Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Game Playing Blues

This game has become all about the server greed. No wonder the sever can't keep active players. It's pathetic! Now, you even took the pennies out of most of the events, attack troops for alliance members in most events. Went from bad to worse. If this is all it's going to be it's not worth playing anymore. You have taking most of the fun out. The gifts come once in a blue moon, and the auto troop placement when your off-line, kills off all your troops for lack of food, placing the ruby troops in the hosp. looking for that next sale. It's all about sales. The Goodgame is becoming invalid.

Comments

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,063
    This game has become all about the server greed. No wonder the sever can't keep active players. It's pathetic! Now, you even took the pennies out of most of the events, attack troops for alliance members in most events. Went from bad to worse. If this is all it's going to be it's not worth playing anymore. You have taking most of the fun out. The gifts come once in a blue moon, and the auto troop placement when your off-line, kills off all your troops for lack of food, placing the ruby troops in the hosp. looking for that next sale. It's all about sales. The Goodgame is becoming invalid.
    1)They are reworking the wishing well not deleting it.
    2)Gifts come when mass compensation mass reward is earned so that is not that often lol
    3)If you are unable to look at how many you will recruit over night and how much that will change your negative that is your god damn fault for not being able to manage that not theirs.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • This game has become all about the server greed. No wonder the sever can't keep active players. It's pathetic! Now, you even took the pennies out of most of the events, attack troops for alliance members in most events. Went from bad to worse. If this is all it's going to be it's not worth playing anymore. You have taking most of the fun out. The gifts come once in a blue moon, and the auto troop placement when your off-line, kills off all your troops for lack of food, placing the ruby troops in the hosp. looking for that next sale. It's all about sales. The Goodgame is becoming invalid.
    But surely you got your participation trophy, right?
    It seems some mod with a Napoleon Complex likes deleting people's signatures. Get a life. I called you on your BS and you single me out. Again. Get a life.

Not buying a single ruby. Not feeding the gluttonous pig known as GGE. You have lost our trust!
  • This game has become all about the server greed. No wonder the sever can't keep active players. It's pathetic! Now, you even took the pennies out of most of the events, attack troops for alliance members in most events. Went from bad to worse. If this is all it's going to be it's not worth playing anymore. You have taking most of the fun out. The gifts come once in a blue moon, and the auto troop placement when your off-line, kills off all your troops for lack of food, placing the ruby troops in the hosp. looking for that next sale. It's all about sales. The Goodgame is becoming invalid.
    2)Gifts come when mass compensation mass reward is earned so that is not that often lol
    3)If you are unable to look at how many you will recruit over night and how much that will change your negative that is your god damn fault for not being able to manage that not theirs.
    small doubts
    1) after removing pennies what is the use of wishing well?, do player need to send there troops to make suicide in offline when they get lack of food
    2) gifts and compensation is good,but worse thing is they will only be dropped in MC and it takes damn time to shift them to far ops
    3) i always 24/7 will keep mine castles in recruitment and most of the times i will have -8k per hour(minimum) and noticed when i had full storage of food, then if the free troops come not getting the food and when i had 70k-75k food then if troops comes means mine storage will be filled, so as GGE stats they should even add the free troops food to storage even the storage is full
    Bobi124Player @ WWW 1
    small doubts
    1) after removing pennies what is the use of wishing well?, do player need to send there troops to make suicide in offline when they get lack of food
    2) gifts and compensation is good,but worse thing is they will only be dropped in MC and it takes damn time to shift them to far ops
    3) i always 24/7 will keep mine castles in recruitment and most of the times i will have -8k per hour(minimum) and noticed when i had full storage of food, then if the free troops come not getting the food and when i had 70k-75k food then if troops comes means mine storage will be filled, so as GGE stats they should even add the free troops food to storage even the storage is full
    1)For now to use the pennies that are still left I know people with 300+ pennies left , and you can easily farm over 4k+ from towers and forts
    2)Then your op's are pretty far away with my speed comm it only takes me 15:37 to shift mantlets (speed 15) to my furthest op from my main, that is your problem, not a general problem
    3)That is why you look at event rewards when sorting food as well , I thought it was common knowledge to check that lol

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
    small doubts
    1)For now to use the pennies that are still left I know people with 300+ pennies left , and you can easily farm over 4k+ from towers and forts
    2)Then your op's are pretty far away with my speed comm it only takes me 15:37 to shift mantlets (speed 15) to my furthest op from my main, that is your problem, not a general problem
    3)That is why you look at event rewards when sorting food as well , I thought it was common knowledge to check that lol
    1) much of the players are ready to finish there stored pennies, but they are waiting for further update
    1 pennie=only 10 horse tails really a big distgusting thing i.e., they selling 10 horsetails for 2k rubies in other hand it needed only 60 khan tablets to buy 10 horsetails, and i think players will use all there pennies if they get rubies back as compensation for upgrading wishing well
    2) not only mine lot of players who located near to kingdom towers, metros and capitals also have lot of distance between there ops and mc, so it also needed to be taken as general problem and they need to ask where to deploy free troops like they asking for deco
    3) i am not talking about troop loss, i am asking why they don't give/add extra food what they promised to give with free troops when players storage is full
    Bobi124Player @ WWW 1
  • You can still use your stored pennies on the wishing well. I was able to.
    It seems some mod with a Napoleon Complex likes deleting people's signatures. Get a life. I called you on your BS and you single me out. Again. Get a life.

Not buying a single ruby. Not feeding the gluttonous pig known as GGE. You have lost our trust!
  • Diavolo (US1)Diavolo (US1) US1 Posts: 655
    They didn't remove pennies from "most" of the events, but all events. They aren't giving pennies away right now.

The wishing well is being left to allow people who have lots of pennies to continue trading them in.
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • SteelSlayer (US1)SteelSlayer (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    They didn't remove pennies from "most" of the events, but all events. They aren't giving pennies away right now.

The wishing well is being left to allow people who have lots of pennies to continue trading them in.
    If the well is only there for that reason, why don't they refund the rubies once you reach 0 pennies left? Makes sense to me to do that.

If the well is only there for that reason, why don't they refund the rubies once you reach 0 pennies left? Makes sense to me to do that.
    cause it will have a use again in the future.

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • That sounds like the ruby DECAY at fountain . I haven't used mine yet they have decayed. 336,000 K of them !
    And am given disposable junk in trade . REALLY ???????
    THe DECAY is the ppl building this game. They have a case of greed like I've never seen before. Why not trade them For the decaying Com's  , Casts  and eq that I'm sure will DECAY  soon too. 
    Marji @ usa 1
    Marji @ usa 1
  • Diavolo (US1)Diavolo (US1) US1 Posts: 655

I don't know. Maybe they will give out lucky pennies as special prizes some time in the future.

But . . . now I think we know why certain events are no longer around and why some took forver to be re-released. They gave away lucky coins as prizes: green beri, the AT.
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • If the well is only there for that reason, why don't they refund the rubies once you reach 0 pennies left? Makes sense to me to do that.
    You can't use and abuse her and expect to get full price back. 
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    They are taking lucky pennies from the game, and thus making any investment into the fountain redundant, because less people are buying rubies.

Someone somewhere up in the upper echelons of GGS thinks that they are giving away too many rubies and thats the reason people are not buying anymore.  And that the giving away of rubies is causing the decay in the underlying value of rubies, ie the more they give away free the less the ruby is worth to people so the less they are prepared to pay for it.

There is some truth to that logic, however the impact that actually makes on the underlying value of the ruby is miniscule.

The reality is they got way way too greedy, and very very stupid.

1) they sell to different players at different prices, meaning that is the reason the underlying value of the ruby is going down, once you know there is a very real possibilty that the guy above you in the event you are playing is paying 5 times less than you for his booster, for his chests, for his casts / comms etc etc.  For his troops for everything.  Then it stands to reason that the amount you are prepared to pay for such items are going to decrease, its a natural reaction.

2) the way the loyalty bonus system works tries to incentivise players that have not bought for a while to buy, by heavily discounting rubies.  Ie the less frequently you buy the cheaper you get the rubies for.  This may work to incentivise the odd player who thinks nah i am not spending then all of a sudden gets a 200% offer flash up and they think, you know what thats not a bad offer I will buy that.  The problem comes with your relativly frequent buyers the buyers who when they have some free time think right i will buy an offer and play hard for the next few hours.  Yet they know full well that if they buy now they will not get a cheaper offer again for while, so they do not buy becasue of the loyalty system, as they know it will cost them more to buy now, even though they want to.  Thats the insanity of the so called loyalty system, whoever heard of a loyalty system where you get rewarded for buying less frequently???  Yet GGS believes its some stroke of genius.  

3) GGS has systematically decreased the incentives you get to buy rubies, ie I am sure you have all noticed the offers you get now are totally crap compared to the offers you used to get a year or so ago.  So very very rarely am i sat in from of my screen when an offer flashes up that i think you know what thats decent value for money I will chuck £50 or £100 etc at that.  And if i do i will probably think to myself you know what I dont have a personal offer I will wait another couple of weeks till i get one.  So the opportunity for GGS to make money is gone again.

4) GGS has recently had a habit of making stuff useless that players paid for in rubies, be it Gems, be it the penny fountain.  and its answer is tough, its our game u dont like it dont play we will change what we want when we want to.  The reality is when this happens players lose confidence in GGS, they might think ooh thats a decent offer ooh and I have a decent loyalty bonus, and I just got a £500 bonus from work.  Should i buy some rubies so i can get that new cast i had my eye on for a bit?   Then they think,  Nah if i do GGE might make that cast reducndant next week, making my purchase pointless and I will have wasted £500.  So even if they get the pricing right, the offer right, the bonus level right, the hit the players perfectly just as he has excess cash to burn, even if there is something shiny in game the player really wants, if he doesnt trust the comapny selling it to sell him.  If he doesnt trust they wont sell him down the river next week leaving him with something worthless, then he is gonna keep his money is his pocket.

The reason why people are not buying rubies as much any more.  Is self inflicted. And pretty easy to fix.  But Greed and arrogance is preventing them from seeing whats right in front of their face.

1) Stop shafting your players and if you do make sure you properly refund their loss,  to regain trust and confidence, so players are not worried if they spend now will it be worthless tomorrow, becasue as long as they are worried it will stop them from spending.

2) Stop selling at different prices to diff players on a single server.  all it will do is push the price they willing to pay to the lowest price available and this is what is devaluing the ruby, not the odd penny!!!

3) Rethink your stratergy on Personal offers, I am not saying get rid of them, what i am saying is offer them much much more frequently, Allow players to "collect" bonus's so they can use them when they want like the ruby doubler.  Trust me the criteria for buying right now is i need a decent personal AND I need a decent chest offer.   If thats what people want before they buy then ensure they have that on offer much more frequently and they might just buy much more frequently.

4) Offer decent chests again, I know you offered a decent one the other day, and i bet a few people bought it, but 90% of the offers are horrible and are no incentive to buy any more.  Offer people what they want and you might find they start to buy again.

Philt123 @ en 1
  • They are taking lucky pennies from the game, and thus making any investment into the fountain redundant, because less people are buying rubies.

Someone somewhere up in the upper echelons of GGS thinks that they are giving away too many rubies and thats the reason people are not buying anymore.  And that the giving away of rubies is causing the decay in the underlying value of rubies, ie the more they give away free the less the ruby is worth to people so the less they are prepared to pay for it.

There is some truth to that logic, however the impact that actually makes on the underlying value of the ruby is miniscule.

The reality is they got way way too greedy, and very very stupid.

1) they sell to different players at different prices, meaning that is the reason the underlying value of the ruby is going down, once you know there is a very real possibilty that the guy above you in the event you are playing is paying 5 times less than you for his booster, for his chests, for his casts / comms etc etc.  For his troops for everything.  Then it stands to reason that the amount you are prepared to pay for such items are going to decrease, its a natural reaction.

2) the way the loyalty bonus system works tries to incentivise players that have not bought for a while to buy, by heavily discounting rubies.  Ie the less frequently you buy the cheaper you get the rubies for.  This may work to incentivise the odd player who thinks nah i am not spending then all of a sudden gets a 200% offer flash up and they think, you know what thats not a bad offer I will buy that.  The problem comes with your relativly frequent buyers the buyers who when they have some free time think right i will buy an offer and play hard for the next few hours.  Yet they know full well that if they buy now they will not get a cheaper offer again for while, so they do not buy becasue of the loyalty system, as they know it will cost them more to buy now, even though they want to.  Thats the insanity of the so called loyalty system, whoever heard of a loyalty system where you get rewarded for buying less frequently???  Yet GGS believes its some stroke of genius.  

3) GGS has systematically decreased the incentives you get to buy rubies, ie I am sure you have all noticed the offers you get now are totally crap compared to the offers you used to get a year or so ago.  So very very rarely am i sat in from of my screen when an offer flashes up that i think you know what thats decent value for money I will chuck £50 or £100 etc at that.  And if i do i will probably think to myself you know what I dont have a personal offer I will wait another couple of weeks till i get one.  So the opportunity for GGS to make money is gone again.

4) GGS has recently had a habit of making stuff useless that players paid for in rubies, be it Gems, be it the penny fountain.  and its answer is tough, its our game u dont like it dont play we will change what we want when we want to.  The reality is when this happens players lose confidence in GGS, they might think ooh thats a decent offer ooh and I have a decent loyalty bonus, and I just got a £500 bonus from work.  Should i buy some rubies so i can get that new cast i had my eye on for a bit?   Then they think,  Nah if i do GGE might make that cast reducndant next week, making my purchase pointless and I will have wasted £500.  So even if they get the pricing right, the offer right, the bonus level right, the hit the players perfectly just as he has excess cash to burn, even if there is something shiny in game the player really wants, if he doesnt trust the comapny selling it to sell him.  If he doesnt trust they wont sell him down the river next week leaving him with something worthless, then he is gonna keep his money is his pocket.

The reason why people are not buying rubies as much any more.  Is self inflicted. And pretty easy to fix.  But Greed and arrogance is preventing them from seeing whats right in front of their face.

1) Stop shafting your players and if you do make sure you properly refund their loss,  to regain trust and confidence, so players are not worried if they spend now will it be worthless tomorrow, becasue as long as they are worried it will stop them from spending.

2) Stop selling at different prices to diff players on a single server.  all it will do is push the price they willing to pay to the lowest price available and this is what is devaluing the ruby, not the odd penny!!!

3) Rethink your stratergy on Personal offers, I am not saying get rid of them, what i am saying is offer them much much more frequently, Allow players to "collect" bonus's so they can use them when they want like the ruby doubler.  Trust me the criteria for buying right now is i need a decent personal AND I need a decent chest offer.   If thats what people want before they buy then ensure they have that on offer much more frequently and they might just buy much more frequently.

4) Offer decent chests again, I know you offered a decent one the other day, and i bet a few people bought it, but 90% of the offers are horrible and are no incentive to buy any more.  Offer people what they want and you might find they start to buy again.

You are correct. Well said. That would cause many to rethink buying. There are some of us that won't be buying anymore because we don't trust GGS to turn around and stick it to us again. Fool me once, shame on you .. fool me twice, shame on me. 

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    You are correct. Well said. That would cause many to rethink buying. There are some of us that won't be buying anymore because we don't trust GGS to turn around and stick it to us again. Fool me once, shame on you .. fool me twice, shame on me. 

But, the problem is, GGS knows that P.T. Barnum was correct:

"There is a sucker born every minute."

Oh, and BTW, Barnum Never Did Say "There's a Sucker Born Every Minute" R. J. Brown asserts that it actually originated with a banker named David Hannum talking ABOUT one of Barnum's hoaxes.....  (Or did he and only a sucker would believe THIS????)

Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

All they did was make it harder again. Remember when this game wasnt all getting showered with gifts? No? Too bad, guess it doesn't fit your playstyle. If you would work for your rewards you would feel much better about it. i for one dont rely one bit on the rewards because i know they dont help me in the long run. Im top 100 glory off of coin troops. Back in the day all you could do to survive was be active, now you only need an alliance where everyone does 1/65th of the work and bam ur done.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file