Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Nomad medals reduced drastically, boosters still don't work

Diavolo (US1)Diavolo (US1) US1 Posts: 655
edited 14.08.2017 in General Discussion
Medals seem to be about 10% of their previous values. Where once we were pulling 1100 per hit, now we're pulling 100 or less.

What's up?

At these rates, we won't be able buy much of anything.

Totally disappointed.
Post edited by Diavolo (US1) on
Hidingfromyou @ usa 1

Comments

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,066
    It did was not reduced it was fixed , what we got before was not only beyond broken but also wrong , now it shows proper values , getting all the stuff would have been way to easy otherwise.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • Diavolo (US1)Diavolo (US1) US1 Posts: 655
    Also, we just tested the CY boosters for medals. They still don't work.

One person had an 1100 incoming = 81 medals

Next person used chests, 1100 incoming = 81 medals

So GGE basically just broke their new event and made it much worse.
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • Raggle Fock (US1)Raggle Fock (US1) Posts: 1,391
    edited 14.08.2017

GGE stated that the boosters were not being displayed properly, however you were gaining them properly
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/338122/update-khan-s-revenge-issue-explained#latest

(can't confirm that is occuring, but just saying don't go by the battle reports, go by before and after medal levels)

GGE stated that the boosters were not being displayed properly, however you were gaining them properly
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/338122/update-khan-s-revenge-issue-explained#latest

(can't confirm that is occuring, but just saying don't go by the battle reports, go by before and after medal levels)
    I know what they said. I don't believe them. Our testing and personal experience demonstrates otherwise.
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
    It did was not reduced it was fixed , what we got before was not only beyond broken but also wrong , now it shows proper values , getting all the stuff would have been way to easy otherwise.
    At these rates it won't be possible to get very much at all.

Glad you're happy with almost know growth, since that's what you're getting.
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1

I don't know about you but I think without boosters I'll be at around 8k-10k medals per event which is fine for me

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now

I don't know about you but I think without boosters I'll be at around 8k-10k medals per event which is fine for me
    I guess I am much greedier than you are.

Anyways GGE's continual pattern is to start with huge rewards then nerf to next to nothing - and then wonder why everyone is angry.
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • Raggle Fock (US1)Raggle Fock (US1) Posts: 1,391
    edited 14.08.2017

Anyways GGE's continual pattern is to start with huge rewards then nerf to next to nothing - and then wonder why everyone is angry.
    My guess is that they were intending on decreasing medals but also making it easier (since there were many complaints about how "hard" the attacks were), but while they did get around to decreasing medal gains, they did  not decrease the difficulty.

How convenient.
  • Not sure if this is what you are talking about, but I can confirm that we are gaining more medals than reported in the battle reports, and I'm not using any tools.

Started with: 1254
    According to battle report gained: 15
    Ended with: 1339

True gain: 85

No idea if its a % or some other error.
  • does the khan camp change set up after hits?
    After every X hits.

It does appear that they updated it, such that the spy report will only be removed if the setup changes.

• Wonderful! What a great change goodgame, now I will be able to buy something from the khan store in 40 years. Thank you so very much for making the khan event even more grindy than it was. BRILLIANT!!!
    MrKennyKRH lvl 800 @ skn 1

• Wonderful! What a great change goodgame, now I will be able to buy something from the khan store in 40 years. Thank you so very much for making the khan event even more grindy than it was. BRILLIANT!!!
    psst read what i said, you gained more than 23 medals there ;)
  • Hanzolo (US1)Hanzolo (US1) US1 Posts: 896

Did you check the medal difference in the shop?

Were 81 medals credited or were there more than 81?
    #TheDreamLivesOn

Hanzolo @ Canada1

• For experienced players, there is little advancement that can be achieved through events and gameplay. Nomads Revenge was refreshingly one where many in the same boat could find benefit and growth. I recruited defense for that very purpose this time AND the last time they were 'supposed' to show up. I even promoted it with my alliance members. Then it was cancelled. Now in it's present 'glory' . . . . I am at a loss for words?

Loss for words that are permitted on the forums that is.   
    okay6 @ usa 1
  • sboy777 (US1)sboy777 (US1) US1 Posts: 140
    I just bought the khan plunders trunk (+20% medals on defense).. no place to even put them on the walls now. fix this gge.

smalls
    sboy777 @ usa 1
  • Yeah you are right raggle. I didn't read your comment before posting, my bad. I just got attacked again and the report said 55 khan medals, but it was really 350 khan medals. :p   
    MrKennyKRH lvl 800 @ skn 1
  • Yeah you are right raggle. I didn't read your comment before posting, my bad. I just got attacked again and the report said 55 khan medals, but it was really 350 khan medals. :p   

No Problem. I was pissed this morning as well. glad I checked the actual gain though.

I just bought the khan plunders trunk (+20% medals on defense).. no place to even put them on the walls now. fix this gge.

smalls
    I don't remember, but didn't they say that they weren't supposed to go on the wall but in the keep? May be wrong here, and unfortuantely don't remember wheere I read this.

smalls
    they were never supposed to be able to be put on wall , they are to be put in the courtyardRaggle Fock (US1) said:
    Yeah you are right raggle. I didn't read your comment before posting, my bad. I just got attacked again and the report said 55 khan medals, but it was really 350 khan medals. :p   

No Problem. I was pissed this morning as well. glad I checked the actual gain though.

smalls
    I don't remember, but didn't they say that they weren't supposed to go on the wall but in the keep? May be wrong here, and unfortuantely don't remember wheere I read this.
    yes it said so in the bug fix and they didn't work on wall before anyways

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • Bill Dawson (US1)Bill Dawson (US1) US1 Posts: 56
    edited 14.08.2017

My guess is that they were intending on decreasing medals but also making it easier (since there were many complaints about how "hard" the attacks were), but while they did get around to decreasing medal gains, they did  not decrease the difficulty.

How convenient.
    From what I have observed personally and what I have heard from more experienced players is that the level 80's nomad camps and the Khan camp are sporadically much more difficult to fight. On some hits I only lose 30 or 40 troops, but on others I now lose 150 to 300 troops. A high level player sent me a battle report showing a loss of over 800 troops against the Khan tower, and this lady has played the game for several years. 
    A lot of people think they have increased the difficulty. 

It's as though they want to punish your hard work in getting to higher levels. It used to be that nomads and sams were a great way to gain resources and coins, which is important to do since the Foreign Lords and Bloodcrows cost so much. You always lose coins on those events (unless you are also gaining coins from Berimond when it is running concurrently). But you knew you could recoup your losses on the nomads and samurai events. Now, that is more difficult to do. You have to stop and wait for troop recruitment to catch up replenishing your army from the higher losses incurred now in the nomads and sams, taking time away from attacking. 
    I really think there are some little pissants at GGS who sit around looking for ways to make the game harder and less fun to play. 
  • Grunt3 (US1)Grunt3 (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    Why are khan camps using tails when attacking us ?
    Grunt3 @ usa 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file