Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Nations Cup: Discussion Thread

Comments

• Diavolo (US1)Diavolo (US1) US1 Posts: 655
    It's nice that you're trying to foster server vs server competition. However, no one is going to notice unless you make leadership boards available in game, so that it's easy to check.

Also, the servers themselves are unbalanced. Germany will always take first place because there's more heavily invested players there. So . . . why should a lower ranked server bother with this?
    Did you check last time sometimes Germany was not even top 3 , why? because while there are a lot of big buyers there are also thousands of farm accounts , alts and just genuinely bad players pulling then down and us has the same issue , meaning if it goes like last time I'd say in all events except Berimond (cause farms and alts aren't there much) small servers have a better chance but I'd say whoever Germany goes against in berimond unless it is pl1, us1 or romania1 they will be torn apart and not stand a chance lol
    Nah, I could be wrong. I'll accept your correction :)
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    Why on earth do you keep persisting with this nonsence, its not even an event.  firstly many servers often the biggest /  oldest servers will have zero chance of being able to participate.  These servers being so full of dead / shell / farm accounts who do nothing but drag the averages down to such a level it makes them uncompetitive.

By all means delete all the shells on every server and then we can discuss it again. until that time just bin it the idea sucked first time, you ran it it sucked the second time it, and it will be a total non event then next time u run it please stop wasting your guys time, on somethign that adds nothing, has no meaning, and cannot be influenced my anyone.

until you can find a scoring system that does not penilise players for being on a server full of shells.  And until you can get a real time scoring system, so you can actually see if your effort is having an effect.  and where u are placed.

You are runnign a matchplay knockout tourney.   imagine having a penalty shootout where one side takes 10 penalties, and gets a score then the other side does the same with no idea how many the other has scored, then they compare. yep garbage.

Imagine the world matchplay golf championship if the two players played separatly a round of golf then afterwards someone would add up the scores each one got and you would have to sit and wait to be told who won after the game finished.  Yep it would be shite.  The whole point of matchplay or for that matter all competitions is whilst the competition is on you can see the scores your opponent is getting, if they start to gain a slight lead you can battle back or hold them in your sights and look to take them in the final straight.

Imagine the 10,000 meters olympic final, with 20 guys racing on 20 diff tracks not havign a clue what the other guys are doing and at the end the times are collated and then some time later a winner announced.  Yes shite, all the drama, excitemnt, person vs person dead.  killed.

Or even worse you put 20 teams together of 1000 people, and its team vs team.  One team have 1000 active people in their team the other team you picked 500 dead people to play.  so before you even start each player has to work twice as hard to just counter the effect of all the dead people, add to this the fact you have no idea how well you are doing vs your opponant, no idea if your effort is even making any diff, but you suspect its pointless from the start, are you really going to give your all to try and win, or you just gonna say this is pointless and totally ignore it and get on with what you were doing anyway.

Just admit this one is not an event, just admit you do not have the technical capabilities to make this work as an event, and spend the time and effort somehere that could actually improve your product by all means come back if you find a real way of pitching server vs server and i will be most interested.  but no more of this garbage please.

Philt123 @ en 1
  • Sooo another 'event' where everyone does what they always do and just claim the rewards lol 

Not active ingame anymore  [email protected] (back again) 

[email protected] 

Non-ruby buyer 

[email protected] ResilientEmpire 

Pop me a PM ingame or on forums if you want to join :) 

My loot, first week back: 

• ang1243 (GB1)ang1243 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,834
    Hey guys,

Let me answer a few questions and give my thoughts on the event too ;) 

Doing such a thing but with alliances on every individual server would make more sense then doing this with servers as a whole. 
    I am a bit surprised of the rewards though, i was not expecting GGE to give us boosters. 
    @detedudu (INT2)

Unfortunately, doing this event with alliances just wouldn't be possible currently, the number of servers there are to compete in the event is a finite number, and is a controlled variable at GGS' end, whereas the number of alliances who would be competing could vary massively depending on serve size, etc. it would be interesting to add some sort of knockout stage competition for alliances in the future I agree, however this is not currently planned.

I guess some forms this could take would be having a qualification stage, maybe with a few different events taken into account in this stage, then hitting the group stages, with like 8 groups of 10, with only 2 alliances from each getting through that (maybe 4) then hitting the knockout stages, those stages could be 1 vs 1 alliances, or could be just that half the alliances don't get in if they're below the top X alliances....

This would throw up a bunch of problems though;

- Do alliances need to be seeded? If so, does that demoralise mid-range alliances?
    - What happens to alliances that change/merge during the time?
    - This whole process would take a lot of time.... it'd be a long competition, and alliances would rightfully lose interest to an extent I imagine.

Yeah, I like the rewards too :D 

Like we really need more events added to the game. We already have more than enough of them and we are still waiting for the alliance tournament and alliance city event to return back to the game which are both events as well. We also have not had Berimund Invasion returned back for a long time either. Now we got to wait for who knows how long before Kahn's Revenge will be returned back into the game and the server vs. server also seems pointless as well. lol.
    Hey @David Noble (US1)

In terms of Like we really need more events added to the game. This is even more of a background event than the LTPEs such as the Kala's contest, etc. You really don't have to put any more effort into events if you don't want to! In the end, it's just free bonus rewards and boosters!

@David Noble (US1)  @max12 (INT1)  @zeus1998 (GB1)  @MrKennyKRH (SKN1) 

In terms of fixing broken events first....

Really if you think about it, these are different areas of development, meaning different teams within GGS will be responsible for solving/creating these things. So... the addition of new events/content doesn't mean that repairing events such as the Berimond invasion, alliance tournament, etc. is being slowed down, it most certainly isn't.

A few updates/clarifications for you all in terms of the events currently absent from the game:

Berimond invasion:

This event has some technical issues which are preventing it from being launched in the game, we have highlighted the importance of this event to the team at GGS on multiple occasions, we understand that the commander which you can earn in the event is one of, if not the best NPC commander you can win in the game.

However, the issues with the event are fairly major, and as such, the realistic time frame for the re-release of this event in such a way that you'll be able to play the event again is looking like Early 2018.... If it ends up being decided that the event cannot be fixed, the equipment will become available elsewhere.

Alliance tournament:

This event isn't absent due to technical issues as such, instead it hasn't appeared because of the ability to exploit the metric used (Glory), realistically, the event will have to be completely reworked before it is released again, either that or it is released again with the knowledge that some players will exploit the event with Glory as the metric. Currently there is no time frame for the re-release, but the importance of the rewards from the event has been highlighted to the team on multiple occasions.

(Me thinking out loud) Really, PvP in general needs to be reworked before the alliance tournament comes back, this could mean that we see new metrics generally added for PvP, which could be used to measure success in the alliance tournament, Glory on the whole can be exploited reasonably easily, and doesn't always highlight the skill needed to 'succeed' in the battle, so maybe it will have some sort of overhaul in the future, followed by the return of the alliance tournie.

Royal capital event:

At the moment the event still has some major technical issues which are preventing the event from being safe to launch, and so it won't be coming back for a considerable length of time. When the event does come back, it will have been redesigned, arriving in a new style, however, it is unlikely that the Royal Capital event will be back before the end of 2017.

Khan's revenge:

The update happening today won't include the fix for the khan's revenge, but the event should hopefully return after a rework reasonably soon, currently we don't have more info to give other than explained in the previous announcement about the event not appearing for a while...
    I can't understand why they waste their time doing these dumb and useless server "events". Nobody gives a sh** about them, you just get a post when it's over with how you did. Yay my server got the silver price woopty f***ing doo! 
    Hey @MrKennyKRH (SKN1) @Hidingfromyou (US1) @TheBlueIcicle (US1) @Philt123 (GB1)

One of the major changes you'll notice with this event is that you'll be able to track the progress you're making as a server compared to others in a much more real-time based format, there won't be a camp appearing outside your castle to do this, instead it will be based on an external table which you can reference (a link to this table will be shared in the first few days of the event).

1. The rewards are not worth servers forgetting wars and coming together for a week when your giving them rewards worth like a tenner.

2. Whichever server gets the Brazil server in fi/bc has it unfair because the castles there are terrible compared to some of the ones on for example the german server, so whoever gets that server in the event will have an unfair disadvantage.

3. Displaying how people are doing, like last time has to be on the forum instead of coding another tent for the game, apparently this is because you cant compile all the data from all the servers and then display it again on a live feed, the scale is too big. Which I get, but then why are you doing this anyway..

Nor is there an incentive for customers to spend on the event, when their contribution will matter so little, and the potential rewards are worth less then what they have to spend.
    @The Carnifex (US1)

Welcome back to the forums ;)

1) This is a fair point, but I guess that depends on the server and the player in question, so some will benefit a lot from a booster, whereas others might not benefit so much, but may consider the effort for their fellow alliance members worthwhile to work for. Plus, the priceless value of glory for your server may well be worth working for ;) If you're distracted by a war at the time, fair enough, work on the war instead if it's going to be more enjoyable overall, that's fair enough too, in the end, the option is there, it doesn't have to be taken.

2) Fair point, but I guess this will balance out in the long term if there really is a difference, one server might have it in an early stage, but fight through regardless due to their overall strength, and then their opponent might end up having it in the final, meaning the opponent then has to work even harder ;) 

3) See above the response to Kenny about 'more live' feed of scores....

p.s. Every little helps ;)

• The results of your server will be calculated as an average of the points collected by the most active half of the players of your server during the Battle of Berimond or one of the invasions. So, we will consider Gallantry points for the Battle of Berimond, glory points for War of the Bloodcrows and War of the Realms, and Nomad/Samurai Points.

Can we get clarification on this. What is the minimum amount of points you have to collect to be considered active? Is there a minimum amount? Or are certain servers at a disadvantage for being larger than others? 

@macdrizzleer (US1)

Effectively, you will probably be considered active if you participate in the event, whether that's hitting 1 nomad camp, or 1000, and then the set of scores selected is based on the top 50% of those participating in the event, bigger servers will have more players that the average is taken from, but much smaller servers will probably have a larger selection of game-play levels which the average is taken from...

Also, the servers themselves are unbalanced. Germany will always take first place because there's more heavily invested players there. So . . . why should a lower ranked server bother with this?
    @Hidingfromyou (US1) @David Noble (US1)

If you look at a similar event in the Battle of nations... Germany only won twice, and overall, they were 4th in the Battle of Nations, so really the amount of investment isn't always going to be directly translated into 1st place ;) 

Why on earth do you keep persisting with this nonsence, its not even an event.  firstly many servers often the biggest /  oldest servers will have zero chance of being able to participate.  These servers being so full of dead / shell / farm accounts who do nothing but drag the averages down to such a level it makes them uncompetitive.

By all means delete all the shells on every server and then we can discuss it again. until that time just bin it the idea sucked first time, you ran it it sucked the second time it, and it will be a total non event then next time u run it please stop wasting your guys time, on somethign that adds nothing, has no meaning, and cannot be influenced my anyone.

until you can find a scoring system that does not penilise players for being on a server full of shells.  And until you can get a real time scoring system, so you can actually see if your effort is having an effect.  and where u are placed.

@Philt123 (GB1)

The average score of the server does not take into account inactive players... players will have to have participated in the event to be considered as part of the server score... for example, one way this could work for each event:

Berimond:

The player has to have entered the kingdom....

Nomads/Samurais:

The players must have hit at least 1 nomad/samurai camp

Foreign Lords/Bloodcrows:

The players have to have hit at least 1 defending castle (I would not consider a player being attacked as a usable parameter for determining activity)

You are runnign a matchplay knockout tourney.   imagine having a penalty shootout where one side takes 10 penalties, and gets a score then the other side does the same with no idea how many the other has scored, then they compare. yep garbage.

Imagine the world matchplay golf championship if the two players played separatly a round of golf then afterwards someone would add up the scores each one got and you would have to sit and wait to be told who won after the game finished.  Yep it would be sh**e.  The whole point of matchplay or for that matter all competitions is whilst the competition is on you can see the scores your opponent is getting, if they start to gain a slight lead you can battle back or hold them in your sights and look to take them in the final straight.

Imagine the 10,000 meters olympic final, with 20 guys racing on 20 diff tracks not havign a clue what the other guys are doing and at the end the times are collated and then some time later a winner announced.  Yes s***e, all the drama, excitemnt, person vs person dead.  killed.

@Philt123 (GB1)

See above for info on 'more live' scores....

@BM ang1243

To be honest, I like the event overall ;) We're not going to have to do any more than usual in events if we don't want to, it's not being forced on us, but at the same time, the rewards are definitely worth going for for many players, and so the effort required would be worthwhile...

The knockout format appeals to me, I like that you have the possibility of losing out on all future rewards from the nations cup if you don't perform well in one event; tests the server's versatility.

Hope that helps y'all....

Angus
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

• In terms of fixing broken events first....

Really if you think about it, these are different areas of development, meaning different teams within GGS will be responsible for solving/creating these things. So... the addition of new events/content doesn't mean that repairing events such as the Berimond invasion, alliance tournament, etc. is being slowed down, it most certainly isn't.

A few updates/clarifications for you all in terms of the events currently absent from the game:

Berimond invasion:

This event has some technical issues which are preventing it from being launched in the game, we have highlighted the importance of this event to the team at GGS on multiple occasions, we understand that the commander which you can earn in the event is one of, if not the best NPC commander you can win in the game.

However, the issues with the event are fairly major, and as such, the realistic time frame for the re-release of this event in such a way that you'll be able to play the event again is looking like Early 2018.... If it ends up being decided that the event cannot be fixed, the equipment will become available elsewhere.

Royal capital event:

At the moment the event still has some major technical issues which are preventing the event from being safe to launch, and so it won't be coming back for a considerable length of time. When the event does come back, it will have been redesigned, arriving in a new style, however, it is unlikely that the Royal Capital event will be back before the end of 2017.

Khan's revenge:

The update happening today won't include the fix for the khan's revenge, but the event should hopefully return after a rework reasonably soon, currently we don't have more info to give other than explained in the previous announcement about the event not appearing for a while...

Angus

The fact that it might take half a year extra to fix coding and launching for an event makes me question the experience of the developers working at GGS? I understand that GGS isn't a giant in terms of resources or available staff, but the fact that it's predicted that some of the events are to be fixed by their responsible teams in half a year should be considered unacceptable. 

Especially that Khan's revenge is on the same list after running just 1 time is a scandal, didn't the developers who coded Khan's revenge see these problems coming and fixed them before the launch? I am not a good coder, but all this could have been prevented from happening if done right.
  • zeus1998 (GB1)zeus1998 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 356
    In terms of fixing broken events first....

Berimond invasion:

Royal capital event:

Khan's revenge:

Angus

The fact that it might take half a year extra to fix coding and launching for an event makes me question the experience of the developers working at GGS? I understand that GGS isn't a giant in terms of resources or available staff, but the fact that it's predicted that some of the events are to be fixed by their responsible teams in half a year should be considered unacceptable. 

Especially that Khan's revenge is on the same list after running just 1 time is a scandal, didn't the developers who coded Khan's revenge see these problems coming and fixed them before the launch? I am not a good coder, but all this could have been prevented from happening if done right.
    that would be my concern, a coherent team wouldn't take a year to sort the royal capital event out, which it'll be apparently.

oh well, there we go. Can't do anything about it our end

RECORD NOMADS = 134,291, TOP 40
    RECORD SAMS = 254,189. 4TH PLACE 
    I've been here for around 7 years now, can't wait to celebrate my decade of destruction. 

• Alliance tournament:

or it is released again with the knowledge that some players will exploit the event with Glory as the metric.
    Yes please.
    sir-toke @ skn 1
  • ali hassan (INT1)ali hassan (INT1) INT1 Posts: 272
    What will be after lotus and pls don't give the same com again i have 4 of those now

:D
  • will see how this work even there no chance to win this in my server
    non ruby player ..30/30rv in fire
  • HardCase (US1)HardCase (US1) US1 Posts: 50
    This honestly sounds weak.  
    HardCase @ usa 1
    edited 04.08.2017
    Hey guys,

After taking into account the feedback from everyone we adjusted the rewards for the top 400 players on the winning server, you can check them out below or in the main announcement:

Post edited by ang1243 (GB1) on
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

• CBee (US1)CBee (US1) US1 Posts: 211
    I guess usa will be stuck with brazil and/or Romania during the glory events for this.  seems legit.
    CBee @ usa1

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,051
    I guess usa will be stuck with brazil and/or Romania during the glory events for this.  seems legit.
    last time they had their scores per event based on seasonal points scored in that timeframe, for that Brazil and Romania are best because of all the weak castles

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • I guess usa will be stuck with brazil and/or Romania during the glory events for this.  seems legit.
    Brazil are bums.

Romanians are repulsive.

... If USA1 gets stuck with Brazil and/or Romania, someone shoot me. . . please. 

• What will be after lotus and pls don't give the same com again i have 4 of those now
    Good.

• detedudu (INT2)detedudu (INT2) Posts: 352
    edited 04.08.2017

Yes i was thinking the same.. 

@BM ang1243 Shouldn't every server be given equal chances in the foreign/bloodcrows during this event? 
    An event like this should be based on a servers skill, not a servers luck

Yes i was thinking the same.. 

@BM ang1243 Shouldn't every server be given equal chances in the foreign/bloodcrows during this event? 
    An event like this should be based on a servers skill, not a servers luck

@detedudu (INT2)

The original idea behind the foreign invasion was to allow players to see how other servers defend their castles, and have an opportunity to 'fight' those players, we then displayed the total scores on the forums and compared server scores, unfortunately the latter part of this is no longer possible simply due to a lack of manpower, and the first part is less accurate as the information is not regularly updated with live defences.

Maybe in the future however we'll see more cross-server competition though ;) 

Angus

p.s. I realise that doesn't actually answer the question...

p.p.s Maybe in the future we'll be able to create a more accurate system for directly comparing and allowing competition between servers, but for now, it's going to have to be based on the systems we currently have in place.

• The Carnifex (US1)The Carnifex (US1) US1 Posts: 1,205
    So basically, yes it is unfair but there is nothing I or we can do to make it fair without dramatic change.
    Recruiter @ The Black Flag

• Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) AU1 Posts: 575
    so no chance of creating a pooled server which is basically  a mirror of all the active castles on all servers? ..then we compete against this?

no programmer so not sure if this is feasible or physically possible !!
    Shares @ au 1
Sign In to comment.