Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

GGEs Existence

It has been awhile since I made a post, stopped checking the forums after reading the same things over and over.

So lets get to it, how much longer do you guys think GGE will last?

It's the same things over and over, hittings NPCs get too dull and repetitive.

Updates hasn't been much but only adding things to NPC events and changing a few other things, I thought this was a war game.

If my memory serves me right, GGE said that they were gonna try to reintroduce PvP back into GGE, recent update just introduced this Nation Of the cup where Server Vs Server compete in events, if anything it only encouraged players to hit events harder. I guess some can argue that its like PvP since we're fighting each other to see who can hit events the hardest but that's still a stretch. 

Everything you need literally comes from NPCs: Kres, rewards, shop, coins, rubies, equipment, etc.

Many people are  tired of hitting FL castles where it gives an incredibly low troop count, which only makes us grind harder, and not to mention less food we loot from FLs.

I don't get why GGE is pushing monthly events every month, I thought they were suppose to be special, from what It looks like, there is going to be a monthly event every month, at this point everyone is going to be loaded with castellans and commanders. They should just have it for special occasions, once a season, or every other month . These month events can really benefit players who are returning or new but it just doesn't make the equipment unique if the guy next to me and the guy next to him and him and so on has it. it should be unique and should let other players know that this player worked hard for it.

Who wants to hit another player if they're going to lose all of their tools, lets be real, you can go hit weak alliances and be proud you hit a person with a weak castellan and come home with the unused tools or hit a strong player and getting the rush of adrenaline but at the cost of losing all of your tools.

It feels like after all of these updates, nothing has been made to improve PvP, there is only cons about it: less loot, no rewards, losing tools, fire-cast, tool burn, etc. Only pros of hitting a player is that you can get glory and honor, but who needs glory from players when you can get it from FLs?

I think coin events are good how they are now, the khan camp was something new and exciting but still NPC, stop with the NPCs and just go fix Alliance Tournament and Alliance city.

Tell us whether these events are coming back or not, and if they're then give us a date when we can expect its return, give us something to look forward to.

Looks to me that GGE is going to be a event game. PvP isn't dead yet, there is still a chance to save it GGS.

If this game is going to die in 1-3 years then what is the point of playing, give us a sign that change is happening.

We say all of these things about GGE because we care, but you don't care about us.

Be honest with us.

Listen to the players, we're the reason why you're here.

I just don't see how GGE can last any longer, if there is something that I am not seeing then please enlighten me. 

~ Acrone 

Acrone (US1)
Proud Member of Nation Forces

I lost but I came really close but i'll take that glory
Currently my best Foreign Lord hit, looking forward to better ones

Nation Forces Is Now Recruiting

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/us/discussion/326368/nation-forces-now-recruiting#latest (US1 Forums)
https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/326398/nation-forces-now-recruiting#latest (UK Forums)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The posts I make are my own opinions and it does not reflect on what my alliance believes.

Comments

• OxO (AU1)OxO (AU1) AU1 Posts: 962
    Yeah, I agree, while I still have a while to go in regards to improving gear etc since I'm only LL83, I can see how at higher levels you want to shoot ggs for the repetitiveness 

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,066
    Well going by my knowledge I'd say at least 2 more years.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • Negan (CN1)Negan (CN1) Posts: 174
    at least 100 more years hopefully:P:P
    Negan @ CN1 

• Goodgame has promised to introduce a new PvP mechanic. Hopefully that will make more players want to attack each others. But they are very tight-lipped about this new mechanic, so we know nothing about it. But if I know goodgame then they will have ignored all our feedback on improving PvP and make a mechanic that no one asked for.

Personally the game still has my interest somewhat, because I am only looking forward to the nomads and the new khan mechanic, but everything else about the game is the same old shit and I know I am gonna become bored with the khan mechanic at one point too. They need to make PvP more popular with the masses again, cause it's the only part of the game that is continuously interesting cause it changes dynamically over time and it takes at least some brainpower to do well in PvP. I hope that they finally realise this and make PvP what it once was, namely the main or atleast a major focus of the game.
    MrKennyKRH lvl 800 @ skn 1
  • As a LL800 I can confirm that I have an immense hatred for the repetitiveness of the glory events.

If I could survive without looting during them, I would.
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • jsm1t (GB1)jsm1t (GB1) GB1 Posts: 71
    edited 13.08.2017
    Goodgame has promised to introduce a new PvP mechanic. Hopefully that will make more players want to attack each others. But they are very tight-lipped about this new mechanic, so we know nothing about it. But if I know goodgame then they will have ignored all our feedback on improving PvP and make a mechanic that no one asked for.

Personally the game still has my interest somewhat, because I am only looking forward to the nomads and the new khan mechanic, but everything else about the game is the same old shit and I know I am gonna become bored with the khan mechanic at one point too. They need to make PvP more popular with the masses again, cause it's the only part of the game that is continuously interesting cause it changes dynamically over time and it takes at least some brainpower to do well in PvP. I hope that they finally realise this and make PvP what it once was, namely the main or atleast a major focus of the game.
    GGs new PvP mechanic is (on the UK server) allow Crimson Guard to multi account, have loads of shells in Crimson Sword and other fake alliances that they use, steal ACTUAL PLAYERS OPs using these shells, and kill off PvP in the UK.

RIP PvP

“Religion has actually convinced people that there’s an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever ’til the end of time! But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He’s all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can’t handle money!”  George Carlin
  • overlord90098 (GB1)overlord90098 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,798
    What the point of PVP anyway with the fl and bc have made it pointless, what GGE has to do to save PVP is either remove both of the events ( unlikely ) or make fl events really far apart then again most players have got used to the events and the month long events are terrible and boring try to attempt it and give up after a few days from pure boredom.
    overlord90098 @ en 1
    Level 70 non ruby-buyer 
    General of DEFA1
    RIP Rulermichael1 

Okay, listen, we should get our stories straight, alright? If anyone asks -- and no one's gonna ask, don't worry -- but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive. Alright? Not dead.

Nobody is going to space, mate!
    Marie Curie invented the theory of radioactivity, the treatment of radioactivity, and dying of radioactivity. In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen, due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than 4% of poor people are able to do this.

"Starting now, if I'm honest, to wonder if you're doing all this screen-breaking on purpose. Beginning to actually take it personally. You know what I mean? Like, it's like an insult to me.""Ohh...! There goes another one. There goes another one. They're not inexpensive. I'd just like to point that out. Um, it seems... unfair, y'know, smashing screens. You could give them to people. Instead of smashing them, unscrew them and, and give them to like a homeless person, I don't know what a homeless person would do, but uh, you get my point. It just seems... and you can't unscrew them either, they're bolted in, but... auh, just stop it!!"
    "No, seriously. Do come back. Come back, please."
    "Okay, I've decided not to kill you. IF you come back."
    "Aw. Just thinking back to the old days when we were friends. Good old friends. Not enemies. And I'd say something like 'come back', and you'd be like 'no problem!' And you'd come back. What happened to those days?"
    "Can't help but notice you're not coming back. Which is disappointing."
    "Oo! I've got an idea!"
    "YES YES! IN YOUR FACE! I GOT YO-ah, nope."
    "Fine. Let the games begin."
  • detedudu (INT2)detedudu (INT2) Posts: 352
    edited 13.08.2017
    What the point of PVP anyway with the fl and bc have made it pointless, what GGE has to do to save PVP is either remove both of the events ( unlikely ) or make fl events really far apart then again most players have got used to the events and the month long events are terrible and boring try to attempt it and give up after a few days from pure boredom.

For once i actually support the idea to remove foreign and bloodcrows event... Instead, give us a glory event there you attack players to gain activity rewards with the foreign and bloodcrow sets baked in

Alliance tournament, yes, but with individual rankings and rewards included.
    This shouldn't cause any impact on the money income either as players will be spending money for tools, troops and banners for defending and attacking. 

Now i know that some people will get upset about this idea, but this is a war game, not a farmville game and somehow GGE needs to get back on track to once again becoming a war game as it was many many years ago.

Real pvp battles really needs to become the main focus on this game again, as of right now it's all the event rubbish and repetitive gameplay that's making the playerbase shrink and drop.
  • What the point of PVP anyway with the fl and bc have made it pointless, what GGE has to do to save PVP is either remove both of the events ( unlikely ) or make fl events really far apart then again most players have got used to the events and the month long events are terrible and boring try to attempt it and give up after a few days from pure boredom.

For once i actually support the idea to remove foreign and bloodcrows event... Instead, give us a glory event there you attack players to gain activity rewards with the foreign and bloodcrow sets baked in

This shouldn't cause any impact on the money income either as players will be spending money for tools, troops and banners for defending and attacking. 

Now i know that some people will get upset about this idea, but this is a war game, not a farmville game and somehow GGE needs to get back on track to once again becoming a war game as it was many many years ago.

Real pvp battles really needs to become the main focus on this game again, as of right now it's all the event rubbish and repetitive gameplay that's making the playerbase shrink and drop.
    Agreed...but only if GGE find a way to stop boosting which was the reason the alli tournament was pulled in the first place

Not active ingame anymore  [email protected] (back again) 

[email protected] 

Non-ruby buyer 

[email protected] ResilientEmpire 

Pop me a PM ingame or on forums if you want to join :) 

My loot, first week back: 

• Hey guys,

I've seen rumours of pretty cool changes coming up, and the Nation's cup really isn't a PvP change, GGS are looking to implement some cool genuine PvP changes in the near future.

Angus

I won't be surprised if its just another let down.

I honestly can see how removing glory events would make people hit each other more, instead of hitting some NPC, its considered a real castle lord but all events to me are just NPCs because you just end up grinding to get all the rewards.

I feel like anyone can grab glory titles these days with FLs and BCs here.  

No one would want to hit each other because of tool lost, easy, just make it so that our tools come back from losing a battle, we've been saying it for a long time now, if they don't add this to the next update then they're just idiots. 

Agreed...but only if GGE find a way to stop boosting which was the reason the alli tournament was pulled in the first place
    What if GGE introduced this new section in the diplomacy department where you can add your subs or anybody part of your family and it will be called "Family" or "Kinship" and it will work just like a pact but with a few more features.

Family members will have the same color name tag, kind of how a pact is yellow and maybe a second coat of arms for the whole family to share.

Then again GGE can't really force everyone to use this new feature and boosting can continue. 

Thanks for replying guys! Like to hear your thoughts about this!

~ Acrone
    Acrone (US1)
    Proud Member of Nation Forces

I lost but I came really close but i'll take that glory
    Currently my best Foreign Lord hit, looking forward to better ones

Nation Forces Is Now Recruiting

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/us/discussion/326368/nation-forces-now-recruiting#latest (US1 Forums)
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/326398/nation-forces-now-recruiting#latest (UK Forums)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The posts I make are my own opinions and it does not reflect on what my alliance believes.

• hge (US1)hge (US1) Posts: 986
    Maybe have software that detects when someone has 15k archers in their castle? Or look at all reps that give over 500k glory? Or something like that.  If you see a boost report, it is pretty darn easy to understand what it is just by looking at it.
    HGE
    I am a non-ruby buying Level 70, Legend 100-something-but-I-am-to-lazy-to-update-this-every-time-I-level-up

"He was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy; his eyes were bright and clean, and his voice like music; on his brow set wisdom, and in his hand was strength."

He firecasted.
    His alliance supported.

• Hits of 500k+ glory are not that hard for a big player to pull off, boost hits are usually in the multi-millions
    Friedrich IV US1
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,840
    probem is if u set the limit at say 500k people will just boost to 500k max.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • hge (US1)hge (US1) Posts: 986
    It was an example FFS.  But it isn't that hard to click through a couple hundred reports and permaban the defender and/or attacker on all the stacked ones. That would put an end to it VERY quickly.
    HGE
    I am a non-ruby buying Level 70, Legend 100-something-but-I-am-to-lazy-to-update-this-every-time-I-level-up

"He was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy; his eyes were bright and clean, and his voice like music; on his brow set wisdom, and in his hand was strength."

He firecasted.
    His alliance supported.

• Diavolo (US1)Diavolo (US1) US1 Posts: 655
    As a LL800 I can confirm that I have an immense hatred for the repetitiveness of the glory events.

The intense, immersive graphics and gripping narrative don't captivate you?
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • hge (US1) said:
    It was an example FFS.  But it isn't that hard to click through a couple hundred reports and permaban the defender and/or attacker on all the stacked ones. That would put an end to it VERY quickly.
    And who do you propose go through these BRs?

To police all the BRs of any reported players/alliances on the entire server (and I can tell you, everyone would be reporting everyone based upon nothing but "I dont believe they can get that much glory"), would take an absolutely astonishing amount of manpower, and that's something GGS cannot afford to divert resources to. It's simply too expensive a solution.
    Friedrich IV US1
  • As a LL800 I can confirm that I have an immense hatred for the repetitiveness of the glory events.

The intense, immersive graphics and gripping narrative don't captivate you?
    Maybe if it was in literally anything but flash I'd have good things to say about the graphics
    Friedrich IV US1
  • overlord90098 (GB1)overlord90098 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,798
    At the moment something needs to be done and quick as the game a bigger disaster then the f***ing titanic. 
    overlord90098 @ en 1
    Level 70 non ruby-buyer 
    General of DEFA1
    RIP Rulermichael1 

Okay, listen, we should get our stories straight, alright? If anyone asks -- and no one's gonna ask, don't worry -- but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive. Alright? Not dead.

Nobody is going to space, mate!
    Marie Curie invented the theory of radioactivity, the treatment of radioactivity, and dying of radioactivity. In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen, due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than 4% of poor people are able to do this.

"Starting now, if I'm honest, to wonder if you're doing all this screen-breaking on purpose. Beginning to actually take it personally. You know what I mean? Like, it's like an insult to me.""Ohh...! There goes another one. There goes another one. They're not inexpensive. I'd just like to point that out. Um, it seems... unfair, y'know, smashing screens. You could give them to people. Instead of smashing them, unscrew them and, and give them to like a homeless person, I don't know what a homeless person would do, but uh, you get my point. It just seems... and you can't unscrew them either, they're bolted in, but... auh, just stop it!!"
    "No, seriously. Do come back. Come back, please."
    "Okay, I've decided not to kill you. IF you come back."
    "Aw. Just thinking back to the old days when we were friends. Good old friends. Not enemies. And I'd say something like 'come back', and you'd be like 'no problem!' And you'd come back. What happened to those days?"
    "Can't help but notice you're not coming back. Which is disappointing."
    "Oo! I've got an idea!"
    "YES YES! IN YOUR FACE! I GOT YO-ah, nope."
    "Fine. Let the games begin."
  • Manatee (US1)Manatee (US1) Posts: 2,711

What would the iceberg have been...

bad coding?  investing more in marketing than in quality control / testing?

Or going way back and making everything available with a credit card?

manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
    My ideal method of suicide: climbing Ultimo's ego and jumping to his IQ
This discussion has been closed.