tweak of an existing bit of code.
    Osiris @ en 1
  • dliu3 (US1)dliu3 (US1) US1 Posts: 461
    @Bill Dawson these are great features!

I am sure you are right about that. It is clear that most updates to the game include changes which decrease or eliminate various items previously awarded in the game, i.e. the updates necessitate players to buy ruby packages to get the items GGE previously awarded to active players. Anyone paying attention to the game has noticed these changes. I have no doubt that GGE considers the effect on ruby purchases as a prime determinant when making decisions on updates, and suggestions such as mine above, and that player satisfaction is given lip service. The surveys don't impress me.  

But I think it works against them. Because players are smart enough to realize that GGE is willing to sacrifice player enjoyment of the game if they calculate they might sell more rubies by doing so. GGE fails to factor this in. GGE fails to generate good will for their business which they could do if they showed they value player satisfaction above e.g., wiping out player soldiers without warning in hopes of squeezing a few more dollars from active players. 

Patrons may choose to do business with  shop A where the owner/operator goes out of his way to make the shopping experience a pleasant one. We don't mind that he makes a profit; in fact we are glad to help someone like him succeed. 

But we will withhold our patronage of shop B operated by an owner whose focus is on squeezing out every penny of profit at the expense of customer service and satisfaction. We will actually avoid spending money at shop B simply because we hate the idea of rewarding someone who views our satisfaction with contempt, someone so obnoxious and greedy that they see us only as walking purses to be lightened. 

Consider the icons GGE stacks up the middle of the screen, which sometimes reach more than half the height of the screen. These icons are all links to ruby purchase advertisements and cover the default position so you are likely to click the ruby sale icon when trying to click the castle or robber baron you selected. So you are forced to drag the screen to get clear of the ruby sale icons, but wait, there is another column of them to the left. 
    GGE also has ruby sale popups which frequently interrupt the game and require you to X out before you can continue playing. 
    And of course, in case you didn't see those popups or accidentally click an icon, GGE floods you inbox wtih Special Offers. 

I will sometimes buy rubies, but I resist it as much as possible because I cannot stand doing business with shop B. I would be more inclined to buy rubies if the icons were along the side, out of the way, if there were no popups and fewer 'special offers'. I know where to click to buy rubies on my own. 

They used to divert their server clock cycles into flooding us with special offers. That's why they don't have available CPU time for monitoring our food.
    Proudly a member of Kings All on US1!

GENERATION 37: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

(thanks @Link c0p (GB1) )

================
    Can we talk about games thats not gge yet? Or is this still north korea?
    Sir,
    Pease be polite!
    As you may know, Boo Masters is the ony aliance officially recognized by the DPRK Gaming Cub (North korea).
    Why would you call our sponsor a "dictatorship?"
    shut up @forestw (AU1)
    ================

• waffle666 (US1)waffle666 (US1) US1 Posts: 50

But what would it do when you could feed all your troops would it just disappear

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file