Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Worst of the FL's to date.

Ok, so if according to the last Q+A Video the FL numbers are intentional to keep glory as something valuable, then why must their attacks look anything near as crappy as this? -------> 
or this?

Seriously, GGS, are you TRYING (and failing miserably, I might add) to tool burn us when we're offline, or is this some kind of sick joke? And on another note, I had to make this discussion because I can't add the screenshots into the thread I wanted to put them in. More lousy service, I guess.

Always ready to fight for my friends.

Picture provided by farmerjohn 22 @USA 1 in GoodGame Bigfarm

Comments

• Manatee (US1)Manatee (US1) Posts: 2,711

If they were trying to tool burn you, they would have put at least one troop on the flanks.  What you linked won't affect any of the tools of 90% of offline players.

It's just weak AI coding, that's all.

manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
    My ideal method of suicide: climbing Ultimo's ego and jumping to his IQ
  • If they were trying to tool burn you, they would have put at least one troop on the flanks.  What you linked won't affect any of the tools of 90% of offline players.

Hence why I said trying (and failing) to tool burn, lol. I had 2500 macemen come in on the last FL's, no tools, and they weren't even vets. Just regular old macemen. I don't know who the hell they got these setups from, but those players are absolute morons.

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,051
    That is not even remotely the worst , we get at least 4 worse attacks per event

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • I titled it that in case other players wanted to put their horrible and more than likely worse FL incoming's/defense setups here too. My hope is that GGS will see this and realize we want more of a challenge to these FL's than what Khan's Revenge provides (at least similar, come on!).

• detedudu (INT2)detedudu (INT2) Posts: 352
    edited 11.08.2017
    Since we receive those foreign incomings against our own will i don't think making them more powerful will be ideal unless you make the incoming attacks as an optional part of the event, similar to Khan's revenge. High level players and alliances won't suffer any problems with this, but the lower level 70's and their low level alliances will burn like hell. 
  • Ok, so if according to the last Q+A Video the FL numbers are intentional to keep glory as something valuable, then why must their attacks look anything near as crappy as this? -------> 
    or this?

Seriously, GGS, are you TRYING (and failing miserably, I might add) to tool burn us when we're offline, or is this some kind of sick joke? And on another note, I had to make this discussion because I can't add the screenshots into the thread I wanted to put them in. More lousy service, I guess.
    People say stuff like this every time FLs/BCs come around. I've had some rather weak attacks from FLs on my previous account and on this one. On my previous account (Which was level 70) I got an attack of 300 troops, all center, no tools and crappy commander. They debuffed the FL attacks after all of the weak players started complaining about all of the fires they were getting, etc. etc.

-John
  • Ok, so if according to the last Q+A Video the FL numbers are intentional to keep glory as something valuable, then why must their attacks look anything near as crappy as this? -------> 
    or this?

People say stuff like this every time FLs/BCs come around. I've had some rather weak attacks from FLs on my previous account and on this one. On my previous account (Which was level 70) I got an attack of 300 troops, all center, no tools and crappy commander. They debuffed the FL attacks after all of the weak players started complaining about all of the fires they were getting, etc. etc.

-John
    Kinda like how players are complaining now about to strength of the Khan attacks? Cause there I really find no excuse to be complaining, you don't like the attacks, don't trigger them. I may or may not have complained, and if I did, I was stupid. But at this point, I say let the attacks remain strong. Makes things more interesting. But these weak FL's tend to tool burn, and give nearly no glory whatsoever, which is wasting our armorer tools for no reason. I don't even leave lime powder bombs on the wall now cause I'm afraid that the stupid FL's will waste the whole cache of them, then a strong player attack will come in and I am stuck using garbage. No thanks on that idea, probably the same for everyone else too. Oddly enough, you need good defenses to hold up against the Khan attacks though. I don't mind, like mentioned above, it's more interesting. But now we need the FL's to make the same level of attacks.

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332

My morning FL incoming was almost all KG Sentinels.  1280 total troops, 31 KG Crossbows, 57 Renegade Spear Throwers.  The rest Sentinels. 

At least they have abandoned the farce that they are based on true data from other servers.........

Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• MightyHawklord (GB1)MightyHawklord (GB1) GB1 Posts: 511
    edited 11.08.2017
    i agree, these are supposed to be challenging,

wtf is challenging about it ?

1 - its challenging leaving a setup of weak tools on the wall, you don't know if a real attack is going to hit when offline

2 - its challenging for a chimp with a dead sprout for a brain

maybe, just maybe, if these hits are based on real attacks then it makes sense that if the invaders have weak, 400 defended castles with attackers in then thats all they need, 

a weak castle to hit = we don't need masses of defenders = we send an attack off to a weak castle using bare minimum attackers = a weak attack registered for return to someone = they don't need masses of defenders = they have attackers in to send to weak invaders = a spiralling circle

edit - maybe they think we are chimps, i've just had a ruby offer for hero banners, 50% off
    why on earth would i buy these, surely it makes more sense to show the offers when there are decent things to hit
    Post edited by MightyHawklord (GB1) on
    MightyHawklord @ en 1
    leader of the mighty dragon legion
    non-ruby buying alliance

be afraid,be very afraid
    registered Linux user 476319
    registered machine 408663

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/334430/unfair-practice-from-ggs-support
  • perryl (US1)perryl (US1) US1 Posts: 1,231

If they were trying to tool burn you, they would have put at least one troop on the flanks.  What you linked won't affect any of the tools of 90% of offline players.

Hence why I said trying (and failing) to tool burn, lol. I had 2500 macemen come in on the last FL's, no tools, and they weren't even vets. Just regular old macemen. I don't know who the hell they got these setups from, but those players are absolute morons.
    Come to Australia and I'll show you what macemen can do. 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1. Will be back on UK1 soon. 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018 2020. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 

2020 - Not dead yet.
  • perryl (US1)perryl (US1) US1 Posts: 1,231
    Ok, so if according to the last Q+A Video the FL numbers are intentional to keep glory as something valuable, then why must their attacks look anything near as crappy as this? -------> 
    or this?

-John
    Kinda like how players are complaining now about to strength of the Khan attacks? Cause there I really find no excuse to be complaining, you don't like the attacks, don't trigger them. I may or may not have complained, and if I did, I was stupid. But at this point, I say let the attacks remain strong. Makes things more interesting. But these weak FL's tend to tool burn, and give nearly no glory whatsoever, which is wasting our armorer tools for no reason. I don't even leave lime powder bombs on the wall now cause I'm afraid that the stupid FL's will waste the whole cache of them, then a strong player attack will come in and I am stuck using garbage. No thanks on that idea, probably the same for everyone else too. Oddly enough, you need good defenses to hold up against the Khan attacks though. I don't mind, like mentioned above, it's more interesting. But now we need the FL's to make the same level of attacks.
    The stronger attacks are good, but they should make sense. The Khan should use Nomad troops and they should not be allowed to go overcap on commander stats. They literally just took that away from us, leaving it on for NPCs is a slap in the face. 

If we can't use defensive hall stats against them, they shouldn't be able to use 6 waves of vet horrors against us. 

Make the FL attacks as strong as the Khan attacks, I'm all for it, because I can use my hall against them. 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1. Will be back on UK1 soon. 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018 2020. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 

2020 - Not dead yet.
  • zeus1998 (GB1)zeus1998 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 356
    edited 11.08.2017
    Problem is, Invaders can be crap some times, but  then they can be great other times.

If they become easy all the time, then what is the challenge any more, nomads and sams took players a while to get going into, and were a challenge for a while. Why should we make everything easy.

i admit it can be a pi55 take when your spying and seeing 500 max in all castles, especially when like me this time round you have a massive banner shortage. I had a bad round last time and luckily got it on the final day, so i just grind out and hope it's good enough

EDIT:- only way i see the attacks becoming fair, is to make them proportional to the defence. so take into consideration, the tools, setup style, men, castellan etc. This could easily be overcome if they come or are already online mind you, and support would alter how easy it becomes too
    Post edited by zeus1998 (GB1) on

RECORD NOMADS = 134,291, TOP 40
    RECORD SAMS = 254,189. 4TH PLACE 
    I've been here for around 7 years now, can't wait to celebrate my decade of destruction. 

• I just noticed this, but it prob happened to other people as well

Flank bonuses going into decimals ;) 

Not active ingame anymore  [email protected] (back again) 

[email protected] 

Non-ruby buyer 

[email protected] ResilientEmpire 

Pop me a PM ingame or on forums if you want to join :) 

My loot, first week back: 

• OxO (AU1)OxO (AU1) AU1 Posts: 962
    I just noticed this, but it prob happened to other people as well

Flank bonuses going into decimals ;) 
    That's from the hero, lol. One of our players had a 30.5% CY comm attack come at them aha

• Kiwikiler95 (AU1)Kiwikiler95 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 419
    i also noticed that the flank and front bonuses dont work i had one attacking me the other day that had 28 flank but still only 64 troops per wave on each flank

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file