We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: August Update - Feature Teaser

Comments

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,749AU1
    so the update coems on the second of august while we are half way a foreign event. will the new rewards till 2 mil glory points happen during this foreign or will we have the next one? and does it count for bloodcrow as well?
    counts for bloodcrow as well and it will be like that once the new update is out not before not after that , excactly starting then.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • Marji (US1)Marji (US1) Posts: 34US1
    Another theft of enjoyment !!!! 200 Ruby per horse tail  ?????? Really ?????? That's what my 366,000K of ruby coins buys for me . There is nothing given in this update except the work WE  all put into this game. They need to trash the cost of purchasing a ruby since they DECAY over time and don't buy as much as they did a week ago ! I'm almost done with this  mess , used to actually be fun , now they want your retirement acc to play . No more ruby buy  from this player. Will do without. And that reminds me they want 5000 points for DECAYING equipment and com's and casts .Why not give us with coins the equivilent VALUE of rotten ruby for rotten  old EQ AND COM"S AND CASTS !!!!!
    Marji @ usa 1
  • Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) Posts: 560AU1
    I noticed in the update that eventually they are going to start charging again for gem removal..this has never seemed logical to me [much the same as some utilities charge for connecting AND disconnecting!], I could see why you'd pay for a new piece but surely you'd just junk the old piece.. 
    Shares @ au 1
  • detedudu (INT2)detedudu (INT2) Posts: 353
    edited 01.08.2017
    Wait,Wait,Wait,Wait,Wait,Wait, Are you REMOVING the kala cast from the game? Totally? So that only the ruby whales can get them now? Seriously? Or is this teaser referring only to sets like the elementalist and the eagle sets? Because I've busted tail to get those freaking tokens, and was actually going to be using them to get a kala, and now you're threatening to remove them before I can finish it. great. If the set is being removed from monthly's, then those apprentice tokens are worth nothing to me now, may as well have just got the sams cast already. could have had it by now. And besides, why do the sets need removed anyway? They worked fine, both before and after the gem "update" failure. Makes no sense to me. It's like taking the best car your company has made, making a few small tweaks to it so it's used as intended, then no longer making that car. Makes no sense. It's still usable, just not the same way as before.

Please, read the announcements before you start posting in the discussion threads.. What you're saying is absolutely insane
    Only the tokens and the camp is getting removed, all equipment you can purchase from there stays the same as it always been.. This event has been running for a very long time, i completed my kala cast yesterday. You had plenty of time to get your cast completed just like everyone else.
  • kookiekooks (US1)kookiekooks (US1) Posts: 230US1
    edited 01.08.2017
    Wait,Wait,Wait,Wait,Wait,Wait, Are you REMOVING the kala cast from the game? Totally? So that only the ruby whales can get them now? Seriously? Or is this teaser referring only to sets like the elementalist and the eagle sets? Because I've busted tail to get those freaking tokens, and was actually going to be using them to get a kala, and now you're threatening to remove them before I can finish it. great. If the set is being removed from monthly's, then those apprentice tokens are worth nothing to me now, may as well have just got the sams cast already. could have had it by now. And besides, why do the sets need removed anyway? They worked fine, both before and after the gem "update" failure. Makes no sense to me. It's like taking the best car your company has made, making a few small tweaks to it so it's used as intended, then no longer making that car. Makes no sense. It's still usable, just not the same way as before.

First off as indicated they are not removing the equipment from the game, merely closing down the Apprentice Blacksmith and the ability to buy the equipment there.  Second it was always stated the  apprentice blacksmith was a temporary feature and always stated that it would close down on Aug 18th.  

In addition they state they may allow Kala equipment to be purchased in the future. No indication of cost is given, therefore how can you decide it is solely for Ruby Whales.  Read what they state not what you think negatively or what others that read one word and assume the worse state.  
    kookiekooks @ usa 1
  • dax (INT1)dax (INT1) Posts: 28
    edited 02.08.2017
    Post edited by dax (INT1) on
  • Wait,Wait,Wait,Wait,Wait,Wait, Are you REMOVING the kala cast from the game? Totally? So that only the ruby whales can get them now? Seriously? Or is this teaser referring only to sets like the elementalist and the eagle sets? Because I've busted tail to get those freaking tokens, and was actually going to be using them to get a kala, and now you're threatening to remove them before I can finish it. great. If the set is being removed from monthly's, then those apprentice tokens are worth nothing to me now, may as well have just got the sams cast already. could have had it by now. And besides, why do the sets need removed anyway? They worked fine, both before and after the gem "update" failure. Makes no sense to me. It's like taking the best car your company has made, making a few small tweaks to it so it's used as intended, then no longer making that car. Makes no sense. It's still usable, just not the same way as before.

First off as indicated they are not removing the equipment from the game, merely closing down the Apprentice Blacksmith and the ability to buy the equipment there.  Second it was always stated the  apprentice blacksmith was a temporary feature and always stated that it would close down on Aug 18th.  

In addition they state they may allow Kala equipment to be purchased in the future. No indication of cost is given, therefore how can you decide it is solely for Ruby Whales.  Read what they state not what you think negatively or what others that read one word and assume the worse state.  
    Thanks for clarifying, but tell that to the three people in my alliance a few days ago when they started suggesting that Kala would be pulled from the game due to the gem update. And there has yet to be an official confirmation or denial of that statement that is 100% sure, so I kinda went with what was obviously misinformation. And as for the equipment trader, name me one package in that tent that DOESN'T require rubies. Cause all I see are ruby packages, and let's be honest here. As old as the trader is, how likely is it that GGS will hand out the Kala for cheap/free when there are level 8 gems in the shop costing 79K rubies for one gem. A whole unique set with 4 equipment items, 4 gems, and a hero are not likely to be cheaper than the one gem alone is.And I'm also going based on what these sets used to cost to buy (9 piece sets in general, not just Kala), so if I'm wrong in the end, then I'm wrong. I'll admit it, too. I'm just going on past experience from since 2012 as to how this game has progressed in in game purchases, nothing more. (a little optimism may not hurt though, so here's hoping)

Always ready to fight for my friends.

Picture provided by farmerjohn 22 @USA 1 in GoodGame Bigfarm
  • Well time to get some things straight,  First off attacking the foreigners I can use 130 tools per wave, so if I use 6 waves that is 760 tools not 900.  That is a big difference.  
    Upgrade Hall to 550 and add 10 tools to each flank. 50+50+50=150;

150 x 6=900

The Gentleman @ WWW 1
  • Lucas1999 (NL1)Lucas1999 (NL1) Posts: 474
    edited 02.08.2017

Sorry for this probably dumb  question, but does anyone know what the update is going to take place? Then i can send my support out at that time for any foreigner that might come during the downtime.

Edit: Thanks Ang :-) for telling us in the announcement. (For anyone without google or something BST is Britisch Summer Time apartently which, so 12:00 BST is 13:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time)

Hello everyone!

Good to see you. I'm Lucas from the dutch server (NL1) and i play in an amazing Alliance called Two Towers. I really enjoy playing the game. If you want to make contact with me leave a message here or if you are from the dutch server message me there!

Kind regards Lucas1999

• What's the point of displaying food consumption per hour without taking into account the bakery bonus and production?

A much better stat would be the time left you have until starvation and how much you're actually consuming or producing.
    Exactly what I was about to write. 

100% pointless as it is now, again u have to enter each castle manually to check the real food consumption.

What players need and want to know the moment they open food overview per castle is HOW LONG UNTIL THEY RUN OUT OF FOOD IN EACH CASTLE! 
  • From what I can see the research tower is not working.
    kookiekooks @ usa 1
  • mnight (US1)mnight (US1) Posts: 1,424US1
    edited 02.08.2017
    The new overview looks like a child or a shitty accountant made it, certainly not designed by anyone with graphics ability.

Not to mention that the food consumption is actually wrong.  It only shows the consumption of the troops sitting the castle at present. It does NOT show the troops that eat from someones main that are stationed, in their KT (or stationed in someones) or troops in rvs....  #useless

It also doesn't seem to take into acct bakery etc (as stated above by someone else also). Sooooo what's the point? Its pretty useless if it isn't accurate, and its not by any means. We would rather have something that said how much time we had left such as "4 hours left of food", and idk how bout it ACTUALLY take into account how many troops you have feeding from the castles... not just the ones sitting in it at the time. THAT would be useful to have in one place.

Is it B team day again at GGE? 
    Post edited by mnight (US1) on
    "Mark Night 5ever Crew"
    "Misc Ginger Sloot Crew"
    "Property of MoP Crew"
    "Sold to TM Crew"
    "Signs off when NTJeffery messages Crew"
    "Uggs and Ipads Crew"
    "Ersihoe Crew"
    "Bishes do love winkies Crew"
    "Stays back from edge of train platform because I distrust all other humans crew"
  • Peter John (US1)Peter John (US1) Posts: 835US1
    edited 02.08.2017
    What's the point of displaying food consumption per hour without taking into account the bakery bonus and production?

A much better stat would be the time left you have until starvation and how much you're actually consuming or producing.
    The point is the GGE developers are morons. Inb4 get flags.

The new overview looks like a child or a shitty accountant made it, certainly not designed by anyone with graphics ability.
    Is it B team day again at GGE? 
    Please don't be insulting to a child or a shitty accountant by comparing them to GGE developer. And it's an M team day as usual.

• new rub commander/castellan set - unavailable still (if you don't have enough rubies to buy WHOLE et t once?)
    Bubik @ WWW 1
  • Mr.assassin2 (US1)Mr.assassin2 (US1) Posts: 1,654
    edited 03.08.2017
    Sounds interesting...but GGS should fix the bugs with the overview.

Founder of Camelot Beasts.

•  Crap update to the OverView, looks terrible, is not well thought out. Whom ever created the concept and design obviously doesn't play the game or know how to create attractive graphics or make them function properly. 

2 thumps down.  :/
  • While the new overview is definitely much better than what we had before, it could use some tweaking. The food thing is a problem, as mentioned by others, and it also doesn't really fit with the general aesthetic of the game and doesn't look that good. That's something I noticed with the recent commander stat readout update as well. Overall good though.
  • I wonder whether the promise made in this piece of text has anything to do with the gift peddler?

In the text of the teaser there is mentioned that higher players can now thank people or something like that. So is that the boosting that has been talked about?

If it is true you should clear that up, and another few things. What is meant with 'every type of player'? How unlimited are the resources that the low and mid levels can give and how does that work at all? Also, how does that maxing out works? Lastly I would like to know if it's already known how much (in rubies?, in coins? wood? stone? kingdom resources?) it's going to cost, a package?

I know, many questions, but this text is not the clearest I've seen.

I still don't really understand what has been changed. I opend the gift peddler today and saw that there are still the same packages for the same prices (rubies). So what has been changed then? I know the awnser on the 'every type of player' questions (that it is in fact not every type) and I heard that resources do still cost rubies for the low-levels so that's awnsered too. I know the prices are in rubies, but all of these questions that have been awnsered do make it seem like nothing has changed at all.

So i would like to know if that is the case or not.

Hello everyone!

Good to see you. I'm Lucas from the dutch server (NL1) and i play in an amazing Alliance called Two Towers. I really enjoy playing the game. If you want to make contact with me leave a message here or if you are from the dutch server message me there!

Kind regards Lucas1999

Sign In to comment.