Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

alliance khan points breakdown

2»

Comments

• zeus1998 (GB1)zeus1998 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 356
    I think that showing the players' rank in the event alliance-wise would be a much fairer way to go
    searching for alliance members in invaders or crows is a faff, but at least we could do it.

if you want the leader to be the player to solely see it, perhaps he could allow certain generals ranks to be able to see them too if he chooses too. If he doesn't could un-tick the authority box.
    This doesn't really address any of my concerns above, if it's only for the alliance leadership to look at then its only real purpose is to base requirements on.

GGS is closed until Monday, I can tell them about the idea but I'm not holding my breath and if I were you guys I wouldn't be either.
    Okay, thanks for passing it on though.

searching for alliance members in invaders or crows is a faff, but at least we could do it.

if you want the leader to be the player to solely see it, perhaps he could allow certain generals ranks to be able to see them too if he chooses too. If he doesn't could un-tick the authority box.
    Like @BM_Friedrich said, that wouldn't really solve the recruitment problem. Anyway, as a member in an alliance I don't think I would be very happy with this.
    the recruitment issue could be here now, all they need is a screenshot requirement of individuals. Rather than an alliance only being able to see the other members scores.

other alliances couldn't see the figures, and they may well start asking for requirements....but it would be no different to know as they would still need a scrnshot

RECORD NOMADS = 134,291, TOP 40
    RECORD SAMS = 254,189. 4TH PLACE 
    I've been here for around 7 years now, can't wait to celebrate my decade of destruction. 

• Defectus (US1)Defectus (US1) US1 Posts: 1,199
    hge (US1) said:
    I think that showing the players' rank in the event alliance-wise would be a much fairer way to go

This doesn't really address any of my concerns above, if it's only for the alliance leadership to look at then its only real purpose is to base requirements on.

GGS is closed until Monday, I can tell them about the idea but I'm not holding my breath and if I were you guys I wouldn't be either.
    Okay, thanks for passing it on though.

Like @BM_Friedrich said, that wouldn't really solve the recruitment problem. Anyway, as a member in an alliance I don't think I would be very happy with this.
    As an officer in an alliance, this would be great as a way to decide who got to stay when an alliance made a run for top 20 or something.  Then there could be a bar, like for storm. Say only people above 15k tokens can come in, everyone below is out.  Something like that.
    Exactly. Sure, maybe it would slightly raise the bar for membership, but it would help alliances a lot. Also, if an alliance isn't happy with how you're doing in events and you aren't comfortable enough to explain that you're more of a PvP player (or they don't care) then that alliance probably isn't meant for you.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

I don't play this game anymore.
    it can also be an indicator of those who may struggle to hit them properly and so you could help them out then

I've been here for around 7 years now, can't wait to celebrate my decade of destruction. 

• David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 29.07.2017
    Having a way of knowing who is more qualified for top 20 though might result in more players being kicked out of an alliance who fail to meet a requirement for reaching a certain amount of required points made from the leader by being replaced by a stronger and much more active player. An alliance does not necessarily have to get top 20 every time either. Sometimes I just want to take a break from this game, because it would seem like I sometimes spend way too much time on it. Also, the alliance looting bonus chart for weeklies should not be completely removed or replaced either.
    David Noble @ usa 1
    Having a way of knowing who is more qualified for top 20 though might result in more players being kicked out of an alliance who fail to meet a requirement for reaching a certain amount of required points made from the leader by being replaced by a stronger and much more active player. An alliance does not necessarily have to get top 20 every time either. Sometimes I just want to take a break from this game, because it would seem like I sometimes spend way too much time on it. Also, the alliance looting bonus chart for weeklies should not be completely removed or replaced either.
    This is true, but breaks are understandable and don't necessarily result in kicks if you tell leadership.

Overall though, it sounds like there are just too many disadvantages. Would be cool to have but would also result in more kicks and overall more unrest within alliances. It is healthy for even the best alliances to have a few players that are a little weaker than most because it evens out the power, just like there are some very powerful players in lower ranked alliances. If there aren't many players in each alliance who are a fair bit weaker than others it means that the best players are concentrated, and that isn't good for the entire server when power is too concentrated.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

• Manatee (US1)Manatee (US1) Posts: 2,711
    I like that some events don't show the rankings.  Even within the alliance only.  It's just a personal preference because I don't like people knowing how far ahead of them I am... might make a competitor hesitant to kick it into high gear.  

Whether some alliances will use nomad rankings for membership requirements isn't a factor for me though.  There will be some who use rankings for membership requirements and some who won't.  It's up to the player to decide which alliance is right for them.  And it's up to the alliance to decide if that's the right type of metric for them.  I myself have flirted with both sides of that debate.

More than anything, I'd love to see this game peel back the 5,000% increase in event-focused play we've seen over the past few years, and get some semblance of pvp back in what used to be a pvp game. 
    manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
    My ideal method of suicide: climbing Ultimo's ego and jumping to his IQ
  • dipster (GB1)dipster (GB1) GB1 Posts: 73

This idea would be self defeatist and will work against your alliance and the members.

Not ALL players take full part in ALL events and that's why Alliances get it SOOOO wrong.

A Player could get a high rank in many events and the one you care to check up on and they could not put as much time into because of real life reasons gets them booted out of the alliance.

You sound like a top alliance Boss who expects to win every event there is and replace anyone for some else that may be getting a few more points.  But rest assured that replacement will take a rest from a future event themselves then you might wish to have kept the one you booted whos now doing the biz for your competitor.

Mid ranged to top alliances should enquire and rally their members to try and win specific events coming up rather than just blindly expecting mindless excellence ALL THE TIME.  That works in Storm - try it in Noms or Sams. 

dipster @ en 1
    im not at all like that.

im the war marshall of dragon legion. 

i understand players have periods away, and with the looting figs i take right now i take those into consideration.#

search for me if u plz

• hge (US1)hge (US1) Posts: 986

This idea would be self defeatist and will work against your alliance and the members.

Not ALL players take full part in ALL events and that's why Alliances get it SOOOO wrong.

A Player could get a high rank in many events and the one you care to check up on and they could not put as much time into because of real life reasons gets them booted out of the alliance.

You sound like a top alliance Boss who expects to win every event there is and replace anyone for some else that may be getting a few more points.  But rest assured that replacement will take a rest from a future event themselves then you might wish to have kept the one you booted whos now doing the biz for your competitor.

Mid ranged to top alliances should enquire and rally their members to try and win specific events coming up rather than just blindly expecting mindless excellence ALL THE TIME.  That works in Storm - try it in Noms or Sams. 

Ok, lets do this in order.
    1st Paragraph:  Not really
    2nd Paragraph:  Actually, the vast majority of good players do every event.  Unless there is a war, the good players I know do 99% of the events that come through.
    3rd Paragraph: Any leader worth their salt would average things out over 2-3 events. And if there is something going on IRL, then the player needs to have informed leadership. If they did not inform them, then they are not a good player to have. Remember, this is WITHIN the alliance only, people can't see the score of someone not in their alliance.
    4th Paragraph: I'm a WM in Joyeuse. Make your own conclusions on what is a top alliance, we are about rank 50 when we don't have people out visiting.  You also don't understand what we mean by replace.  We are referring to moving sub-par players to sub alliances for the duration of the event, and bringing in better players from other alliances to help us score higher.  After the event is over, our people come back from the sub alliances, and the people we brought in go back to their alliances.
    5th Paragraph: We don't expect mindless excellence all the time. We expect players to haul their own weight and be effective.  What works in Storm is running around finding who has the highest scores and moving them to your alliance.  Most alliances that place high in storm have a ton of people not native to that alliance helping them at the end.  Doing that in Nomads or Sams would involve contacting allied alliances, informing them of the intention to host for a run for top 20 or whatever. Then they contact all their members, people who are interested would PM back to the leader. As it is, you just hope that the people that want to come are actually good at nomads or sams, and they aren't just dead weight. With this update, the alliance hosting could set a minimum average score, and the leader of the allied alliance could make sure that all the people from his alliance met that requirement.  (assuming they kept a record for each member that determined their average score). This would create a much more streamlined system to use when setting up for something like that. 

So overall, you need to know what you are talking about before commenting like this.  It doesn't seem that you do.

HGE
    I am a non-ruby buying Level 70, Legend 100-something-but-I-am-to-lazy-to-update-this-every-time-I-level-up

"He was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy; his eyes were bright and clean, and his voice like music; on his brow set wisdom, and in his hand was strength."

He firecasted.
    His alliance supported.

Most alliance leaders aren't this crazy. Obviously, every single player in GGE has a life away from this game. But if you are an intelligent player and have worthy leadership, you inform your alliance when you're going to be away and they understand. I can really only think of 2 alliances that consistently earn the first place prize (that would be my version of "mindless excellence") and even those alliances would allow for breaks. You know what you're signing up for when you join an alliance, and if you don't like it, you quit or get kicked. But very few alliances expect "mindless excellence" every single event.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

• Anyone else think it would be a good idea to be able to see just your alliances points broken down to individual players scores? It would definitely please and aid me in what i want to do which is monitor who hits khan camps and who doesn't.

Could help keep an eye on those who don't pull their weight or those who may need help with them
    I guess to those who put demands on their people it might matter but we don't. This would just be clutter to us. We don't have demands nor do we care about these things.
    It seems some mod with a Napoleon Complex likes deleting people's signatures. Get a life. I called you on your BS and you single me out. Again. Get a life.

Not buying a single ruby. Not feeding the gluttonous pig known as GGE. You have lost our trust!
  • hge (US1)hge (US1) Posts: 986
    Anyone else think it would be a good idea to be able to see just your alliances points broken down to individual players scores? It would definitely please and aid me in what i want to do which is monitor who hits khan camps and who doesn't.

Could help keep an eye on those who don't pull their weight or those who may need help with them
    I guess to those who put demands on their people it might matter but we don't. This would just be clutter to us. We don't have demands nor do we care about these things.
    Alliances that plan to be strong, cohesive, and lethal do care. So pretty much 99% of the top 200 alliances would probably love this.
    HGE
    I am a non-ruby buying Level 70, Legend 100-something-but-I-am-to-lazy-to-update-this-every-time-I-level-up

"He was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy; his eyes were bright and clean, and his voice like music; on his brow set wisdom, and in his hand was strength."

He firecasted.
    His alliance supported.

• hge (US1) said:
    Anyone else think it would be a good idea to be able to see just your alliances points broken down to individual players scores? It would definitely please and aid me in what i want to do which is monitor who hits khan camps and who doesn't.

Alliances that plan to be strong, cohesive, and lethal do care. So pretty much 99% of the top 200 alliances would probably love this.
    I understand that. I wouldn't mind it if I could toggle it off. We would be the 1% if we were in the top 200. Our game wouldn't change :)
    It seems some mod with a Napoleon Complex likes deleting people's signatures. Get a life. I called you on your BS and you single me out. Again. Get a life.

Not buying a single ruby. Not feeding the gluttonous pig known as GGE. You have lost our trust!
    hge (US1) said:

I understand that. I wouldn't mind it if I could toggle it off. We would be the 1% if we were in the top 200. Our game wouldn't change :)
    Each alliance works a different way, but for the alliances that would like this kind of thing it would be very helpful. It doesn't seem like it would be important to toggle on and off because you could choose to just not open the window.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

Each alliance works a different way, but for the alliances that would like this kind of thing it would be very helpful. It doesn't seem like it would be important to toggle on and off because you could choose to just not open the window.
    If it is a separate page./ window and not crammed into some existing whatever. There's plenty I ignore now on separate pages. I wouldn't want this added to the first members page.

• paulyte (GB1)paulyte (GB1) GB1 Posts: 69
    FC/BC rankings can already be seen via their tents, and I think the point of nomads/samurai is that you don't know who has how many points, making it harder to know if you will keep your positions and/or who is holding positions above or below you.

Funny how the game changes 🙃

P.S. Sorry to scavenge through old messages, but had to do something while armies are looting 😜
    ++ Proud member of an honest and genuine alliance, YOUNG UPRISING! ++

☨ A renown Teutonic knight of old ☨
    Beware all those who challenge the virtues of the mighty Teutonic Empire

"Helfen - Wehren - Heilen " Help - Defend - Heal" 
  • Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,232
    I don't understand why it's hidden, especially after a certain event shows them lol. 

Plus it's a smart business move, more competition and more spending. 
    Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file