Home English (UK) News from the world of Empire

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Statement - Reworked castle overview

Hello glorious warriors,

From recent feedback regarding the latest update from Wednesday, August 2, we’d like to provide some additional information regarding the reworked castle overview.

Reworked castle overview

We are aware, that the new castle overview screen is causing a lot of trouble and misunderstanding. Our designer’s intention was to show the player the food consumption for different areas, so you can easily spot where your highest food consumption is. Therefore, the overview does not show the actual food production balance anymore but the base amount of all food consumption within the area. Therefore, it is intended that the number shown there is always negative or zero, if you have no soldiers at all.

There are two downsides you have to consider. The first one is an actual bug, that is going to be fixed soon: Troops on movement are not calculated in their home castle consumption, so whenever you start an attack or you station troops on other players castle, the number shown will be wrong because they still do consume food from their home castle.

The second thing, that may cause irritations, is the fact, that buffs like the bakery are not taken into account in this overview, which means, you don’t see the actual consumption but only the base consumption before applying the bakery buff. So, if you own a bakery, the number shown is higher than your actual consumption for this area.

Last, please take in mind that the reworked castle overview is meant to be a first iteration and we may improve the design with future updates.

Cheers,

Your GGE Team

Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

Comments

• The castle over is an improvement in that you can see all your resources. It is a detriment in that you can no longer see troops and tools in the castles. It's kinda inconvenient to have to visit each castle to see whats there
  • Hanzolo (US1)Hanzolo (US1) US1 Posts: 896
    Why introduce something that doesn't make sense, or give correct numbers?
    #TheDreamLivesOn

Hanzolo @ Canada1

• CBee (US1)CBee (US1) US1 Posts: 211
    so basically, unfortunately we screw up a lot and it doesn't really matter, cause we can do whatever we want to , when we want to, if you have a problem with that, too bad.
    CBee @ usa1

• LadyWolfe (US1)LadyWolfe (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    Visually, the entire overview is chunky, with wasted real estate. With regard to a data overview, there is no improvement in this design. Numbers do not align which make it difficult to skim the columns. The rows are far apart, and affect skimming in the same manner. If this data represents a spreadsheet, then follow good spreadsheet design. Have the numbers right aligned, not center. Design the overview so we do not have to scroll down, since that defeats the purpose of taking in all the data visually at once. The design is a beast... and if I were the designer's art director, it would be going back to his desk for a rework. This, on top of the misleading/missing/incorrect food data production, makes this release of the overview a complete failure.
    LadyWolfe @ usa 1.
    Proud member of MISC: United
    Survivor of 2 Server Wars

• Hanzolo (US1)Hanzolo (US1) US1 Posts: 896
    Id rather have the old one back especially because food data doesn't work.

I also liked old forum layout better.
    #TheDreamLivesOn

Hanzolo @ Canada1

• I happen to like the new overview screen - its not perfect but what you are going for is an improvement over the old one.  Few more tweaks and you'll have it!
  • Willy Tell (US1)Willy Tell (US1) US1 Posts: 113
    it's just another bad rushed update why do it if you can't do it right ?
    SWISSCHEESE48 @ usa 1
  • Death77 (US1)Death77 (US1) US1 Posts: 66
    since sammies dont have tokens i hope nomads will have 1k or be able to buy 2 500 sets i need 1k more to finish the kala well wishing at least
    https://prnt.sc/h1stbr

NOT PART OF ANY WAR

CAME FOR A BEAR HUG AND LEFT

OUTSIDE MY CASTLE WITH A SCYTHE

FIGHTING, PROTECTING MY FAMILY AT ALL COSTS

HIS NAME IS DEATH 

• Reworked castle overview

We are aware, that the new castle overview screen is causing a lot of trouble and misunderstanding. Our designer’s intention was to show the player the food consumption for different areas, so you can easily spot where your highest food consumption is. Therefore, the overview does not show the actual food production balance anymore but the base amount of all food consumption within the area. Therefore, it is intended that the number shown there is always negative or zero, if you have no soldiers at all.

I can't help but wonder have those designers ever played GGE or were they just high when they came up with that bloody idea? LOL

FFS don't you get it, we can easily spot the highest food consumption from the real time status within each castle which actually would be very helpful
     If it says i have -5k in one, while -15k in another don't you think i know where the highest food consumption is? Or you think we're 6yrs old and we can tell that only if we see numbers like 53 555 or  - 175 624 ?

It's not about misunderstanding at all, it's just completely absurd and irrelevant and we didn't get what we needed - actual food consumption balance at glance (bakeries, titles and whatnot included).

It's a shame cos the overview in general looks pretty decent. So instead of giving us some BS explanations  listen to what players are asking for and change it. ASAP, not in a year or two. 

Just add the actual food consumption balance in the first tab in the overview just under the food production. Can't get any simpler than that. 

• Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 847
    The castle over is an improvement in that you can see all your resources. It is a detriment in that you can no longer see troops and tools in the castles. It's kinda inconvenient to have to visit each castle to see whats there
    Do not despair!
    On the left side of the castle overview there are tabs to switch to an overview of troops and tools, and more! ;)
    Wiglema (NL1)
  • OxO (AU1)OxO (AU1) AU1 Posts: 962
    I dont use castle overview so it does not bother me.

However, it bothers me why you put apprentice tokens out from samurai shop before the apprentice blacksmith is removed.
    At least you could keep tokens while there is blacksmith camp, since new samurai and nomad equipment was not introduced in recent update...
    Hi @dax (INT1)

Unfortunately it wouldn't be possible to remove the apprentice tokens from the samurai shop without a downtime, meaning that the decision was made to remove them with the downtime on Wednesday, as it would prevent the need for further downtime.

Cheers,

Angus
    So.. I'm gonna get fucked over buying ice because "better have the downtime now than later on, not like anyone needs these tokens anymore ;)"

?

• dreamtree (US1)dreamtree (US1) US1 Posts: 1,366
    edited 05.08.2017
    I know I barely pay attention to anything but...
    Um, I look forward to the rework showing actual food usage...
    Lv 70 dreamtree @ usa 1! This account is best described as a tree in a large forest...
    @ international 1! @ international 2! @ English 1! Those accounts are retired.
    http://prntscr.com/53jb2i
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://prntscr.com/61r5kl
    500k might points. I know. A lot of people have higher. Wow, now I have have over 700k... 
    http://prntscr.com/ek3c51

http://prntscr.com/gers7n
    Yay! A nice reward!

• Peter John (US1)Peter John (US1) US1 Posts: 837
    Hi @dax (INT1)

Unfortunately it wouldn't be possible to remove the apprentice tokens from the samurai shop without a downtime, meaning that the decision was made to remove them with the downtime on Wednesday, as it would prevent the need for further downtime.

Cheers,

Angus
    Wait, are you saying next samurai event that starts on Aug 6. will not have apprentice token in the shop? That means this only give us 1 more chance in Nomad. This is BS, most of us would have 0 (or at least < 400) token left and waiting for sammy/nomad event to buy 500 then just spend it what we can.

So what's exactly the point to have apprentice blacksmith runs 3 more weeks but in reality we can only do 1 more buy.

And GGS rationale is to avoid further downtime? REALLY???? I'm 100% sure we prefer to have 1 more down time but able to get token from next sammy event. Another proof that GGS just don't give a chit about players.
    Hi @dax (INT1)

Cheers,

Angus
    Wait, are you saying next samurai event that starts on Aug 6. will not have apprentice token in the shop? That means this only give us 1 more chance in Nomad. This is BS, most of us would have 0 (or at least < 400) token left and waiting for sammy/nomad event to buy 500 then just spend it what we can.

So what's exactly the point to have apprentice blacksmith runs 3 more weeks but in reality we can only do 1 more buy.

And GGS rationale is to avoid further downtime? REALLY???? I'm 100% sure we prefer to have 1 more down time but able to get token from next sammy event. Another proof that GGS just don't give a chit about players.

Exactly, this game is screwed.
    No motivation, no new equipment, just same old shit every day.
    Even new things do not last long.

And the greatest change is reworked castle overview, wow.
  • I happen to like the new overview screen - its not perfect but what you are going for is an improvement over the old one.  Few more tweaks and you'll have it!

• I really love the new overview screen showing all my resources. It was a drag to have to go into each castle to see how many kingdom rss  were available.  The currency is handy for finding areas of improvement.  I have always used this screen and this is a super update. It will be nice to see a true representation of our food levels.  

If you don't use it, don't comment.  Thanks GGE!  This is a winner. 
Sign In to comment.